PDA

View Full Version : I would trade Ginobili for OJ Mayo right now

SequSpur
01-03-2009, 02:19 PM
and Bonner and Udoka.

Tully365
01-03-2009, 02:22 PM
I would trade you for anyone from spurs report.

weebo
01-03-2009, 02:26 PM
are you stupid or something!?1

Solid D
01-03-2009, 02:26 PM
I would trade Ginobili for OJ Mayo right now...and Bonner and Udoka.

Sometimes, going public with your thoughts can be embarrassing over the course of time.

ClingingMars
01-03-2009, 02:33 PM

pawe
01-03-2009, 02:34 PM
Stop masturbating so much, it affects your brain.

Solid D
01-03-2009, 02:43 PM
There is no doubt that OJ Mayo is the outstanding rookie so far and he is a double-threat scorer. It remains to be seen how good of a defender, passer and leader he can be. He's not doing much to put paying customers in the seats in Memphis, yet. Manu is an international star. Time will tell.

HarlemHeat37
01-03-2009, 02:49 PM
why would Memphis want an injury-prone SG in his 30's, over a rookie SG that has the potential to be a superstar?..

IronMexican
01-03-2009, 02:50 PM
I'd take Mayo over a lot of SG's. And any team would be crazy or have an Argentine GM not to do that trade.

SpursPreacher
01-03-2009, 02:51 PM
http://www.tomsfreakinsweetwebpage.com/images/Mo4.jpg

underdawg
01-03-2009, 02:54 PM
and Bonner and Udoka.

what would you trade Tom Cruise for his shoe lifts?

peskypesky
01-03-2009, 02:57 PM
But would you trade Udoka for Joe Johnson?

jag
01-03-2009, 03:01 PM
Sequ might be half retarded...but i don't see how this is that crazy of a notion.

I wouldn't ever trade one of the big three...but if this trade were proposed to the Spurs, they'd be crazy not to do it.

mexicanjunior
01-03-2009, 03:17 PM
Grizzlies would never make that trade...

dirk4mvp
01-03-2009, 03:19 PM
Grizzlies would never make that trade...

Corret. They wouldn't trade an up and coming superstar for a washed up flopper.

Darthkiller
01-03-2009, 03:20 PM
tp for oj mayo is more reasonable for both teams

ILoveOranges
01-03-2009, 03:20 PM
Memphis wants to win later, Spurs want to win now. Conflicting interests, huh? Salary matching and whatnot considered also...

it's me
01-03-2009, 03:23 PM
Memphis wants to win later, Spurs want to win now. Conflicting interests, huh? Salary matching and whatnot considered also...
:wakeup

galvatron3000
01-03-2009, 03:24 PM
Sometimes, going public with your thoughts can be embarrassing over the course of time.

:lmao:lmao:lmao

Ditty
01-03-2009, 03:30 PM
how bout it in 2 years ha

it's me
01-03-2009, 03:35 PM
how bout it in 2 years ha

There ya go..... I'll also include Gasol for Duncan and Nene for Oberto

Ditty
01-03-2009, 04:04 PM
There ya go..... I'll also include Gasol for Duncan and Nene for Oberto

bosh for duncan and aldridge for oberto haha defintly here comes dynsty part 2 snd another 4 championships

:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt:

Austin_Toros
01-03-2009, 04:59 PM

:lmao

Brazil
01-03-2009, 05:05 PM
With this big 3 and the actual supporting cast we have this year a shot to win it all. We need nothing except a young big not a superstar rookie to help tim thats all.

Allanon
01-03-2009, 05:08 PM
Segu has an interesting way of putting it but I too would trade Manu for Mayo. If the Lakers weren't a strong contender this year, I'd consider trading Kobe for Mayo.

Mayo looks to be the most talented shooting guard since Kobe & DWade. He looks to be the best shooting guard of the next generation of players.

If the Grizz are crazy like Kevin McHale and forgetting that it doesn't work trade wise, I'd say Ginobili/Bonner/Udoka for Mayo straight up is a steal for the Spurs.

