01-03-2009, 12:08 AM
Romo
13 Games 3448 yards 61.3 Pct 7.7 AVG 26 TD 14 INT 91.4 Rating 7 Fumbles lost

Schaub
11 Games 3043 yards 66.1 Pct 8.0 AVG 15 TD 10 INT 92.77 Rating 4 Fumbles lost

One of the most important stats

Romo 1-3 in December

Schaub 3-1 in December

Would Cowboy fans take Schaub on their team instead of Romo? As a Texans fan I'm glad to have Schaub on the team. Sure he makes terrible mistakes at times but he does show up when it counts and he was a very crucial part of the Texans end season run.

samikeyp
01-03-2009, 12:12 AM
Not yet. Schaub has yet to play a meaningful game in December. The Texans haven't been in the position to get into the postseason. That being said I am not slamming the guy.

monosylab1k
01-03-2009, 12:14 AM
Schaub 3-1 in December

:lmao yeah that was after starting off like 1-6 or some shit.

Get back to me when Schaub can play 1) an entire season healthy, and 2) an entire season without putting the team in a huge hole right off the bat.

Dr. Gonzo
01-03-2009, 12:22 AM
Romo didn't play the entire year healthy either. And mikey is right about not knowing whether Schaub can play in a big game yet but we already know Romo can't.

samikeyp
01-03-2009, 12:25 AM
Romo didn't play the entire year healthy either. And mikey is right about not knowing whether Schaub can play in a big game yet but we already know Romo can't.

I disagree slightly. I thought the game against the Giants was big but so were the games against Baltimore and Philly and it didn't happen. And of course the playoffs mean the most and he is 0-2. To be fair though, if it was just Romo, then the solution would be simple. That is the price of fame though for an NFL QB...they get all the glory of the wins and the all the blame for the losses.

BSofA04
01-03-2009, 01:45 AM
I actually like Schaub better than Romo. Seems like more of a leader and is making the most with his opportunity. 6-5 record as the starter this past season. Injuries hurt him but over a full season, he'd pass for more yards than Romo. Next season will be his third with the team which typically is a good time to evaluate a player. I expect Schaub to put up better numbers than Romo in 2009.

T Park
01-03-2009, 01:52 AM
Romo, if he can get an offensive line in front of him is a damn damn good quarterback.

When the offensive line this year for the boys was healthy thats when Romo was at his best.

Schaub is agood QB, but Romo can move out of the pocket, throw on the run.

Schaub is too much of a pocket passer.

If I was given the choice, everytime I'm taking Tony Romo.

monosylab1k
01-03-2009, 01:53 AM
Romo didn't play the entire year healthy either.

he's gotten through an NFL season without breaking like a china doll. Schaub hasn't.

T Park
01-03-2009, 02:01 AM
Agreed, as a Texan fan, theres a part of me that wants the Texans to explore trading up and getting the QB from Georgia, his name escapes me right now, but, I don't think Matt Schaub is an NFL level quarterback, and the spice rack is definately not an NFL quarterback as demonstrated by this season.

The Texans are one offensive lineman, a couple defensive players, and a consistent quarterback away from the playoffs.

The Dolphins have given the blueprint for how to do turn around a sesaon, and that was a 1-15 team, not a 8-8 should've been 9-7 or 10-6 team.

IronMexican
01-03-2009, 02:22 AM
Stafford is a bust in the making. Weakest QB class in years. a great OL class, though.

BSofA04
01-03-2009, 02:31 AM
Schaub has the 8th best QB rating in the entire NFL (Romo is 9th). He had a winning record in 2008. He lead the Texans with the 3rd best offense in the NFL. 277 yards passing per game. But yeah....he's not an NFL level quarterback :rolleyes

Romo "finishing" a season is a matter of opinion. Just ask his fantasy owners how Romo "finishes" a season.

Dr. Gonzo
01-03-2009, 02:48 AM
Romo has always had a great run game and a good o-line to help him along. Last season he didn't have any running game or protection what so ever but still managed to put up decent numbers.

SoCalGirlMeronKirsHamm
01-04-2009, 12:07 AM
How about Neither!

OK, Sorry. Almost anyone is better than Romo! Schaub is wayyy more solid. I'm surprised that Romo can tie his laces and suit up all the rest of his equipment without falling apart.

Not very sure about his football IQ either. Why could we not have just cloned Dan Marino or Roger Staubach? So Unfair!

:(

Roxsfan
01-04-2009, 01:37 AM
Romo crumbles under pressure in important games.

The jury is still out as to how Schaub will react in an important game.
Maybe next year Schaub can stay healthy and get the chance to play in a high pressure/important game.

Clandestino
01-04-2009, 09:10 AM
all we know is romo can't play in big games. schaub has yet to be in one, but you'd have to take him over romo.

spurs50_
01-04-2009, 09:45 AM
Romo isn't the problem, the problem is the drama queen wearing # 81. That guy is a cancer and the coaching staff and owner don't have the testicles to put him in his place. I'd ship him out, we have players that can do what he did last season without the bitching and moaning.

Udokafan05
01-04-2009, 10:49 PM
Romo is the better qb, but Schaub has the best WR.

ClingingMars
01-04-2009, 11:41 PM
Schaub has better weapons. Hell, when the guy played at UVa, he had great weapons. He was a great pocket passer there who was a product of Welsh's system.

-Mars

ducks
01-04-2009, 11:49 PM
better get ne quarterback cassell

PixelPusher
01-05-2009, 03:55 AM
One of the most important stats

Romo 1-3 in December

Schaub 3-1 in December

Shaun Hill was 3-1 in December, I guess he's better than Romo too. :smokin

Extra Stout
01-05-2009, 10:00 AM
I don't think Matt Schaub is an NFL level quarterback
If you were to change that to "elite NFL quarterback" or "All-Pro quarterback" or "the top-flight QB the Texans really need to get to the next level" your comment would stand up a lot better.

