PDA

View Full Version : Mack Brown...........LOL, what a dumb arse!!!

lebomb
01-06-2009, 01:58 PM
Mack Brown: Great coach, lousy voter

Unlike those Texas cheerleaders, Mack Brown wasn't holding his hand over his heart last night when he took a vow to cast a maverick vote. But Texas' coach still made it clear his choice for No. 1 won't hinge on the Florida-Oklahoma outcome in the BCS title game.

Brown said he'll be voting for his Texas team in the USA TODAY coaches poll.

"I wasn't sure before, but Friday morning I'm going to vote Texas No. 1 because I think this is the best team in the country," Brown said after Texas squeaked past Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl.

We'll let others debate the big-picture value of a last-minute victory against the Buckeyes, but here's the thing: If Mack is willing to go against the grain and vote his Longhorns No. 1 now, why didn't he do it when it could have helped his team?

As the Fort Worth Star-Telegram notes, Brown voted Florida No. 1 in the final regular-season poll, and that helped the Gators get to No. 2 in the BCS standings. If Brown truly feels he has America's best team, he should have voted that way back when they still could have gone to the BCS championship game.

Brown's vote also would be contrary to the agreement the American Football Coaches Association has with voters in the poll. As AFCA executive director Grant Teaff reminded on Sunday: "This poll is not, since 1998, to select the national champion. The winner of the (BCS championship) game is the winner of the (BCS) trophy. Which means the coaches do not vote for No. 1, they vote for No. 2 down."

Also, Brown should know his vote is due Thursday night, right after the game, not Friday morning.

USAtoday.

samikeyp
01-06-2009, 07:13 PM
And Stoops would if his team won (if he had a vote) and so would Carroll, Leach and most of the rest of the coaches. Why does this shock people?

purist
01-06-2009, 07:17 PM
Non story.

stretch
01-06-2009, 07:23 PM
just lebomb being the usual dumbass he is

no suprizes here

CubanMustGo
01-06-2009, 07:23 PM
Maybe lebomb wants Mack to vote for UTSA. :smokin

johngateswhiteley
01-06-2009, 07:44 PM
And Stoops would if his team won (if he had a vote) and so would Carroll, Leach and most of the rest of the coaches. Why does this shock people?

i don't necessarily think thats true, but it doesn't matter. i liked when Mack said they beat a full strength ohio state team unlike USC, lol. like it would have mattered. SC would have crushed that team regardless. not to mention, they just crushed the team that beat ohio state in columbus.

samikeyp
01-06-2009, 07:47 PM
Carroll said he thought they were the best in the Country after the Rose Bowl but again, nothing wrong with that.

johngateswhiteley
01-06-2009, 07:57 PM
Carroll said he thought they were the best in the Country after the Rose Bowl but again, nothing wrong with that.

i bet you wont see him vote for SC in the coaches poll, and he has as good a reason as mack does.

samikeyp
01-06-2009, 08:01 PM
i bet you wont see him vote for SC in the coaches poll, and he has as good a reason as mack does.

Nice try my friend. :)

Carroll doesn't have a vote. Well played. :tu

lebomb
01-07-2009, 08:43 AM
just lebomb being the usual dumbass he is

no suprizes here

STFU...................I just showed what was printed. I didnt write the article. I dont give two shits either way.......but, obviously some think he is retarded for wanting to vote UT #1 after that debacle of a game. Anyone can see that is stupid.

stretch
01-07-2009, 09:01 AM
STFU...................I just showed what was printed. I didnt write the article. I dont give two shits either way.......but, obviously some think he is retarded for wanting to vote UT #1 after that debacle of a game. Anyone can see that is stupid.

It's called having fun, telling the fans what they want to hear, and giving your young team extra confidence going into the next season. Any good coach would do that.

lebomb
01-07-2009, 10:56 AM
It's called having fun, telling the fans what they want to hear, and giving your young team extra confidence going into the next season. Any good coach would do that.

Did you read the entire article? He didnt even vote his team #1 before his bowl game........he voted Florida. What a dumbass to try and vote UT #1 now.......especially after escaping OSU by the hair on their nutt sack.

Speaking of nutt sacks............Im still trying to figure out if you are a girl or Faggot. :(

to21
01-07-2009, 02:01 PM
Did you read the entire article? He didnt even vote his team #1 before his bowl game........he voted Florida. What a dumbass to try and vote UT #1 now.......especially after escaping OSU by the hair on their nutt sack.

Speaking of nutt sacks............Im still trying to figure out if you are a girl or Faggot. :(Big fucking deal.... Kyle Whittingham and Pete Carroll probably didn't vote Utah and SC in as a first place teams last time, don't think they are not gonna now

leemajors
01-07-2009, 03:46 PM
i don't necessarily think thats true, but it doesn't matter. i liked when Mack said they beat a full strength ohio state team unlike USC, lol. like it would have mattered. SC would have crushed that team regardless. not to mention, they just crushed the team that beat ohio state in columbus.

carroll wouldn't do it again? he did in 2003.