Right now, the best Shooting Guards:
1) Kobe
2) Wade
3) Manu
4) Brandon Roy
5) Joe Johnson
6) OJ Mayo

Give OJ a year and my guess is he'll be top 3.

angelbelow
01-03-2009, 05:12 PM
i would too, right after the grizzles agree to buy manu out and manu comfirms that hes coming back here.

T Park
01-03-2009, 05:22 PM
Why would the grizzlies do that trade?

Mayo has a golden oppurtunity to be a Carmelo Anthony like scorer, and on top of that, is only 20 I believe.

ON TOP OF THAT, the Grizzlies would have to add MORE players to the trade to make it work.

Kobulingam
01-03-2009, 06:13 PM
Is OJ Mayo coming off ankle surgery?

T Park
01-03-2009, 06:13 PM
No but he did have to have a leech removed.

z0sa
01-03-2009, 06:18 PM
I honestly wouldn't trade Manu for OJ Mayo. If you want to win now, Manu is still the best choice. OJ Mayo has zero experience, both in our system and in the playoffs. This would be a horrible trade for the present which every Spurs fan seems so focused on.

Sean Cagney
01-03-2009, 06:21 PM

Washed up now? Please stop smoking shyt man, dude is coming off an injury and a career year, he is HARDLY washed up. BTW you are Memphis fan right? Why Dirk4MVP then? Why ride Dallas so hard if you are a Memphis fan? Dirk is not an MVP, he proved that in 06 Finals and two first round exits after that, get off the crack.

T Park
01-03-2009, 06:25 PM
I honestly wouldn't trade Manu for OJ Mayo. If you want to win now, Manu is still the best choice. OJ Mayo has zero experience, both in our system and in the playoffs. This would be a horrible trade for the present which every Spurs fan seems so focused on.

I disagree. Mayo would fit in well in that he has a good midrange game, good slasher, and good shooter period.

If you could get Mayo for Manu? I'm sorry but I'd have to pull the trigger on that deal.

benefactor
01-03-2009, 06:50 PM
You are being a pretty blind homer if you would not trade Manu for Mayo. Parker is still young and that would be a devastating back court to finish out the Duncan era. Mayo will have a Kobe/Lebron effect on his team in just a couple of seasons. With Mayo on this team you can probably stick one, maybe two more trophies in our case before Duncan retires.

T Park
01-03-2009, 06:53 PM
You are being a pretty blind homer if you would not trade Manu for Mayo. Parker is still young and that would be a devastating back court to finish out the Duncan era. Mayo will have a Kobe/Lebron effect on his team in just a couple of seasons. With Mayo on this team you can probably stick one, maybe two more trophies in our case before Duncan retires.

Thats being conservative.

No question in my mind an OJ Mayo type player would make the Spurs THE team to beat in the western conference....

bdictjames
01-03-2009, 07:01 PM
No thanks, that would mean ZERO playmakers on this team.

T Park
01-03-2009, 07:08 PM
No thanks, that would mean ZERO playmakers on this team.

OJ mayo is not a playmaker?

wow...

bdictjames
01-03-2009, 07:43 PM
OJ mayo is not a playmaker?

wow...
He has been known to hog the ball, giving Rudy Gay fewer touches.

Go For Tree
01-03-2009, 07:47 PM
Sequ might be half retarded...but i don't see how this is that crazy of a notion.

I wouldn't ever trade one of the big three...but if this trade were purposed to the Spurs, they'd be crazy not to do it.

yeah we know the SPURS would be crazy to pass on this, the point everyone in here is making is that they would NEVER be offered that. Furthermore, youd be crazy to think differently.

O.J Mayo
01-03-2009, 07:49 PM
Fuck you, I am not selfish and I am 22.

T Park

Doesn't make him any less of a playmaker.

OJ Mayo is the real mfing deal.

doldrums

That's true, The Memphis annpuncers were chastising him for making too many 1 on 1 plays and not getting the teammates involved. That trade would kiss any championships goodbye for the next 2 years but potentially create a devastating backcourt for the future.

kace
01-03-2009, 07:57 PM
sorry but what's the point of bringing trades that will never happen and are not even conceivable ?

i mean i'm OK to talk about trades that could happen and interest both teams but here it just seems a way to bash a player.

