PDA

View Full Version : Mason!!

ManuTP9
01-03-2009, 10:58 PM
i guarntee you Mason will make a clutch shot in the playoffs. book it!

when we werent making shots he was nailing 3's!

SequSpur
01-03-2009, 10:59 PM
:toast

Spurs Brazil
01-03-2009, 10:59 PM
Very good game

19pts (5-5 3PT)

The good thing is he keep shooting after the 1-11FG yesterday

spursrocksocks
01-03-2009, 11:00 PM
he is the fucking man

Rapper
01-03-2009, 11:00 PM
i guarntee you Mason will make a clutch shot in the playoffs. book it!

when we werent making shots he was nailing 3's!

How do you guarntee that?

Although i want it

lefty
01-03-2009, 11:01 PM
Mason already has 2 clutch 3's this season.

It could have been 3 vs Milwaukee if Timmy didn't miss on the following possession (I'm not blaming Timmy)

He IS a clutch, fearless shooter.

Roadies4life
01-03-2009, 11:08 PM
He is a pure fucking beast...

BlackSwordsMan
01-03-2009, 11:10 PM
trade parker for a good back up for mason

papashango
01-03-2009, 11:10 PM
My concern is what happens when we have to resign this guy and we don't have his bird rights. Probably nothing to worry about.

Kori Ellis
01-03-2009, 11:17 PM
It was good to see him get back on track tonight. Some guys when they have a horrible game like he did yesterday (1 for 11 or whatever) take some time to get back in the groove. He kept the Spurs in the game tonight in the middle of the game, otherwise they wouldn't have had a chance in the 4th.

Rohirrim
01-03-2009, 11:17 PM
He needs to grow those loooooooooooooooooooooooong ass dreads like the Predator!

Srsly!

Flux451
01-03-2009, 11:23 PM
Man he has such a sweet shot. Best off season pick up

DPG21920
01-03-2009, 11:24 PM
He hit a three at the buzzer in the first, the second and then hit huge shots in the fourth. I do not like how he has kind of become just a spot up shooter now that Manu is back, but he is adapting well. Hopefully we can run some plays for him and through him.

pawe
01-03-2009, 11:48 PM
He hit a three at the buzzer in the first, the second and then hit huge shots in the fourth. I do not like how he has kind of become just a spot up shooter now that Manu is back, but he is adapting well. Hopefully we can run some plays for him and through him.

+1 brother

Thompson
01-03-2009, 11:49 PM
My concern is what happens when we have to resign this guy and we don't have his bird rights. Probably nothing to worry about.

Are you sure we won't have them? How long does a player have to play for a team until that team owns their 'Bird rights?'

mikeanthony21
01-03-2009, 11:50 PM
He needs to grow those loooooooooooooooooooooooong ass dreads like the Predator!

Srsly!

...or Marion Barber.

xtremesteven33
01-03-2009, 11:51 PM
the chemistry of Parker/Hill/Mason/Ginobili will only get better as the season moves on.

watch out NBA. Well soon have the best backcourt in the league.

underdawg
01-03-2009, 11:56 PM
the chemistry of Parker/Hill/Mason/Ginobili will only get better as the season moves on.

Are you trying to say our FO knows what they're doing? That's preposterous!

pawe
01-03-2009, 11:58 PM

With a healthy Manu, I think and im not being a homer that the Spurs already have the best backcourt. Best backcourt reserves sounds even more scarier.

MarHill
01-04-2009, 12:01 AM
Mason already has 2 clutch 3's this season.

It could have been 3 vs Milwaukee if Timmy didn't miss on the following possession (I'm not blaming Timmy)

He IS a clutch, fearless shooter.

Yes he is clutch and I believe he will win a game for the Spurs in the playoffs.

:flag:

Chris
01-04-2009, 12:04 AM
Dude is all star material. Only thing I want him to work on is his ball handling.

pawe
01-04-2009, 12:12 AM
Pop gives him PG minutes sometimes so I think he already has decent ballhandling skills.

Rapper
01-04-2009, 12:14 AM
Mason is the key to win Lakers in the western conference fianls

Rohirrim
01-04-2009, 12:15 AM
...or Marion Barber.

ah yes.

I was trying to think of the dude's name on the Kings but I should have thought of Marion the Barbarian.

Chris
01-04-2009, 12:18 AM
Pop gives him PG minutes sometimes so I think he already has decent ballhandling skills.

Yeah he's a decent backup at PG but i've seen him turn it over one to many times trying a crossover or something similar. He's good at creating his own shot but driving to the basket is lackluster.

Ice009
01-04-2009, 12:21 AM
I think it was a great move that Pop gave Mason the ball at point guard to start the 4th quarter. It was a good way to keep Mason involved rather than being frozen out and not touching the ball for long stretches.

Ditty
01-04-2009, 12:23 AM
hopefully he can be like our james posey and make big shots while the big 3 get about 20 + during the playoffs

Rockhound
01-04-2009, 12:39 AM
Do Work Son.

