PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, old people should be kept out of the road

pawe
01-06-2009, 12:17 AM
What a hassle! My car was backed into by a 63 yr old woman.
she was trying merge on a busy street when I suddenly saw her backing lights turn on and then BAM! rammed the back of her car into my front bumper. She got out,looked at my car and said "sonny (i guess I still look like an 18yo) I wouldn't back up if I saw you behind me, and besides, it doesnt look that bad". Unbelievable! :lol

http://e.imagehost.org/0069/010520091535_new_copy.jpg
^^^Im sure she didnt see me because of all the stuff blocking her view.

Anyway, anyone here had the same experience/insurance expert that can give advice if I should ask for a replacement bumper or do what the old lady's insurance company said by taking my car to one of their affiliated bodyshops. Im worried about the alignment and paint job.

CuckingFunt
01-06-2009, 12:29 AM
We get it. You have a Mercedes. No one cares.

Richer.

mrsmaalox
01-06-2009, 12:32 AM
It doesn't look that bad.

pawe
01-06-2009, 12:38 AM
pffft, im showing the picture because she said it wasnt that bad considering the damage. Plus, the junk on her car was the reason she didnt see me.
It's just common sense not to back up if you dont have a clear view of your surroundings. What if there was a person crossing and got pinned?

pawe
01-06-2009, 12:39 AM
Now, where's my advice huh?

marini martini
01-06-2009, 12:50 AM
Well I guess you didn't see the old drunk guy I ran over!!! That's why I had to back up, Sonny!!! Sheesh, don't you know when you see back up lights go on in the car in front of you, you need to back up too?????

InRareForm
01-06-2009, 12:57 AM
Subliminal "I got a Mercedes" Advertisement.

2Blonde
01-06-2009, 01:02 AM
The only thing I can tell you is that in Texas, insurance companies are required to inform you that you can take your car to any body shop you please. It is illegal for them not to make you aware of that. If you don't live in Texas... you may be screwed!:lol

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
01-06-2009, 01:05 AM
Too bad there wasn't a ball on that hitch.

I keep mine on at all times just to maximize the damage. It makes me laugh.

baseline bum
01-06-2009, 01:06 AM

Richer.

:lol

pretty transparent

pawe
01-06-2009, 01:08 AM
Well I guess you didn't see the old drunk guy I ran over!!! That's why I had to back up, Sonny!!! Sheesh, don't you know when you see back up lights go on in the car in front of you, you need to back up too?????

it was so quick that all i got to do was step on the brake more because i thought i was the one rolling towards her car.

You think its better to ask allstate (her insurance co) for a check so i can buy a replacement or go to the affiliated body shop or find the best bodyshop in town even if its not affiliated.
Sorry for the questions, it's just my 3rd yr here in the USA and my first time dealing with insurance companies.

balli
01-06-2009, 01:10 AM
Now, where's my advice huh?
When I got T'd by a lady running a red light I took my car to her insurance company's shop. I think it was State Farm and they were affiliated with like 50 shops or so in Salt Lake. I went with a dealership, because I wasn't paying the bill.
Go for it and ask for a new bumper, and maybe they'll be cool, but if it's repairable they'll probably be more inclined to fix it, rather than charge a new one. They do after all, have to maintain some respectability and honesty with the insurance companies.
And when you take your car into the dealer, since it's an insurance claim, they'll have aq claims-adjuster on-hand who will go out and do a spot check on your car with you. That's the time to show the damage and mention any and every question you might have about the alignment, frame damage, paint, etc, etc, etc.

Edit: And be very clear on the terms of the rental they give you. State Farm gave me a rental from Enterprise until my car was out the shop. But the shop took longer than they were supposed to and State Farm tried to charge me like $200.00 of the rental car bill. I explained to them that they were and why they were crazy and that the 200 would go unpaid forever. So they backed off. But it was a pain in the ass getting it all sorted out.

pawe
01-06-2009, 01:19 AM
When I got T'd by a lady running a red light I took my car to her insurance company's shop. I think it was State Farm and they were affiliated with like 50 shops or so in Salt Lake. I went with a dealership, because I wasn't paying the bill.
Go for it and ask for a new bumper, and maybe they'll be cool, but if it's repairable they'll probably be more inclined to fix it, rather than charge a new one. They do after all, have to maintain some respectability and honesty with the insurance companies.
And when you take your car into the dealer, since it's an insurance claim, they'll have aq claims-adjuster on-hand who will go out and do a spot check on your car with you. That's the time to show the damage and mention any and every question you might have about the alignment, frame damage, paint, etc, etc, etc.