Extra Stout
01-05-2009, 10:02 AM
Romo 1-3 in December

Schaub 3-1 in December

The Texans were not a factor in the playoff chase, so that 3-1 record says nothing about how Schaub plays under pressure.

tonylongoriafan
01-05-2009, 10:12 AM
Me >>> Romo

ATRAIN
01-05-2009, 10:40 AM
I have to say Schaub.

Ok in a packaged deal who would you rather have.

Schaub, Andre Johnson, Mario Williams

or

Romo, T.O., Dware

Whisky Dog
01-05-2009, 10:52 AM
Romo's mindset as displayed by his comments and demeanor are what bother me about him. After the loss to the Wagles he said something to the effect of "it's just football, we'll try to win next year but if we don't then ok". Is that something that a champion in any sport has ever said? Can you imagine Timmy, Jordan, or Tiger Woods saying something like that? Or Aikman and Irvin?

That drive to win and leadership that drives a winning team just isn't there from the HC or QB, and it has to be there from those two.

BSofA04
01-06-2009, 12:48 AM
Schaub, AJ and Williams gets my vote.

mexicanjunior
01-06-2009, 11:08 AM
Schaub gets hurt to often for me to take him ahead of Romo. Also, I think Romo's numbers would look significantly better if he had Andre Johnson to throw to, he makes things alot easier than with TO and Roy Williams...

leemajors
01-06-2009, 11:38 AM
Schaub gets hurt to often for me to take him ahead of Romo. Also, I think Romo's numbers would look significantly better if he had Andre Johnson to throw to, he makes things alot easier than with TO and Roy Williams...

you'd want a receiver who never complains and runs routes perfectly while catching almost anything thrown his way over TO?

mexicanjunior
01-06-2009, 12:28 PM
you'd want a receiver who never complains and runs routes perfectly while catching almost anything thrown his way over TO?

I'd take Sam Hurd, Miles Austin, and Danny Amendola over TO at this point...

leemajors
01-06-2009, 01:13 PM
I'd take Sam Hurd, Miles Austin, and Danny Amendola over TO at this point...

amendola is an eagle now :lol

Private Joker
01-06-2009, 10:47 PM
Is that you John Wayne? Is this me?

Clandestino
01-06-2009, 11:16 PM
yeah, romo doesn't have the "ganas" to win!

djohn2oo8
09-21-2009, 01:32 PM
The thing that separates them is that Schaub looks to be a better leader....As the season progresses, we will find out

leemajors
09-21-2009, 01:34 PM
they're both scrubs

LOL texans
09-21-2009, 02:07 PM
:lmao Shaub

texan Fan is soooo fucking stupid...they really take the cake.

in a couple more games Matty will be nursing an ingorown fingernail and out for 3 weeks

:lol Super Bowl win

djohn2oo8
09-21-2009, 03:22 PM
:lmao Shaub

texan Fan is soooo fucking stupid...they really take the cake.

in a couple more games Matty will be nursing an ingorown fingernail and out for 3 weeks

:lol Super Bowl win

You had better hope the colts win tonight after the shit u talk, cuz the only legitimate threat in the south division to the colts are the Texans

LOL texans
09-21-2009, 05:50 PM
You had better hope the colts win tonight after the shit u talk, cuz the only legitimate threat in the south division to the colts are the Texans

LMAO!
Please, you all are anything but a threat. You all are a team that will end the season right where it is right now. at .500. The division will be a cakewalk this year. See, one of the differences is we have one of the best QB's ever to play the game, while you guys have some piece of shit names Shaub. Titans will still end up 2nd in the division, while you all will still be sucking Colts cock like you have since your miserable existance.

dirk4mvp
09-21-2009, 05:51 PM
^ Stretch, the Texans are the Colts' biggest threat this year. The Titans blow balls.

LOL texans
09-21-2009, 05:59 PM
^ Stretch, the Titans are the Colts' biggest threat this year. The Titans blow balls.

EXACTLY. They blow, and the texans blow more. Don't care if they barely beat the Titans on a stupid fumble by Collins. They will still end up with a better record.

Who is stretch?

Dr. Gonzo
10-04-2009, 07:01 PM
A quarter of the way through the season let's just check and see where they both stand.

Both teams are 2-2.

Romo: 735 yards passing, 57.3 completion percentage, 4 TDs, 3 INTs, 85.2 QB rating

Schaub: 1047 yards passing, 62 completion percentage, 8 TDs 3 INTs, 98.6 QB rating

dougp
10-04-2009, 07:06 PM
Gonzo, you must be one of these Houston fags who think your team is the shit and then they go 8-8 when Glass Schaub goes out for half the season and it's your backup QB who gives them some wins.

Dr. Gonzo
10-04-2009, 07:10 PM
Gonzo, you must be one of these Houston fags who think your team is the shit and then they go 8-8 when Glass Schaub goes out for half the season and it's your backup QB who gives them some wins.

lmao

Romo missed as many games last season as Schaub.

Fail

dougp
10-04-2009, 07:13 PM
lmao

Romo missed as many games last season as Schaub.

Fail

Yet the Cowboys had a better record at the end of the season.

benefactor
10-04-2009, 07:16 PM
...and you must be one of those Dallas fags that think the Cowboys have actually done something meaningful since the Oilers left Houston.

dougp
10-04-2009, 07:22 PM
...and you must be one of those Dallas fags that think the Cowboys have actually done something meaningful since the Oilers left Houston.

Not from Dallas, you faggot. I'm in Houston and was raised in SanAn. These fuckers in Houston are the worst thing to sports since they moved the Oilers to Tennesse.

benefactor
10-04-2009, 07:29 PM
Not from Dallas, you faggot. I'm in Houston and was raised in SanAn. These fuckers in Houston are the worst thing to sports since they moved the Oilers to Tennesse.
Ahh...OK. Thanks for the clarification...not that it makes Dallas any more relevant.

dougp
10-04-2009, 07:32 PM
Ahh...OK. Thanks for the clarification...not that it makes Dallas any more relevant.

