PDA

View Full Version : MLB Channel

T Park
01-03-2009, 01:15 AM
For those of you that have DirecTV its on channel 213

pretty damn good stuff. The HD channel is VERY sweet.

Dr. Gonzo
01-03-2009, 01:20 AM
I want this channel but God knows Time Warner probably won't carry it.

chode_regulator
01-03-2009, 01:33 AM
I just saw this earlier for the first time. Well, saw it as i was channel surfing. I was like waht the fuck? Have i never really noticed this? Then just assumed it has to be new. But i had heard nothing about it coming up or anything

K-State Spur
01-03-2009, 01:35 AM
When the NFL network is struggling to stay afloat, something tells me the MLB channel may not be the best idea...

The one advantage that it has is that - once the season starts - it can carry live (and relevant) programming everyday.

T Park
01-03-2009, 02:24 AM
If the NFL is struggling to stay afloat, thats due to bad management.

I believe the NBA TV channel does well.

MLB TV should do just fine.

Hell even NHL's channel does well from what I've heard.

The thing MLB has, the absolute gigantic library of legendary games to fall back on, I mean, how many hundreds of legendary baseball games are there?

Who the hell wouldn't want to see them in their entirety like MLB Network could show?

Hell I'm watching it right now and pitchers and catchers don't report for over a month and a half :lol

T Park
01-03-2009, 02:42 AM
Ok the first night I watch MLB TV, they have to replay the 2004 World Series.

WTF :lol

T Park
01-03-2009, 03:12 AM
God that still sucks to watch that.

How the hell LaRussa do you not BUNT MORE ON SCHILLING!?!?!

Ugh.

Oh well, 06 made up for it :lol

K-State Spur
01-03-2009, 10:51 AM
If the NFL is struggling to stay afloat, thats due to bad management.

Why is that? They only have a few days of live programming available - and there's a public backlash when they take take games off of network television to carry themselves.

NFLfilms makes for nice little hour long programs on ESPN during the noon hour, but very few are going to spend their evenings watching the 60s best bloopers.

Despite what it may seem like sometimes, even for most die hards, they're football'ed out after the weekend/monday night.

sribb43
01-03-2009, 01:37 PM
this channel is greatness, especially in glorious HD. Once the season draws near and spring training is upon us, this channel will really take off with the programming. Is nice to see Harold Reynolds back on TV. He got screwed by ESPN. I dont know what to do with myself now that i have MLBTV-HD and NBATV-HD...I have no life now

Reck
01-03-2009, 06:20 PM
I'm getting MLB channel duplicated and niether are HD. Just standard crap.

I wonder what's up with that?

I'll just wait a few more days to see if they'll make one HD.

cherylsteele
01-04-2009, 01:47 AM
It is on channel 255.

chode_regulator
01-04-2009, 12:33 PM
Why is that? They only have a few days of live programming available - and there's a public backlash when they take take games off of network television to carry themselves.

NFLfilms makes for nice little hour long programs on ESPN during the noon hour, but very few are going to spend their evenings watching the 60s best bloopers.

Despite what it may seem like sometimes, even for most die hards, they're football'ed out after the weekend/monday night.

yeah alot of times there are those little hr long shows on, but something else better is on so i don't watch it. and def agree with you about people complaining when they take games from network. espcially for people that dont have that channel. plus who the hell wants to listen to collinsworth blab more than you have to. i hate taht guy.

I'm getting MLB channel duplicated and niether are HD. Just standard crap.

I wonder what's up with that?

I'll just wait a few more days to see if they'll make one HD.

i have directv and its hd since it came on a few days ago. might want to call and inquire about that.

Logan
01-05-2009, 12:46 AM
I love baseball..great channel!!

Logan
01-05-2009, 12:49 AM
By the way Shadowflames..

Great avartar!!

ATRAIN
01-05-2009, 09:56 AM
Kick ass but I dont have it on HD yet :(. Will they show special "mlb" games on there the way NFL network does? Good to see out of market games that either TBS or WGN FSN and ESPN of course wont show.

leemajors
01-05-2009, 11:04 AM

it's on TW Austin, but in SD :/

Spurminator
01-05-2009, 02:44 PM
I hope MLB-TV will institute a "Fan Pick" Game of the Week so we'll get to see ANOTHER Red Sox or Yankees game every week.

degenerate_gambler
01-05-2009, 02:55 PM
I found the channel on TW by accident the week of Christmas I think. They were showing Don Larsen's 1956 WS perfect game. The broadcast was raw and primitive obviously by today's standards, but it was awesome to step back in time like that and watch a historic game from the first pitch to the last strike out.

slayermin
01-31-2009, 03:56 AM
I want to see some classic games of the 1980 Philadelphia Phillies.

Lefty and Schmidty, baby!

djohn14
02-06-2009, 11:53 PM
I got the dish on the way! Im pumped. It comes 2 days before the Braves first Spring Training Game. It also comes with SportsSouth, which carries them as well.