PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker Finish 4th In Italy Euro Player of Year Award

Kill_Bill_Pana
01-03-2009, 01:22 PM
http://www.gazzetta.it/Sport_Vari/Basket/Estero/Primo_Piano/2009/01/01/gasol.shtml

1. Pau Gasol
2. Rudy Fernandez
3. Hedo Turkoglu
4. Tony Parker

This is base on how players play through all year of 2008 and remember this is base on sport clubs and national teams play. Also remember this is NOT the real FIBA award. There is this award and also Mr. Europa which is the unofficial ones but is very famous and much older. This is 3rd most important award for Euro players.

The actual one is the actual award from FIBA.

So anyway Parker finish 4th in player of year award from Italy. He won same award last year.

Lakers_55
01-03-2009, 01:27 PM
So, all the Europeans playing in Europe lose out to Euro players playing in the USA? Strange award the Italians have set up.

JPB
01-03-2009, 01:34 PM
So, all the Europeans playing in Europe lose out to Euro players playing in the USA? Strange award the Italians have set up.

2008 was an olympic year.

Kill_Bill_Pana
01-03-2009, 01:36 PM

No. ALL Euro awards are this way. Euro awards means ALL European players in whole world. It is not like NBA where award is only base on NBA.

Player can play anywhere in world and is eligible for award.

Even FIBA European player award is for all players. There is myth in US that Euro awards is only for players that play in Europe.

Kill_Bill_Pana
01-03-2009, 01:37 PM
2008 was an olympic year.

Have nothing to do with this. Many times NBA players wins these awards.

naico
01-03-2009, 01:38 PM
The women award went to Silver Stars' player Ann Wauters :toast :p:

JPB
01-03-2009, 01:48 PM
Have nothing to do with this. Many times NBA players wins these awards.

Because they also played well in WC, EC or Olympics.

mrspurs
01-03-2009, 01:51 PM

:lol

Kill_Bill_Pana
01-03-2009, 02:14 PM
Because they also played well in WC, EC or Olympics.

Hedo and Parker were not even in the Olympics.

The award is for all players of European descent it is NOT for players that play in Europe. None of the 3 European player of year awards is for players that play in Europe. They are for players in all over world that have European descent.

Austin_Toros
01-03-2009, 05:02 PM
is Rudy Fernandez that good?
i thought he was average at best

Kill_Bill_Pana
01-03-2009, 05:07 PM
is Rudy Fernandez that good?
i thought he was average at best

No he is not that good. Very overrate by most NBA fans even. I doubt he finish second in the actual real FIBA award.

Warlord23
01-03-2009, 05:12 PM
Where are the suck-ass Greeks on that list?

Kill_Bill_Pana
01-03-2009, 07:17 PM
Where are the suck-ass Greeks on that list?

For you to know Greeks have already won such awards.

tlongII
01-03-2009, 07:32 PM
No he is not that good. Very overrate by most NBA fans even. I doubt he finish second in the actual real FIBA award.

So I guess Rudy is overrated by Italians too, huh?

Kill_Bill_Pana
01-03-2009, 09:20 PM
So I guess Rudy is overrated by Italians too, huh?

Yes if they think he is better than player like Tony Parker and even Hedo. Anyway Parker won this award last year so I guess they not consider him good enough to get it 2 times in row.

Brazil
01-03-2009, 09:41 PM
this is an official communication of the useless info departments

mystargtr34
01-03-2009, 09:43 PM
You see this Tshlong

Rudy > Parker.

DANILO DRASKOVIC
01-03-2009, 10:12 PM
my grandfather received a "worlds greatest grandpa" shirt

no one cares

lefty
01-03-2009, 10:14 PM
Rudy is awesome.

Spanish Manu !!!!!

spursfan09
01-03-2009, 11:11 PM
my grandfather received a "worlds greatest grandpa" shirt

no one cares

you don't care, but true spur fans do.

Josepatches_
01-03-2009, 11:34 PM
Yes if they think he is better than player like Tony Parker and even Hedo. Anyway Parker won this award last year so I guess they not consider him good enough to get it 2 times in row.

Rudy is better than Hedo.No doubt.

He's not better than parker right now but he had a better year than Parker.No doubt.

And I don't know why Tp is above Nowitzki.They didn't win anything but Dirk had better stats in the NBA and Germany played the Olympics games while France was not able to qualifying

TDMVPDPOY
01-04-2009, 01:35 AM
is this the flopping awards?

Ice009
01-04-2009, 01:45 AM
Rudy is better than Hedo.No doubt.

He's not better than parker right now but he had a better year than Parker.No doubt.

And I don't know why Tp is above Nowitzki.They didn't win anything but Dirk had better stats in the NBA and Germany played the Olympics games while France was not able to qualifying

A better year than TP. Are you saying a good Olympic run is better than what TP did in the playoffs and all of last season?

Rogue
01-04-2009, 02:18 AM
[/quote=ice009 A better year than TP. Are you saying a good Olympic run is better than what TP did in the playoffs and all of last season? quote/]

exactly. Even the la laza de euro 08 made more sense than 08 olympics which was held in a nation that took that game so seriously. They intended to upgrade their fame by olympics but they failed, because we don't pay any attention at all to them and their nation.

TP is a good player and a good person, his would be a perfect person if he wasn't married to a prostitu**. a big regret for TP.

TDMVPDPOY
01-04-2009, 03:50 AM
TP is a good player and a good person, his would be a perfect person if he wasn't married to a prostitu**. a big regret for TP.

hahahahahahhahaha attention whores or football wifes watever you wanna call them, too much spotlight is on there private life instead of whats on being done on court/field.

temujin
01-04-2009, 05:39 AM
Gasol best Euro player is a big joke.
Nowitski NOT in the first 3 is an even bigger joke.

JPB
01-04-2009, 05:45 AM
Hedo and Parker were not even in the Olympics.
That's why they're only 3 and 4.

Tony is there also because he was just unbelievable this summer during the EC qualifications (even if the others scrubs just wasted the qualification).

Kill_Bill_Pana
01-04-2009, 01:55 PM
Gasol best Euro player is a big joke.
Nowitski NOT in the first 3 is an even bigger joke.

This is third most important award for all Euro players like I say. #2 is Mr. Europa and #1 is FIBA player of year. They have yet to be announce. Beside this year Gasol obvious have better year than Dirk. Dirk was crap in both NBA playoffs and in Olympics.

Kill_Bill_Pana
01-04-2009, 01:56 PM
That's why they're only 3 and 4.

Tony is there also because he was just unbelievable this summer during the EC qualifications (even if the others scrubs just wasted the qualification).

For Euro fan you are foolish abut these awards. NBA is consider much more than something like Euro championship qualifier in these awards. You are just talk silly now.