Solid D
01-04-2009, 01:19 AM
In a 2-point margin of victory, do you know what Mason's +/- Efficiency Rating was for this game?

+26

:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow

xellos88330
01-04-2009, 01:22 AM
I am glad that I snagged RMJ from the waiver wire on my espn fantasy basketball team. After I watched his first game. He has been one mean sleeper for me.

timvp
01-04-2009, 01:22 AM
Dude is all star material. Only thing I want him to work on is his ball handling.I have to disagree on both counts. IMO, he's not nearly talented enough to be an All-Star. And his ball-handling, especially for a shooting guard, is one of his strengths.

But yeah overall Spurs fans have to be more than happy with what Mason has provided. As long as he can stay north of that 12 ppg magic number, he should give the Spurs a chance to win a championship as long as their defense improves.

Manufan909
01-04-2009, 01:28 AM
I have to disagree on both counts. IMO, he's not nearly talented enough to be an All-Star. And his ball-handling, especially for a shooting guard, is one of his strengths.

But yeah overall Spurs fans have to be more than happy with what Mason has provided. As long as he can stay north of that 12 ppg magic number, he should give the Spurs a chance to win a championship as long as their defense improves.

As long as they continually work him into the O, I think he could avg 15 this year. And speaking of new stars, what's up with the current Hill slump? Is he playing horrible, or is Pop just have him at the end of the line when it comes to guards?

xtremesteven33
01-04-2009, 01:31 AM
As long as they continually work him into the O, I think he could avg 15 this year. And speaking of new stars, what's up with the current Hill slump? Is he playing horrible, or is Pop just have him at the end of the line when it comes to guards?

seems to me that Pop has Hill on a very short chain. Set plays for Manu to create the offense is being called every time HIll is in the game.

Not so much that Hill isnt being aggressive, its that hes not getting any plays for him. His job is to play HARD defense, use his athletecism and rebounding ability and to not turnover the ball.

SouthTexasRancher
01-04-2009, 01:42 AM
Without Mason you can add 5-6 losses to our record which also means 5-6 fewer wins! Once again Pop & RC prove to the basketball world that they are the Einstein's of basketball. Roger has adapted to our system very quickly and he definitely has big balls when it comes to nailing it when we need it most.

But Damnit............when are we going to get a big man to help Timmy on the boards? We get killed night in and night out. In the playoffs teams like the Lakers, Rockets and Hornets are going to be tough for us because they have the tall ones. Fab & KT are ok but, we really need a tall banger. I don't care if he scores a point as long as he pulls down the boards so Timmy can get a breather long enough to keep him fresh for the next game.

Chris
01-04-2009, 01:45 AM
I have to disagree on both counts. IMO, he's not nearly talented enough to be an All-Star. And his ball-handling, especially for a shooting guard, is one of his strengths.

I'm not saying all star this year but definitely a candidate for the future. He still has plenty of potential.

Referring to his ball handling I said this earlier in the thread, he is good at creating his own jumper, but driving to the basket he has a tendency to be careless with the ball and makes risky passes. Kind of like a running back trying to do to much.

HarlemHeat37
01-04-2009, 01:45 AM
I hyped Mason up all off-season, and I'm not surprised that he backed me up..

the best thing about Roger is that games like the Memphis game, where he goes 1-11 from the field, don't affect him at all..he keeps shooting, he comes back next game, he keeps shooting..

he's streaky as hell, and that's something we need..

we actually have options this year..

mrspurs
01-04-2009, 08:51 AM

Agreed, but at the sametime they make other backcourts in the league look pretty dang good as well. So far, we seem to have to out score other opponents, because we cant stop them. Hopefully that will change as the season ends. If we dont make some stops, we're not going far in the POs. We've always won it all by making stops, not trying to outscore the other teams. Then again if you cant make stops, you best learn how to outscore the rest. Thats the difference I see between this years squad and last years squad. If the POs started right now. We would have no choice but to launch the 3s. And pray we knock them down. At the sametime hope that other teams miss alot of layups and free throws.

z0sa
01-04-2009, 10:11 AM
Yeah he's a decent backup at PG but i've seen him turn it over one to many times trying a crossover or something similar. He's good at creating his own shot but driving to the basket is lackluster.

Eh, I would say he's better at ballhandling than you make it seem. He can beat presses and traps easily. He's also pretty good at getting to the rim, just doesn't get a lot of plays run for a pick n roll or iso, as he's generally getting wide open looks on the outside.

boutons_
01-04-2009, 10:17 AM
Just amazing how invisible, unproductive he was for his first 5 years.

Brazil
01-04-2009, 08:09 PM
I'm really impressed by his performance yesterday coming from a 1-10 night!

lefty
01-06-2009, 12:52 AM
After Manu's block on Wadette, Mason with yet another big shot:toast