Not seeing yoru point, benefactor.

symple19
10-04-2009, 07:48 PM
his point is pretty much that Dallas blows

Schaub>Romo

benefactor
10-04-2009, 07:49 PM
Not seeing yoru point, benefactor.
Dallas is just as irrelevant as Houston. It's not rocket science.

LOL texans
10-06-2009, 06:22 PM
Dallas is just as irrelevant as Houston. It's not rocket science.

I LOL cowboys, but anyone other than a stupid fucking texan fan such as yourself will tell you the Cowboys are a big deal wether they suck or not, or whether you like them or not. Its okay to hate them, but don't be stupid and lump them in with the pile of shit that is the houston texans.

benefactor
12-21-2009, 03:11 PM
Bump.

2 weeks left. Dallas has the better record (record is somewhat misleading here, as two of Houston's losses are on Kris Brown's foot), but individually Schaub is still ahead Romo in most statistical catagories. Now Schaub just has to figure out how to be clutch .

Schaub - 68.6 CMP%, 4181 YDS, 25 TD, 13 INT, 98.9 RTG.

Romo - 62.3 CMP%, 3886 YDS, 23 TD, 7 INT, 97.8 RTG.

As far as who is better goes I would say it's still a wash. I would not trade Schaub for Romo and I'm betting most Dallas fans probably feel the same way. Both still have a lot to prove if they want their names mentioned among the elite.

dirk4mvp
12-21-2009, 03:14 PM
Idk. I think Romo getting a win in the Superdome in December (altho he did almost choke it away) edges him over Schaub for the moment.

benefactor
12-21-2009, 03:22 PM
Idk. I think Romo getting a win in the Superdome in December (altho he did almost choke it away) edges him over Schaub for the moment.
Perhaps...but I think that win becomes irrelevant if Dallas gets the wild card and Romo craps the bed again. The way Houston lost to Indy at home is a bit of a black eye for Schaub too though.

dirk4mvp
12-21-2009, 03:24 PM
Perhaps...but I think that win becomes irrelevant if Dallas gets the wild card and Romo craps the bed again. The way Houston lost to Indy at home is a bit of a black eye for Schaub too though.

lol yeah that's why I said at the moment.

monosylab1k
12-21-2009, 04:11 PM

How did Romo almost choke it away? Is he responsible for Nick Folk shanking kicks and Roy Williams dropping passes thrown right on his hands?

monosylab1k
12-21-2009, 04:12 PM
I thought Romo played a top 3 game of his career on Saturday. He made nothing but smart decisions with the football all night.

dirk4mvp
12-21-2009, 04:15 PM
It's always the qb's fault when a team chokes :rolleyes

monosylab1k
12-21-2009, 04:17 PM
It's always the qb's fault when a team chokes :rolleyes

true, or when the team almost chokes.

http://www.sportsmonarch.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/vince-young.jpg

dirk4mvp
12-21-2009, 04:18 PM
ha

that's what i woulda done.

monosylab1k
12-21-2009, 04:21 PM
At least Romo has never been so lame as to say "I'm trying to be a good teammate...." and then completely contradict himself with his next statement of "...but we had some protection problems."

dirk4mvp
12-21-2009, 04:22 PM
Aren't you the one always giving me and duncanownskobe shit for not liking Vince Young? The Peyton poster you have on your wall you throw darts at trumps any of that brah.

monosylab1k
12-21-2009, 04:27 PM
How are they alike at all.

VY Fan: I think Vince is great, and he does is win, and here's the stats to prove it.
VY Hater: No, he sucks.

Peyton Fan: Peyton's the greatest ever!
Peyton Hater: Lol Rex Grossman, also he's a shitty teammate and here's a quote to prove it.

The difference is I have proof and you don't.

badfish22
12-21-2009, 04:31 PM
How did Romo almost choke it away? Is he responsible for Nick Folk shanking kicks and Roy Williams dropping passes thrown right on his hands?

+1

Although it is kinda his fault think Roy Williams would actually make an easy completion. With Roy, you never know.

Goran Dragic
12-21-2009, 04:33 PM
sup niggas.

dirk4mvp
12-21-2009, 04:34 PM
I guess Peyton hate is warranted, being the qb of his generation and all.

VY Lover - Did you see that game Vince Young just won by himself? Nevermind his RB just went for 150 and 2 td's, it was all Vince
Rational NFL Fan - Sure brah.

Peyton hater - Did you see that pass Peyton just threw, it didn't have a tight spiral at all. He also has a large head.

The difference is I have proof and you don't.

The proof that Young plays 1 on 11 and still wins? I know. There's no doubt the miraculous Young would've pulled a team out of an 0-6 hole if he had Laurence Maroney behind him instead of Johnson.

monosylab1k
12-21-2009, 04:37 PM
Numbers don't lie. What's Vince's record as a starter?

You know what else doesn't lie? Direct quotes like "I'm trying to be a good teammate but we had some protection problems".

dirk4mvp
12-21-2009, 04:40 PM
Not good enough to lead the Titans to the #1 seed in the afc. Instead the team he plays for is 7-7 and would need a lot of help to get a wildcard.

stretch
12-21-2009, 04:44 PM
VY Lover - Did you see that game Vince Young just won by himself? Nevermind his RB just went for 150 and 2 td's, it was all Vince

the thing is, not a single VY fan here has ever said anything remotely close to that, and every single VY fan has said that having a guy like Chris Johnson has helped him immensely. the fact that morons like you try to take away from him, just because of the fact that he has a weapon (which every great QB in history had weapons, most of them had multiple weapons)

VY is playing good football. thats all any VY fan here has been saying.

Greg Oden
12-21-2009, 04:45 PM
that's a stretch

stretch
12-21-2009, 04:56 PM
that's a stretch

cool story brah

benefactor
12-21-2009, 05:17 PM
Schaub>>>Young

stretch
12-21-2009, 05:28 PM
Bump.

