PDA

View Full Version : Jason Terry and Ice

kace
01-03-2009, 06:08 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-090103-04

Q: You're off to the best start of your career and I heard recently that you worked out over the summer with George Gervin. How did that come about?

Jason Terry: He started training me in 2002 and then I went back to him this summer. We played golf and trained three times a day. The thing about it is, once you've been in the league for 10 years, you know how to shoot. But just being with a guy that's a Hall of Famer and him just building you up mentally, I think that does more than all the shooting.

Q: I didn't even know that The Iceman tutors players in the offseason. What do you work on with him?

A: He really doesn't. I think he's trained one other guy and that was Stephon Marbury and he had his best scoring year that year Ice trained him. He doesn't really do it, so it's an honor. I give him a lot of credit for my success.

On the court, I think we made 500 jumpers a day, but it's all midrange. No 3-pointers. He shows me how to get where I want to get on the court and be able to rise up and shoot and square my shoulders. He has this thing called "one piece." That's the [method] that he used. So every time I shoot, every time he grabs the rebound, he's over there screaming, "One piece, one piece."

Q: How did you pull off working out all summer with a Spurs legend? I've got to be honest: You're not exactly the most popular guy in San Antonio.

A: Not at all, not at all. But my uncle's from Detroit, where Ice is from. His high school coach -- Coach Meriweather -- he told me, "Ice would love to work with you and all you've got to do is call him." I called him back when I was in Atlanta and he told me: "Young fella, I'm a big fan of your game, I've been watching you. Come down and let's spend some time together."

Q: So these workouts are actually in San Antonio? I'm guessing you get a few dirty looks walking through the airport.

A: Oh, yeah. The facility that we work out at -- Concord Athletic Club -- it's all Spurs fans. As soon as I walk in the door, they're like, "What the heck you doin' up in here?" But I love it. No doubt [Gervin] is the best as far as getting to the spot, pulling up and squaring your shoulders. He's the best."

Q: It's definitely working for you. You're leading the Sixth Man Award race and we're starting to hear people throw your name out for the All-Star team. But one last question: Why didn't you have him teach you how to finger-roll?

A: He told me it's like trying to teach me how to be 6-6. Never gonna happen.

TDMVPDPOY
01-03-2009, 06:15 AM
"What the heck you doin' up in here?" But I love it.

LMAO spursfans

timvp
01-03-2009, 06:29 AM
Good thing I don't go to Concord anymore or else I may have vomited if I saw George Gervin tutoring Jason Terry. :td

That said, gotta give Gervin a free pass. He could go tutor Kobe Bryant on specifically how to use a finger-roll to score on Duncan every time and he'd still be good graces in my book.

Austin_Toros
01-03-2009, 06:33 AM
Jet is a fag

all true spurs fans know it

mrspurs
01-03-2009, 07:08 AM
Im a true spurs fan, and I have no clue what Terrys sexual preference is. And this must explain why I aint seen the Iceman so much this year. Ill always be an Iceman fan, he is why I started watching the Spurs. The Iceman and his finger roll put San Antonio on the map, not all our rings. But Im gonna call him what my youngest son calls me when I make fun of Finley and Fab. A back stabber...........with a pass.

SenorSpur
01-03-2009, 08:37 AM
In between feeling like I'm about to throw up in my mouth, I have mixed emotions reading this. Kind of like watching your ex-girlfriend or ex-wife take up with your worst enemy. Ice is and will always be my main man. I guess I'll give him a pass on this one, too. After all, that fake-ass Turtle can't beat the Spurs by himself - not without rendering some of his typical cheap-shot artistry.

boutons_
01-03-2009, 09:05 AM
That ball-punching Terry can really fill it up makes this worse. Come on, George, there's plenty of money around elsewhere.

Spurs Brazil
01-03-2009, 09:21 AM
I hate Terry but Ice is Ice, you can't get mad at him

bigfundamental21
01-03-2009, 09:31 AM
While it is strange to see Ice tutor one of the players Spurs fans hate the most, you can't be mad at Ice. He's just an ex player trying to make a difference for a current player out of respect for the game.

SenorSpur
01-03-2009, 09:45 AM
Even though I hate that lil' turtle-headed bastard Terry, I do know that he has a deep appreciation for ol school players. Thus his high socks. He's still a lil' punk-ass bitch.