Thank you! Did your premium increase after the accident that you had? That's what I have in mind, I'll just have an estimate and ask the lady if she wants to pay out of pocket so our rates wont go up.

...you also forgot the richer part or whatever that means like what the others did

balli
01-06-2009, 01:51 AM
Thank you! Did your premium increase after the accident that you had?
No. And as a matter of fact, since I had a lot of witnesses who saw her full on run a red light, I didn't file a report with the cops and thus, my insurance never even found out about it. Wish I could give you more advice as to premium increases in relation to accidents you don't cause, but to be honest I'm ignorant about how much you may or may not be affected. But good luck.

...you also forgot the richer part or whatever that means like what the others did
Don't worry. It's the first thing I thought upon opening this thread. I just figured I'd let someone else say it.

Mr Dio
01-06-2009, 02:08 AM
Have their appraiser go to the shop you choose to have work done at so they can hash everything out.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-06-2009, 02:14 AM
i feel a person over the age of 60 should be tested each and every year. written and driving.

balli
01-06-2009, 02:23 AM
i feel a person over the age of 60 should be tested each and every year. written and driving.

I'd say men over 60. Women over 35.

DPG21920
01-06-2009, 02:32 AM
In texas, you do not have to file a report with the police unless it is a hit and run or theft.

pawe
01-06-2009, 02:44 AM
It's great if they can get around because that means they're independent but they should also take it into consideration that other people may get injured by their lack of response time or attention. I think I read somewhere that seniors are more dangerous than teens on the road.

PM5K
01-06-2009, 04:03 AM
Wow man nice Mercedes....

pawe
01-06-2009, 04:05 AM

Wow man, nice of you to contribute something on this thread. :toast

timothymoses
01-06-2009, 06:39 AM
Yeah i agree with you better they should stay in home itself...

Blake
01-06-2009, 09:03 AM
seriously, you think a 63 year old should be kept off the road?

I think all women should be kept off the road, but a 63 year old? That's just ignant.

BacktoBasics
01-06-2009, 09:06 AM

Richer.beat me to it. Nice work Funt

Homeland Security
01-06-2009, 09:07 AM

Wow man, nice of you to contribute something on this thread. :toast
:lmao 24-year-old office assistants can lease C-Classes.

pawe
01-06-2009, 11:39 AM
With all that time spent on trying to be funny or thinking of some witty remark you could have at least suggested a helpful tip.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-06-2009, 11:50 AM

Richer.

Sorry...application denied. Members of Club Richer are actually rich...and old...oh, and the coolest people on the planet.

The woman driving the truck might qualify, however. Was that a tow hitch on her truck? She might own horses. Have her drop an app by the office.

I. Hustle
01-06-2009, 12:29 PM
Sorry for the questions, it's just my 3rd yr here in the USA and my first time dealing with insurance companies.

F'n foreign richers

I. Hustle
01-06-2009, 12:34 PM
someone backed "into" me too
http://www.autoalerts.com/wp-content/gallery/wrecked-exotics-car-on-car-action/wrecked-exotic-porsche-under-toyota.jpg

Then some dude touched my other car
http://www.lowrideredge.com/features/0501lre_02z+2004_Rolls_Royce_Phantom+Front_View.jp g

PM5K
01-06-2009, 12:44 PM
Then some dude touched my other car
http://www.lowrideredge.com/features/0501lre_02z+2004_Rolls_Royce_Phantom+Front_View.jp g

I hope your body guards cut his fucking hand off...

I. Hustle
01-06-2009, 12:47 PM
I hope your body guards cut his fucking hand off...

Nah they burned his penis then set his wife up... I really need to get new body guards

CosmicCowboy
01-06-2009, 01:04 PM
What a hassle! My car was backed into by a 63 yr old woman.
she was trying merge on a busy street when I suddenly saw her backing lights turn on and then BAM! rammed the back of her car into my front bumper. She got out,looked at my car and said "sonny (i guess I still look like an 18yo) I wouldn't back up if I saw you behind me, and besides, it doesnt look that bad". Unbelievable! :lol

http://e.imagehost.org/0069/010520091535_new_copy.jpg
^^^Im sure she didnt see me because of all the stuff blocking her view.

Anyway, anyone here had the same experience/insurance expert that can give advice if I should ask for a replacement bumper or do what the old lady's insurance company said by taking my car to one of their affiliated bodyshops. Im worried about the alignment and paint job.

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah...you didn't rear end her..she backed into YOU. LOL
I call bullshit. Even if she did back in to you all she has to tell the cop is she was minding her own business and felt this thump and realized that this young punk had hit her LOL.