Is the point to say that OJ Mayo is now better than manu. OK. maybe. not even sure. but why make a thread of it ?

a thread to trade Bonner for Dwight Howard, Finley for KB, Oberto for Bosh ? what's next ?

Ditty
01-03-2009, 07:59 PM

agree bout the upcoming superstar

not washed up flopper cuz i think thats that piece of shit terry and nowitski and crackhouse...is he even still on the team

lefty
01-03-2009, 10:17 PM
and Bonner and Udoka.

Sure

lefty
01-03-2009, 10:18 PM

it's me
01-03-2009, 11:40 PM
sorry but what's the point of bringing trades that will never happen and are not even conceivable ?

i mean i'm OK to talk about trades that could happen and interest both teams but here it just seems a way to bash a player.

Is the point to say that OJ Mayo is now better than manu. OK. maybe. not even sure. but why make a thread of it ?

a thread to trade Bonner for Dwight Howard, Finley for KB, Oberto for Bosh ? what's next ?

Hahaha coz it's a way of hating without doing it too obvious.

Armando
01-04-2009, 12:10 AM
Ok tell me again why Memphis would trade OJ Mayo a superstar in the making for an over 30 shooting guard albeit is Manu Ginobili?

Armando
01-04-2009, 12:11 AM

Can't say I blame him for not giving the ball to Rudy Gay. He is Memphis's version of Lamar Odom. All that talent for nothing

Budkin
01-04-2009, 12:17 AM
Tough call on this one with Mayo having so much potential but I think in the end Manu has done too much for this franchise and city to send him packing. At least half the fans would revolt.

MarHill
01-04-2009, 12:17 AM

I agree!! :lmao

I don't know why these trade scenarios come up all the time on Spurstalk!!

TMTTRIO
01-04-2009, 12:31 AM
With the way Manu has played coming back from his injury I don't think there are too many teams who would trade for him so I don't see that happening.

TDMVPDPOY
01-04-2009, 01:29 AM
why not trade gino for rudy gay?

nothing beats a backcourt of GAY PARKER

dirk4mvp
01-04-2009, 01:38 AM
Washed up now? Please stop smoking shyt man, dude is coming off an injury and a career year, he is HARDLY washed up. BTW you are Memphis fan right? Why Dirk4MVP then? Why ride Dallas so hard if you are a Memphis fan? Dirk is not an MVP, he proved that in 06 Finals and two first round exits after that, get off the crack.

http://bum.net/pics/advice-dog-2.jpg

dirk4mvp
01-04-2009, 01:39 AM
Segu has an interesting way of putting it but I too would trade Manu for Mayo. If the Lakers weren't a strong contender this year, I'd consider trading Kobe for Mayo.

Mayo looks to be the most talented shooting guard since Kobe & DWade. He looks to be the best shooting guard of the next generation of players.

If the Grizz are crazy like Kevin McHale and forgetting that it doesn't work trade wise, I'd say Ginobili/Bonner/Udoka for Mayo straight up is a steal for the Spurs.

Right now, the best Shooting Guards:
1) Kobe
2) Wade
3) Manu
4) Brandon Roy
5) Joe Johnson
6) OJ Mayo

Give OJ a year and my guess is he'll be top 3.

This year

Wade > Kobe

AFBlue
01-04-2009, 01:45 AM
Manu for the next four years (assuming he gets an extension) or Mayo for the next four?

That's an easy call...Mayo. Younger, more athletic, higher potential ceiling, cheap, and the list goes on.

Much as I love Manu, Mayo is a legit all-star calibur player for the next decade.

Edit: Just realized I agree with Sequ. :wow

HarlemHeat37
01-04-2009, 01:47 AM
Mayo isn't a ballhog at all..OJ gets his big men more involved than any other guards on the team..

Rudy Gay is actually the ballhog of the 2..

TMTTRIO
01-04-2009, 01:50 AM
Manu for the next four years (assuming he gets an extension) or Mayo for the next four?

At this point I don't see Manu getting an extension either

AFBlue
01-04-2009, 01:54 AM
At this point I don't see Manu getting an extension

Why not?

