PDA

View Full Version : Official 2009 Weight Loss Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Heath Ledger
01-03-2009, 09:00 PM
I thought it would be cool to have a thread of like minded people trying to lose weight in the new year, we can share our goals, starting weight, photos accomplishments, tips etc.

Me first.

Starting Weight 208Lbs (amazingly did not gain a lb over holidays)
Goal Weight 185
Current Waistline 38"
Goal Waistline 32" (got to 34 last year when i lost 25ish lbs)

dickface
01-03-2009, 10:01 PM
there's a super secret forum for all this.

Heath Ledger
01-03-2009, 10:20 PM
Im aware of the forum thats been buried, this one should in fact be stickied at least for 3 months until everyone starts falling off the weightloss bandwagon. What do you say Kori?

Vinnie_Johnson
01-03-2009, 10:24 PM
I thought it would be cool to have a thread of like minded people trying to lose weight in the new year, we can share our goals, starting weight, photos accomplishments, tips etc.

Me first.

Goal Weight 185
Current Waistline 38"

How tall are you?

Heath Ledger
01-03-2009, 10:28 PM
5ft10 3/4"

Vinnie_Johnson
01-03-2009, 10:29 PM
I am starting round two of p90x Monday doing the plus version this round. If you are really welling to bring it hard you will be amazed what can be accomplished. I started round one at 21% BF and I am now 14% and this round will finish under 10%.

http://forums.teambeachbody.com/groupee/forums/a/frm/f/5082996357

Vinnie_Johnson
01-03-2009, 10:31 PM
5ft10 3/4"

Yes you are about my size I am 5-11 and a tad. I was 189 when I started p90x I am now 174.

Heath Ledger
01-03-2009, 10:31 PM
Here is a pic of me last summer. I weighed in around 197 or 198 then, im not exactly a fat slob I do have a big chest and shoulders but do have a bit of a gut going on. I hope to take it up a notch or two this year and get to my lowest weight since i got out of the military 180-185ish.

http://a433.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/88/l_f1aae55ae645b938917b153b19268548.jpg

Heath Ledger
01-03-2009, 10:33 PM
If my hand wasn't still jacked I would do power 90x, its still really sore, cant even do a pull up because of it, came out of the cast almost a month ago now. I own regular power 90 already.

I dont think i can even do pushups right now so I will have to rely a lot on cardio and will probably lose a good deal of muscle mass but I'm okay with that.

Vinnie_Johnson
01-03-2009, 10:34 PM
Here is a pic of me last summer. I weighed in around 197 or 198 then, im not exactly a fat slob I do have a big chest and shoulders but do have a bit of a gut going on. I hope to take it up a notch or two this year and get to my lowest weight since i got out of the military 180-185ish.

http://a433.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/88/l_f1aae55ae645b938917b153b19268548.jpg

Is she real?

Heath Ledger
01-03-2009, 10:36 PM
Jenna? Of course we go way back. I was tagging her well before Tito. He's getting my sloppy 2nds. Do you have your own thread going on the beach body forums?

Vinnie_Johnson
01-03-2009, 10:37 PM
If my hand wasn't still jacked I would do power 90x, its still really sore, cant even do a pull up because of it, came out of the cast almost a month ago now. I own regular power 90 already.

I dont think i can even do pushups right now so I will have to rely a lot on cardio and will probably lose a good deal of muscle mass but I'm okay with that.

Just make sure you eat real clean nutrition is really important. Alot of people think they can just cut there cal intake and lose weight but what that does is just through your body into starvation mode and it will store extra fat.

Heath Ledger
01-03-2009, 10:39 PM
I was pretty good with the diet last year, I never saw "starvation" mode. I ate a lot of protein/protein shakes, ate/snacked when i was hungry and stopped eating 8pm. Tons of water and green tea. Oatmeal goes a long way, its filling and fairly clean even with a bit of hone and or a banana in it.

Vinnie_Johnson
01-03-2009, 10:42 PM
Jenna? Of course we go way back. I was tagging her well before Tito. He's getting my sloppy 2nds. Do you have your own thread going on the beach body forums?

I never did I looked so bad when I took my before pics I couldn't nut up and post them.:lol

Vinnie_Johnson
01-03-2009, 10:43 PM
Did you end up getting pins in your hand? Still all jacked up?

Vinnie_Johnson
01-03-2009, 10:45 PM
You should check out the Plyometric workout from p90x it's a freaking beast. You won't need your hand for that one.

Heath Ledger
01-03-2009, 10:45 PM
No I didnt(pins), I took the cast off myself on the day it was supposed to be revmoed (no insurance) trying to save some money so for all I know it didn't fully heal or theres still some tendon damage in there as well, my range of motion is getting better and its getting a little less sore but it doesn't take much to irriate it and I have what appears to be some calcium buildup around where it broke.

Vinnie_Johnson
01-03-2009, 10:50 PM
Here is a kid doing PLYO.

http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm8zIT1SXDA

Heath Ledger
01-03-2009, 10:51 PM
Torrents are a great thing but its 3.97 gigs damn just for the plyo.

Vinnie_Johnson
01-03-2009, 10:59 PM

It's like 50 min. I wish I could e-mail you a copy.

Vinnie_Johnson
01-03-2009, 11:02 PM

407,747 kb

Kori Ellis
01-03-2009, 11:13 PM
there's a super secret forum for all this.

It doesn't get used anymore.

Heath Ledger
01-03-2009, 11:17 PM
Kori you rock.

Vinnie_Johnson
01-03-2009, 11:24 PM
Kori you rock.

Now that she pinned it you better not let us down.:toast

Heath Ledger
01-03-2009, 11:29 PM
Monday is my "official" start regarding diet, but I will be breaking the treadmill in the today and tomorrow.

2Blonde
01-04-2009, 12:31 AM
I lost some weight in 2008. In August I started out at a (very snug)size 10. Now I am loose size 6 and some 4's. I have about 10 more lbs I want to lose by my birthday in march.
I'm eating very small (approx.100 calories) meals about every 2-3 hours through my day and one lean and green meal. This consists of 4-7 oz of beef, chicken or fish & several serving of low carb vegetables (ie. salad cucumbers, celery, tomato) My weight loss has been slow and consistent. I am very happy with the results. My husband dropped 30 lbs in 6 weeks. He went from 230 down to 198. His goal is to hit 185.

SpursFanFirst
01-04-2009, 12:55 AM
I don't think you're going to get too many people to post their weight...but the thread is a cool idea for a support group.

Heath Ledger
01-04-2009, 12:59 AM
2blond what kind of diet was your hubby on? Its very unhealthy to lose that much weight in that short of a time frame. Certainly there was much skeletal tissue/muscle mass lost in that period which is not a good thing.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-04-2009, 01:11 AM
It doesn't get used anymore.

HAHA... I was just contemplating putting my latest thread in there earlier today.

2Blonde
01-04-2009, 01:53 AM
2blond what kind of diet was your hubby on? Its very unhealthy to lose that much weight in that short of a time frame. Certainly there was much skeletal tissue/muscle mass lost in that period which is not a good thing.
Medifast, same as mine . Trust me, he lost fat not muscle mass. My husband works out 1 or 2 times a day. We both went to our doctor and get regular bloodwork. Men lose weight much faster anyway. He averaged about 5 lbs a week. He's in very good shape except that he had put on weight around the middle over the last 8 years.
http://img307.imageshack.us/img307/9514/rangerbrett0fn.jpg

Below is some info from Medifast & I pointed out the part about lean muscle mass.

How Will Medifast Help You Lose Weight?

Medifast works by using a number of proven successful dietary components:

• Controlled portions to make sure you are getting enough, but not too much, food and calories. The amount determined depends on the amount of weight you need to lose, how much you currently weigh, how active you are, and whether you are male or female. This makes the weight loss sure to happen, because the amount in calories eaten won’t exceed the amount burned. A calorie deficit is created that will make losing weight a sure thing.

• Nutritionally balanced meals, snacks, and drinks. This will make you more satisfied, with all the daily requirements your body puts on you being met in a way that will not only help you lose weight, but also become healthier.

• A calorie deficit created by eating well-balanced meals with the right proportions of protein and carbohydrates to effectively burn fat and maintain your lean muscle mass. This is important because muscles help you burn more fat, so you don’t want to follow a diet that will make you lose muscle as well as fat.

• According to Medifast reviews, the results of weight loss come faster with Medifast than with other diet programs. The reason for this is that when you eat Medifast diet food, you are getting food that is clinically tested to make sure all the nutritional value is intact, and that the amount of calories you eat each day is less than the amount you burn. This makes fat loss and weight loss easier and faster than with most other diets.

• Medifast has a great maintenance program that will teach you how to maintain your weight loss once you reach your goals. With the help of their trained staff, you will be taught to use food to your advantage and keep the weight off for good.

• Medifast offers a great program for people with type 2 diabetes. Most diet food delivery programs may not offer such an accommodating plan, but Medifast does. Many people who are diabetic may feel as if there is no plan to meet their individual needs, but with Medifast, they will lose weight and possibly begin to recover and not need as much insulin as they once did.

• Meidfast is a great choice for a diet plan, even if you are a vegetarian. The options available are suitable to fulfill a complete vegetarian menu.

• Medifast is recommended by thousands of doctors as their preferred method of weight loss for their patients. It has proven through many tests to be clinically safe and to work well for most people.

• Medifast has been available for over 25 years and has a proven track record of not only weight loss, but weight maintenance, as well.

• Medifast is safe, and they use the ingredient MSG (a preservative and flavor enhancer that many people are sensitive to) only in their Cream of Tomato Soup. Many prepackaged and prepared foods contain MSG in most of their products, but Medifast doesn’t.

• There is a support system offered through Medifast on the Internet. This provides you with encouragement and professional advice, as well as other people helping you with any problems, questions, or concerns you might have.