Fattmac78
01-03-2009, 10:52 AM
Fuck that bum!!!!!

mikeanthony21
01-03-2009, 11:09 AM
Even though I hate that lil' turtle-headed bastard Terry, I do know that he has a deep appreciation for ol school players. Thus his high socks. He's still a lil' punk-ass bitch.

He looks like Slick Watts.

Rohirrim
01-03-2009, 11:17 AM
It's the Ice Man baby. He's into that stuff. Rehabilitating juveniles. Good for him.

jag
01-03-2009, 11:44 AM
Kind of like watching your ex-girlfriend or ex-wife take up with your worst enemy.

The only thing that will make this worse is if the Spurs play the Mavs in the playoffs and Terry goes off. I'm sure he'd give a lot of credit to Ice.

ORION
01-03-2009, 12:43 PM
Gervin used to train Benoit Benjamin a few years back. Now that was an odd sight.

dirk4mvp
01-03-2009, 12:49 PM
A: Oh, yeah. The facility that we work out at -- Concord Athletic Club -- it's all Spurs fans. As soon as I walk in the door, they're like, "What the heck you doin' up in here?" But I love it. No doubt [Gervin] is the best as far as getting to the spot, pulling up and squaring your shoulders. He's the best."

LMAO I wish I could've seen the look on those fat, overweight spurfans trying to play basketball when a Maverick walked in.

JET's the man. He's way better than anyone on this board gives him credit for.

Ditty
01-03-2009, 04:24 PM
whats next is gervin going to be a coach for the mavs?

or is ginobili going to teach rudy fernandez all of his moves?

TRADER ha

SpursDynasty
01-03-2009, 06:05 PM
I don't really see any skill/talent in Jason Terry. Anyone can make jump shots. He had one good series against the Spurs and then he shoots well against us, but he's pretty mediocre outside the 2006 Spurs series....Jason Terry's an idiot.

timvp
01-03-2009, 06:06 PM
I don't really see any skill/talent in Jason Terry. Anyone can make jump shots. He had one good series against the Spurs and then he shoots well against us, but he's pretty mediocre outside the 2006 Spurs series....Jason Terry's an idiot.
Is this a personal remark or is there nothing personal?

T Park
01-03-2009, 06:11 PM
LMAO I wish I could've seen the look on those fat, overweight spurfans trying to play basketball when a Maverick walked in.

JET's the man. He's way better than anyone on this board gives him credit for.

Probobly just chuckled thinking that he had to get trained by a Spur to play better.

How come he didn't seek out Rolando Blackman's help?

SenorSpur
01-03-2009, 06:44 PM
Besides, isn't he the one who claimed that he "hates everything about the Spurs"? What a hypocrite.

Biggems
01-03-2009, 06:47 PM
I guess some of us have literacy issues. Gervin began mentoring Terry when he was with Atlanta. They established a teacher/student relationship back then. So now here they are having a working relationship, and Terry ends up in Dallas. Gervin isn't just gonna give Terry the cold shoulder now that he is a Mav.

T Park
01-03-2009, 06:51 PM
Besides, isn't he the one who claimed that he "hates everything about the Spurs"? What a hypocrite.

He hates winning?

Answers alot of questions....

endrity
01-03-2009, 09:04 PM

Are you telling me you can shoot like he can? Then why aren't you in the NBA?

dirk4mvp
01-04-2009, 03:12 PM
Probobly just chuckled thinking that he had to get trained by a Spur to play better.

How come he didn't seek out Rolando Blackman's help?

This thread isn't about that. It's about spurfan having their panties in a wad over a nice guy like JET wanting to work on his game.

Were you one of the fatasses with the sour look on his face when they walked in?

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/jetvshornets.jpg

J.T.
01-04-2009, 03:39 PM
Is it a bad thing I thought this thread was going to be about a Jason Terry meth addiction?

LEONARD
01-05-2009, 09:41 AM

Your bit is tired...

phyzik
01-05-2009, 11:57 AM
I guess some of us have literacy issues. Gervin began mentoring Terry when he was with Atlanta. They established a teacher/student relationship back then. So now here they are having a working relationship, and Terry ends up in Dallas. Gervin isn't just gonna give Terry the cold shoulder now that he is a Mav.

