PDA

View Full Version : Portland is soft

SpursDynasty
01-05-2009, 12:00 AM
This year's Portland team is one of the most pathetic teams I've ever seen. That was completely pathetic play tonight vs. the Lakers. Good going Portland. And this team was supposed to contend for the Western Conference this year? How? By sucking?

SmellyFeet
01-05-2009, 12:04 AM
Lakers just making some shots, blazers missing some, nothing to see here.

Medvedenko
01-05-2009, 12:05 AM
Is this post giving the laker props or insulting the blazers...hmmm.....well they were without Roy....

turiaf for president
01-05-2009, 12:09 AM
this same team without roy beat the celtics.

ElNono
01-05-2009, 12:52 AM
I called it before the game started... Portland just isn't very good...

lil_penny
01-05-2009, 12:52 AM
Blazers played one great game vs. Boston without roy.. these last two games they started with confidence and it would leave after the half. Can't blame this loss on anything other than the blazers missing a very large amount of shots. Lakers played a good game blazer gave it all they could without roy and martell. But losing at staples isn't anything new.. hopefully they still handle them in the rose garden like usual.

Good game though hard to watch for us portland fans though haha.

Bartleby
01-05-2009, 12:56 AM
Where is TLONG???

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113255

Ballin Boy
01-05-2009, 12:58 AM
I still think portland has the most potential out of any team in the league

Rogue
01-05-2009, 04:54 AM
Portland was just a 1stpick-holding team one season ago, and they were just one step away from playoffs last season. The are still not as great as spurs and celtics but they are more potential than any other contender. Today's NBA belongs to celtics and spurs but the future is gonna go for spurs and blazers. Oden is still a virgin to NBA games, no one can predict how f***ing good he is gonna be after he really becomes a real player rather than an unmarried girl. besides oden, Roy and aldrige and others blazers are also on procession.

TDMVPDPOY
01-05-2009, 05:51 AM
tlong approves of this thread, so much for the aldridge thread

Rogue
01-05-2009, 06:39 AM
tlong approves of this thread, so much for the aldridge thread
give up learning japanese, or chinese or any other weird language. otherwise you are gonna confuse your mother language with those languages. I have tried to learn some spanish but my efforts are not likely to pay off. the fact of the matter is you can never speak a foreign language as good as the native speakers do, but I don't think there is any need for us to learn their languages, it's their duty to learn ours. You try to make yourself native to a foreign language but you can never reach your destination. when you realize that point and give up that foolish willingness midway, you are gonna find yourself lost in a borderless forest. You have gone too far from your hometown to find the way back, but your destination is still distant.

tlongII
01-05-2009, 09:42 AM
We need Brandon to win against good teams. Especially on the road. It's going to be tough this week without him. We'll get our groove back though.

Nation of Domination
01-05-2009, 10:33 AM
Trade Oden for Yao. Make them even softer.

j.dizzle
01-05-2009, 02:07 PM
the blazers are too young to go anywhere..they dont have any playoff experience or any veterans on the team,which is very important if you wanna make a nice playoff run.i honestly dont see them going very far for the next 2-3 years atleast.they got some nice pieces but are way too inconsistent.

mytespurs
01-05-2009, 02:18 PM
This year's Portland team is one of the most pathetic teams I've ever seen. That was completely pathetic play tonight vs. the Lakers. Good going Portland. And this team was supposed to contend for the Western Conference this year? How? By sucking?

Portland is an up and coming team. They are not in the Lakers or Celtics league at this point. So while it was nice they beat the Celtics w/o Roy, I didn't expect lightening to strike twice. So it's not a shock they lost to the Lakers on the road.

21_Blessings
01-05-2009, 02:38 PM
And this team was supposed to contend for the Western Conference this year? How? By sucking?

Well the Spurs have done a good job this year 'contending by sucking'. Why can't Portland?

JoeTait75
01-05-2009, 02:47 PM
And this team was supposed to contend for the Western Conference this year?

They were?

mytespurs
01-05-2009, 03:17 PM
Well the Spurs have done a good job this year 'contending by sucking'. Why can't Portland?

With the exception of the Lakers, Celtics, Cavs and Magic, you could say the same for just about every other team in both conferences w/double digit wins and losses. :king

SpursDynasty
01-05-2009, 03:39 PM

This thread isn't about the Spurs.

Sportcamper
01-05-2009, 04:12 PM
I thought Portland looked tough against Boston last week…Oden was very physical…