PDA

View Full Version : Thomas has to play with TD

Josepatches_
01-05-2009, 09:41 PM
OK.Our bench could suck but c'mon....we are allowing a lot of offensive rebounds.That's not the way.Bonner is a great shooter but he's a SF.That's all

HarlemHeat37
01-05-2009, 09:50 PM
it'll be all about scenarios and matchups..

Thomas has been getting minutes when the matchup is right, like against the Suns for example..

I expect to see more KT in the playoffs..

I'd rather let Bonner start for now, to keep his confidence up..

timvp
01-05-2009, 09:57 PM
Bonner is a great shooter but he's a SF.That's all:lol @ Bonner being a SF.

Bonner was rebounding better when he first got the starting gig. Lately he has tailed off. Tonight he again had a bunch of rebounds bounce off his hands. Bonner has rebounded good enough in the past ... for whatever reason he's in a rebounding slump right now.

But no, Bonner isn't a SF. The last time he played SF, Kobe went off for 81 . . .

T Park
01-05-2009, 09:58 PM
Bonner played well tonight, but yeah, small forward, no...

Hemotivo
01-05-2009, 09:59 PM
But no, Bonner isn't a SF. The last time he played SF, Kobe went off for 81 . . .

:lmao

Rogue
01-05-2009, 10:50 PM
OK.Our bench could suck but c'mon....we are allowing a lot of offensive rebounds.That's not the way.Bonner is a great shooter but he's a SF.That's all
can't you press the f**king "space" button after you finish one sentence? it didn't matter though. What matters is bonner's poor rebounding. Bonner is too slow and slumpy to play SF but his rebounds obviously don't match with his position. It's a better choice to start a SF who is good at rebounding but not removing Bonner for KT. KT is a pretty good rebound graber but he contributes little on the offensive end, while bonner helps TD a lot on that end. We still need bonner to start with TD but there is still something to do to improve our rebounds. Finley and Mason are both SG so it's not their false to lose the rebound to their opponent SFs. It's not that amazing to suck in rebounding as we start two SGs and Tp on our backcourt. But we don't have a real SF on team who is good at rebound, then I see some trade is gonna happen.

SenorSpur
01-06-2009, 12:36 AM
Bonner needs to use more of that brawn he built up from chopping wood or hauling sandwiches or whatever.

Austin_Toros
01-06-2009, 03:29 AM
i rather bonner start- assuming he can still produce some offence.
as for KT, i would like his rebounding skills to see some solid minutes.

mrspurs
01-06-2009, 08:38 AM
Not sure what was so funny saying Matt was a SF. I think its funny calling him a Center. That would have raised a laugh out of me. Pop has done a fine job of playing Matt this season. With Fab out and Kurt just being old and short. This team has no threat what so ever inside the paint. Imo on days when Timmy looks lazy as some say. Its because Timmy is just playing to the level he has on his team when it comes to Bigs. I think we will find out real soon just how bad or good our inside defense is. We're getting by with Pops coaching against sorry teams. And last night we did win on the boards by 1. The game became very boring, the Heat are just another sorry team that Pop was playing with. We had our rookies and even they had a field day away from home. I switched to watching the Longhorns game and am happy I did. Im ready to start playing the real NBA teams. This has got be the longest start of a season I remember. Win or lose. Well the wins are better.

Josepatches_
01-07-2009, 11:35 AM
:lol @ Bonner being a SF.

Bonner was rebounding better when he first got the starting gig. Lately he has tailed off. Tonight he again had a bunch of rebounds bounce off his hands. Bonner has rebounded good enough in the past ... for whatever reason he's in a rebounding slump right now.

Of course he'snt.it was only a joke. But he doesnt play like a PF.Bonner isn't very tall and he doesn't have a great jump neither and he's not as good to close the paint to allow an easy rebound
It's not casual than TD is averaging less rebounds than other years.

Another problem it's that TD has to take the better big every play so he can't help his teammates as he usually did in the past.

Yes,I know that we don't have better players right now and a backup frontcourt Bonner-Tolliver is a joke.And it's true Bonner is playing great but it's true too that we didn't play very good against winning teams and we are the 25th team of the league in rebounds.

phyzik
01-07-2009, 11:46 AM
As far as allowing way too many offensive rebounds to the competition, I think its because of our defensive scheme. The reason we allow so many is because as soon as the shot is taken we are already trying to get our defense set on the other end. We have sucked at offensive boards for quite a few years now IIRC.

Bruno
01-07-2009, 11:50 AM
As far as allowing way too many offensive rebounds to the competition, I think its because of our defensive scheme.

Spurs are the best team in the league at limiting opponents offensive rebounds and by a significant margin.
And if Spurs continue on that pace, they will be the best defensive rebounding team in the NBA history.

mrspurs
01-07-2009, 03:18 PM
So much for AT.

Josepatches_
01-17-2009, 12:30 AM
Ok.We aren't as bad as tonight right now.It was only a loss.Even we are a tittle contenders IMO.But I said the same.Defensively TD looks worse than ever because he's playing with Bonner.
Bonner is a very good shooter and he could have a good role in the team.But he looks undersized and he isn't very athletic.
If Tim is not in the paint cause his man is open it's not very hard to made a layup or an easy shot against us.Maybe Thomas isn't a great blocker neither but he always was a good defensive player.
And I can't understand why we sign Croshere.We don't need an old Bonner.

South Side Spurs Fan
01-17-2009, 12:58 AM
Imo on days when Timmy looks lazy as some say. Its because Timmy is just playing to the level he has on his team when it comes to Bigs.

I dont think Tim does this...I think Tim is in visible decline. This is corroberated by recent articles saying Tim has lingering issues with his knee (lack of flex). I broke my ankle twice on the court, and I know firsthand once you screw up those ligaments and tendons to the point they no longer flex properly, you lose alot as far as vertical and explosiveness. I think we see that anytime Tim plays younger explosive bigs. If we can't get started on grooming his heir, I'm afraid we're going to have a huge falloff in the next year or two.

South Side Spurs Fan
01-17-2009, 01:01 AM
Ok.We aren't as bad as tonight right now.It was only a loss.Even we are a tittle contenders IMO.But I said the same.Defensively TD looks worse than ever because he's playing with Bonner.
Bonner is a very good shooter and he could have a good role in the team.But he looks undersized and he isn't very athletic.
If Tim is not in the paint cause his man is open it's not very hard to made a layup or an easy shot against us.Maybe Thomas isn't a great blocker neither but he always was a good defensive player.
And I can't understand why we sign Croshere.We don't need an old Bonner.

The point of Bonner is the same as it was with Horry...allow Tim space to operate and open the lane by keeping your other big on the perimeter...hence the Croshere signing.

Let's face it, Pop doesn't want a monster down low rebounding and blocking shots because Tony wouldn't have the lane as much and the offense wouldn't run as well off of Tim. This is why Scola plays in Houston, not SA.