PDA

View Full Version : Toros playing now in D-League Showcase

ChumpDumper
01-05-2009, 04:32 PM
In case you need to get an afternoon basketball fix.

http://www.nba.com/dleague/webcastDleague.html

Free registration required.

Feed looks good to me.

Hemotivo
01-05-2009, 04:40 PM
thanx

ace3g
01-05-2009, 05:00 PM
thanks watching it now

ace3g
01-05-2009, 05:06 PM
I love Hairston's ability to get to the basket and draw fouls

ChumpDumper
01-05-2009, 05:26 PM
Malik's having a good game. Don't know why Cheikh Samb and James Mays haven't played for Colorado though. Sean Williams looks ok, but not kind of force I expected -- has three fouls.

ChumpDumper
01-05-2009, 06:45 PM
Final: Toros 95, 14ers 91

Samb got traded to the Clippers.

Hairston and Weems played each other to a standstill.

Marcus had a great second half. Drove off screens very well and got to the line a lot.

The seven man rotation is going to wear them out at some point. They need one more guard to step up or be signed up.

Tully365
01-05-2009, 06:48 PM
Malik's having a good game. Don't know why Cheikh Samb and James Mays haven't played for Colorado though. Sean Williams looks ok, but not kind of force I expected -- has three fouls.

I just read on Hoopshype that Samb was traded today by Detroit to the Clippers.

For a conditional 2nd round pick too! The Spurs have 3 2nd round picks in the '09 draft-- wish they could have used just one to get him.

T Park
01-05-2009, 06:49 PM
Hairston seems to be developing well.

Really hope he makes things interesting in training camp next year.

Chump, would you say hes a better prospect and better chance of staying around than say James White?

ChumpDumper
01-05-2009, 06:55 PM
Hairston seems to be developing well.

Really hope he makes things interesting in training camp next year.

Chump, would you say hes a better prospect and better chance of staying around than say James White?

I like the way Hairston is developing. He's still very aggressive with his drives but makes better choices about when to drive now. Needs a more reliable outside shot and he's not a super defender yet.

White's problem was he regressed after making some improvements. We'll see if Hairston can keep getting better.

ChumpDumper
01-05-2009, 07:03 PM
http://www.nba.com/dleague/games/boxscore.jsp?gameId=2020800386

Kori Ellis
01-05-2009, 07:23 PM
In other news, James White! was D-League player of the week.

T Park
01-05-2009, 07:24 PM
I like the way Hairston is developing. He's still very aggressive with his drives but makes better choices about when to drive now. Needs a more reliable outside shot and he's not a super defender yet.

White's problem was he regressed after making some improvements. We'll see if Hairston can keep getting better.

Interesting, I thought he had a pretty good jump shot. Hopefully they have Chip England working with him on that aspect, and I thought one of his plus things he brought in training camp was his defense.

ChumpDumper
01-05-2009, 07:27 PM
Interesting, I thought he had a pretty good jump shot. Hopefully they have Chip England working with him on that aspect, and I thought one of his plus things he brought in training camp was his defense.He has shot well from the arc this season, but he needs to mix it in a bit more during the regular course of the game. Most of the time his threes are last second heaves.

He's got the tools to be a very good defender and still gets those nice blocks pretty often, but hes not a stopper at this point.

Bruno
01-07-2009, 06:22 PM
DX has a blog about the showcase :
http://www.draftexpress.com/blog/D-League-Blog/#D-League-Showcase--Day-Two-3075

They give their advice on some player including on Hairston, Sims (some people here want that Spurs sign him) and James White! .