• It is recommended that before you start Medifast, as with any new diet program, you consult your doctor before beginning. This is for your own safety, to make sure you are able to lose weight and be healthy along the way with no problems.
Does Medifast Work? Look At Some Success Stories

According to recent Medifast reviews, there are many people who have been helped by using Medifast diet food delivery who haven’t been helped by other weight loss options they had tried. The success stories available to read on the Internet are amazing.

Weight loss for Teresa happened fast. It took only 10 weeks for her to reach her goal, and go from a size 16 to a size 8, with a total weight loss of 66 pounds. Brent lost 140 pounds in six months. Though these results may not be typical, they do happen.

Most often, people may lose between two and five pounds a week, with a lasting goal reached sooner than it would have been with other diet plans. According to people who have used Medifast after they have used other weight loss plans, it is the best overall diet food program, nutritionally and as far as satisfaction, quality and, flavor are concerned, as well.

Conclusion

Medifast is available to order on the Internet, and your first shipment can reach your home within a few days. When you make the decision to have a diet food delivered to your door, choosing Medifast means choosing the best.

Take care of yourself in a way that has proven to be successful, lasting, and satisfying; take care of yourself Medifast. You will be glad you took the initiative and started now. They say that, one year from now, you can either wish you had begun to lose weight a year ago or you can be glad you started a year ago. The choice is yours, and choosing Medifast now may make all the difference.

Weight loss is one thing, but a longer and healthier life is even more important. You can have faster weight loss with Medifast, and begin a healthier lifestyle, as well.

My doctor is thrilled with the results and my cholesterol dropped from 208 to 131 in 4 months. They also teach you how to transition after you reach your goal.

Trainwreck2100
01-04-2009, 02:50 AM
dropped below 220 for the first time in 4 years earlier this year and got it all back and then some in 4 months. I'm hoping itt doesn't take me 3 years to drop below 220 this time around

Heath Ledger
01-04-2009, 03:40 AM
I just breezed through 45 minutes of the treadmill 2.7 mph on a 5.5 incline. Worked up a great sweat, not bad for first treadmill session in 7 or 8 months.

RashoFan
01-04-2009, 03:28 PM
How many calories does boxing burn?

Heath Ledger
01-04-2009, 03:38 PM
Boxing itself or training?

Both burn enormous amounts of calories, you are using so many muscle groups at one time and getting your heartrate up to boot.

Vinnie_Johnson
01-04-2009, 05:42 PM
How many calories does boxing burn?

Wii Boxing?

E20
01-04-2009, 05:52 PM
Trying to go up to 200 pounds then shred down to 190 maybe 185ish.

AFBlue
01-04-2009, 05:59 PM
Alright, I'm game....

Ht: 6'0
Wt: 223
Goal Wt: 205
Programs working: 30-day shred (with wife) followed by basic P90X
Date started: Yesterday (3 Jan 09)

I wanted to start P90X right away but found that I'm not mentally or physically prepared for it yet. I also got it second hand without all the bells and whistles, which I thought would be okay...but it's not. I need to get in better shape (reason for the 30-day workout), get the guidebooks and then start it up.

Of course I took the P90X photos, but I'm not sure if I want to share them or if you want to see them (:lol). Maybe I can scare up some other photos in the meantime.

Vinnie_Johnson
01-04-2009, 05:59 PM
Trying to go up to 200 pounds then shred down to 190 maybe 185ish.

How much to you weigh now? How tall are you?

Vinnie_Johnson
01-04-2009, 06:01 PM
Alright, I'm game....

I wanted to start P90X right away but found that I'm not mentally or physically prepared for it yet. I also got it second hand without all the bells and whistles, which I thought would be okay...but it's not. I need to get in better shape (reason for the 30-day workout), get the guidebooks and then start it up.

Of course I took the P90X photos, but I'm not sure if I want to share them or if you want to see them (:lol). Maybe I can scare up some other photos in the meantime.

PM me your e-mail I can hook you up with the guides.

AFBlue
01-04-2009, 06:18 PM
PM me your e-mail I can hook you up with the guides.

Well I'm going to get the guides in a few days, I just didn't have them when I wanted to start. But since I'm holding off for 30 days, I should be good.

But thanks for the offer! And if I find myself without them when I'm ready to start the program I'll holler. Again, thanks.

In the meantime, I'll be focusing mostly on cardio and combined strength (upper/lower) exercises with that 30-day program. Hopefully that'll get me into the mid-teens (i.e. 215).

E20
01-04-2009, 06:44 PM
How much to you weigh now? How tall are you?

I'm 5'7'' maybe 5'8'' with shoes. I weigh 175 give or take 1 or 2 pounds.

Vinnie_Johnson
01-04-2009, 07:03 PM
I'm 5'7'' maybe 5'8'' with shoes. I weigh 175 give or take 1 or 2 pounds.

Why do you want to go up to 215?

E20
01-04-2009, 07:07 PM
Why do you want to go up to 215?

I want to bulk up to 200 pounds then shred off 10-12 pounds of fat. I read it's best to put on mass and shred off excess fat you gained after rather than trying to do two things at once (build muscle and lose fat). The reason I am doing this is because weight lifting is a hobby of mine and I have a pretty boring life LOL.

Vinnie_Johnson
01-04-2009, 07:23 PM
I want to bulk up to 200 pounds then shred off 10-12 pounds of fat. I read it's best to put on mass and shred off excess fat you gained after rather than trying to do two things at once (build muscle and lose fat). The reason I am doing this is because weight lifting is a hobby of mine and I have a pretty boring life LOL.

Okay tell me more what are you doing to add this mass? I am not knocking you just trying to understand where your coming from. The main problem I see is when you gain weight you don't get to pick where it shows up on a guy it likes to store up in the belly.

Vinnie_Johnson
01-04-2009, 07:31 PM

There are basically three main body types and although most people belong to a specific body type, they will also have some features of one or the other in the mix.

* Endomorph - If you are an Endomorph, then you have a bigger body frame than the average person and tend to put on weight easily if you are not already overweight. I suggest that if you belong to this body type category, you should lose your excess fat first before begining a workout program to build truly huge muscles.

Although it is true that the more muscle mass you have, the easier it is for you to lose weight (fat) because of your heightened metabolism, I do not suggest that you do just that if you are already obese. This is because when you stimulate your muscle growth, your muscles will be growing under your fat and will make you look even more clumsy and visually fatter.

You will not be able to see your muscle defintion or your 6 pack abs under those layer of fats and because you can't see your results, although you may be building solid muscles beneath your body fat, you may get demoralized and then give up working out altogether. So isn't it more sensible to lose weight first if you are an Endomorph? Click this link if you want to lose weight and tone your muscles first.

Mesomorph - As a Mesomorph, you are genetically blessed to have a naturally fit and atheletic body. You are the type to see explosive muscle growth if you know your science to bodybuilding and train with good training techniques. Thank your lucky stars that your quest to attain a bigger and muscular body will be easier and faster than those who do not have your body type. With correct and good training methods, you will continue to see your muscles growing week after week and soon, they will be bursting the seams of your shirt and even your pants!

Ectomorph - An Ectomorph is naturally thin and skinny. People who belong to the Ectomorph body type are sometimes called 'hardgainers'. Since an Ectomorph is a walking calorie furnace, you burn up most of your calories before they can even feed your muscles for your muscles to grow. You probably have tried everything that you possibly can to gain weight and yet, that extra pound or two is always elusive.

AFBlue
01-04-2009, 07:32 PM
VJ,

Did you get the P90X recovery drink powder? I heard it works really well, but I want more opinions before I invest the money.

Vinnie_Johnson
01-04-2009, 07:35 PM
VJ,

Did you get the P90X recovery drink powder? I heard it works really well, but I want more opinions before I invest the money.

Yes it is very good. I also use No Xplode pre workout and glutamine after also any Multi vitamin will do don't bother with the p90x ones.

E20
01-04-2009, 07:36 PM
Okay tell me more what are you doing to add this mass? I am not knocking you just trying to understand where your coming from. The main problem I see is when you gain weight you don't get to pick where it shows up on a guy it likes to store up in the belly.

I'm increasing my calorie intake, I've set my limit to around 3500-4000 calories a day, which is pretty hard to reach. My workout regimine is also based a lot of power lifts and I center my sets and reps towards power and bulking up rather than definition as of now. Also I guess since I am only 20, it helps to have a young persons metabolism. I don't neglect cardio though I either run 1-2 miles after a workout or jumprope. So I am slowly gaining weight, I think 1 or 2 pounds a week.

Vinnie_Johnson
01-04-2009, 07:38 PM
I'm increasing my calorie intake, I've set my limit to around 3500-4000 calories a day, which is pretty hard to reach. My workout regimine is also based a lot of power lifts and I center my sets and reps towards power and bulking up rather than definition as of now. Also I guess since I am only 20, it helps to have a young persons metabolism. I don't neglect cardio though I either run 1-2 miles after a workout or jumprope. So I am slowly gaining weight, I think 1 or 2 pounds a week.

Sounds like you doing things right what body type are you?

Heath Ledger
01-04-2009, 07:39 PM
if your not already in great shape start off with regular power 90 before power 90x it is plenty challenging indeed. p90x is pretty hardcore, i tried a bit of it last year when i THOUGHT i was in good shape.

E20
01-04-2009, 07:42 PM
Sounds like you doing things right what body type are you?

By the descriptions I just read I am most likely an ectomorph, it is hard for me to gain or lose weight; but maybe I am an endomorph because I am so young and IMO I lead a pretty active life that those qualities of an endomorph can't be shown yet.

Vinnie_Johnson
01-04-2009, 07:43 PM
if your not already in great shape start off with regular power 90 before power 90x it is plenty challenging indeed. p90x is pretty hardcore, i tried a bit of it last year when i THOUGHT i was in good shape.

I do kind of agree however may friend who was a fat ass did round one with me he did the lean version I did classic he made it and lost a ton of weight at the same time. I have seen some pretty big people make it through the program.

AFBlue
01-04-2009, 08:33 PM
Yes it is very good. I also use No Xplode pre workout and glutamine after also any Multi vitamin will do don't bother with the p90x ones.

What is No Xplode (i.e. powder drink, supplement)?