2 weeks left. Dallas has the better record (record is somewhat misleading here, as two of Houston's losses are on Kris Brown's foot), but individually Schaub is still ahead Romo in most statistical catagories. Now Schaub just has to figure out how to be clutch .

Schaub - 68.6 CMP%, 4181 YDS, 25 TD, 13 INT, 98.9 RTG.

Romo - 62.3 CMP%, 3886 YDS, 23 TD, 7 INT, 97.8 RTG.

As far as who is better goes I would say it's still a wash. I would not trade Schaub for Romo and I'm betting most Dallas fans probably feel the same way. Both still have a lot to prove if they want their names mentioned among the elite.

schaub is good, but hes not as good as romo

when romo had TO, he was putting up greater numbers, and that was a TO coming out of his prime

schaub has an Andre Johnson just reaching his prime, and hes arguably the best receiever in the league, alongside Fitzgerald.

if romo had Johnson on the Cowboys, i bet he would put up better numbers than schaub

stretch
12-21-2009, 05:29 PM
Schaub>>>Young

right now, yeah, but not >>> just >

but future? i doubt he stays better

BUMP
12-21-2009, 05:35 PM
Idk. I think Romo getting a win in the Superdome in December (altho Nick Folk did almost choke it away) edges him over Schaub for the moment.

Go For Tree
12-21-2009, 06:29 PM
Not good enough to lead the Titans to the #1 seed in the afc. Instead the team he plays for is 7-7 and would need a lot of help to get a wildcard.

7-7 is only one game out of the wildcard at the moment with 2 left to play. They dont need all that much help.

Dr. Gonzo
12-21-2009, 07:17 PM
schaub is good, but hes not as good as romo

when romo had TO, he was putting up greater numbers, and that was a TO coming out of his prime

schaub has an Andre Johnson just reaching his prime, and hes arguably the best receiever in the league, alongside Fitzgerald.

if romo had Johnson on the Cowboys, i bet he would put up better numbers than schaub

Romo also has an incredible run game on his side while Schaub doesn't. The Texans are probably at the bottom 5 in rushing as a team. That doesn't help the play action, which is a big part of the pass offense. If you swap Schaub and Romo I think Schaub would be putting up even better numbers. Romo would be playing like the above average QB that he really is.

BUMP
12-21-2009, 07:20 PM
How do you explain turning it over twice as much as Romo?

Anybody can just go out there and sling it all over the place because they have no run game, but it doesn't do any good if you keep turning it over

Spursfan092120
12-21-2009, 07:28 PM
Stupid thread. Once Tony Romo gets a receiver like Andre Johnson, we can talk again.

Greg Oden
12-21-2009, 07:30 PM
Miles Austin > Andre Johnson

Dr. Gonzo
12-21-2009, 07:31 PM
How do you explain turning it over twice as much as Romo?

Anybody can just go out there and sling it all over the place because they have no run game, but it doesn't do any good if you keep turning it over

It can't be explained. He makes poor decisions from time to time. That doesn't change the fact that he is still significantly better than Romo in almost every statistical category with a lot less. Sure he has a great WR, Romo doesn't have anyone even remotely close to AJ, but Romo does have 3 good RBs and a great TE. Owen Daniels has been out for most of the season and aside from AJ, no other WR has stepped up for Houston, yet Schaub is still statistically better.

Spursfan092120
12-21-2009, 07:33 PM
It can't be explained. He makes poor decisions from time to time. That doesn't change the fact that he is still significantly better than Romo in almost every statistical category with a lot less. Sure he has a great WR, Romo doesn't have anyone even remotely close to AJ, but Romo does have 3 good RBs and a great TE. Owen Daniels has been out for most of the season and aside from AJ, no other WR has stepped up for Houston, yet Schaub is still statistically better.
If it was the other way around, and Romo had better stats but turned the ball over twice as much as Schaub, you'd point to that as the reason why Schaub was better.

Dr. Gonzo
12-21-2009, 07:36 PM
If it was the other way around, and Romo had better stats but turned the ball over twice as much as Schaub, you'd point to that as the reason why Schaub was better.

Peyton Manning has 15 INTS this season. Does this make Romo a better QB than Manning?

Spursfan092120
12-21-2009, 07:45 PM
Peyton Manning has 15 INTS this season. Does this make Romo a better QB than Manning?
Manning is the best QB in the league...you're saying Schaub having better stats makes him better than Romo, when he's got a much better receiver. When Romo had T.O., he was much better than Schaub stat-wise. Having a great receiver is a HELL of a lot better than having a great TE, because Johnson can outrun 75% of the DBs in the league...Witten can't outrun any of them. And to top it off, some of those passes DID go to Owen Daniels this year. But thanks for throwing this point out, because all it does is show your point is moot. Stats aren't everything.

Nathan Explosion
12-21-2009, 07:45 PM

QBs get all the acclaim when a team wins and all the blame when a team loses.

Who's team has a better record?

Dr. Gonzo
12-21-2009, 07:55 PM
Manning is the best QB in the league...you're saying Schaub having better stats makes him better than Romo, when he's got a much better receiver. When Romo had T.O., he was much better than Schaub stat-wise. Having a great receiver is a HELL of a lot better than having a great TE, because Johnson can outrun 75% of the DBs in the league...Witten can't outrun any of them. And to top it off, some of those passes DID go to Owen Daniels this year. But thanks for throwing this point out, because all it does is show your point is moot. Stats aren't everything.

I guess Joe Montana wasn't a great QB since he had Jerry Rice. I see what you are saying.

So according to your criteria what makes Romo better than Schaub? The star on his helmet?

Spursfan092120
12-21-2009, 07:58 PM
I guess Joe Montana wasn't a great QB since he had Jerry Rice. I see what you are saying.

