PDA

View Full Version : Spurs on typical regular season pace....

texbound
01-04-2009, 01:48 AM
As of tonight, the Spurs record stands at 22-11 after 33 games. It appears they're right on schedule with 5 of the 7 previous years. Just food for thought. It's just Funny how the national media doesn't mention this when they say the Spurs might be the odd team out for the playoffs.

2008-09
22-11

2007-08
23-10

2006-07 Championship year
23-10

2005-06
26-7

2004-05 Championship year
26-7

2003-04
22-11

2002-03 Championship year
20-13

HarlemHeat37
01-04-2009, 01:50 AM
the national media is actually hyping us up..don't listen to a guy like Hollinger, who bases his entire analysis on his own stats..

we're on a better pace though, because that isn't factoring in our month without our 2nd and 3rd best players..

NFGIII
01-04-2009, 02:19 AM
the national media is actually hyping us up..don't listen to a guy like Hollinger, who bases his entire analysis on his own stats..

we're on a better pace though, because that isn't factoring in our month without our 2nd and 3rd best players..

Though some of the national media are talking about us flying under the radar would be fine with me. I usually wait for the RRT before really taking stock in the Spurs. It seems that the RRT defines us and shapes us for the playoff run. Admittedly it doesn't always result in a LO but you can't win them all. The RRT helps bring us together but other factors come into play entering the playoffs - in '08 it was Manu's ankle - '06 it was Manu's foul on Dirk in game 7 - '04 it was our inability to make a shot...etc. Though I would like more I'll take 4 for now - so long as we are going for 5! :lobt2:

:flag:

peskypesky
01-04-2009, 02:24 AM

:toast

lefty
01-04-2009, 02:44 AM
Fuck yeah

TDMVPDPOY
01-04-2009, 03:40 AM
theres other ways of measuring where we at besides HOLLINGERS variables......

4 rings and odd years biatches.

mrspurs
01-04-2009, 08:25 AM

Agreed.

mrspurs
01-04-2009, 11:08 AM
I would also take a look at 2005-2006 schedule for example the roster and the schedule is nothing compared to this years so far. www.pdaschedule.com/avantgo/content/show_schedule.asp?tz=1&team_oid=71 Not sure if the link will work. But I clearly remember playing a tough early schedule that year. If we had that schedule this year, we wouldnt be what our current record shows. We would have a few more losses easily. We had been without Manu and TP that is correct this season. But dont be fooled by this thread by comparing this season to others from the past. I dont buy saying this team is just waiting for the POs like seasons before. I do buy this team has done quite well considering it has no Center and had 2 of its stars out for alot of games. But when you talk schedules, we have had it easy so far. Regardless of how we have won or loss. We have had a very easy schedule. Thank the Basketball Gods for letting us play the Grizzs 4 times already.

MaNu4Tres
01-04-2009, 11:45 AM
Even though their record is identical to previous seasons at this point, their margin of victory is a lot lower than in those previous years. Don't get me wrong a win is a win, but they aren't dominating teams like they used to.

Rockhound
01-04-2009, 12:03 PM
Up until last year, there was maybe one team in the East with a legit shot at the Championship. In the west maybe 2 or 3.

This is not the same NBA we have seen in previous championship years nor is the Spurs' defense anywhere close to being what it once was.

Keepin' it real
01-04-2009, 12:28 PM
I was thinking the same thing. Looks like they are on pace for a 55-27 record. I realize they have been feasting on a few NBA cupcakes so far, but they've needed that to overcome injuries and develop chemistry. If healthy, I like their chances down the stretch and in the playoffs.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-04-2009, 12:50 PM
I would also take a look at 2005-2006 schedule for example the roster and the schedule is nothing compared to this years so far. www.pdaschedule.com/avantgo/content/show_schedule.asp?tz=1&team_oid=71 Not sure if the link will work. But I clearly remember playing a tough early schedule that year. If we had that schedule this year, we wouldnt be what our current record shows. We would have a few more losses easily. We had been without Manu and TP that is correct this season. But dont be fooled by this thread by comparing this season to others from the past. I dont buy saying this team is just waiting for the POs like seasons before. I do buy this team has done quite well considering it has no Center and had 2 of its stars out for alot of games. But when you talk schedules, we have had it easy so far. Regardless of how we have won or loss. We have had a very easy schedule. Thank the Basketball Gods for letting us play the Grizzs 4 times already.

:tu

A month from now let's see how the pace holds up. January and February could be make or break for this team in regards to how tough they are. This is time to get some real quality wins, or to simply succumb to being a team that eeks out wins again sub .500 teams for the remainder of the season.

boutons_
01-04-2009, 01:01 PM
DAL L
HOU W
DEN L
UTA W
@HOU L
DET L
@DEN W
@DAL W
@NO L
@ORL L
@PHX W

Against top teams, 4 - 7

BOSx2, LALx3, CLEx2 still to come.

Out of those 7 games, what will our record be?