Heath Ledger
01-04-2009, 08:34 PM
Anti-Diarrhea drink. It tastes delicious...

E20
01-04-2009, 08:50 PM

I'll assume the No in No Xplode is Nitric Oxide. Basically it is a pre-workout drink with Nitric Oxide as it's main ingredient/catalyst as well as some other side ingredients. With most NO pre-workout supplements the main goal is to achieve a better pump during workouts and more blood flow to the muscles being worked on the most so it increases intensity at which you workout resulting into a more effiecent workout as well as better recovery time and stamina.

I've taken Black Powder NO and I am currently taking Super Pump 250. With both of these before the intial workout it gives me gas and it feels like I have to go to the bathroom badly, but after my pre-workout piss and the moment I start to workout it goes away. I don't know if it is the placebo effect, but I get a better/harder workout and I am considering never working out w/o taking a NO supplement beforehand.

Vinnie_Johnson
01-04-2009, 09:13 PM

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/bsn/xplode.html

Yes it really works well and I don't feel nervous or like I half to go to the bathroom.

desflood
01-05-2009, 09:52 AM
My husband swears by P90x. He's lost about 25 lbs. (he's 6'4", and is at around 225-230 now) and is trying to get to 210-215. Having three kids in five years really took it's toll on my body and I'd like to lose quite a bit myself. :lol

ATRAIN
01-05-2009, 09:57 AM
My husband swears by P90x. He's lost about 25 lbs. (he's 6'4", and is at around 225-230 now) and is trying to get to 210-215. Having three kids in five years really took it's toll on my body and I'd like to lose quite a bit myself. :lol

One of my buddies wants me to do P90x with him. He is ordering it and leaving it at my place so I think ill give it a go.

JoeChalupa
01-05-2009, 10:36 AM
Okay, I'm 5'6"
Weighed myself this morning
167 lbs. On my bathroom scale which isn't the most accurate but I'll use the same one everytime.
I checked a height to body weight and I'd say I'm a medium body frame?

5'6"

small frame
120-133

medium
130-144

large
140-159

I'll try to get to 150 and firm up.
I'm using old school exercise like I always have.
Some walking and move up to some running.
Some free weights and that is all.
Nothing fancy and no additional expense.
Let's see what happens.
It is on baby!!!!

romad_20
01-05-2009, 10:41 AM
I've done Body for Life for the past two years with good results but I'm looking for something new this year. I was about 185lbs when I started two years ago and now stay right around 169lbs, at 5'10".

I'm in pretty good shape, I can run 8 miles in a little over an hour, I just need something to cut up and build back a little of my muscle. Maybe get back to around a solid 180lbs. I was interested in P90X but I don't think I have the money or that amount of time for it.

Does anyone have any 3 times a week workouts they'd like to share? I'm good on nutrition and cardio.

P.S. That Nike+ Ipod program is awesome for motivation for running. I’ve never run so much in my life, on my own anyway, since I got that thing in Oct. It only works for the Nano, so if you have one and are interested in starting to run, check it out!

Heath Ledger
01-05-2009, 11:06 AM
Power90x can be purchased for free at your local torrent dealer.

desflood
01-05-2009, 11:07 AM
purchased for free
Oxymoron of the day.

romad_20
01-05-2009, 11:25 AM

Isn't it an everyday program? I don't have the time for that right now, unfortunately. I'm working full time, school full time and a new dog that likes to piss in my house every time I'm not watching him so my hands are full for the foreseeable future.

I would like to keep my workouts to around 45 mins max. I think I'm just going to buy a workout journal and create my own workouts that fit into that time frame.

Heath Ledger
01-05-2009, 11:36 AM
Oxymoron of the day.

Its called sarcasm jackass.

desflood
01-05-2009, 11:51 AM
:lol

It's called humor, jackass.

ATRAIN
01-05-2009, 11:53 AM

True that I never even thought of that and I dont know why. Does the torrent have the meal plan and all the stuff that it comes with?

Vinnie_Johnson
01-05-2009, 04:06 PM
For anyone really interested in PX90 or other beachbody programs just pony up and pay for the program you need all the guides and nutritional info to be successful.

Heath Ledger
01-05-2009, 04:33 PM
Nice referral link there, what do you get 20 percent? If you do enough homework you can get plenty of results without the nutrition guide.

Vinnie_Johnson
01-05-2009, 04:54 PM
Nice referral link there, what do you get 20 percent? If you do enough homework you can get plenty of results without the nutrition guide.

Yeah your right I took it down but the nutrition is a real key to the program.

phyzik
01-05-2009, 04:56 PM
Ectomorph - An Ectomorph is naturally thin and skinny. People who belong to the Ectomorph body type are sometimes called 'hardgainers'. Since an Ectomorph is a walking calorie furnace, you burn up most of your calories before they can even feed your muscles for your muscles to grow. You probably have tried everything that you possibly can to gain weight and yet, that extra pound or two is always elusive.

I always wondered what the scientific term was for why I cant gain weight or muscle mass very easily. Im about 5'10" and am currently at a whopping 145 pounds (said with sarcasm). I was at one point able to get up to around 185 but I had to practically gorge on food for most of the day. That took me 5 months to achieve. I was back down to 150 or so within about a month.

People hate me. :lol

The Reckoning
01-05-2009, 04:58 PM
:lmao people trying to lose weight

DarrinS
01-05-2009, 05:08 PM
I've never been a big fan of "fit quick" plans like p90x. It seems to be really strict in terms of specific diet and excercises. You have to be very disciplined to follow it, so I know I'd probably screw it up at some point.

If you can just lower your carlorie intake a little bit and do some moderate amount of exercise, you should be able to drop weight, albeit at a slower pace.

Vinnie_Johnson
01-05-2009, 05:53 PM
I've never been a big fan of "fit quick" plans like p90x. It seems to be really strict in terms of specific diet and excercises. You have to be very disciplined to follow it, so I know I'd probably screw it up at some point.

If you can just lower your carlorie intake a little bit and do some moderate amount of exercise, you should be able to drop weight, albeit at a slower pace.

I agree px90 is not a weight loss program it is intended to build muscle and lean down at the same time. It is also misleading to think it is only a 90 day program sure you will have great results after 90 days but most people continue the program and switch it up with The Plus program that came out last year. But whatever method you use you need to stay with it once bad habits come back so does the weight.

lefty
01-05-2009, 10:40 PM
Great motivation thread.

I know I won't be able to go to the gym for the next 4 weeks (personal reasons).

But after that, it's on baby!

Vinnie_Johnson
01-06-2009, 10:35 PM
Hey Heath,

How are the workouts going?

Heath Ledger
01-07-2009, 12:37 AM
So far so good, doing 45 mins to hour of cardio per day. Sticking to pretty strict diet. I will do a weigh in weekly. So Monday morning will be my first weigh in since starting at 208.

Vinnie_Johnson
01-07-2009, 12:46 AM
So far so good, doing 45 mins to hour of cardio per day. Sticking to pretty strict diet. I will do a weigh in weekly. So Monday morning will be my first weigh in since starting at 208.

Good deal stick with it.

DarrinS
01-08-2009, 08:58 AM

If that doesn't work, nothing will. That's a serious amount of cardio.

Good luck to you.

florige
01-08-2009, 09:03 AM
I lost some weight in 2008. In August I started out at a (very snug)size 10. Now I am loose size 6 and some 4's. I have about 10 more lbs I want to lose by my birthday in march.
I'm eating very small (approx.100 calories) meals about every 2-3 hours through my day and one lean and green meal. This consists of 4-7 oz of beef, chicken or fish & several serving of low carb vegetables (ie. salad cucumbers, celery, tomato) My weight loss has been slow and consistent. I am very happy with the results. My husband dropped 30 lbs in 6 weeks. He went from 230 down to 198. His goal is to hit 185.

Weight loss for you?

florige
01-08-2009, 09:05 AM
Where is the workout guru Norcal to set you people on track?

ATRAIN
01-08-2009, 09:08 AM

Yes it really works well and I don't feel nervous or like I half to go to the bathroom.

I think im going to get some of this. How long before you lift do you have to take this?

florige
01-08-2009, 09:10 AM

Hey Heath, what RPM are you up to now on the treadmill? I normally run around 6.1 for 20 minutes and my final minute I crank it up to 8.3.

ATRAIN
01-08-2009, 09:12 AM
Hey Heath, what RPM are you up to now on the treadmill? I normally run around 6.1 for 20 minutes and my final minute I crank it up to 8.3.

4.0 with a 10.0 incline for 30 mins is where its at.

florige
01-08-2009, 09:20 AM
I think im going to get some of this. How long before you lift do you have to take this?

I thought you only took uncut, unsaturated, pure steroid right off the boat?

ATRAIN
01-08-2009, 09:21 AM
I thought you only took uncut, unsaturated, pure steroid right off the boat?

im trying to mix it up

florige
01-08-2009, 09:22 AM
4.0 with a 10.0 incline for 30 mins is where its at.

I'd rather run faster and hurry and get off. The longer you stay on the more fat you burn, but you also burn more muscle too.

florige
01-08-2009, 09:23 AM
im trying to mix it up

oh...:lol

ATRAIN
01-08-2009, 09:24 AM
I'd rather run faster and hurry and get off. The longer you stay on the more fat you burn, but you also burn more muscle too.

Thats why you got to maintain your target heart rate man, dont you know anything lmao

florige
01-08-2009, 09:37 AM
Thats why you got to maintain your target heart rate man, dont you know anything lmao

So you walk briskly on the treadmill?

ATRAIN
01-08-2009, 09:52 AM
So you walk briskly on the treadmill?

Yeah just trying to maintain the target heart rate, plus its easier on the knees

florige
01-08-2009, 09:56 AM
Yeah just trying to maintain the target heart rate, plus its easier on the knees

Yeah that 10 incline is a beast I can imagine.

ATRAIN
01-08-2009, 10:07 AM
Yeah that 10 incline is a beast I can imagine.

at that pace with that incline I sweat more than jogging.