So according to your criteria what makes Romo better than Schaub? The star on his helmet?
The fact that year in and year out, Tony is right there at the top, and Schaub isn't always there...the fact that they Cowboys win more games than the Texans...if December Romo showed up this year, I might actually agree that Schaub might be better, but Romo is showing this year that he's a better player. He's also performing well under a MUCH larger spotlight than Schaub, with no clear cut top WR.

benefactor
12-21-2009, 08:05 PM
QBs get all the acclaim when a team wins and all the blame when a team loses.

Who's team has a better record?
Just because that is the going assumption doesn't make it true. Just look at the loss to the Tacks in week 10. Schaub threw for over 300 yards, 2 TD's, no picks and had a passer rating of 105.2. The loss clearly was not his fault.

Dr. Gonzo
12-21-2009, 08:09 PM
The fact that year in and year out, Tony is right there at the top, and Schaub isn't always there...the fact that they Cowboys win more games than the Texans...if December Romo showed up this year, I might actually agree that Schaub might be better, but Romo is showing this year that he's a better player. He's also performing well under a MUCH larger spotlight than Schaub, with no clear cut top WR.

This is Schaub's 3rd year as a starter and last season and this season he was near the top statistically, even with his shortened season last year due to injuries. The rest of your argument is just opinion. The facts are in numbers.

The spotlight argument is bullshit. Also, I thought you had a huge boner for Miles Austin and already proclaimed him a top WR. Now you backtrack?

Spursfan092120
12-21-2009, 08:09 PM
Just because that is the going assumption doesn't make it true. Just look at the loss to the Tacks in week 10. Schaub threw for over 300 yards, 2 TD's, no picks and had a passer rating of 105.2. The loss clearly was not his fault.
But yet when Romo throws for 300 yards, gets a couple of TDs, and the Cowboys lose, you bash Romo. What a hypocrite.

Dr. Gonzo
12-21-2009, 08:12 PM
But yet when Romo throws for 300 yards, gets a couple of TDs, and the Cowboys lose, you bash Romo. What a hypocrite.

Yet when Schaub has better season stats with less offensive weapons aside from an all-world WR you bash him and say Romo is better. Fucking hypocrite.

Spursfan092120
12-21-2009, 08:13 PM
This is Schaub's 3rd year as a starter and last season and this season he was near the top statistically, even with his shortened season last year due to injuries. The rest of your argument is just opinion. The facts are in numbers.

The spotlight argument is bullshit. Also, I thought you had a huge boner for Miles Austin and already proclaimed him a top WR. Now you backtrack?
I think you're mistaken about Miles...yes, I think he's the best receiver we have, but he's not near Andre Johnson's level. I've said all year that Andre is the best WR in the league. If the facts are in numbers, why did you throw out that Peyton has more INTs than Romo? You're not helping your argument. Stats are obviously not everything. And if you think the spotlight argument is bullshit, you're ignorant. NY and Dallas are the two hardest places to play as a NFL QB in the league.

benefactor
12-21-2009, 08:13 PM
Do I? Evidence please.

Now I do laugh at the Cowboys as a whole when they lose. But hey, who doesn't?

Spursfan092120
12-21-2009, 08:15 PM
Yet when Schaub has better season stats with less offensive weapons aside from an all-world WR you bash him and say Romo is better. Fucking hypocrite.
That all world WR is enough..and he had Daniels for some of this season. Like I said before, Andre Johnson can outrun 75% of the DBs in this league..Witten can't outrun any of them. Johnson can do a double move and take off on a fly pattern and Schaub can just throw the ball up and he'll get to it. Witten can't do that. When Romo had TO, he was a lot better..that "All World WR" thing matters..a LOT.

Spursfan092120
12-21-2009, 08:16 PM
Do I? Evidence please.

Now I do laugh at the Cowboys as a whole when they lose. But hey, who doesn't?
lol Romo is your response to Cowboy losses...so yeah, you do.

Spursfan092120
12-21-2009, 08:17 PM
This is just a butthurt Texans fans thread, pissed off that the Cowboys remain better than Houston, despite their pleas, and the fact that Dallas could beat an undefeated team hurts them even more. Get over yourselves...you're not on Dallas' level yet..

benefactor
12-21-2009, 08:20 PM
lmao insecure Cowboys fan playing the "Shudddup! We're better than you!" card in a thread about two individual players.

BUMP
12-21-2009, 09:45 PM
Look, they are both very close. I have watched Schaub play all season, and he is very good.

Looking at the stats, he is better in every stat but not by a whole lot. One thing that does stand out, like a tiebreaker, is the INT and Schaub has TWICE as many. I have not followed the Texans closely but it seems like he makes crucial mistakes at the wrong time a lot.

And there is no debate about the fact that the Cowboys are 100 times more scrutinized than the freakin Texans.Off the top of my head (there may have been more) i remember watching Schaub screw up and throw an INT with the game tied against AZ that Cromartie took to the house for the win. They may have spent about 2 minutes about that on ESPN, if that was Romo, half the show would have aired coverage on it and speculation about him being cut would run through the papers all week.

Spursfan092120
12-21-2009, 11:00 PM
lmao insecure Cowboys fan playing the "Shudddup! We're better than you!" card in a thread about two individual players.
LMAO..insecure? We're 9-5 and in charge of our own destiny...the Texans need a damn miracle to make the playoffs. Texans fans bash on Cowboys and their fans all the time in here..who's insecure??

benefactor
12-21-2009, 11:04 PM
LMAO..insecure? We're 9-5 and in charge of our own destiny...the Texans need a damn miracle to make the playoffs. Texans fans bash on Cowboys and their fans all the time in here..who's insecure??

Dr. Gonzo
12-22-2009, 12:19 AM
This is just a butthurt Texans fans thread, pissed off that the Cowboys remain better than Houston, despite their pleas, and the fact that Dallas could beat an undefeated team hurts them even more. Get over yourselves...you're not on Dallas' level yet..

