PDA

View Full Version : Race to the MVP (nba.com)

romain.star
01-03-2009, 03:27 PM
Tim is 7th (behind Joe Johnson) and TP isn't even mentioned in the top 20.... :bang

Reck
01-03-2009, 03:43 PM
As of right now Tim is lucky to be 7th.

Is not like neither Tim or Parker or anyone on the Spurs is gonna win this year's MVP. It's already decided probably. Lebron or Kobe.

romain.star
01-03-2009, 03:58 PM
As of right now Tim is lucky to be 7th.

Is not like neither Tim or Parker or anyone on the Spurs is gonna win this year's MVP. It's already decided probably. Lebron or Kobe.

Lebron is a lock (unless he gets injured) for the MVP award.

IMO Tim should be a top 5, hands down.
And Tony should be around 10th (at least ahead of Paul Millsap, Steve Nash and Raja Rondo)

Allanon
01-03-2009, 05:22 PM
LeBron right now is a lock but I think the Cavs will stumble this month.

DWade is lighting things up, I figure he has a good shot but I don't think he has a chance at 50 wins.

Kobe didn't put up MVP type numbers in the beginning of the year but if he continues his torrid stretch of the last 2 weeks, he'll be back in.

Tim Duncan's had a great year. I think the record will determine whether or not he gets MVP. If the Spurs win 55+ games, I'd give Timeh a great chance at MVP.

Oh yeah, CP3 as well, but I also think the team record will plunge.

HarlemHeat37
01-03-2009, 05:35 PM
Lebron has all the hype, the stats, the wins..there's no way he doesn't get it..

SpursFanFirst
01-03-2009, 07:09 PM
There is no doubt in my mind that the award has long been decided.
Unless something drastic happens, Lebron is the winner.

Josepatches_
01-03-2009, 11:40 PM
Tim is 7th (behind Joe Johnson) and TP isn't even mentioned in the top 20.... :bang

If Tim is only 7th then it's obvious TP isn't in the top20.

m33p0
01-04-2009, 12:36 AM
the mvp award has lost it's luster when nashy won b2b.

Brazil
01-04-2009, 08:27 PM
Rondo tonight 3 (1-7) 4 3, this guy is sssooooo overrated, this guy is ahead tp on the mvp race lol

Yorae
01-04-2009, 08:36 PM
Rondo ahead of Tim??? HMFS!!!!

DAF86
01-04-2009, 09:24 PM
Lebron is a lock (unless he gets injured) for the MVP award.

IMO Tim should be a top 5, hands down.
And Tony should be around 10th (at least ahead of Paul Millsap, Steve Nash and Raja Rondo)

What? Millsap and Rondo ahead of Parker? That has to be a joke.

PS: WTF that IMO means?

kace
01-04-2009, 09:27 PM
PS: WTF that IMO means?

IMO = in my opinion
IMHO= in my humble opinion

DAF86
01-04-2009, 09:33 PM
IMO = in my opinion
IMHO= in my humble opinion

thanks

MarHill
01-04-2009, 09:43 PM
Lebron has all the hype, the stats, the wins..there's no way he doesn't get it..

Yep..Lebron will win the MVP!!

Tim does some consideration though!

But unless he starts getting 25 and 15 every night he won't get any consideration.

Rogue
01-04-2009, 11:06 PM
it's not proper to estimate a roster just with his stats. TD is doing more that what his pts and rebs has shown. tmac was the scoring leader in this league, but no one had ever considerd him as mvp, even though he won two scoring chapions in a row and his stats looked pretty nice. Dirk won 06-07's mvp but he was not the most pretty guy in stats, but his team was. That's regular season MVP but the spurs are reluctant to put off their nest agg until the playoffs begin. Dirk won that MVP and led his team to a 4-2 lost to warriors who were ranked 8th that season, but spurs won the championship and TP became Finals' mvp. Spurs don't care who wins regular season's mvp, those teams have to care it because their chances to compete in the finals are very slim.

romain.star
01-05-2009, 02:26 AM
If Tim is only 7th then it's obvious TP isn't in the top20.

tim sure is the man but so far tony has been almost as valuable as sir 21 (i said almost!)

Brutalis
01-05-2009, 02:51 AM
I love Tim and all, and he's having a good year and better than I had anticipated even, but the MVP award is out of the question regardless of the Spurs finish 71-11 even. Anyone honestly thinking the NBA is going outside of popularity circle is nuts.

Parker isn't in the top 20 because he doesn't deserve to be. Love him too but he's not even the MVP of the Spurs.

If Manu was ever consistent and had different roles from the past to now I bet he could win one. Bringing his experience to the NBA then added the big games he has been in right now if Manu could get the nod I believe he could be the leader of this team.

raspsa
01-05-2009, 02:56 AM
Last year was Kobe's time. This year its LeBron. Next year is Dwayne Wade's. Then Chris Paul's.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-05-2009, 02:58 AM
Last year was Kobe's time. This year its LeBron. Next year is Dwayne Wade's. Then Chris Paul's.