Heath Ledger
01-08-2009, 01:49 PM
Right now 3.0-3.5 with an incline of 7 or 8 is doing it for me, as I adapt i can crank it up a bit but this is enough to keep my heart rate in its fat loss zone right now.

Sometimes i mix it up with some joggin/running but for the most part brisk walking is all i used last year when i lost close to 30lbs in about 45ish days.

ATRAIN
01-08-2009, 01:53 PM
Right now 3.0-3.5 with an incline of 7 or 8 is doing it for me, as I adapt i can crank it up a bit but this is enough to keep my heart rate in its fat loss zone right now.

Sometimes i mix it up with some joggin/running but for the most part brisk walking is all i used last year when i lost close to 30lbs in about 45ish days.

Damn 30 in a month and a half and all you did was walk. Was that every day? How long do you walk?

Heath Ledger
01-08-2009, 02:14 PM
45mins to an hour i was also doing lots of pushups, curls and shoulder presses few other exercises during that period a few times a week with fairly light weights 25lbs on the dumbbells

not to mention eating right. i did lose some muscle during that phase but im okay with it.

Typical day of eating but im not perfect do slip up from time to time

Breakfast (after cardio)

1 bowl of oatmeal(1 cup dry) with 2 tablespoons honey, 1 sliced banaa

morning snack
1 banana or a handful of cashews

lunch
1 turkey sandwich with mustard no cheese whole wheat bread with piece of fruit, banana apple etc

afternoon snack
banana or piece of fruit and a protein shake

dinner
1 chicken breat with a salad, or green vegetables (broccoli) I alternate between greens and a sweet poatoe or baked potatoe

before dinner protein shake.

If i get a sweet craving i try to limit myself to a piece of fruit.

Oh and did I mention lots of water and green tea.(unsweetened)

Vinnie_Johnson
01-08-2009, 03:51 PM

30 min it starts to kick in. No crash after either.

Vinnie_Johnson
01-08-2009, 03:56 PM
at that pace with that incline I sweat more than jogging.

I do 15 incline at 3.6 to 3.8 yes I have a hand on the rail too 30 min will do ya.

Vinnie_Johnson
01-08-2009, 04:00 PM
45mins to an hour i was also doing lots of pushups, curls and shoulder presses few other exercises during that period a few times a week with fairly light weights 25lbs on the dumbbells

not to mention eating right. i did lose some muscle during that phase but im okay with it.

Typical day of eating but im not perfect do slip up from time to time

Breakfast (after cardio)

1 bowl of oatmeal(1 cup dry) with 2 tablespoons honey, 1 sliced banaa

morning snack
1 banana or a handful of cashews

lunch
1 turkey sandwich with mustard no cheese whole wheat bread with piece of fruit, banana apple etc

afternoon snack
banana or piece of fruit and a protein shake

dinner
1 chicken breat with a salad, or green vegetables (broccoli) I alternate between greens and a sweet poatoe or baked potatoe

before dinner protein shake.

If i get a sweet craving i try to limit myself to a piece of fruit.

Oh and did I mention lots of water and green tea.(unsweetened)

Sounds good I thought after Dan Quayle no one would ever miss spell Potato again?

http://www.nndb.com/people/781/000024709/dan-quayle.jpg

Heath Ledger
01-08-2009, 04:19 PM
I was actually a state spelling bee champion in eight grade :)

JoeChalupa
01-09-2009, 08:32 AM
Okay, I'm 5'6"
Weighed myself this morning
167 lbs. On my bathroom scale which isn't the most accurate but I'll use the same one everytime.
I checked a height to body weight and I'd say I'm a medium body frame?

5'6"

small frame
120-133

medium
130-144

large
140-159

I'll try to get to 150 and firm up.
I'm using old school exercise like I always have.
Some walking and move up to some running.
Some free weights and that is all.
Nothing fancy and no additional expense.
Let's see what happens.
It is on baby!!!!

Morning weigh in - 161 lbs.
Walking and eating smaller meals 5 times a day

florige
01-09-2009, 08:41 AM
I do 15 incline at 3.6 to 3.8 yes I have a hand on the rail too 30 min will do ya.

15 incline!?!?:wow What the hell kinda treadmills do they have at your gym? :lol
Has anyone here ever tried that machine that is similiar to a treadmill, but the two sides of it goes up and down as you walk? That looks like it could be a pretty intense workout as well.

I. Hustle
01-09-2009, 08:50 AM
Here is my diet for those of you that want to look like me

Breakfast:

pizza from night before
or
breakfast tacos
or
kolaches

washed down with a soda

snack:

a miniature candy bar that I steal from my boss' office

or

a doughnut

Lunch:

a hamburger
or
pizza
or
mexican food
or
chinese food

wash down with a few refills of tea or soda

snack:

another stolen candy

Dinner:

Fried something
or
burgers
or
tacos
or
italian
or
Cuban

ice cream

wash down with soda or beer or tea

I know it seems impossible but I know if you are diligent and really train yourself you can get there.

florige
01-09-2009, 08:54 AM
Here is my diet for those of you that want to look like me

Breakfast:

pizza from night before
or
breakfast tacos
or
kolaches

washed down with a soda

snack:

a miniature candy bar that I steal from my boss' office

or

a doughnut

Lunch:

a hamburger
or
pizza
or
mexican food
or
chinese food

wash down with a few refills of tea or soda

snack:

another stolen candy

Dinner:

Fried something
or
burgers
or
tacos
or
italian
or
Cuban

ice cream

wash down with soda or beer or tea

I know it seems impossible but I know if you are diligent and really train yourself you can get there.

Thats it? You suck as an eater dude.:lol

I. Hustle
01-09-2009, 09:09 AM
Thats it? You suck as an eater dude.:lol

I forgot to put quantity.

Whatever the proper portions are times 3

florige
01-09-2009, 09:11 AM
I forgot to put quantity.

Whatever the proper portions are times 3

Thats better!

I. Hustle
01-09-2009, 09:15 AM
Thanks

I don't want to cheat people. It takes alot of work to look the way I do

florige
01-09-2009, 09:18 AM
Thanks

I don't want to cheat people. It takes alot of work to look the way I do

Dr. Gonzo
01-09-2009, 05:15 PM
I lost weight over the past 4 months by decreasing my calorie intake by about 1500 a day. I no longer drink 12-20 beers a night.

That's my diet.

50 cent
01-09-2009, 07:36 PM
I'm in.

I'm 6'0" and have let myself go for the last 2 years. Business travel and a lot drinking have been the main culprits.

I need to be around 195 to 200 to be happy.

I balooned all the way up to 235 by this past October. My mom was very sick and I was stressed, drinking way too much, and weighed in at 250 exactly by the end of 2008. I have never been fat, nobody in family (dad's side) is fat, but here I find myself looking ridiculous.

Luckily, my frame spreads weight pretty well, but when I see myself in pictures, I can't believe my face is that fucking fat. I'm done with it.

So, I started Nutrisystem this week and I have already dropped 8 lbs. I'm going to bust it like crazy until I get back to 215 or so (I'm hoping by March 1st).

florige
01-09-2009, 10:46 PM
I lost weight over the past 4 months by decreasing my calorie intake by about 1500 a day. I no longer drink 12-20 beers a night.

That's my diet.

Good job Steve-O. Keep it up!

lefty
01-10-2009, 12:00 AM
If you still have excuses after reading that article....

I mean, this guy is the ultimate example of no excuse :tu

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/nick_scott.htm

AFBlue
01-10-2009, 11:01 PM
Alright, I'm game....

Weighed in at 220 this morning, so I've lost 3lbs in a week.

Not doing anything extreme so far, just running (6 of 7 days) and making smarter choices for meals. I'm going to start the 30-day combined strength and cardio program tomorrow.

Heath Ledger
01-12-2009, 04:55 PM
202 lbs today so I've lost 6lbs my first week.

jman3000
01-15-2009, 11:30 AM
I'd be down to lose about 10 pounds before late spring.

I'm about 205ish now. i naturally have a large build, so i doubt i'd look healthy below 180... so i reckon ill shoot for 195-190.

more than losing weight id like to get my stamina up. i can run 2 miles in about 14 minutes... i'd like to be able to drop that to 13. i didnt read any of the other thread... what are the things people are doing to drop the weight?

beefanus
01-15-2009, 04:55 PM
i hate the people on all kinds of tv add diets that think drinking diet coke and being on those will make them skinny. it pisses me off, you fat fucks get out of bed and go work out!

AFBlue
01-19-2009, 08:04 PM
Weighed in at 220 this morning, so I've lost 3lbs in a week.

Not doing anything extreme so far, just running (6 of 7 days) and making smarter choices for meals. I'm going to start the 30-day combined strength and cardio program tomorrow.

219 yesterday, but 9 days into that program and I really feel/see the difference. I'm toning up and building muscle, which accounts for the lack of big weight loss.

Not ready to take before/after photos yet...but at least I feel there is progress being made.

Vinnie_Johnson
01-19-2009, 09:27 PM
219 yesterday, but 9 days into that program and I really feel/see the difference. I'm toning up and building muscle, which accounts for the lack of big weight loss.

Not ready to take before/after photos yet...but at least I feel there is progress being made.

If your doing p90x you might not see a ton of weight in your first 30 days what you will see is your clothes getting baggy. Plus adding muscle weighs more the fat you are losing.

AFBlue
01-19-2009, 09:40 PM
If your doing p90x you might not see a ton of weight in your first 30 days what you will see is your clothes getting baggy. Plus adding muscle weighs more the fat you are losing.

Doing the 30-day program prior to starting up P90X. I'm also running a couple miles a day with my wife.

But to your point...I notice the clothes feeling looser. I definitely have more work to do, but so far so good!

Vinnie_Johnson
01-20-2009, 12:08 AM
Doing the 30-day program prior to starting up P90X. I'm also running a couple miles a day with my wife.

But to your point...I notice the clothes feeling looser. I definitely have more work to do, but so far so good!

What is the 30 day program?