This thread is just for discussion on whether or not Schaub is better than Romo. Nothing more. The Cowboys are the better team and the record shows it. I have no problem stating that.

samikeyp
12-22-2009, 12:43 AM
This thread is just for discussion on whether or not Schaub is better than Romo. Nothing more. The Cowboys are the better team and the record shows it. I have no problem stating that.

+1

IMO, what gives Romo the edge is I think he is better when the play breaks down. Schaub doesn't suck by any means but I still take Romo over him with a slight edge.

stretch
12-22-2009, 12:52 AM
Romo also has an incredible run game on his side while Schaub doesn't. The Texans are probably at the bottom 5 in rushing as a team. That doesn't help the play action, which is a big part of the pass offense. If you swap Schaub and Romo I think Schaub would be putting up even better numbers. Romo would be playing like the above average QB that he really is.

yeah he has some good runningbacks, unfortunately he has the worst OC in the league that doesnt know how the fuck to balance it out ever. either he runs the ball way too damn much or throws it way too much.

lets see schaub actually do something to help get his team get to the playoffs for once. then we can talk about him being an elite QB. lets also see him do this with some consistency. at least romo has been putting up very solid numbers for several years now. schaub puts up some truly good numbers for the first time in his career, and texan fans suddenly anoint him as some elite QB. rofl

stretch
12-22-2009, 12:54 AM
That doesn't change the fact that he is still significantly better than Romo in almost every statistical category with a lot less.

lol for the first time in his career he has better stats than romo, but with the best receiver in the NFL

crc21209
12-22-2009, 01:45 AM
This thread is crap :td :lol

Dr. Gonzo
12-22-2009, 08:50 AM
yeah he has some good runningbacks, unfortunately he has the worst OC in the league that doesnt know how the fuck to balance it out ever. either he runs the ball way too damn much or throws it way too much.

lets see schaub actually do something to help get his team get to the playoffs for once. then we can talk about him being an elite QB. lets also see him do this with some consistency. at least romo has been putting up very solid numbers for several years now. schaub puts up some truly good numbers for the first time in his career, and texan fans suddenly anoint him as some elite QB. rofl

I don't think anyone said anything about elite. Being a better QB than Romo doesn't make one elite, it just makes them better than an above average QB. There are only 3 elite QBs in this league. Peyton, Brady and Brees. All others are just different grades of average. Some above and many below average.

symple19
12-22-2009, 09:51 AM
didn't watch the game, but a resounding yes! In response to the original question

stretch
12-22-2009, 10:19 AM
I don't think anyone said anything about elite. Being a better QB than Romo doesn't make one elite, it just makes them better than an above average QB. There are only 3 elite QBs in this league. Peyton, Brady and Brees. All others are just different grades of average. Some above and many below average.

considering your obsession with stats in this argument, judging by stats, romo most definitely is elite. the guy has put up damn good stats his whole career.

symple19
12-22-2009, 10:37 AM
considering your obsession with stats in this argument, judging by stats, romo most definitely is elite. the guy has put up damn good stats his whole career.

true, but has failed when the pressure is applied.

monosylab1k
12-22-2009, 10:49 AM

Yeah but when has Matt Schaub ever come through in a pressure situation? Never, because he's never gotten his team far enough to ever be in a pressure situation.

LOL@MavsFan
12-22-2009, 10:50 AM
LOL even comparing that scrub to Romo LOL LOL!
LOL Texans

monosylab1k
12-22-2009, 10:50 AM
Romo >>>>>>>>>>>> Schaub, it's not even debatable until Schaub can lead his team to the playoffs. Hell, just lead them to a winning record for once in franchise history.

Spursfan092120
12-22-2009, 11:42 AM
you mean like Saturday? How do we know Schaub won't fail in a pressure situation? He hasn't even been put in one because he hasn't even given his team an opportunity to reach the playoffs. And they won't get there this year either..and once more, Dallas will be in the playoffs, and Texans fans will be bashing them while their team sits at home.

Spursfan092120
12-22-2009, 11:42 AM
Romo >>>>>>>>>>>> Schaub, it's not even debatable until Schaub can lead his team to the playoffs. Hell, just lead them to a winning record for once in franchise history.

BUMP
12-22-2009, 12:00 PM

But, but, but Romo has teh more weapons :madrun

SpuronyourFace
12-22-2009, 12:20 PM
Texan fan is trying to use stats(which are pretty similar to eachother) to grasp for something to hold on to. Romo is clearly a better QB. Any unbiased person will tell you that.

Using the argument of Stats thus far in the season is a meaningless argument. Its stupid really. "Oh look Shaub has more passing yards than Brees, Brady, Rivers, Romo, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Farve, that must mean he is a better QB than all of them. YEA, we have the best QB in the leage after Peyton" - Texan fan............. Hell, Shaub is not even playing well enough to be the second best QB in their division.

Romo has performed better, hurt his team less, as Shaub has 6 more INTs than Romo, and is just quarterbacking better. AND he has his team in playoff contention for the 4th year in a row. Shaub can't even get his team to above .500. Getting a team to .500 is child's play for Romo. I'll take the former over the latter.

When I think of Shaub, I think of the Shaub failed comeback againt Jacksonville, I think of him missing a wide open td against Arizona and then throwing a pick on the next possession. I think of the Indy comeback and Shaub INT for Indy to seal the game. Just to name a few. He has not played bigtime. He is in a pass happy offense with the best WR in the league.

These guys are not elite, and their careers are still young. Their roles can easily reverse. But thus far their is no question who the better QB is. Its Romo.

SpuronyourFace
12-22-2009, 12:23 PM
But, but, but Romo has teh more weapons :madrun

I'll will happy trade our stable of WR for the Texan's stable.:fro

Spursfan092120
12-22-2009, 01:05 PM
You know what's funny? You look back at a certain Miles Austin thread when he was just hitting his stride, and all the Texans fans were talking about how their wide receivers were so much better than what the Cowboys had to offer. Now, they're sitting at 7-7 and we're sitting at 9-5, and our overall weapons are so much better.

dirk4mvp
12-22-2009, 04:17 PM

I don't think you can leave Rivers off. He's better than Brady this year.