This.

People are overreacting over this way to much. And whatever Mav fan said about Terry being a nice guy, sure he is, I know TONS of nice people that punch me in the balls. :rolleyes

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-05-2009, 12:31 PM
Were you one of the fatasses with the sour look on his face when they walked in?

I like how the fat Mavs' fan is calling Spurs' fans fat. It's cute.

Findog
01-05-2009, 12:38 PM
Even though I hate that lil' turtle-headed bastard Terry, I do know that he has a deep appreciation for ol school players. Thus his high socks.

And the headband is a tribute to Slick Watts. You'd love Terry if he played for the Spurs. He's a love him if you got him, hate him if you don't kind of player.

Findog
01-05-2009, 12:42 PM
This.

People are overreacting over this way to much. And whatever Mav fan said about Terry being a nice guy, sure he is, I know TONS of nice people that punch me in the balls. :rolleyes

Anything you would say to defend Bowen (good guy off the court, douchebag on it) applies to JET.

LEONARD
01-05-2009, 12:52 PM
Ice knows greatness when he sees it...

SenorSpur
01-05-2009, 01:04 PM
And the headband is a tribute to Slick Watts. You'd love Terry if he played for the Spurs. He's a love him if you got him, hate him if you don't kind of player.

Nah, don't think so. I've never liked him even when he was with Arizona. I thought he was a punk-ass then, and still believe he's a punk-ass now. He's an offensive-minded player,, who isn't concerned with playing any defense whatsoever. Furthermore, I can't stand his grandstanding, attention-getting antics. Also, it seems preoccupied with pandering to the crowd and promoting himself and his nickname. He's a loser.

Findog
01-05-2009, 01:17 PM
Nah, don't think so. I've never liked him even when he was with Arizona. I thought he was a punk-ass then, and still believe he's a punk-ass now. He's an offensive-minded player,, who isn't concerned with playing any defense whatsoever. Furthermore, I can't stand his grandstanding, attention-getting antics. Also, it seems preoccupied with pandering to the crowd and promoting himself and his nickname. He's a loser.

You couldn't be more wrong. A loser is somebody that gets a contract and then coasts (Josh Howard). A winner is somebody that puts his ego aside and agrees to come off the bench because that's what his team asks of him (JET). A winner doesn't care about his touches or his stats (JET). JET is a winner.

I'm enough of a non-homer to admit that Bowen's tactics would please me in a Dallas uniform but bother me in a Spurs. Nice to see that Terry is able to activate the manic part of Spur fan's psychological profile.

Kermit
01-05-2009, 01:21 PM
Hatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehate.

SenorSpur
01-05-2009, 01:22 PM
You couldn't be more wrong. A loser is somebody that gets a contract and then coasts (Josh Howard). A winner is somebody that puts his ego aside and agrees to come off the bench because that's what his team asks of him (JET). A winner doesn't care about his touches or his stats (JET). JET is a winner.

I'm enough of a non-homer to admit that Bowen's tactics would please me in a Dallas uniform but bother me in a Spurs. Nice to see that Terry is able to activate the manic part of Spur fan's psychological profile.

When he finally wins something at the NBA level - let me know.

Findog
01-05-2009, 01:26 PM
When he finally wins something at the NBA level - let me know.

Key contributor on a perennial 50+ win team for four years running. You don't need a ring to be a winner. What you're doing is douche hating.

ClingingMars
01-05-2009, 01:27 PM

LOL @ Mavs fan jealously of Bowen

-Mars

Findog
01-05-2009, 01:28 PM
LOL @ Mavs fan jealously of Bowen

-Mars

You're so fucking stupid. What are you, 19?

- Douche Sig

hater
01-05-2009, 01:29 PM
You don't need a ring to be a winner.

:lmao

did they teach you that at a mavfan support group?

ClingingMars
01-05-2009, 01:29 PM
You're so fucking stupid. What are you, 19?

- Douche Sig

lmao, is that the best you can come up with? :sleep

-Mars

Findog
01-05-2009, 01:30 PM

did they teach you that at a mavfan support group?

How obtuse can you get?