IronMexican
01-20-2009, 12:12 AM
I am trying to add muscle to myself. I quit driinking beer, soda, and stopped smoking weed.

Vinnie_Johnson
01-20-2009, 01:45 AM
I am trying to add muscle to myself. I quit driinking beer, soda, and stopped smoking weed.

That's a huge step in the right direction. :toast

AFBlue
01-20-2009, 05:09 PM
What is the 30 day program?

Some Biggest Loser inspired thing...doing it along with my wife. Basically it's a 20-25min workout with combined strength (upper and lower body), cardio, and abs...stepping up to the next level at 10-day intervals.

I figure it will be a good pre-requisite to the 50-60min, 90-day workout for P90X.

Vinnie_Johnson
01-20-2009, 09:51 PM
Some Biggest Loser inspired thing...doing it along with my wife. Basically it's a 20-25min workout with combined strength (upper and lower body), cardio, and abs...stepping up to the next level at 10-day intervals.

I figure it will be a good pre-requisite to the 50-60min, 90-day workout for P90X.

When you do px90 are you going to do classic or lean?

AFBlue
01-20-2009, 10:50 PM
When you do px90 are you going to do classic or lean?

I don't even know what that means...because I'm getting the DVD's second-hand most likely. I'll definitely need the guides before I start the program.

But, I think if I had the guides I could do P90X classic.

Les Grossman
01-21-2009, 01:47 PM
Who is the fattest motherfucker in here?

Chief
01-21-2009, 07:25 PM
I envy you all that are able to lose weight. I've tried numerous diets to lose weight and have ultimately failed at them, I'm at the point where I'm beginning to just think this is the way i'll be for the rest of my life.

I get extremely motivated but by the time I get home I wanna do nothing but sit on the couch n watch t.v. and then go to sleep.

romad_20
01-22-2009, 12:48 PM
I envy you all that are able to lose weight. I've tried numerous diets to lose weight and have ultimately failed at them, I'm at the point where I'm beginning to just think this is the way i'll be for the rest of my life.

I get extremely motivated but by the time I get home I wanna do nothing but sit on the couch n watch t.v. and then go to sleep.

Starting is the hardest part. You're out of shape, so you're not going to have the energy and drive in the beginning, you just have to make yourself. I would try writing down your goals in the morning then marking them off as the day goes by. That helps make them more "real" and kind of guilts you into doing it. Just think of it as an extension of your daily work that you have to do. Once you 2 or 3 weeks in you'll start to really feel better and have much more energy.

Also, as many people have said on here, eating correctly will significantly increase your energy. Fatty, greasy food are just going to make you feel lazy and lethargic. Stick with it and don't just accept it as the way you will be for the rest of your life. Good luck!

Frenzy
01-22-2009, 05:44 PM
Who is the fattest motherfucker in here?
prob that dude in blue up top of the page in that fake picture

boutons_
01-22-2009, 09:35 PM
If nutrition is not revised drastically away from S.A.D., Standard American Diet, then don't even bother.

The key to losing weight and maintaining leanness is nutrition, not exercise. Exercise is great, but 50% of exercisers fail to maintain an exercise program beyond 6 months, and almost nobody past 1 year.

So thinking exercise is the key, is necessary to weight loss is setting yourself up to fail.

From what I've been eating, and from what I've been reading, Mediterranean nutrition (not diet) is the most viable for weight loss without

The physics is very simple. You must eat less calories than you burn, you lose weight.

And much better if you eat the highest quality, fresh foods, ie, veg, fruit, nuts, seeds, certain vegetable oils.

If man made it, don't put it in your mouth.

If it doesn't rot, don't eat it.

Fatties who "medicalize" their fat, who let the medical profession sucker them into becoming a medical problem, are of course lying to themselves.

AFBlue
01-25-2009, 07:52 PM

Down to 216 and sticking with the 30-day program.

IronMexican
01-25-2009, 10:33 PM

I had about ten beers yesterday, but it was a good 2 month run. I am still not drinking soda, though.

Duff McCartney
01-25-2009, 10:39 PM
I've lost quite a bit of weight since I started going to the gym last January. It was a big revelation I had one night and I decided to do something. Add to that the fact that I've been a teetotaler for closing in on two years and a vegetarian for 5 months I've been dropping some weight.

I don't know how much since I don't really pay much attention to it. I've noticed small changes here and there.

Trainwreck2100
01-28-2009, 04:18 PM
lost 8 pounds so far

chode_regulator
01-28-2009, 05:22 PM

this last time i half assed started going to gym again i bought no xplode. i didnt really care for it. i prefer nano vapor which i took the last time i seriously worked out for an ext time. tastes better to me and didnt make me feel jittery. just focused. mixed the vapor with syntha 6 and saw good results.

for everyone here trying to lose weight are you still taking protein shakes?

Vinnie_Johnson
01-29-2009, 01:02 AM
this last time i half assed started going to gym again i bought no xplode. i didnt really care for it. i prefer nano vapor which i took the last time i seriously worked out for an ext time. tastes better to me and didnt make me feel jittery. just focused. mixed the vapor with syntha 6 and saw good results.

for everyone here trying to lose weight are you still taking protein shakes?

I might try the Nano if it tastes good. Protein shakes are a great choice for anyone who wants to lose weight a great meal replacement.

mystargtr34
01-29-2009, 03:43 AM
Thought i might find something worthwhile in the Club.

What else are you guys on. NO, Creatine, Protein...?

Since were on the topic of supps ill share a bit of a life story.

I started Gym when i was 18 at about 6'3" 170 and rail thin. During my first year i was clean off all substances, i was only taking Protein (i dont count that :)) and going at least 4 times a week and about an hour a session isolating muscle groups (ie biceps, triceps, chest etc on seperate days). First year i got up to 180 without gaining any fat which was a noticable gain in muscle but for the amount of work i put in i didnt think it was crash hot.

After my first year, i hit a bit of a wall and struggled to put on more muscle, so i went all out and got on NO, Creatine, Vitamins and increased my protein intake. In the 8-10 months since then ive gone from 180 to about 200 on 7% BF without changing my routine that much. Im about 6'4" now so im not super bulked or anyting like that, but considering where i was, the supps have done a pretty amazing job.

Im not a gym junkie either, it doesnt take hours a day or going every day of the week. You need dedication, but with a good set routine, i think 4 times a week minimum, for 45 minutes minimum, is enough to put on good muscle with a bit of assistance from supplements.

Out of Nano and NO Xplode id go with naNO Vapour. Ive been on 2 rounds of each and both work well, but the Vapour gave me a slightly better pump. I found Xplode would wear off within 45 minutes, while Nano gave a pump for the entire session, even up to an hour and a half.

Also, i found it impossible to take NO Xplode 2 times a day, regardless of serving size - i would get head spins and diziness as soon as i consumed my second serve within 24 hours. With NaNO, you could break up your serves if you wanted to go twice in the same day. Obviously thats not the most convenient thing to do but i work FIFO when im not at Uni, so i often go twice a day cause im bored shitless during the day.

But yea, good resolution and thread. :lol

chode_regulator
02-01-2009, 12:16 PM
I might try the Nano if it tastes good. Protein shakes are a great choice for anyone who wants to lose weight a great meal replacement.

to me nano is head and shoulders above no xplode in taste and effectiveness. plus with nox i usually have to wait like it says before i work out and then had to drive to the gym feeling all jittery. with nano i would mix it and drink it while walking to the gym and it was kicked in by the time i got htere. and for me nox makes me too jittery, nano just makes me feel focused. i would get done wtih an hour in the gym and feel like i had just gotten there and could have kept going except i had to go back to work.

mystargtr34
02-01-2009, 07:00 PM
to me nano is head and shoulders above no xplode in taste and effectiveness. plus with nox i usually have to wait like it says before i work out and then had to drive to the gym feeling all jittery. with nano i would mix it and drink it while walking to the gym and it was kicked in by the time i got htere. and for me nox makes me too jittery, nano just makes me feel focused. i would get done wtih an hour in the gym and feel like i had just gotten there and could have kept going except i had to go back to work.

I agree Nano > No Xplode.

Im thinking of trying Superpump 250 by Gaspari, i heard thats up there.

Has anyone tried it?

jman3000
02-01-2009, 07:29 PM
I've lost 5 pounds in a month from running at night at switching between pushups/situps everyday.

Haven't changed my diet at all... as a matter of fact I ate a large pizza by myself at a party last week.

Vinnie_Johnson
02-02-2009, 09:28 PM
Where is Heath? Off eating Doughnuts?

AFBlue
02-03-2009, 11:47 PM
Down to 215, but I fell off the wagon with the 30-day program (conference out of town last week...couldn't bring the dumbells).

Still, I've been eating healthy, running and exercising on a daily basis. I think I'm going to start back up with phase 2 tomorrow (second 10-day stint) and get back on track so I can build up to P90X.

So that's 8 pounds of weight loss in a month...progress.

Vinnie_Johnson
02-04-2009, 01:58 AM
Down to 215, but I fell off the wagon with the 30-day program (conference out of town last week...couldn't bring the dumbells).

Still, I've been eating healthy, running and exercising on a daily basis. I think I'm going to start back up with phase 2 tomorrow (second 10-day stint) and get back on track so I can build up to P90X.

So that's 8 pounds of weight loss in a month...progress.

Good job stay with it.:toast

desflood
02-04-2009, 03:38 PM
When the aliens come, they're going to eat the fat ones first.

Vinnie_Johnson
02-04-2009, 11:57 PM
When the aliens come, they're going to eat the fat ones first.

Is that because the in shape people will out run them?

desflood
02-05-2009, 12:39 PM

You didn't hear about this? A few years back some gym chain was looking to drum up business and put that slogan up on a few billboards. Some organization (I don't recall if it was the ADA or what) made a big stink about it and made them take all the signs down.

I thought it was pretty damn funny.

Vinnie_Johnson
02-05-2009, 11:54 PM

You didn't hear about this? A few years back some gym chain was looking to drum up business and put that slogan up on a few billboards. Some organization (I don't recall if it was the ADA or what) made a big stink about it and made them take all the signs down.