ATRAIN
01-20-2010, 08:41 AM
Texans QB Schaub added to Pro Bowl roster

Texans quarterback Matt Schaub has been added to the AFC Pro Bowl roster after New England's Tom Brady was forced to pull out due to an injury, the NFL released on its Web site late Tuesday night.

Schaub, who will be making his first Pro Bowl appearance, led the NFL in passing with 4,770 yards this season. The other AFC quarterbacks are Peyton Manning of Indianapolis and Phillip Rivers of San Diego.

Schaub joins wide receiver Andre Johnson, defensive end Mario Williams and linebackers Brian Cushing and DeMeco Ryans as Texans representatives on the AFC roster.

The Pro Bowl will be held Jan. 31 in Miami.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/6825614.html

ATRAIN
01-20-2010, 08:42 AM
He got in the same way as VY before all of you cowboy lovers aka VY nuthuggers pipe in.

DarrinS
01-20-2010, 09:05 AM
I'm not a Dallas or Houston fan, so this is an unbiased opinion.

I think Schaub is a good passer, but doesn't get the national recognition that Romo gets. But, I think Romo is more athletic and can extend more plays with his feet.

Advantage Romo.

LOL texans
01-20-2010, 10:52 AM
Texans QB Schaub added to Pro Bowl roster

Texans quarterback Matt Schaub has been added to the AFC Pro Bowl roster after New England's Tom Brady was forced to pull out due to an injury, the NFL released on its Web site late Tuesday night.

Schaub, who will be making his first Pro Bowl appearance, led the NFL in passing with 4,770 yards this season. The other AFC quarterbacks are Peyton Manning of Indianapolis and Phillip Rivers of San Diego.

Schaub joins wide receiver Andre Johnson, defensive end Mario Williams and linebackers Brian Cushing and DeMeco Ryans as Texans representatives on the AFC roster.

The Pro Bowl will be held Jan. 31 in Miami.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/6825614.html

:lmao @ pro bowl alternatism

Oh, and Romo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>shaub

ATRAIN
01-20-2010, 11:03 AM
:lmao @ pro bowl alternatism

Oh, and Romo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>shaub

Yeah I pretty much dont believe one should be credited for a pro bowl if one comes in as an alternate. So in my eyes he isnt a pro bowler, and VY has never been either.

Dr. Gonzo
01-20-2010, 12:05 PM
Since Manning won't play because he will be prepping for the SB, who will replace him? VY? If so, does he count as a two-time Pro Bowler?

samikeyp
01-20-2010, 12:10 PM
Since Manning won't play because he will be prepping for the SB, who will replace him? VY? If so, does he count as a two-time Pro Bowler?

Technically, yes...in ATRAIN's eyes, no. :)

LOL texans
01-20-2010, 01:24 PM

It'll be VY....But this is why I hate the Pro-Browl. Half the roster ends up being alternates. Shaub and Vince are what the 2nd and 3rd alternates????

Their should be a different distinction for alternates.

And by the way Vince>>>>>>>>shaub

ATRAIN
01-20-2010, 01:26 PM
It'll be VY....But this is why I hate the Pro-Browl. Half the roster ends up being alternates. Shaub and Vince are what the 3rd and 4th alternates????

Their should be a different distinction for alternates.

And by the way Vince>>>>>>>>shaub

Pro bowl is a joke. It means nothing. That is why I like the Baseball all star game. At least it has a meaning to the winner.

LOL texans
01-20-2010, 01:27 PM
Pro bowl is a joke. It means nothing. That is why I like the Baseball all star game. At least it has a meaning to the winner.

Very true. On that note, NBA all star game is a joke aswell.

ATRAIN
01-20-2010, 01:32 PM
Very true. On that note, NBA all star game is a joke aswell.

Yeah that one is just a dunk contest.

ATRAIN
01-20-2010, 01:33 PM
IMO anything that has fan voting is a crock.

leemajors
01-20-2010, 02:07 PM
the MLB "prize" is a novelty, and kinda stupid imo. the game is still meaningless in this day and age.

Harry Callahan
01-24-2010, 11:17 AM
So the fact that Schaub made the AFC Pro Bowl makes him a better QB than Romo? That proves nothing.

It wouldn't be surprising if TR ends up making the 2010 Pro Bowl as well under the twisted Pro Bowl system now in place. Since houston football fans like stats so much, that would make 3 PB appearances for TR. That's not the point.

Romo had his best year of his four year career after taking a HOF receiver OFF his team. That is impressive to me. Three out of four years in the playoffs is pretty good too.

The Houston "Pro Bowl" quarterback is a nice little player, but I don't think he is a better player than Romo. The non-playoff season we saw in Houston this year was the greatest season in Houston Texan history. Last year the same 9-7 record was viewed as nothing but a huge failure in Dallas.

Schaub would struggle living in the big fishbowl that Romo has to live in.

If Schaub played QB in Dallas I don't think that team would have made the playoffs this year. He throws a nice ball but his lack of mobility would not serve him well. Romo made many plays down the field after being flushed out of the pocket with pressure. Schaub would just take the sack and is much easier to get to.

The lack of pass protection in Dallas showed up in the MN game. Even Romo could not escape that onslaught.

Whisky Dog
01-24-2010, 12:53 PM
I can't believe this thread is still here. Romo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Schwab

Iceman101
01-24-2010, 01:04 PM
So the fact that Schaub made the AFC Pro Bowl makes him a better QB than Romo? That proves nothing.

It wouldn't be surprising if TR ends up making the 2010 Pro Bowl as well under the twisted Pro Bowl system now in place. Since houston football fans like stats so much, that would make 3 PB appearances for TR. That's not the point.