Findog
01-05-2009, 01:32 PM
lmao, is that the best you can come up with? :sleep

-Mars

Truth be told, I don't usually bother replying to your posts because you never post anything of substance. I don't like teenagers or interacting with them, and you're a teenager. You have yet to say anything of value in this or any other thread. You can't even come up with an entertaining troll concept. You bring nothing to the table.

hater
01-05-2009, 01:36 PM
Truth be told, I don't usually bother replying to your posts because you never post anything of substance. I don't like teenagers or interacting with them, and you're a teenager. You have yet to say anything of value in this or any other thread. You can't even come up with an entertaining troll concept. You bring nothing to the table.

this coming from:

4 rings BIATCH!!!

we like you Findog, but theres nothing you can say to change our minds about that bitch ass punk Terry

mavs>spurs2
01-05-2009, 01:39 PM
Spur fans smack talk is retardedly weak now days. The only people still talking shit are the fucking retards

dirk4mvp
01-05-2009, 01:40 PM
I like how the fat Mavs' fan is calling Spurs' fans fat. It's cute.

Nope, sorry. It's proven that the Spurs have the fattest fans in the league. How many tacos have you eaten today?

Findog
01-05-2009, 01:40 PM
we like you Findog, but theres nothing you can say to change our minds about that bitch ass punk Terry

My mistake, I forgot this was a Clown on Jason Terry at the expense of sounding stupid thread. Grant Hill is a winner but he doesn't have a ring. Brandon Roy is a winner but is currently ringless. A winner is any high-character, team-oriented guy. Michael Finley has always been a winner, he's only had a ring since 2007. So is JET. I absolutely understand why Spurs fans hate him and probably would too if I were a San Antonio backer. I wouldn't begrudge a Spur fan their JET hate, but it's just plain stupid to call him a loser.

dirk4mvp
01-05-2009, 01:41 PM
Spur fans smack talk is retardedly weak now days. The only people still talking shit are the fucking retards

It's pretty ironic they call someone dirty when they have a guy on their team who makes a valiant effort to kick someone in the face while they're standing upright.

ehz33satx
01-05-2009, 01:42 PM
Key contributor on a perennial 50+ win team for four years running. You don't need a ring to be a winner. What you're doing is douche hating.

There is a big difference in actually winning an NBA champion or being a runner up. Jason Terry and the Dallas Mavericks will always be runner ups.

Findog
01-05-2009, 01:43 PM
It's pretty ironic they call someone dirty when they have a guy on their team who makes a valiant effort to kick someone in the face while they're standing upright.

We at least have the self-awareness to realize that Bowen is a hate him on the opposing team, love him on yours kind of player. They can't even acknowledge JET is a good player, good person off the court and that they would appreciate him if he played for the Spurs.

dirk4mvp
01-05-2009, 01:43 PM
George Gervin was not a winner.

Findog
01-05-2009, 01:44 PM
There is a big difference in actually winning an NBA champion or being a runner up.

FOUR RINGS, FAGGOT!!!!!

Jason Terry and the Dallas Mavericks will always be runner ups.

Maybe so, but that doesn't make him a loser. Stephon Marbury is a loser. Tim Thomas is a loser. JET is a winner.

Findog
01-05-2009, 01:44 PM
George Gervin was not a winner.

He was a degenerate cokehead too. Ice was a total loser.

dirk4mvp
01-05-2009, 01:46 PM
We at least have the self-awareness to realize that Bowen is a hate him on the opposing team, love him on yours kind of player. They can't even acknowledge JET is a good player, good person off the court and that they would appreciate him if he played for the Spurs.

Spurfans have a very weird, twisted sense of self entitlement. If Tim Duncan is not included in an mvp discussion, they are pissed and it's a fraud. If Bruce Bowen isn't considered a hardnosed player on the court, one of the classiest guys ever off the court, they are pissed. It's strange really.

Findog
01-05-2009, 01:48 PM
Spurfans have a very weird, twisted sense of self entitlement. If Tim Duncan is not included in an mvp discussion, they are pissed and it's a fraud. If Bruce Bowen isn't considered a hardnosed player on the court, one of the classiest guys ever off the court, they are pissed. It's strange really.