I thought it was pretty damn funny.

It is darn you can eat bad and get big but you can't take a joke. Come on now:lol

AFBlue
02-07-2009, 11:19 AM
213 yesterday

smeagol
02-09-2009, 03:54 PM
I decided it was enough when I saw I was rapidly apporaching 230 lbs (end of September, last year). I started running on the treadmill and bought a bycicle to exercise at home.

My routine consisted of exercise three/four times a week. Jogging or cycling for one hour. In december I added daily push ups and sit ups (ususally twice a day).

Despite a two week summer vacation brake in January, I have kept the routine pretty consistent. I weighed 227 lbs in early October and have managed to bring that down to 202 (as of this morning).

I need to lose another 10 / 15 lbs before I start putting on some muscle, although the situps and push ups are changing the way I look.

josh0414
02-16-2009, 11:56 AM
Last March I Started going to the gym and changed the way I ate. Doing that I lost 45 pounds. Now that I lost all the weight I wanted to I eat what I want but still go to the gym. That way I maintain, just as long as I don't start gaining weight back I am happy!:downspin:

IronMexican
02-17-2009, 05:18 PM
I am the skinniest I've been since I was tweaking two years ago:) I am also feeling good about myself.

robino2001
02-17-2009, 10:13 PM
I'd been working pretty hard (in addition to normal) to drop weight the past few weeks but nothings was falling off any more even with pushing much harder than normal. I figured I finally just hit a wall after major weight loss the past year. The battery in my scale had been dying as of late - it finally died - I replaced it today and poof... I'm 15 lbs lighter than I was this morning. I knew all of the hard work had to be doing something.

The moral of the story - if you want to lose weight - just buy a new battery for your scale.

AFBlue
02-19-2009, 10:45 PM
I'm down to 210 as of this morning....so that's 13lbs lost in 7 weeks or so. And the best part is that I've toned up, so the true fat loss is probably more.

desflood
02-23-2009, 09:54 AM
Nice job, guys. Keep it up.

There must be something to this water thing. I bought a little half-gallon water bottle last week and have been drinking it dry every day - lost three pounds so far.

Maybe next I'll give that new-fangled "exercise" a try.

AFBlue
02-27-2009, 04:26 PM
208 this morning

boutons_
03-01-2009, 07:45 PM
some real "duh" science:

Diets That Reduce Calories Lead to Weight Loss, Regardless of Carbohydrate, Protein or Fat Content

http://www.scienceblog.com/cms/diets-reduce-calories-lead-weight-loss-regardless-carbohydrate-protein-or-fat-content-18959.html
Since most people fail after a few weeks or months to maintain an regular exercise at level that burns off significant calories, the best approach is burning more than you eat without exercise. This study is really a confirmation of well-known and effective practice of portion control.

However, eating small portions of crap food may lose the weight, the crap food is still pathogenic. Crap food is just about everything in the Standard American Diet.

BruceBowenFan
03-03-2009, 04:23 AM
Well i started last wedensday weighing in at 256 as of today i am at 249, i am taking Stacker3 XPLC one pill after each meal i am pretty impressed with the results.

David Bowie
03-03-2009, 04:14 PM
Serious Question.

My Boyfriend constantly drinks Pepsi (with caffiene) because he is tired all the time because of meds that he takes. He hates coffee.

Soda is unhealthy, has tons of sugar and also makes you pack on the punds. Energy drinks, which he drinks sometimes, also have a ton of sugar and calories.

Is there any healthy way to get more energy without taking some kind of energy pills?

Thanks.

Sense
03-05-2009, 11:36 PM
5ft10 3/4"

wth that is weird dude...

I'm like 230 5"10 but my wasteline is like 34.

I think muscle weighs in

Thunder Dan
03-06-2009, 04:46 PM
Serious Question.

My Boyfriend constantly drinks Pepsi (with caffiene) because he is tired all the time because of meds that he takes. He hates coffee.

Soda is unhealthy, has tons of sugar and also makes you pack on the punds. Energy drinks, which he drinks sometimes, also have a ton of sugar and calories.

Is there any healthy way to get more energy without taking some kind of energy pills?

Thanks.

working out and eating right and eating often

and if that fails a little nose candy will wake him right up and shed the pounds

desflood
03-07-2009, 02:18 PM
Another three lbs. gone this week. Still no change in exercise levels, though. Horribly unmotivated.

I read somewhere once that being dehydrated can decrease your energy by up to 30%. Must be true, because I've had a lot more energy this week on a lot less sleep.

MissAllThat
03-09-2009, 03:10 AM
Serious Question.

Thanks.

He could try diet soda/energy drinks. He could also take b12. Its not an energy pill, but rather vitamin b12 gives you energy. I also drink Cranergy. Its basically just cranberry juice fortified with b12 and other things that give you energy. It has less sugar/calories than sodas do and cranberry juice actually has benefits.

03-10-2009, 04:01 PM
I was slacking last week and didn't make it into the box at all.

There's a hellacious painstorm headed my way tonight.

Got a look at tonight's WOD.

Things are going to get messy.

2 rounds calesthenics

Warmup: 3 rounds 50M Frog Jumps

WOD:

AMRAP 5 minutes of Cindy (5 pullups/10 pushups/15 air squats)

Rest 3 minutes

Tabata Row for 5 minutes (20 seconds max effort/10 seconds rest on a continuous clock)

Rest 3 minutes

AMRAP 5 minutes of:
20 box jumps
20 lunges

november28
03-19-2009, 03:02 PM

do you find yourself being hungry? And what are some examples of meals that are only 100 calories? That seems tiny to me...that's almost just a special k bar! I guess salads can be around there?

Yuixafun
03-24-2009, 01:40 AM
Sugges he take B vitamins and to start running or some sort of exercise that elevates his heart rate. Start off light and then gradually build up.

Caffeine and energy drinks are not a substitute for sleep. He probably has an overtaxxed adrenal gland. A few hours of extra sleep during the week will do wonders.

He might want to also look into a detox or cleanse. After a while your body becomes bogged down due to all the toxins taken in through food, air, etc.. and it accumulates.

Your body does its best to break it down, but If he's drinking all that soda plus eating poorly, that build up affects the body's ability to work efficiently as it is forced to expend more energy to do less work.

Drinking more water too won't hurt.

Don Quixote
03-31-2009, 11:52 PM
Wow. I am impressed with all the health and weight loss around here. For awhile there, I was preparing to lift up some STers with a forklift, stick their asses on a flatbed truck, and drive them to Burbank for the new season of The Biggest Porker.

I guess we won't have to now.

E20
04-05-2009, 09:13 PM
Serious Question.

Thanks.

B-Vitamins. Buy a B-Vitamin complex and make him take it, the B group plays a role in metabolism, energy transfer and converting the food you eat into energy.

Working out and just plain eating better will help energy levels as well.

E20
04-05-2009, 09:13 PM
I've gained 6 pounds.

spurs_50_21
04-12-2009, 10:22 AM

Me first.

Goal Weight 185
Current Waistline 38"

seems to get the job done
Crohn's disease

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crohn's_disease

spurs_50_21
04-12-2009, 10:26 AM
Serious Question.

Thanks.

xanix?

b12 and sprite

METALMiKE
04-13-2009, 05:47 PM
Serious Question.

Thanks.

Tell him to Drink Pepsi One or Pepsi Max instead.

tsb2000
05-07-2009, 04:25 PM
Any soda, diet or not, alters insulin levels. The body thinks diet soda has sugar since it's sweet. Diet Coke will put weight on you just like regular coke.

Trainwreck2100
05-13-2009, 12:08 AM
so i fell off the wagon and just got back on starting last week. I started swimmin, drinking a shitload of water and 110 calorie carb control shakes for lunch eat a 90 cal special k bar for dinner I lost 8 pounds and went from 225 to 217. I'm assuming its not going to be that big a drop all the time, but why was it that big a drop?

E20
05-13-2009, 10:14 AM
so i fell off the wagon and just got back on starting last week. I started swimmin, drinking a shitload of water and 110 calorie carb control shakes for lunch eat a 90 cal special k bar for dinner I lost 8 pounds and went from 225 to 217. I'm assuming its not going to be that big a drop all the time, but why was it that big a drop?
If you eat what you normally do it will probably jump back up to your original weight in 2 days, I don't know why it's like that, but when you first start a diet you lose weight on the scale, but if you fuck up once you'll gain it all again. Also probably because you're young and have a fast metabolisim.

Clutch City 01
05-14-2009, 07:39 PM
Dietary control and exercise. It’s true what they say - all you need to do is watch what you eat, and expend more energy than you consume. It’s really that simple. You can quit reading this list now, you now know everything you need to know and didn’t need to fork over $500 for the privilege of me telling you the secret of losing weight. You don’t need to read a 4,000 page book, you don’t have to buy a tape series, you don’t need to stay up late at night to watch infomercials to understand this basic premise. It’s 100% true.

urunobili
05-20-2009, 09:45 AM
Avoid eating any carbohydrates for dinner is the best tip i can share...

I had a 364 cholesterol level before my doctor forced me to start a diet or get into Cholesterol pills thing that i didnt want... i lost 14 kilos (30 pounds) in 6 months with the Low Cholesterol diet... Basically you have to put something in your mouth to eat every two hours and again DO NOT EAT CARBOHYDRATES AT NIGHT...

That's the best i could share with y'all

lefty
05-25-2009, 09:41 AM
Ok,

Went back to the gym last week after a long layoff; I just did cardio, and from now on it's gonna be both weight lifting and cardio.

I also have been taking CLA and it's really helping :tu

Heath Ledger
05-26-2009, 01:26 PM
Update i now weigh 195 in a 34 inch waist.

Heath Ledger
05-26-2009, 01:28 PM
If you eat what you normally do it will probably jump back up to your original weight in 2 days, I don't know why it's like that, but when you first start a diet you lose weight on the scale, but if you fuck up once you'll gain it all again. Also probably because you're young and have a fast metabolisim.

