PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker reaction over Rose being traded

stéphane
02-27-2005, 02:24 PM
Hello everyone,
Hope Kori wont be mad at me for creating a new topic over Malic being traded...as she's trying to make this forum clearer.
I'll try to write in a correct english too :)
Well i was on TP official website that hosts online a Show that Tony does every week in a big french radio...
He reacted over 'lic being traded and seemed to be really hurt. Usually he's always laughing and joking around with peeps that call to ask him questions, but this show was more "I dont care about anything, Malic left" type of thing...
It seems that it has been quite a big surprise for him and that Pop definitely not talk with him about the trade before it was announced to the team.
He was saying that as all of you already know Rose was a huge part of the team chemistry in the locker room and that Malic always supported him since he was drafted by the Spurs. As a result of this friendship Tony was saying Malik even refused to meet Kidd last summer when the trade was being negotiated.
He added that the teammates that were the most hurt were -of course- TD (cant forget 8years like that even if you're a great professionnal like Tim) and Bruce Bowen. As far as i know, TP is a "winner" and a great professionnal too and i never heard him reacting like that maybe the front office didn't really well seen how this trade could hurt some of the spurs players...
They have to go on but IMO you cant control human reactions and even if you want to win and try to self-motivate sometimes when the soul isn't there the legs doesn't follow your commands...
Hope it wont last too long... :depressed

SD French Spurs fan

Spurgal
02-27-2005, 02:42 PM
Malik will be missed by many, not just by his former teammates but also by his true Spurs Fans...
But, let's not make this any more complicated then It already Is.
Malik Is not dead! He Is just now playing for another NBA team as part of his job. Let's be more positive and let's focus on supporting our Spurs on winning another Championship and let's just wish Malik the very best of luck with his new team...

stéphane
02-27-2005, 02:56 PM
Not trying to make it harder for anybody :)
I'm just trying to sum up quickly a Spurs starter reaction about something that makes people talk about these days and sharing my opinion about how surprised i'm because i cant ever remenber seing such a sport professionnal mourning over "just" a trade.
and yes man :) Go Spurs, Go and get this bloody ring.

whottt
02-27-2005, 02:59 PM
Thanks for the that post Stephane...a lot of us do want to read the reactions of the Spurs players to this trade.

Not all of us are into sticking our heads in the sand and forcing ourselves into denial just to protect the legacy of Pop being perfect.

And what Tony said confirms a lot of what I already thought.

Nazr does have big shoes to fill...and since we are in a hunt for a title he needs to get it in gear quick once he starts playing.

Tom_Foolery
02-27-2005, 03:02 PM
Not trying to make it harder for anybody :)
I'm just trying to sum up quickly a Spurs starter reaction about something that makes people talk about these days and sharing my opinion about how surprised i'm because i cant ever remenber seing such a sport professionnal mourning over "just" a trade.
and yes man :) Go Spurs, Go and this bloody ring.

Let's not rule out the possibility of Malik returning to the Spurs eventually. Looking at alot of franchise players, it seems like alot are coming back to the teams they originally were on.

I don't think it's completely impossible. You never know, maybe a year or two down the road?

50 cent
02-27-2005, 03:52 PM
Probably not in his current contract's lifetime Tom, but I wouldn't be suprised to see him back in 4-5 years as a Horry type player.

Dario
02-27-2005, 06:06 PM
That kind of things definately infects team and imo was a bad move by pop. Its not like i'm against nazr, i never even saw the guy play, its the fact that pop broke team chemistry, which was having great success. Guys are thinking lot less on basketball then before and like i said - lucky that its some time till playoffs for all this to settle down a bit

GoldToe
02-27-2005, 06:45 PM
The NBA is a business and it was a good business decision. If you cannot make the tough decisions you have no business being at the top.

I don't think Pop want to hear the words, "your're fired".

Spurgal
02-27-2005, 07:57 PM
All I can say Is that, what's done Is done... And there Is no turning back.

Malik Is now part of another Basketball team thanks to RC the :drunk!
All we can do now Is wish for the best on the Spurs and for Malik with the Knicks.
It's going to SUX though, If we win another championship this year and Malik won't be part of It... Timmy and Malik were the only oldschools left from the 99' Championship... :depressed Now, It's only Timmy.

GoSpurs21
02-27-2005, 10:31 PM
the Spurs got their morn for Malik game against Memphis last night, now it's time for the Spurs to get the heads back the business at hand, winning a championship

good luck Malik

ducks
02-27-2005, 10:50 PM
ofcourse tp is hurt
rose is the one that went to bat for him when they were after kidd
but life goes on
also rose's new house was being built to tp's new house
spurs were stupid going after kidd
they were not stupid trying to strengthen their weakest postion

tp is the new leader