And if you're discussing the top guards in the league and somehow make the unforgiveable mistake of failing to mention Tony Parker, they're pissed at the omission.

dirk4mvp
01-05-2009, 01:50 PM
Dirty

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/v3/05-19-2006.ns_19jet3.G781SU564.1.jpg

Classy guy just making a hard nosed play

http://nbcsportsmedia1.msnbc.com/j/apmegasports/saa11005090255.widec.jpg

Findog
By the criteria in this thread, David Robinson was a loser until 1999.

dirk4mvp
And if you're discussing the top guards in the league and somehow make the unforgiveable mistake of failing to mention Tony Parker, they're pissed at the omission.

:lol totally forgot about the Parker discussion.

Findog
01-05-2009, 01:51 PM
Also going by the criteria established in this thread, Big Baby Davis is a winner.

dirk4mvp
01-05-2009, 01:52 PM
Also going by the criteria established in this thread, Big Baby Davis is a winner.

Antoine Walker, pure winner.

ehz33satx
01-05-2009, 01:53 PM
FOUR RINGS, FAGGOT!!!!!

Four rings indeed, but I could have been talking about any NBA team that has had the skill, tenacity, AND luck to win an NBA championship, much less four in a decade. It's a long hard road. You try playing deep into the playoffs like the Spurs always seem to do, playing 30+ games more a season than teams who aren't as skilled.

Maybe so, but that doesn't make him a loser. Stephon Marbury is a loser. Tim Thomas is a loser. JET is a winner.

What about you man? Somedays you have the Mavericks as your team, other days its the OKC Thunder. You aren't even loyal to your team. At least your consistent in picking losers to root for.

dirk4mvp
01-05-2009, 01:56 PM
What about you man? Somedays you have the Mavericks as your team, other days its the OKC Thunder. You aren't even loyal to your team. At least your consistent in picking losers to root for.

Findog
01-05-2009, 01:57 PM

You must have me confused with somebody else. I would never list the Seattle SloppySeconds as my team.

Findog
01-05-2009, 01:57 PM

It was a pithy rebuttal.

T Park
01-05-2009, 02:01 PM
This thread isn't about that. It's about spurfan having their panties in a wad over a nice guy like JET wanting to work on his game.

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/jetvshornets.jpg

nope.

and jason terry is not a nice guy

Findog
01-05-2009, 02:01 PM
Antoine Walker, pure winner.

Michael Doleac and Jason Kapono, winners the both of them.

Findog
01-05-2009, 02:02 PM
nope.

"buh buh buh buh buh but Bruce is the classiest guy off the court. The Bruce Bowen Foundation has made a difference in the lives of thousands of at-risk youths..."

ehz33satx
01-05-2009, 02:03 PM
You must have me confused with somebody else. I would never list the Seattle SloppySeconds as my team.

I have also seen monosylab1k as a former Mavs fan that now roots for OKC. Things must be pretty bad to jump from the Mavs to the Thunder.

dirk4mvp
01-05-2009, 02:04 PM
nope.

Says who? The kids he holds a youth basketball camp for? Or just some fatass who roots for a rival of the Mavericks?

T Park
01-05-2009, 02:04 PM
"buh buh buh buh buh but Bruce is the classiest guy off the court. The Bruce Bowen Foundation has made a difference in the lives of thousands of at-risk youths..."

ive yet to see bruce bowen punch someone.

next.

Findog
01-05-2009, 02:05 PM
I have also seen monosylab1k as a former Mavs fan that now roots for OKC. Things must be pretty bad to jump from the Mavs to the Thunder.

You'd have to ask him; I'm proud to be a Mavs fan.

Insert witty retort about empty trophy case, choking, something I've never heard before...

T Park
01-05-2009, 02:05 PM
Says who? The kids he holds a youth basketball camp for? Or just some fatass who roots for a rival of the Mavericks?

god get a new fucking schtick.

Findog
01-05-2009, 02:06 PM

next.

Why use your hands, when you can kick people when their backs are turned to you?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MLgHeeOZJFI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MLgHeeOZJFI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

next.

T Park
01-05-2009, 02:07 PM
:lol

Justify punching someone all you want.

dirk4mvp
01-05-2009, 02:08 PM

next.

what the fuck? Did you just start watching the spurs or something?

Can you explain how Bowen's foot got all the way up there?

XhTjSrZi91Y

Findog
god get a new fucking schtick.