For the record I drink a shit ton of diet soda and was able to lose weight without any problems. I drink 8-10 sometimes 12 a day.

Heath Ledger
05-26-2009, 01:30 PM
wth that is weird dude...

I'm like 230 5"10 but my wasteline is like 34.

I think muscle weighs in

Thats the thing im wasn't fat anywhere else but my gut and around the waistline however Im down to 34 " waist now.

I have a pretty muscular frame, with big chest and shoulders.

Trainwreck2100
05-26-2009, 04:31 PM
down to 214

urunobili
05-27-2009, 10:46 AM
:ttiwwp:

ATRAIN
06-02-2009, 09:16 AM
has anyone here tried the P90x?

stretch
06-04-2009, 11:00 AM
has anyone here tried the P90x?

friend of mine is in the middle of it. its worked out really well for him. he has lost like almost 20 lbs after the first 30 days.

ATRAIN
06-04-2009, 11:02 AM
friend of mine is in the middle of it. its worked out really well for him. he has lost like almost 20 lbs after the first 30 days.

Yeah my friends brother in law lost 20 in 30 days as well. Thing was he wasnt even a fat guy so I guess it works. I am going to order it in about a week. I work out all the time but im curious if it works good. I know some people swear by it now.

Trainwreck2100
06-06-2009, 12:51 AM
Yeah my friends brother in law lost 20 in 30 days as well. Thing was he wasnt even a fat guy so I guess it works. I am going to order it in about a week. I work out all the time but im curious if it works good. I know some people swear by it now.

lmao @ paying for it

ATRAIN
06-08-2009, 01:48 PM
lmao @ paying for it

never said I was going to pay for it LOL, I ordered it from my local pirate.

stretch
06-08-2009, 01:50 PM

Yeah, same for my friend who did it. Actually, he was already in pretty good shape prior to it. I think hes on day 36 or something, and he is already having to buy new clothes. He's was pretty big (muscles) prior to the P90X, but now hes been getting a much more defined and chiseled look.

ATRAIN
06-08-2009, 02:21 PM
Yeah, same for my friend who did it. Actually, he was already in pretty good shape prior to it. I think hes on day 36 or something, and he is already having to buy new clothes. He's was pretty big (muscles) prior to the P90X, but now hes been getting a much more defined and chiseled look.

I stand corrected it took him 3 weeks for 20 lbs but I heard he is following the diet they give you to a tee.

Vinnie_Johnson
06-10-2009, 12:02 AM
I stand corrected it took him 3 weeks for 20 lbs but I heard he is following the diet they give you to a tee.

Very important follow the nutrition plan when you do round 1 for sure. I did two full rounds and a half a third round. I am 5-11 and weighed 192 with a 21% BF when I started back in Sept I am 170 and have a BF of 9% as of today. You can't go back to eating crappy if you want to keep your results.

Trainwreck2100
06-14-2009, 11:49 PM
i cant do a pullup so i cant do the p90x

ATRAIN
06-16-2009, 09:20 AM
Did day 1 of the P90x yesterday and holy crap that shit is intense but fun and good. I was sweating like a mofo and when the hour was done I was tired as shit. Day 2 today,.........BRING IT hahah (thats the thing they say I guess for motivation)

Vinnie_Johnson
06-17-2009, 12:21 AM
Did day 1 of the P90x yesterday and holy crap that shit is intense but fun and good. I was sweating like a mofo and when the hour was done I was tired as shit. Day 2 today,.........BRING IT hahah (thats the thing they say I guess for motivation)

Gotta love PLYOS you going to walk funny for days.:lol

Vinnie_Johnson
06-17-2009, 12:23 AM
i cant do a pullup so i cant do the p90x

You can still do it I could only do 2.5 maybe 3 when I started I can do 15 or more now. You can use a chair or bands instead.

ATRAIN
06-17-2009, 07:33 AM
Gotta love PLYOS you going to walk funny for days.:lol

Actually I am sore but its not that bad. My hamstrings and abs are sore. Other than that im good, im not bad shape so its not too bad after Day 2 - Cardio X. Today is arms and shoulders I think with the ab ripper. Damn after my cardio x session I was drenched, but it was some good shit.

ATRAIN
06-18-2009, 07:55 AM
Actually I am sore but its not that bad. My hamstrings and abs are sore. Other than that im good, im not bad shape so its not too bad after Day 2 - Cardio X. Today is arms and shoulders I think with the ab ripper. Damn after my cardio x session I was drenched, but it was some good shit.

Shoulders and arms were good and not that difficult. Today I think is the Yoga x. Ab ripper was short and sweet but it sucked too.

Vinnie_Johnson
06-18-2009, 07:04 PM
Shoulders and arms were good and not that difficult. Today I think is the Yoga x. Ab ripper was short and sweet but it sucked too.

Yoga I hope you like pain.

ATRAIN
06-19-2009, 07:49 AM
Yoga I hope you like pain.

HOLY SHIT that shit SUCKED and its the longest so far. Did you ever get used to it?

Vinnie_Johnson
06-19-2009, 10:02 AM
HOLY SHIT that shit SUCKED and its the longest so far. Did you ever get used to it?

Out of all the workouts that is the hardest hands down I ended up buying one of his other Yoga dvd's that is only 50 min. The thing about Yoga is it's pain pure pain and teaching yourself to handle it sucks. My friend really liked it and enjoyed it. I never really liked it and just put up with it at best but it is a very good workout if you have a heart rate monitor you will see just how many cal you burned.

ATRAIN
06-19-2009, 10:06 AM
Out of all the workouts that is the hardest hands down I ended up buying one of his other Yoga dvd's that is only 50 min. The thing about Yoga is it's pain pure pain and teaching yourself to handle it sucks. My friend really liked it and enjoyed it. I never really liked it and just put up with it at best but it is a very good workout if you have a heart rate monitor you will see just how many cal you burned.

Yeah man the sweat was dripping off. Ive been sore all week in different places lol.

Vinnie_Johnson
06-19-2009, 03:54 PM
Yeah man the sweat was dripping off. Ive been sore all week in different places lol.

Are you doing the Lean version? You should do Plyos..

ATRAIN
06-30-2009, 01:05 PM
Are you doing the Lean version? You should do Plyos..

Yeah, what is Plyos?

Bender
06-30-2009, 01:48 PM
I never heard of plyos until I visited this thread. Just google it. Plyometrics.

ATRAIN
06-30-2009, 01:53 PM
I never heard of plyos until I visited this thread. Just google it. Plyometrics.

Oh yeah they have that in the classic version of the P90x. Im going to do the classic when im finished with the lean program.

Vinnie_Johnson
07-01-2009, 11:22 PM
Oh yeah they have that in the classic version of the P90x. Im going to do the classic when im finished with the lean program.

Lean is the easy version are you that over weight?

Trainwreck2100
07-02-2009, 02:25 AM
I just started this new routine

its 6 supersets
pushups
barbell lunge

cable row
barbell front squat

standing shoulder press
leg curl

medicine ball woodchop
deadlift

pullup
v-up

dip
superman

all are done light weight high reps(12-20) and each superset was done 3 times. When i say lightweight i mean light weight i was deadlifting 95lbs cause i couldn't use a higher weight my legs were so torn up. This is just for the warmup 4 weeks of the program. The muscle building section starts after these long 4 weeks.

That shit took me an hour and a half

ATRAIN
07-02-2009, 07:41 AM
Lean is the easy version are you that over weight?

No but that was what my friend that im doing it with was going to do so we started with the lean, then moving on to classic when we are done with the lean.

florige
07-02-2009, 07:54 AM
I know one thing. I have got to start finding time to lift again. I can run for miles now, but last night I tried getting up 225 and all I could do was get it off the rack. Good thing my buddy was there spotting me. I just have to get my ass up earlier before I go in at night and get to the gym a 1/2 earlier so I can get my cardio and lifting in. They are not lying when they say if you don't lift on a consistent basis that you lose that strength.

ATRAIN
07-14-2009, 10:12 AM
Phase 2 this week, so far its a repeat of weeks 1-3 on phase one. Its amazing how I still get sore i these workouts. Guess he is right about muscle confusion. Hey Vinnie, are you still doing P90?

Vinnie_Johnson
07-16-2009, 03:45 PM
Phase 2 this week, so far its a repeat of weeks 1-3 on phase one. Its amazing how I still get sore i these workouts. Guess he is right about muscle confusion. Hey Vinnie, are you still doing P90?

I am taking a small break sill doing pullups and pushups but I am cycling close to 150 to 200 miles a weeks right now. I will probably start doing p90x plus in Sept or a modified version mixing in Cycling why the whether is so nice here. You can buy or download if you can find it 0ne on one Yoga with Tony it's about 45 min much better for me.

Heath Ledger
07-24-2009, 01:09 AM
If you need help finding p90x pm me

Vinnie_Johnson
07-24-2009, 10:50 PM
If you need help finding p90x pm me

How is your hand doing? Getting better?

Heath Ledger
07-25-2009, 04:16 AM
Ive still got some pain. It may never be pain free.

Trainwreck2100
07-26-2009, 03:26 AM
I hate doing legs so much, and i really hate doing them at 1 in the mornung on a saturday

Heath Ledger
07-27-2009, 09:04 AM
Just did 30 minutes on the treadmill. Couple minute warmup then 1 minute sprints with two minutes of brisk walking. Going up one level in elevation at a time starting from 6 then coming back down.

I got through it pretty easily although I did sweat quite a bit. Waiting for that post treadmill buzz to kick in before i eat some oatmeal.

manufan10
08-05-2009, 09:13 PM
I started a new diet/workout and I've lost 5 lbs.

Heath Ledger
08-11-2009, 03:32 AM
I took a shit this morning and lost 5 lbs.

ATRAIN
08-11-2009, 07:15 AM
Hey Vinn, that chest and back P90 workout is fucking bad ass!! Shit wore me out.

Vinnie_Johnson
08-13-2009, 06:24 PM
Hey Vinn, that chest and back P90 workout is fucking bad ass!! Shit wore me out.

