PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Marcus Camby heading back to New York?

layupdrill
01-05-2009, 08:28 AM
The World Famous LayupDrill Rumor Mill
1/5/09
The first Monday morning is not a slow one when it comes to trade rumors in the league. The first big rumor comes from the NY Daily News (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2009/01/04/2009-01-04_knicks_consider_trade_to_bring_back_marc.html), where a potential 3 way trade involving the Knicks, Clippers, and Blazers has been thrown around by team execs over the last few days. Coach Mike D'Antoni is in love with the play of Camby, and in favor of putting him as his center, to play alongside Al Harrington and Wilson Chandler in the front court. The Blazers have been interested in David Lee for a while now, and the trade would include the Clippers receiving Quentin Richardson, The Knicks getting Camby and Channing Frye, and the Blazers getting David Lee.
Stay Tuned...
http://layupdrill.com/wp-includes/js/tinymce/plugins/wordpress/img/trans.gif
Another player who could find himself on the move is Bulls forward Joakim Noah. The Chicago Tribune (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/chi-05-morrisseyjan05,0,2143238.column) reports today that Noah and Bulls coach Vinny Del Negro have not seen eye to eye most of this season, and even though Chicago did spend a lottery pick on the former University of Florida two-time national champion, his transition into the pro game has not been as smooth as expected. Noah will join Larry Hughes and Tyrus Thomas as other Bulls on the trading block by the All-Star break.
As the Celtics continue to struggle as of late, losing 4 of their last 6, the Marbury to Boston (http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2009/01/05/kg_clears_way_for_marbury/) talks start to pick up steam. Over the weekend, Ray Allen said he would welcome Marbury in Boston. Then last night, after a surprising loss to the Knicks, Kevin Garnett seemed to pave the way for Steph to come to Boston as well.When asked by reporters about GM Danny Ainge possibly signing Stephon Marbury, Garnett replied, "Anything that is going to help us get better..." Garnett and Marbury started their careers together in Minnesota, however when Marbury was moved to the Nets, he was not on the best of terms with Garnett.
The Toronto Raptors, who we reported over the weekend to possibly be unloading talent, may actually be interested in bringing a former Raptor back. GM Bryan Colangelo stated during the Raptors/Magic game Sunday that the Raptors were interested in bringing back Carlos Delfino back. Delfino is currently playing in Russia, averaged 9 points and 4 rebounds as a key reserve off the bench for Toronto.:blah

benefactor
01-05-2009, 10:58 AM
Marbury talks "pick up steam?" Maybe we should wait until he actually leaves the team he is with. It's pretty pointless to speculate about anything until then.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-05-2009, 11:39 AM
Aside from the Camby thing, none of this is really news. It would be great for D'antoni to get some defensive pieces and people will say he's more than capable of coaching defense. This way everyone can stop blaming him for why the Suns suck at defense, that excuse has run its course to say the least.

Indazone
01-05-2009, 11:56 AM
Hey what happened to Curry?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-05-2009, 12:15 PM
Hey what happened to Curry?

Deli food.

Hemotivo
01-05-2009, 01:23 PM
LayupDrill

Darthkiller
01-05-2009, 04:56 PM
camby would averag 20 rpg on the knicks

BacktoBasics
01-05-2009, 04:59 PM
I like Lee on the Blazers.

lil_penny
01-05-2009, 05:21 PM
hearing alot about Lee today going to the blazers.. wonder if it will end up happening, i think he would be a good fit on the team

JamStone
01-05-2009, 05:35 PM
David Lee is overrated. People hype him up because he's an athletic white guy at the power forward position and there are so few of them. He's a great rebounder. Not a good defender. Not good on defense. Undersized for even the power forward position and he's playing center. He's not a bad player, but not a player that any team, certainly not a bad to mediocre team like the Knicks "have to keep."

tomtom
01-05-2009, 05:54 PM
I like Lee on the Blazers.

+1 I'm sure he'd fit better than frye

eisfeld
01-05-2009, 06:21 PM
I'm not sure what to think about this rumor. Camby back in NY would be great for the team but I'm sure the Clippers can get a better player than Q-Rich for him. Also It would be a really one-sided deal - come on... Blazers give up Channing Frye for Lee. Lee is not the second coming of Wilt Chamberlain, but he is more than a decent Role-Player.

The Clippers need help in their backcourt with Davis being out, but I still think that even a trade for the 'Stache and Matt Caroll would make more sense if the Bobcats are interested.

Nevertheless, I still think this deal is bogus... and I don't think the Blazers get Lee without giving up another backcourt player.

ploto
01-05-2009, 06:54 PM
GM Bryan Colangelo stated during the Raptors/Magic game Sunday that the Raptors were interested in bringing back Carlos Delfino.

Raptors are in great need of help on the wing. And while Carlos did turn into Chuckifino at times, he was their best perimeter defender last season.

hater
01-05-2009, 06:58 PM
Deli food.

LMFAO

Tully365
01-05-2009, 07:32 PM
The Knicks obviously are focused on 2010. Did anyone watch the Knicks beat the Celts last night? Great game. I know he's a bit overpaid, but the guy I really like is Jared Jeffries-- his defense was amazing in that game, and he spent different parts of the game on Garnett, Perkins, and Rondo. If some team made an offer for Lee and Jeffries (whose current contract runs past 2010), I think the Knicks might bite. Adding Lee & Jeffries would make the Spurs incredible... would the rights to Splitter + Mahinmi + Thomas/Oberto + spare parts be enough? I would definitely do it.

FlAVaK
01-05-2009, 08:12 PM
Also It would be a really one-sided deal - come on... Blazers give up Channing Frye for Lee. Lee is not the second coming of Wilt Chamberlain, but he is more than a decent Role-Player.

Yeah, other players have to be involved. The Knicks and Clippers could swap Camby and Richardson straight up!

Maybe something like this:

Add Jason Hart for Jerryd Bayless to the deal... (http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2772~703~125~312~3417~2754&teams=22~12~18~22~12~18&te=&cash=)