Hey man, you might want to check out Popeye's, they have a new bowl to rival the KFC bowl:

http://videogum.com/archives/commercials/popeyes-to-kfc-theres-a-new_034411.html

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/206/509251379_a30af4e7a0_o.jpg

dirk4mvp

Is Bruce Bowen dirty?

Findog
01-05-2009, 02:09 PM

Where did I justify JET's punch? He got a 1-game suspension and deserved it. Good thing for your team as well, or otherwise you would've lost in 6 games.

Yet you guys can't admit Bowen is a dirty player. I'd take Bowen on my team, but I can call a spade a spade. :lmao at you guys defending Bowen's dirtiness.

SenorSpur
01-05-2009, 02:17 PM
He was a degenerate cokehead too. Ice was a total loser.

I find it pretty ironic you and your Mavs comrad have called out Gervin in this way. After all, it was your precious little Mavs who gave millions of dollars in a new contract to one of the biggest drugheads the NBA has ever seen - Mr. three-strikes-and-you're-out Roy Tarpley.

A player that proved his unreliability by single-handedly taking your franchise to lottery depths, the likes you've never seen. Yet through it all, your owner, Don Carter - a very good man by the way, kept giving him chance after chance, thinking he would change. There's your loser for ya. Your franchise and your owner deserved better.

If you live in a glass house, you shouldn't throw stones.

Findog
01-05-2009, 02:20 PM
I find it pretty ironic you and your Mavs comrad have called out Gervin in this way. After all, it was your precious little Mavs who gave millions of dollars in a new contract to one of the biggest drugheads the NBA has ever seen - Mr. three-strikes-and-you're-out Roy Tarpley.

A player that proved his unreliability by single-handedly taking your franchise to lottery depths, the likes you've never seen. Yet through it all, your owner, Don Carter - a very good man by the way, kept giving him chance after chance, thinking he would change. There's your loser for ya. Your franchise and your owner deserved better.

If you live in a glass house, you shouldn't throw stones.

You don't really get the point I was trying to make, do you?

50 cent
01-05-2009, 02:27 PM
Jason Terry is a little nut punching scumbag, but he really is a good player. I watch a lot of Mavs games being stuck up here in Dallas and I think he is probably the best player on the Mavericks and has been this year.

Findog
01-05-2009, 02:28 PM
Jason Terry is a little nut punching scumbag, but he really is a good player. I watch a lot of Mavs games being stuck up here in Dallas and I think he is probably the best player on the Mavericks and has been this year.

No, Dirk is. JET is benefiting from defenses focusing on Dirk and Kidd being able to get JET the ball where he wants it.

Findog
01-05-2009, 02:35 PM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1056/542315972_5a124e05b0_b.jpg

50 cent
01-05-2009, 03:04 PM
No, Dirk is. JET is benefiting from defenses focusing on Dirk and Kidd being able to get JET the ball where he wants it.

Bullshit. I've watched the games. Terry has single handedly brought them back from the depths of hell in some games and been on fire.

He has been more important to the Mavs than Dirk who continues to just ho-hum along waiting for his next inevitable playoff choke job.

hater
01-05-2009, 03:17 PM
LMAO at mavfans comparing Bruce Bowen to the punkass Terry

Terry acts like a bitch on and off the court. He likes to punch player's nuts, make gay signs to the crowd and talks shit on and off the court. He talked shit about the spurs off the court on multiple occasions. Not to mention how many times he cried to the media about the Spurs.

are mavfans that stupid not to realize why Spur fans hate that fool?

yes Bruce Bowen is a bit dirty on the court but off the court he is a class act. He also does not instigate like terry, he just plays hard nose defense. When was the last time Bruce made a bad comment about the Mavs organization?? When Spurs got beat by mavs in 2006, he gave them their props. Terry on the other hand, never ever has given Spurs their props.

Not to mention Bowen is a true contributor to a championship team, he is clutch when it counts. Terry like a true mav, is a choker.

in other words, do not compare Mr. Bruce Bowen to that clown

Findog
01-05-2009, 03:20 PM
[QUOTE=50 cent;3005104]Bullshit. I've watched the games. Terry has single handedly brought them back from the depths of hell in some games and been on fire.

He has been more important to the Mavs than Dirk who continues to just ho-hum along waiting for his next inevitable playoff choke job.

Well, there goes any chance of reasoned discourse. JET is a very good player deserving of All Star consideration this year, but he has benefited the most of the Dirk-Kidd marriage.