Romo had his best year of his four year career after taking a HOF receiver OFF his team. That is impressive to me. Three out of four years in the playoffs is pretty good too.

The Houston "Pro Bowl" quarterback is a nice little player, but I don't think he is a better player than Romo. The non-playoff season we saw in Houston this year was the greatest season in Houston Texan history. Last year the same 9-7 record was viewed as nothing but a huge failure in Dallas.

Schaub would struggle living in the big fishbowl that Romo has to live in.

If Schaub played QB in Dallas I don't think that team would have made the playoffs this year. He throws a nice ball but his lack of mobility would not serve him well. Romo made many plays down the field after being flushed out of the pocket with pressure. Schaub would just take the sack and is much easier to get to.

The lack of pass protection in Dallas showed up in the MN game. Even Romo could not escape that onslaught.

Schaub did all that WITHOUT a running game, and still passed for so many yards and touchdowns. The 9-7 record isn't his fault, it's the running game's, and defense as well. Put Romo in a situation where he has no run support, and he wouldn't flourish. You can't look at the records, but at what worked effectively for each team

LOL texans
01-24-2010, 01:14 PM
:lmao @ texan fan.

As a person who could give a crap about either team, romo is a much better QB than shaub.

djohn2oo8
01-24-2010, 01:47 PM
:lmao @ texan fan.

As a person who could give a crap about either team, romo is a much better QB than shaub.

Which is why Romo was T.O.'s bitch?

LOL texans
01-24-2010, 03:28 PM
Which is why Romo was T.O.'s bitch?

Like shaub is the AFC south's bitch? Kinda like that?

benefactor
10-06-2011, 07:05 AM
Bump.

So two years later where are we at on this? It's still close to a wash IMO. Last year was a bit of a throw away as Romo was hurt and Schaub had absolutely no help on the other side of the ball. Both have already let games get away from them they should have won this year.

to21
10-06-2011, 09:19 AM
Schaub > Romo

lol romocoaster

scott
10-06-2011, 09:24 AM
I put them both in the category of up-and-down, good-but-not-elite, 2nd tier QBs who need to have a great team around them to win a SuperBowl. I have Eli and Big Ben in the same class.

The only elite QBs are Brady, Payton (though if he ever plays again, it's unlikely he'll back to that kind of form), Brees, Rodgers.

Rivers is in the same boat as Romo for being a stat monster who has never been able to win the big games when they count.

Because of Romo's TWO epic meltdowns in the first four games, I think this season has become pivotal for him. If he doesn't lead a deep playoff run, those Jet and Lions games will define his career. If he rebounds with a good playoff run, (not saying he will, just saying he has to), then they'll just be considered bumps on the road to glory (Payton delt with the same criticism until he finally got past the Pats).

Schaub is great stat monster regular season QB so far, because his shit teams have never been in a position to play a big game. I think this season is going to change that, and we'll get to see what Schaub can do in the clutch.

benefactor
10-06-2011, 11:32 AM
I put them both in the category of up-and-down, good-but-not-elite, 2nd tier QBs who need to have a great team around them to win a SuperBowl. I have Eli and Big Ben in the same class.

The only elite QBs are Brady, Payton (though if he ever plays again, it's unlikely he'll back to that kind of form), Brees, Rodgers.

Rivers is in the same boat as Romo for being a stat monster who has never been able to win the big games when they count.

Because of Romo's TWO epic meltdowns in the first four games, I think this season has become pivotal for him. If he doesn't lead a deep playoff run, those Jet and Lions games will define his career. If he rebounds with a good playoff run, (not saying he will, just saying he has to), then they'll just be considered bumps on the road to glory (Payton delt with the same criticism until he finally got past the Pats).

Schaub is great stat monster regular season QB so far, because his shit teams have never been in a position to play a big game. I think this season is going to change that, and we'll get to see what Schaub can do in the clutch.
Good post. Pretty well sums up my thoughts on it. If the team can stay healthy Schaub has no excuse to fail. The defense is coming around and as we saw against Pittsburgh Arian Foster is still Arian Foster. With the Colts out of the way they should have no problem winning the division. He will get his chance to tip the scale his way in the debate. We'll see if he capitalizes.

scott
10-06-2011, 11:37 AM
I like the Texans (though I'm a Cows fan first), but Wade as DC worries me big time. I like the front 7 talent of the Texans a lot, but I would be very concerned with Wade calling plays. What we saw in Dallas is that the game had kind of passed him by a little bit. But, maybe without the responsibilities of being HC he will be better as a DC.

ducks
10-06-2011, 08:28 PM
scott wins in december can not win in playoffs
romo can not win in dec

scott
10-09-2011, 04:29 PM
scott wins in december can not win in playoffs
romo can not win in dec

I have no clue WTF you just said.

scott
10-09-2011, 04:29 PM
Schaub with his first choke job today. But it's the beginning of October, he'll rebound.

benefactor
10-09-2011, 04:51 PM
I have no clue WTF you just said.
This is the typical response to a ducks post.

Schaub with his first choke job today. But it's the beginning of October, he'll rebound.
I don't know. He's got a lot of proving to do to convince me.

At the end of the day I think it's going to have to be a situation where Schaub is not depended on to win games. The defense is going to have to get good enough to allow him to do what he did against Pittsburgh. Be efficient...take what's given and capitalize on the other team's mistakes.

scott
10-09-2011, 08:02 PM
It only feels like he's the worst QB in history because you're a Texans fan. Game winning drives like that are not always high %, and I the defense is going to prevail sometimes. A stats-based website had a breakdown of QB win %s in games where their team was tied or trailing by less than 7 points in the 4th Q.

Aaron Rodgers, who most (including me) consider elite only had a .283 win %. Rivers was around .350 and Romo, believe it or not, was a .375.

Don't be too hard on Schaub.

Of course, maybe I'm just saying this because I'm an engrained Romo Sympathizer so Matt today pales in comparison :lol