PDA

View Full Version : Paloma Blanco - CLOSED

PeterBurns
01-05-2009, 03:52 PM
Read the Tom Ribs Story, and heard that Paloma Blanco is closing as well....Crazy.

Good place I always thought.

Taco
01-05-2009, 03:54 PM
with all these places closing how are us San Antonian's supposed to stay Fat?

FromWayDowntown
01-05-2009, 04:07 PM
what, what, what???!?!?!?!?!?

AlamoSpursFan
01-05-2009, 04:08 PM

"Taco...Cabana!" -- Sean Elliott, trying not to move his lips...

:lol

Blake
01-05-2009, 04:40 PM
I won't be surprised if a few more restaurants close it down.

We were at Saltgrass last Friday at about 7, and usually the place is crawling with people. We got seated pretty quickly.

JudynTX
01-05-2009, 04:41 PM
I won't be surprised if a few more restaurants close it down.

We were at Saltgrass last Friday at about 7, and usually the place is crawling with people. We got seated pretty quickly.

Oh shit! I have a gift card from there, I better hurry up and use it. :lol

ploto
01-05-2009, 04:44 PM
Lots of places are empty compared to how crowded they used to be-- and use ALL your gifts card to anywhere, because if they file for bankruptcy reorganization, your gift cards may be no good and you are now in line with all the creditors.

Blake
01-05-2009, 04:52 PM
Oh shit! I have a gift card from there, I better hurry up and use it. :lol

I love Saltgrass myself.....

thing is, they are owned by Landry's and I think that Landry's seafood joint sucks butt. It's an overpriced Sea Island.

Blake
01-05-2009, 04:55 PM
oh yeah......and gift cards are the devil........unless they are WalMart gift cards which is something I can actually use.....

someone gave me a CompUsa gift card which for me may as well have been a $30 fingernail cleaner

tonylongoriafan
01-05-2009, 05:04 PM
oh yeah......and gift cards are the devil........unless they are WalMart gift cards which is something I can actually use.....

someone gave me a CompUsa gift card which for me may as well have been a $30 fingernail cleaner

try getting a $10 gift card to the movies...last time i went, i dropped $40

JoeChalupa
01-05-2009, 05:07 PM
It's this damn economy!! :cuss People just are not going out to eat as much. I know we don't, not that we ever did.

Louae
01-05-2009, 05:10 PM
Read the Tom Ribs Story, and heard that Paloma Blanco is closing as well....Crazy.

do you have a link? I haven't found a link for it.

chreph
01-05-2009, 05:14 PM
I thought it was Paloma Blanca? Anyway... I went once and was unimpressed. Nice service and environment, but not for me. My wife loved the "09" margaritas, though. She'll be crushed lol :lol

Blake
01-05-2009, 05:33 PM
Perico's crushes any and all comers in the nice Mexican restaurant biz.

Very very good food and drinks at very reasonable prices........

last time we were there, they actually were passing out complimentary margaritas on the rocks (Tuesday night).

ChumpDumper
01-05-2009, 05:33 PM
I thought it was Paloma Blanca?[Frantically searches for Slim Whitman on YouTube]

CuckingFunt
01-05-2009, 05:42 PM
[Frantically searches for Slim Whitman on YouTube]

I know from personal experience that search won't be very fruitful.

ploto
01-05-2009, 07:00 PM
try getting a $10 gift card to the movies...last time i went, i dropped $40

Don't you hate when you get one like that and so you try to use it and end up spending money somewhere you would have never gone if someone had not given you the gift card in the first place.

SequSpur
01-05-2009, 07:07 PM
Pericos ain't all that.

lebomb
01-06-2009, 10:49 AM
Where does it say Paloma Blanca is closing? There website is still up.

Sii
01-06-2009, 08:55 PM

Paloma Blanca on Broadway?!?! is this reported somewhere? Great place. Would be shocked if this is actually true because its usually pretty crowded...esp on the weekends. Been going for many years...since their other location - they never seemed to be hurting for business at any point....esp in Alamo Heights. was just there like a week ago

Clandestino
01-06-2009, 10:04 PM
Perico's crushes any and all comers in the nice Mexican restaurant biz.

Very very good food and drinks at very reasonable prices........

last time we were there, they actually were passing out complimentary margaritas on the rocks (Tuesday night).

except the food sucks!

2centsworth
01-11-2009, 03:36 PM
last time I ever listen Peter Burns. Mentioned to group of people yesterday that Paloma Blanca was going out of business. The reaction wasn't to warm and I think people thought I was nuts. Come to find out the Peter rumor is false. Thanks Peter, I thought only your FF advice sucked.

jack sommerset
01-11-2009, 03:57 PM

Most of them eat anything.

jack sommerset
01-11-2009, 04:19 PM
When I lived in SA, I notice alot of places that closed turned into Mexican restaurants. It was odd seeing a McDonalds or a Dairy Queen or a car garage flipped in days into a mexican place. Usually they put some banner across the old sign with the new name on it. And for the life of me I had no clue why people would go to these halfway houses to eat. I'm sure this Mexican restaurant will re-open days after closing under some other name.

ididnotnothat
01-11-2009, 05:18 PM
When I lived in SA, I notice alot of places that closed turned into Mexican restaurants. It was odd seeing a McDonalds or a Dairy Queen or a car garage flipped in days into a mexican place. Usually they put some banner across the old sign with the new name on it. And for the life of me I had no clue why people would go to these halfway houses to eat. I'm sure this Mexican restaurant will re-open days after closing under some other name.

Diners, drive-ins and dives are some of the best places to eat.

fraga
01-11-2009, 06:26 PM
Even if "Paloma Blanca" is closing...I wouldn't feel to bad for her...she owns Aldacos as well...she's been doing great business out at 281 & Stone Oak Pkwy...and her original Aldacos was out at Sunset Station...not sure if she still has that one open..or just relocated to the Stone Oak area...