If Ming makes it through 1 season Stern is gonna try extremely hard to get him the MVP. Fortunately Ming will never make it through 1 season.

timtonymanu
01-05-2009, 04:11 AM
NBA.com lost all credibility to me when George Hill was never mentioned in the top 10 rookies when he should have been.

Cry Havoc
01-05-2009, 04:25 AM
If Ming makes it through 1 season Stern is gonna try extremely hard to get him the MVP. Fortunately Ming will never make it through 1 season.

Doubt it. How is anyone going to approach the quad-core of (in this order) LeBron, Howard, Paul, and Kobe? It's just not going to happen. Barring some unheard of playing exploding onto the scene, those are the MVPs for the next decade or so. I think LeBron ends up with 5-7 MVPs on his own.

romain.star
01-05-2009, 05:48 AM
I love Tim and all, and he's having a good year and better than I had anticipated even, but the MVP award is out of the question regardless of the Spurs finish 71-11 even. Anyone honestly thinking the NBA is going outside of popularity circle is nuts.

Parker isn't in the top 20 because he doesn't deserve to be. Love him too but he's not even the MVP of the Spurs.

If Manu was ever consistent and had different roles from the past to now I bet he could win one. Bringing his experience to the NBA then added the big games he has been in right now if Manu could get the nod I believe he could be the leader of this team.

If the spurs go 71 11 (which will never happen of Course), a 21/11 tim is a lock for mvp. As for tp, he is not a top 20 player right now?? Then name 20 more valuable players....

dirk4mvp
01-05-2009, 02:01 PM
Nice to see you guys get butthurt over something like this. It never fails.

T Park
01-05-2009, 02:06 PM
Nice to see you guys get butthurt over something like this. It never fails.

nice to see mavs fan still has no life.

dirk4mvp
01-05-2009, 02:09 PM
I didn't think Spurfan would get so pissy about something as trivial as this.

T Park
01-05-2009, 02:13 PM
I didn't think Spurfan would get so pissy about something as trivial as this.

I didn't think Mav fan would stick thier nose into a subject that as usual, has no relevance to them.

dirk4mvp
01-05-2009, 02:14 PM
Says who? You?

Findog
01-05-2009, 02:16 PM
it's not proper to estimate a roster just with his stats. TD is doing more that what his pts and rebs has shown. tmac was the scoring leader in this league, but no one had ever considerd him as mvp, even though he won two scoring chapions in a row and his stats looked pretty nice. Dirk won 06-07's mvp but he was not the most pretty guy in stats, but his team was. That's regular season MVP but the spurs are reluctant to put off their nest agg until the playoffs begin. Dirk won that MVP and led his team to a 4-2 lost to warriors who were ranked 8th that season, but spurs won the championship and TP became Finals' mvp. Spurs don't care who wins regular season's mvp, those teams have to care it because their chances to compete in the finals are very slim.

English isn't your first language, is it?

Can anybody parse this AT ALL?

Findog
01-05-2009, 02:17 PM
Says who? You?

You called it in the JET/Ice thread. T Park steps up to the plate and shows us a little butthurt.

Findog
01-05-2009, 02:18 PM
I didn't think Mav fan would stick thier nose into a subject that as usual, has no relevance to them.

I thought you guys didn't care about awards or individual honors, since your team "plays the right way" and focuses on team honors "when it counts."

Since when do you fucking care who wins the MVP award?

dirk4mvp
You called it in the JET/Ice thread. T Park steps up to the plate and shows us a little butthurt.

It's like clockwork. As successful as the Spurs have been, you'd think they wouldn't give a shit.

Findog
BTW, this award almost always goes to the best player on the team that finishes with the best record in the regular season. Who cares?

peskypesky
01-05-2009, 02:27 PM
BTW, this award almost always goes to the best player on the team that finishes with the best record in the regular season. Who cares?

Is that really true? Methinks it's not.

Brutalis
01-05-2009, 09:32 PM
If the spurs go 71 11 (which will never happen of Course), a 21/11 tim is a lock for mvp. As for tp, he is not a top 20 player right now?? Then name 20 more valuable players....

I disagree. The league has snubbed Duncan for DPOY (not to mention Bowen) enough times that I am not gullible as I used to be. It's a popularity contest, and the Spurs record and Tim's average will not make a lick of difference in him getting the MVP award.

Kobe
LeBron
Duncan
Wade
Melo
Howard
Bosh
Paul
Arenas
Nash
Pierce
Garnett
Nowitzki
Jefferson

There's 14 that are in no question a BETTER PLAYER than Parker.

