PDA

View Full Version : For real now! Trade Talk

Fattmac78
01-03-2009, 09:53 AM
Do anybody know if the Spurs are really looking to trade for anybody, and if so who? Who are they tring to ship out in the trade. Please dont put trades you would like to see(but I know some will). Only if you've really heard something the Spurs are really going after PLEASE. Also since some say the Spurs system is so hard to learn, do yal really think we would even trade for anybody?

SenorSpur
01-03-2009, 09:57 AM
As has been well-documented, the Spurs don't have many trade assets. We'll probably know and hear more as the Feb trade deadline draws near.

Bartleby
01-03-2009, 09:59 AM
The Spurs organization usually announces which players they are trying to get rid of and who they are trying to trade for on their official website:

http://www.nba.com/spurs/index_main.html

Fattmac78
01-03-2009, 10:04 AM
So dont hope for anything out of this world is what your saying? And can we win with the pieces we've got? I dont want to sound negative but i doubt that we can. What do you guys think?

Bartleby
01-03-2009, 10:08 AM
Trying to figure out if/who the Spurs are going to trade is like guessing who they will pick in the draft.

Fattmac78
01-03-2009, 10:22 AM
Aint that the truth. Is their some good FAs to sign? and if so who would you like to see come(since we no they aint talking about trading for someoone)?

mikeanthony21
01-03-2009, 11:17 AM
So dont hope for anything out of this world is what your saying? And can we win with the pieces we've got? I dont want to sound negative but i doubt that we can. What do you guys think?

The Spurs have no trade value beyond the "Big 3" so if the Spurs are going to win it all this year, they will need everybody playing above their heads... and some small amount of luck along the way.

Dr. Gonzo
01-03-2009, 06:50 PM
Seriously? I thought a package of Bonner/Vaugn and Udoka could get them anyone they wanted.

HarlemHeat37
01-03-2009, 06:52 PM
no moves..I don't see anything happen..

sign a big man from the D-League, sign a bought out veteran, or wait until Mahinmi gets healthy(if he ever does), and hope for the best..

the most important part will be HEALTH..Manu's probably at 80% right now, he doesn't look as good as we are used to..we will absolutely need him to be healthy, which is something we didn't have last year..hopefully no other injuries..

hope that we keep gelling as a team, specifically Hill and Mason..

hope that Bonner can keep his confidence up..

SequSpur
01-03-2009, 07:15 PM
Spurs are looking for a big. I would look at something with Udoka, Bonner, Vaughn and the dancing usher.

AFBlue
01-04-2009, 12:13 AM
Not this year....Spurs don't have anything anyone would want and there's really not anything out there worth having on the market.

At this point the only expiring contract is near-min (Udoka, Vaughn) and everyone else is either contributing enough to justify their salary (Bonner, Mason, Finley Bowen) or wouldn't be desirable until their contract become "expiring" next year (Thomas, Oberto).

Next year the Spurs will have an expiring contract for everyone except Tim and Tony (and maybe Manu). Tim left money on the table to make a big move in 2010, but it's conceivable that the Spurs could try to land a player via trade in 2009 from a team looking to be in the 2010 sweepstakes.

Bottom Line: Expect the Spurs roster to stay the same, though you might see the roles change before playoff time (i.e. Bowen back to starting, Mahinmi in the rotation, etc.)

Ditty
01-04-2009, 12:33 AM
marcus camby!

AFBlue
01-04-2009, 01:15 AM
We need to get someone because this is the worst Spurs defensive team I have seen in 10 years. They are almost unwatchable.

I contribute that to Bowen being taken out of the starting lineup and Bonner being inserted at F/C.

Both moves clearly designed to bring more offensive punch to the starting unit. And it's hard to argue with the results....Bonner shooting with confidence and spacing the floor for Tim, and Finley keeping clear of his usual mid-season shooting slump.

The Spurs still have solid defensive players available off the bench (Bowen, Thomas, Oberto, Udoka) if it's needed at any point.

Bottom Line: As long as Bonner and Finley continue to light up the scoreboard, I think you'll see Bowen and Thomas/Oberto continue to sit the bench until called upon to be the "cooler" for the opposing hot-shooting player.

And if those two start to struggle, the Spurs have the right players on the team to bring defense...they don't need to look elsewhere.

venitian navigator
01-04-2009, 09:28 AM
just seen on hoopshype that s.a. was the onny team to make a real offer to mutombo...but after a yao call he decided to sign back with houston!
Can't blame him for that, but it's just confirmation of what I thought : spurs management undesrstand ther's a problem with bigs, both in defense (no blocking shots and real rebounding, apart Tim) and offense...and they thought, like me, that Deke could have been a solution at least for defense...

I see no more decent options out there...certainly not for a second big role, but also like a key contributor from the bench...

Rogue
01-04-2009, 09:37 AM
I'm sure the spurs are looking for and gonna do trade the guys who are talking about trading Tp and Manu.

our team is the oldest in the league, what we rely on to dominate the league is not our athletism for sure. It's our chemistry that keeps us on the top of the SW or even the west. Trading one of our central guys is gonna affact our teamwork. Even when we have to trade some of these guys, we are gonna make some undertable deal that will let our trading partener waive them then we can re-sign them one month later.(just like we did with the sonics last season).

TDMVPDPOY
01-04-2009, 10:41 AM
i think brenda haywood or blatch is a good fit if we can get them for scrubs