PDA

View Full Version : "The Best Offense is a Great Defense" Shirt handed out at PHX

scanry
01-04-2009, 12:13 AM
I spent my Christmas day watching the Suns-Spurs at the U.S. Airways Center.

While i was ecstatic at the Mason Buzzer beater, i couldn't help but laugh at the T-Shirts which were being handed out to fans as they were leaving the arena [they were free BTW].

"The Best Offense is a Great Defense" :rollin

Man are they so damn stupid after all those years in the playoffs [Thanks to the Spurs BTW]. :bang:bang:bang

Armando
01-04-2009, 12:16 AM
:rolleyes

I can't believe they got beat by Roger Mason a Wizards castoff.

scanry
01-04-2009, 12:18 AM
:rolleyes

I can't believe they got beat by Roger Mason a Wizards castoff.

I feel your pain, but what's with the T-Shirts??

Have they always handed out "The Best Offense is a Great Defense" T-shirts to the fans?

m33p0
01-04-2009, 12:19 AM
i don't think they even know what they're talking about anymore.

Johnny RIngo
01-04-2009, 12:20 AM
The Suns shot 45.3% that night compared to 41.8% for the Spurs. I'd say Phoenix did a pretty good job on the defensive end(Spurs needed a buzzer beat to beat them).

Armando
01-04-2009, 12:20 AM
I feel your pain, but what's with the T-Shirts??

Have they always handed out "The Best Offense is a Great Defense" T-shirts to the fans?

IDK I think maybe they still want to market the team as a run and gun team. Or maybe is leftover t-shirts from D'Antoni's era.

Armando
01-04-2009, 12:21 AM
i don't think they even know what they're talking about anymore.

:lol

Armando
01-04-2009, 12:24 AM
The Suns shot 45.3% that night compared to 41.8% for the Spurs. I'd say Phoenix did a pretty good job on the defensive end(Spurs needed a buzzer beat to beat them).

The Suns always play the Spurs well is just the Spurs always seem to pull out the win. And I also think despite what they say I think the Spurs get in thier heads a little bit.

scanry
01-04-2009, 12:32 AM
The Suns always play the Spurs well is just the Spurs always seem to pull out the win. And I also think despite what they say I think the Spurs get in thier heads a little bit.

I think it's more than a little bit.

BTW i'm watching game 1 from the 2005 WCF Finals on my computer right now, and i must tell you you guys had an amazing team with Joe Johnson (even though he isn't playing this game).

Letting Johnson go was your biggest mistake, and Joe i might add is a much better Franchise than Amare.

pawe
01-04-2009, 12:34 AM
That phrase only works if you live in Israel.

Armando
01-04-2009, 12:36 AM
I think it's more than a little bit.

BTW i'm watching game 1 from the 2005 WCF Finals on my computer right now, and i must tell you you guys had an amazing team with Joe Johnson (even though he isn't playing this game).

Letting Johnson go was your biggest mistake, and Joe i might add is a much better Franchise than Amare.

I think that team if kept together could have won 1 or 2 titles. Imagine that Suns team taking on the Mavs in the 06 WCF.

Sean Cagney
01-04-2009, 12:41 AM

Yeah to be fair in all honesty and jokes aside, the series have had great games and could have gone either way, if the Suns win one here and there in those series it could have been theres. If just one game at the beginning goes their way in 05, 06 or last year as well it could have been theirs. Some games give me heart attacks, they are almost always usually exciting except for that old game 2 blowout PHX gives us (Or game three) and the one the Spurs pummel them... Other than that the games could go either way, and the story could be different.

I think that team if kept together could have won 1 or 2 titles. Imagine that Suns team taking on the Mavs in the 06 WCF.

Co signs!!!!!!! They would have had one.

m33p0
01-04-2009, 12:43 AM
got to hand it to ole' coach d'antoni. he gave the suns an identity. they knew what they were all about.

Armando
01-04-2009, 12:43 AM
Yeah to be fair in all honesty and jokes aside, the series have had great games and could have gone either way, if the Suns win one here and there in those series it could have been theres. If just one game at the beginning goes their way in 05, 06 or last year as well it could have been theirs. Some games give me heart attacks, they are almost always usually exciting except for that old game 2 blowout PHX gives us (Or game three) and the one the Spurs pummel them... Other than that the games could go either way, and the story could be different.

I feel the same way when they play each other. :lol

Rogue
01-04-2009, 12:49 AM
halle:"what the hell was that?"
hugh:"a danger room session"
halle:"you know what I mean, I mean you can't change the rulls as you would like. I tried to teach them something."
hugh:"I taught them something too."
halle"that's a defense exercise"
hugh:"the best defense is just a good offense, or is it the other way round?"