PDA

View Full Version : duncan's FT's

superfedja
02-27-2005, 12:12 PM
Duncan should seriously consider working more on his FT shooting, it's not going to tire him making 200 more free throws per day... he was 11/17 vs the grizzlies ... 2 more and we win the game ... he should think about that bcuz once he fixes his FT problem hes unstoppable (thats his only flaw)

what do u guys think? you agree with this?

TDfan2007
02-27-2005, 12:18 PM
Absolutely.

But that's not why we lost last night. We lost because of stupid TO's and bad D.

superfedja
02-27-2005, 12:25 PM
i agree its not the main reason but i think its a aspect of the game that can be easily fixed and it makes big difference especially in play-offs

Dex
02-27-2005, 12:42 PM
If you think Duncan HASN'T worked on his free throws, you're kidding yourself.

T Park
02-28-2005, 02:26 AM
Im sure Duncan has been just skidding by on practice.

What a stupid thread.

Rummpd
02-28-2005, 06:13 AM
Uh he hit all his FTS vs Houson.

Tim is often either all there or not on FTs.

I am impressed he hit two straight in final minutes = he has done that a lot lately including against Miami = in both cases they lost in crunch time but it was not due to his FTs alone.

RobinsontoDuncan
02-28-2005, 07:43 AM
Tim shoots FTs every single day, some bug guys just have problems with them.

Solid D
02-28-2005, 08:40 AM
Duncan should seriously consider working more on his FT shooting, it's not going to tire him making 200 more free throws per day... he was 11/17 vs the grizzlies ... 2 more and we win the game ... he should think about that bcuz once he fixes his FT problem hes unstoppable (thats his only flaw)

what do u guys think? you agree with this?

You make a good point. 200 more FTs per day than he normally shoots won't mean as much if he shoots them flat or improperly. There is probably only so much time during shoot-around on game days and the Spurs frequently play every other day, half on the road. I'm not sure how much an extra 30-45 minutes of the dipping and flexing of his knees on game days would help or negatively impact other aspects of his game-day freshness.

I noticed against the Grizzlies, Tim was shooting them with very little arc in the first half, but when he came out in the 2nd half, the FT attempts had much better arc on the flight of the ball. Mental adjustment, no doubt.