The Spurs FO was reportedly discussing an extension before the Olympics and Manu has come back a healthy, effective player. I assume if he stays healthy for the rest of this season he'll be looking at an extension this upcoming summer.

You and I could argue the merits of giving him one and talk about alternatives in 2010, but it would miss the point...if he's healthy I think he's on this team past 2010.

HarlemHeat37
01-04-2009, 02:02 AM
Manu hasn't come back healthy though..sure, he's an effective player, but he's not the Ginobili we're accustomed to seeing..

he has a lot of time to get back in form though..if we're getting the Manu we've had since he returned, he won't be getting a serious extension IMO..

AFBlue
01-04-2009, 02:14 AM
Manu hasn't come back healthy though..sure, he's an effective player, but he's not the Ginobili we're accustomed to seeing..

he has a lot of time to get back in form though..if we're getting the Manu we've had since he returned, he won't be getting a serious extension IMO..

He played well tonight (on both ends of the court) and scored in a variety of ways....hitting spot-up threes, step-back jumpers, driving and finishing in the lane. Everything was on display tonight and he looked good doing it.

He has also upped his minutes and scoring average steadily since returning in late November. He's right at his career average for shooting percentage and only a couple points lower in 3P%.

You said it yourself that he has a lot of time to "get back into form", and if tonight was any indication...he's well on his way.

I'm guessing he finishes out averaging 17-18PPG in somewhere between 28-30MPG, and he gets an extension for $8-10M/yr out to 2012.

YoMamaIsCallin
01-04-2009, 02:20 AM
OJ Mayo is a very good offensive player, with an excellent midrange shot and the ability to finish strong at the basket.

He has the POTENTIAL to be an all-star level player.

He needs to add:

-- Stronger defense, both individual and team.
-- Playing in a team offense -- moving the ball, and most importantly moving without the ball. Right now he really just gets the ball outside and creates.
-- Making his teammates better and making his team win.
-- Showing he has the drive and desire to get better and step up his game on a monthly and yearly basis.

Today, he is not close to Ginobili as a professional player delivering value to his team. He's a very good rookie -- that's all. Ginobili IS an all-star level player, and has been for several years now.

Rogue
01-04-2009, 02:48 AM
but we would have to eat their garbage contracts to fill manu's salary. it is not feasible in terms of the wolves who prefer young guys rather than Manu whose career years is now countable even with only one hand.

TDMVPDPOY
01-04-2009, 03:38 AM
if manu does get an extention? it should start at around 3-5m a season, any more than than that might as well go youth....

InK
01-04-2009, 06:32 AM
if manu does get an extention? it should start at around 3-5m a season, any more than than that might as well go youth....

Ye, rite:downspin:

spurs50_
01-04-2009, 10:08 AM
Why not just ask the grizzlies to GIVE us Mayo like they gave away Pau Gasol to the Fakers? I wonder if the grizzlies FO is still smoking crack...:lol

Indazone
01-04-2009, 10:17 AM
howbout we trade you our old broken down player for your old broken down player straight up. lol

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-04-2009, 11:26 AM
http://bum.net/pics/advice-dog-2.jpg

:lol

Tully365
01-04-2009, 02:01 PM
Memphis knows that they are nowhere close to winning a title now, so why on earth would they trade the guy who can potentially be their best player for the next decade and is still working on his very inexpensive rookie contract? It'd be different if you were talking about a Denver or an Orlando-- teams that could possibly win it all with one more piece, but why would Memphis make this trade?

Tully365
01-04-2009, 02:16 PM
It turns out that the Pau Gasol trade has actually worked out very well for Memphis: in return, so far, they've netted Marc Gasol and Darrell Arthur (traded for Donte Green, who was chosen with the Lakers' first round pick), and still have 2 first round picks coming in the future, one from the Lakers in 2010, and the other from the recent Crittenton trade. Plus, their payroll is lower, making them legit free agency players in '09 and '10. They got a lot of criticism at the time, but it turns out that it was a good trade for them. They were going nowhere fast with him as their highly paid #1 option...

Rogue
01-04-2009, 11:18 PM
I would do this trade a few years later when Manu depresses due to age while Mayo becomes more mature and experienced.