Sorry, but you're an idiot. After a slow start to the season with the team going 2-7, Dirk has turned it on as we're now 18-6 in our last 24. I can't believe you're trying to argue JET is our MVP this year over Dirk:

http://cbs11tv.com/sports/Dirk.Nowitzki.Honor.2.882551.html

Dirk: 26 points, 9 rebounds, 3 assists and 1 block per game on 48% shooting.
JET: 21 points, 3 rebounds, 4 assists and 1 steal per game on 47% shooting.

Poor try on your part.

SenorSpur
01-05-2009, 03:20 PM
LMAO at mavfans comparing Bruce Bowen to the punkass Terry

Terry acts like a bitch on and off the court. He likes to punch player's nuts, make gay signs to the crowd and talks shit on and off the court. He talked shit about the spurs off the court on multiple occasions. Not to mention how many times he cried to the media about the Spurs.

yes Bruce Bowen is a bit dirty on the court but off the court he is a class act. He also does not instigate like terry, he just plays hard nose defense. When was the last time Bruce made a bad comment about the Mavs organization?? When Spurs got beat by mavs in 2006, he gave them their props. Terry on the other hand, never ever has given Spurs their props.

Not to mention Bowen is a true contributor to a championship team, he is clutch when it counts. Terry like a true mav, is a choker.

nuff said! :tu

dirk4mvp
01-05-2009, 03:22 PM

dirk4mvp
01-05-2009, 03:23 PM
Jason Terry is a better basketball player than Bruce Bowen.

Findog
01-05-2009, 03:24 PM
Terry acts like a bitch on and off the court.

You don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3004857&postcount=47

"I absolutely understand why Spurs fans hate him and probably would too if I were a San Antonio backer."

yes Bruce Bowen is a bit dirty on the court but off the court he is a class act. He also does not instigate like terry, he just plays hard nose defense.

Terry on the other hand, never ever has given Spurs their props

Is your life so incomplete that it's missing JET sucking off your team?

Exactly, which is why the Heat and Celtics won all those titles with him :rolleyes:

hater
01-05-2009, 03:27 PM
You don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3004857&postcount=47

"I absolutely understand why Spurs fans hate him and probably would too if I were a San Antonio backer."

Is your life so incomplete that it's missing JET sucking off your team?

Exactly, which is why the Heat and Celtics won all those titles with him :rolleyes:

you're an idiot. he doesn't have to suck off the Spurs. he could at least not be a sore bitch loser.

He dissapeared like a little bitch when Warriors fisted the Mavs 2 years ago, also last playoffs and beleive me he will do it again next playoffs.

Findog
01-05-2009, 03:27 PM
Jason Terry is a better basketball player than Bruce Bowen.

Yes, let's not compare Terry to Bowen. He's not nearly as dirty. Terry once threw a punch at Finley in a moment of anger in the playoffs. He got and deserved a 1-game suspension. And apparently waving his arms after making a shot makes him a douchebag.

But to clear things up, JET has never kicked a player in the back or slid his feet under another player as they're up in the air. He might punch you in the nuts, but he doesn't cross the sacred line of trying to end an opposing player's livelihood.

dirk4mvp
01-05-2009, 03:30 PM
you're an idiot. he doesn't have to suck off the Spurs. he could at least not be a sore bitch loser.

He dissapeared like a little bitch when Warriors fisted the Mavs 2 years ago, also last playoffs and beleive me he will do it again next playoffs.

Why should we believe you? He's the sole reason the Mavs beat the Rockets in the 1st round a few years ago. He's also one of the main reasons the Mavs sent the Spurs packing a few years ago.

Findog
01-05-2009, 03:30 PM

I seem to recall him helping to send your team fishing. It's funny how Spurs fans like to piggyback Heat and Warrior fans calling Dirk and JET soft chokers. What the fuck would you know about that? The Mavs are super clutch when they see silver and black.

hater
01-05-2009, 03:32 PM
he talked shit about the spurs when we beat them a few years ago. here it is to refresh your short term memory homer:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96097

Findog
01-05-2009, 03:33 PM
he talked shit about the spurs when we beat them a few years ago. here it is to refresh your short term memory homer:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96097

He says that you don't want to play against Bruce because a fight's going to occur and that he's cheap. Tim's a chippy player. Robert Horry is one of the dirtiest players and is also cheap. He also said that Manu's cheap with his flopping and acting like a foul has not occured.