Roy
Harris
Durant
Granger
J.Johnson
Amare

those 6 I don't think are better players, but stats are showing me otherwise.

So actually Parker is right at 20, barely. I'm not trying to hate on my boy TP9, but I do not agree with folks overrating TP9. And I don't mean to start anything truly, but I feel the Spurs think Manu is even better than TP. When the game is on the line is it Manu or TP? And that's all I need to know, always TD or Manu.

Fail safe however. TP is going to get nothing but better. Very few in the kingdom of Kobe, KG, TMac, and LeBron to name a few that started this league so young and turned out so good.. ask yourself who has the most experience? Kobe of course, but then who? Yep, Tony, and he happens to be young still even.

Brutalis
01-05-2009, 09:38 PM
Random Thought:

Duncan wouldn't, but would be a masterful teacher. His knowledge and wisdom as a coach would be awesome. Parker like I said above, and by the time he retires should be a book of knowledge and experience. I hope one of our Spurs hang around and coach some day.

x Ice
x DRob
x Tim (might as well)

? Manu
? Tony

MG will go home, TP will work in Hollywood with Eva probably.

Juanobili
01-05-2009, 10:28 PM

Brazil
01-05-2009, 10:39 PM
I disagree. The league has snubbed Duncan for DPOY (not to mention Bowen) enough times that I am not gullible as I used to be. It's a popularity contest, and the Spurs record and Tim's average will not make a lick of difference in him getting the MVP award.

Kobe
LeBron
Duncan
Wade
Melo
Howard
Bosh
Paul
Arenas
Nash
Pierce
Garnett
Nowitzki
Jefferson

Roy
Harris
Durant
Granger
J.Johnson
Amare

So actually Parker is right at 20, barely. I'm not trying to hate on my boy TP9, but I do not agree with folks overrating TP9. And I don't mean to start anything truly, but I feel the Spurs think Manu is even better than TP. When the game is on the line is it Manu or TP? And that's all I need to know, always TD or Manu.

Fail safe however. TP is going to get nothing but better. Very few in the kingdom of Kobe, KG, TMac, and LeBron to name a few that started this league so young and turned out so good.. ask yourself who has the most experience? Kobe of course, but then who? Yep, Tony, and he happens to be young still even.

I'm not going to discuss with you everybody has an opinion, I just don't understand why you consider nash and arenas > TP.

romain.star
01-06-2009, 07:30 AM

Kobe
LeBron
Duncan
Wade
Melo
Howard
Bosh
Paul
Arenas
Nash
Pierce
Garnett
Nowitzki
Jefferson

Roy
Harris
Durant
Granger
J.Johnson
Amare

IMO this season, TP has been more valuable than Durant, Granger, Nash, Arenas and Jefferson... as for Harris, it's close

Being a great manu fan too, i don't want to start a new TP vs Manu war so i will not say anything about your statement on Manu being even better than TP this season...

mathbzh
01-06-2009, 08:22 AM
Arenas

Arenas played how many minutes this season?

Nash

THIS year Parker is clearly better than Nash

Roy
Harris
Durant
Granger
J.Johnson
Amare

Which stats? Because according to Hollinger's Efficiency Rating Parker is better than Durant, Granger, JJ and Amare.

Moreover, in a MVP race you must play for a winning team (so, no Bosh, Jefferson, Granger, Durant, Harris).

I don't think Parker is a MVP candidate but he is without discussion in the top 20.

mathbzh
01-06-2009, 08:25 AM
When the game is on the line is it Manu or TP? And that's all I need to know, always TD or Manu.

This is not the case anymore.

TDMVPDPOY
01-06-2009, 08:49 AM
lol tp candidate for mvp? hahahaha lame

look at billups when he was with the pistons, posting up the same numbers as parker is doing now, and his teams have won 50+ games, but he was never considered a mvp candidate....thats a shame though, i thought he was good to be given some consideration when he was still with the pistons.

u know the mvp is joke now when nash wins b2b mvps and finishes 2nd the year dirk won his....

Brazil
01-06-2009, 08:56 AM
lol tp candidate for mvp? hahahaha lame

look at billups when he was with the pistons, posting up the same numbers as parker is doing now, and his teams have won 50+ games, but he was never considered a mvp candidate....thats a shame though, i thought he was good to be given some consideration when he was still with the pistons.

u know the mvp is joke now when nash wins b2b mvps and finishes 2nd the year dirk won his....

nobody is saying that TP is a candidate for the MVP, we are just saying TP deserves to be in the top 20 or top 15 ahead guys like nash, arenas, granger etc...

mathbzh
01-06-2009, 08:59 AM
Billups should receive some consideration this year.

romain.star
01-06-2009, 10:15 AM
ok here is my mvp ranking so far:

1. James
2. Bryant
3. Wade
4. Paul
5. Duncan
6. Howard
7. Garnett
8. Nowitzki
9. Pierce