Yeah it's a mother the first few times. I remember the first time doing it when Tony says I feel a bit sick to my stomach and I don't like it. I was feeling the same sickness.

JoeChalupa
09-15-2009, 03:04 PM
Well, I weighed in at 150 1/2 lbs today. Down from 166 before I went in for foot surgery. Now if I can just work on my abs.

I. Hustle
09-15-2009, 03:17 PM
Well, I weighed in at 150 1/2 lbs today. Down from 166 before I went in for foot surgery. Now if I can just work on my abs.

That was a fat ass toe.

Hi_123
09-29-2009, 07:23 PM
Yeh, I've just never got back to exercising ever since I started working full time. I guess it’s due to not having enough time and not being organized. Last week I found my solution! And I feel so happy with myself. I discovered this new site. It's a reminder system that allows me to remind myself with the things I need to do. Having a little something there to remind you everyday especially exercising makes a big difference to my life!. I'm organised, I’m happier, and I feel healthy already! And It’s Free! Maybe you can give a try, for reference (reminderoo.com).

polandprzem
10-02-2009, 08:19 AM
25lbs

NoOptionB
10-02-2009, 08:24 AM
I've lost about 30 lbs. since June.

Jog 3 miles MWF
Lift Weights [PRRS - Power | Rep Range | Shock Program] TThSaSu
Eat basically - Milk (1%) w/ Whey Protein, Eggs, Chicken, Fish, Vegetable Soup :bang
Sleep around 10 hrs a night.

ATRAIN
10-02-2009, 08:37 AM
I've lost about 30 lbs. since June.

Jog 3 miles MWF
Lift Weights [PRRS - Power | Rep Range | Shock Program] TThSaSu
Eat basically - Milk (1%) w/ Whey Protein, Eggs, Chicken, Fish, Vegetable Soup :bang
Sleep around 10 hrs a night.

Damn 10 hours a night???

PM5K
10-02-2009, 02:26 PM
Never saw this thread, sometimes it's easy to miss pinned threads, lol...

I could stand to loose a few lbs...

da_suns_fan
10-07-2009, 11:39 AM
Yeah it's a mother the first few times. I remember the first time doing it when Tony says I feel a bit sick to my stomach and I don't like it. I was feeling the same sickness.

Yeah, I always get a dizzy and naseous the second round of doing the "dive bombs".

p90x deserves its own thread. Im on day 66 and Ive lost 15 lbs and gained a ton of muscle. I NEVER had real biceps before doing this program. Now my favorite subject is my new GUNS!! :p:

I wore a heart rate monitor doing plyometrics last night. The monitor also tells how many calories you burn based off your heart rate. At the end, the calorie count said 970! I believe it though. I look like I jumped in a pool when Im finished.

Dex
10-07-2009, 11:43 AM
I could barely button my pants this morning.

I need to read this thread more.

da_suns_fan
10-07-2009, 12:24 PM
I could barely button my pants this morning.

I need to read this thread more.

Im a total cynic. I never would have believed an exercise from a freaking infomercial would work.

But I did high school wrestling, and I tell you, this p90x isnt quite as hard but its close! If you want to seriously change your body you should try it. You'll stop eating garbage cuz you dont want to puke when you do the workout.

Vinnie_Johnson
10-08-2009, 12:25 AM
Im a total cynic. I never would have believed an exercise from a freaking infomercial would work.

But I did high school wrestling, and I tell you, this p90x isnt quite as hard but its close! If you want to seriously change your body you should try it. You'll stop eating garbage cuz you dont want to puke when you do the workout.

I am telling you I laughed when my friend wanted me to start it. The laughing ended after day one great work outs. Try the P90X PLUS when you finish it's a mother.

da_suns_fan
10-08-2009, 02:32 PM
I am telling you I laughed when my friend wanted me to start it. The laughing ended after day one great work outs. Try the P90X PLUS when you finish it's a mother.

I was thinking about that yesterday (doing the p90x plus when Im done). By now I know all of T. Horton's jokes and what kind of soup everyone is stirring.

koriwhat
10-08-2009, 02:40 PM
im a very slender person only weighing in at a buck 40 @ 5'9". it's been the same for like a decade now. i need to gain weight and more muscle... anyhow been going up to planet fitness 3-4 times a week with a buddy of mine and just recently got my own membership. hopefully my body takes a 180 and i start packing on the pounds and gaining muscle too.

being skinny and trying to gain weight is fuckin' hard! i think the opposite would probably be better and faster.

btw, i have a friend who started the p90x program a couple months back and just by seeing him(which is rare these days) he has drastically changed. he loves that program.

TDMVPDPOY
10-21-2009, 03:40 AM
hey to those with stretch marks on their stomache, do you know how to get rid of it? besides moisturizing cream?

Heath Ledger
10-21-2009, 08:35 AM
Anyone heard of the hcg protocol? I'm starting it today.

Heath Ledger
10-21-2009, 08:41 AM
Koriwhat don't do cardio like ever. You wan to bulk eat shit loads of lean protein and good carbs and lift lift lift you willl never get big with your frame with cardio.

koriwhat
10-21-2009, 10:10 AM
Koriwhat don't do cardio like ever. You wan to bulk eat shit loads of lean protein and good carbs and lift lift lift you willl never get big with your frame with cardio.

my motto is eat, eat, and eat some more... hahaha. i've been trying my hardest to eat whatever i can whenever i can and it seems to be working. i have gained 5-6 lbs(which fluctuates) since i started working out.

at the moment my routine is extensive and i am working out at the least an hour a day for like 4-5 days a week. i am seeing great results and am bumping the weight i lift almost weekly.

i'm about to start drinking protein shakes again(used to workout when i was real young) and learn to stop eating out as much and start preparing my own meals. gotta start eating breakfast!

anyhow, i love planet fitness and working out has become my new obsession. plus it never hurts to have a cute girl working at the gym that you can talk to all the time(got her number the other day) and it also turns out that she's my friends cousin. haha.

ps: no cardio for me except that i have gotten back on the court and started playing ball again every once in a while. it feels great to be back playing ball after so long of not doing so. i ain't the best but damn do i enjoy bball!

Heath Ledger
10-22-2009, 08:59 AM
Day two of this HCG protocol. (2nd weigh in) Im down 3.4 lbs. In 24 hours.

I started at 210.6 today I weigh 207.2
Today I did a 2.5 mile walk to start the day.

EmptyMan
10-23-2009, 10:06 AM
Damn 10 hours a night???

The main goal in working out is to break down the body. Especially in that PRRS program where the objective is to break down as many muscle fibers as you can.

Sleeping is where the magic happens if you are taking in a decent amount of nutrition. I've noticed that sleep is almost just as important if you want to drop weight fast. Probably half because the body uses that time to 100% concentrate on regeneration and the other half it is fasting. :lol

koriwhat
10-28-2009, 05:19 PM
uh about to drink this nasty ass protein shake... uh... 580 calories 3 times a day... god help me!

da_suns_fan
11-02-2009, 01:14 AM
Just finished 90 days of p90x. Everyone I havent seen in a while always comments on how "trim" I look.

Im not sure its any different from any circuit training program. I think doing any serious circuit training for an hour every day for 13 weeks will guarantee results.

Its 80% diet anyway.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-04-2009, 03:13 AM
Just finished 90 days of p90x. Everyone I havent seen in a while always comments on how "trim" I look.

Im not sure its any different from any circuit training program. I think doing any serious circuit training for an hour every day for 13 weeks will guarantee results.

Its 80% diet anyway.

Does this shit work? I got really fat towards the end of high school, lost all of that weight but I'm probably still 15 or so pounds over what I want to weigh and want to tone up from where I am right now. Building muscle has never been a problem for me, toning has. Is it as effective as the commercials make it look, and how harsh is the dieting?

ATRAIN
11-04-2009, 08:54 AM
Does this shit work? I got really fat towards the end of high school, lost all of that weight but I'm probably still 15 or so pounds over what I want to weigh and want to tone up from where I am right now. Building muscle has never been a problem for me, toning has. Is it as effective as the commercials make it look, and how harsh is the dieting?

Shits not easy thats for damn sure. A lot of those workouts are beastly and you sweat good on every workout. I recommend it for sure and you will drop those 15 lbs in the first month if you follow the diet. The diet is just like any other diet pretty much. You dont have to follow it to a tee and you will still lose weight. I did the lean program for 90 days and now im on week 3 of the classic program. Today I got Shoulder Bi Tri......bring it.

Trainwreck2100
11-04-2009, 10:06 AM

how much core do you do?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-04-2009, 06:19 PM
how much core do you do?

I do ab exercises everyday, shit doesn't work.

EmptyMan
11-10-2009, 08:55 AM
P90X is the real deal. Also look into crossfit if you want to add something new to regular old lifting weights.

Summers
11-10-2009, 01:59 PM
Since Lefty reminded me this is a sticky, I feel like bragging: I've lost 30 pounds and 40 cholesterol points in 4 months. :)

lefty
11-10-2009, 02:27 PM
Since Lefty reminded me this is a sticky, I feel like bragging: I've lost 30 pounds and 40 cholesterol points in 4 months. :)
Congrats ! :tu

Now that winter is approaching, you have to stock up on fajitas and sodas

MrChug
12-03-2009, 09:10 AM
I was never really obese but I'm down 60 lbs since April of last year. I still eat what I eat but it's really never more than half of the portions I used to. The "push away from the table" theory really works. I still play basketball a bit and maintain my weight lifting regimen. The muscle burns the fat.

Heath Ledger
01-04-2010, 11:52 AM
Phentermine is my friend.

lefty
01-04-2010, 02:13 PM
Over the last 2 weeks, I haven't done any weight lifting.

I have been using the ellitical, and I kept changing the resistance.

Lost some fat, and I was even able to put up some some muscle; not sure if it's because I took a break for weight lifting, or because of the resistance I used on the ellpitical

Whatever the reason, my body looks better.

Trainwreck2100
01-05-2010, 01:56 AM
this thread is obsolete stop posting in it