Truth is a defense to libel.

hater
01-05-2009, 03:35 PM
he called the spurs cheap after Spurs spanked that ass.

AGAIN, mavfans show me one quote where Bruce talks shit about the Mavs organization

Findog
01-05-2009, 03:36 PM
he called the spurs cheap after Spurs spanked that ass.

AGAIN, mavfans show me one quote where Bruce talks shit about the Mavs organization

I'd rather have an opposing player talk shit about the Mavs than deliberately injure our players. Sticks and stones and all of that...

dirk4mvp
01-05-2009, 03:37 PM

Has any Mav fan in this thread said anything about that? Why are you grabbing at straws?

hater
01-05-2009, 03:38 PM
I'd rather have an opposing player talk shit about the Mavs than deliberately injure our players. Sticks and stones and all of that...

wow, talk about delusional mavfans

here is a clip of your role model when talking about Terry nut punch, take notes :rolleyes

eyLn5M8c2Gw

hater
01-05-2009, 03:38 PM
Has any Mav fan in this thread said anything about that? Why are you grabbing at straws?

grabbing at straws? grabbing at straws is saying Bowen is deliberately trying to injure the mavs

Findog
01-05-2009, 03:39 PM
wow, talk about delusional mavfans

here is a clip of your role model when talking about Terry nut punch, take notes :rolleyes

eyLn5M8c2Gw

I've seen that clip before, Cuban comes off like a douche. So what?

dirk4mvp
01-05-2009, 03:39 PM
grabbing at straws? grabbing at straws is saying Bowen is deliberately trying to injure the mavs

It doesn't take much common sense to know that if a player raises his leg with his own will to the height of a players face, it's not to say hi.

Findog
01-05-2009, 03:40 PM

Ray Allen, Wally Szczberka;lkjfdaldfjaldkfjad and Duhmare beg to differ

dirk4mvp
01-05-2009, 03:40 PM
I've seen that clip before, Cuban comes off like a douche. So what?

I want to know where he gets the notion to say Mark Cuban is your role model. Why doesn't he post a quote where you say Cuban is your role model?

hater
01-05-2009, 03:41 PM
Ray Allen, Wally Szczberka;lkjfdaldfjaldkfjad and Duhmare beg to differ

so Ray Allen and Wally deserve to get their shit kicked.

Mr. Michael Finley doesn't. He was just going for the ball. see the difference?

dirk4mvp
01-05-2009, 03:42 PM

They did? Can you prove it?

Findog
01-05-2009, 03:44 PM

Duhmare sure deserved risking an ACL tear for daring to make a layup. Also, who the fuck does Wally think he is, shooting a jump shot? Bruce will fix that.

SenorSpur
01-05-2009, 04:10 PM
Yes, let's not compare Terry to Bowen. He's not nearly as dirty. Terry once threw a punch at Finley in a moment of anger in the playoffs. He got and deserved a 1-game suspension. And apparently waving his arms after making a shot makes him a douchebag.

But to clear things up, JET has never kicked a player in the back or slid his feet under another player as they're up in the air. He might punch you in the nuts, but he doesn't cross the sacred line of trying to end an opposing player's livelihood.

You're right. Turtlehead has never done those things. However, to say he's never crossed the line is bullshit. On many occasions, he's taken cheap, unnecessarily flagrant fouls (above the shoulder variety) on players that are helplessly airborne. Then tries to lessen his intentions by trying to help up the fallen player...a la Juwan Howard. It's a dirty tactic that he employs when he loses his composure and it hurts his team.

Findog
01-05-2009, 04:15 PM
You're right. Turtlehead has never done those things. However, to say he's never crossed the line is bullshit. On many occasions, he's taken cheap, unnecessarily flagrant fouls (above the shoulder variety) on players that are helplessly airborne. Then tries to lessen his intentions by trying to help up the fallen player...a la Juwan Howard. It's a dirty tactic that he employs when he loses his composure and it hurts his team.

Well, where are you drawing the line? Has JET ever committed an F2? Off the top of my head, I don't know. Because to me that is crossing the line, not making a play on the ball.