PDA

View Full Version : Baby Fundamental

raspsa
01-05-2009, 02:25 AM
During an interview the Miami Heat coach called Brook Lopez the "Baby Fundamental" because of his sound BB skills for a rookie.. Lopez himself was quoted as saying he has sought to pattern his game after Duncan's. Maybe when TD retires he should seriously consider opening a Big man's camp and help reverse the trend of big guys limited to playing the perimeter game.

Kori Ellis
01-05-2009, 02:26 AM
Maybe when TD retires he should seriously consider opening a Big man's camp ...

When TD retires, I'm guessing he'll just kick back on his sofa and play video games with his kids. When he's done with that, he'll play video games with his grandkids. ;)

honestfool84
01-05-2009, 02:35 AM
When TD retires, I'm guessing he'll just kick back on his sofa and play video games with his kids. When he's done with that, he'll play video games with his grandkids. ;)

when he's done with the grandkids, he'll play with the great grandkids, no?

or will he be too old then?

boutons_
01-05-2009, 02:47 AM
My guess Tim and family will spend a LOT of time on the beach in St Croix

Yorae
01-05-2009, 02:49 AM
I was thinking that maybe he would start a spork business or something.....

raspsa
01-05-2009, 02:51 AM
Maybe by then, they'll have fixed Ian's ankle problem and he can be Timmy's first student.LOL

bdictjames
01-05-2009, 03:00 AM
I dont think there could be another Tim Duncan.

Bynum idolized Duncan but he never turned out to be one.

raspsa
01-05-2009, 03:36 AM
I dont think there could be another Tim Duncan.

Bynum idolized Duncan but he never turned out to be one.

Totally agree, Duncan is unique. Still, it would be great for the game if TD could pass on his style of play to the new generation of big men. Probably 9 out of 10 mbig men would rather be KG than TD w/c is sad indeed.

MagnusKrauss
01-05-2009, 03:54 AM
I feel that Al Jefferson could be Tim's successor.

Yorae
01-05-2009, 03:57 AM
Al is good, i wonder if he would ever think of coming here. If Bosh and Jefferson decides to come here, who would you choose? Short to say, who's better?

Rogue
01-05-2009, 04:01 AM
Bosh is more allround with 3pt skills while Jefferson is more dominant in the paint.

Chieflion
01-05-2009, 04:04 AM
Jefferson would be ideal for Duncan's replacement. Bosh has proven he is a Pau Gasol. The Raptors are sucking now.

Tully365
01-05-2009, 04:18 AM
Jefferson would be ideal for Duncan's replacement. Bosh has proven he is a Pau Gasol. The Raptors are sucking now.

Minnesota's record is much worse than Toronto's.

Chieflion
01-05-2009, 04:33 AM
Minnesota's record is much worse than Toronto's.

Someone tell me who Jefferson is surrounded with before I lose my sanity.

Mal
01-05-2009, 04:51 AM
I would take Al, but Al has resigned with T-Wolves and he is unavailable till 2015

TDMVPDPOY
01-05-2009, 05:13 AM
i think AL JEFFERSON will disapprove of this thread.....

this guy better demand a trade away from the wolves....we all know what a joke mcfail is....

hater
01-05-2009, 04:44 PM
Al is underrated, Bosch is overrated. Neither one could hold Duncan's jock at this point. They are fast, strong and big, but they are nowhere near Tim Duncan's basketball IQ, not to mention defense.

BlackBellamy
01-05-2009, 04:57 PM
Someone tell me who Jefferson is surrounded with before I lose my sanity.
Randy Foye
Mike Miller
Kevin Love
Corey Brewer
Sebastian Telfair
Craig Smith
Those are the ones off the top of my head. I don't know if I'd take a single one of these wolves outside of Jefferson (maybe Miller for the absolute minimum).

BlackBellamy
01-05-2009, 05:03 PM
Al is underrated, Bosch is overrated. Neither one could hold Duncan's jock at this point. They are fast, strong and big, but they are nowhere near Tim Duncan's basketball IQ, not to mention defense.
Ah, but next to Duncan is the question. Either one would spell distruction for the rest of the West and we would absolutely be bringing in trophies until Tim decides to retire. I'd rather go after Bosh, he's itching to get back to Texas. Plus moving Tim to 'center' (not on roster but defensive rotations) and Bosh at your 'P forward'? F'ing sick.

mexicanjunior
01-05-2009, 05:04 PM
Al is good, i wonder if he would ever think of coming here. If Bosh and Jefferson decides to come here, who would you choose? Short to say, who's better?

I'd take Jefferson over Bosh at this point...

exstatic
01-05-2009, 06:41 PM
I like Jefferson, but he's in the mold of the new big man, a la Amare, Boozer: all offense, turnstile defense.

K-State Spur
01-05-2009, 07:03 PM
I would take Al, but Al has resigned with T-Wolves and he is unavailable till 2015

actually, it's 2013. but your point remains.

HarlemHeat37
01-05-2009, 08:51 PM
Jefferson's offense is great, he has even more moves than Tim does in the post..but defensively, he is average, while Duncan has been arguably the best defender of the 2000's..

Yorae
01-05-2009, 10:16 PM
Why the hell would Al want to remain with MCFail???

spursfaninla
01-05-2009, 10:18 PM
mike miller is more than adequate for several million a year; i would get rid of most of our spare parts for him for sure.

itzsoweezee
01-06-2009, 01:41 AM
what the hell? bosh is definitely not overrated. unfortunately for him, he plays for a moronic GM that wants to try to play team fiba in the nba. it's not working out too well. they choose bargnani with the #1 pick. nuff said.

Chieflion
01-06-2009, 02:25 AM
Randy Foye
Mike Miller
Kevin Love
Corey Brewer
Sebastian Telfair
Craig Smith
Those are the ones off the top of my head. I don't know if I'd take a single one of these wolves outside of Jefferson (maybe Miller for the absolute minimum).

Exactly, Having McFail as a GM, he traded for Kevin Love? Are you kidding me?
He plays the same natural position as Jefferson. That does not help him develop. McFail screwed up. Randy Foye could have been a good player if only he was not traded to the suck ass Timberwolves.

Yuixafun
01-07-2009, 07:37 PM
Tim will be hitting up the Comic book shops and start wrecking in Magic the Gathering Tournaments.

He will also be guest DMing at varios gaming functions.

That would be fun honestly.. chilling in his mansion at the table on an adventure with Timmy talking trash as he sends a horde of Ogres at your level 8 party. After the session go hit up some Mario Kart in the theatre room.

While in there smoke some Virgin Islands skunk hydro then start free style battling. I would destroy Tony Parker.

superbigtime
01-07-2009, 09:53 PM

True that.