PDA

View Full Version : Married (almost) at 6 and 7

lefty
01-06-2009, 04:40 PM
Kids :lmao

Police foil German children's dash to Africa

Buzz Up Send
Email IM Share
Digg Facebook Newsvine del.icio.us Reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Bookmarks Print Mon Jan 5, 1:35 pm ETBERLIN (Reuters) – Three German children aged five, six and seven who said they were fed up with cold weather at home set off on a voyage to Africa but only got as far as the local train station, police said on Monday.

The boy and the older girl were planning to get married in Africa and brought the girl's five-year-old sister along as a witness. They left their home in the city of Hanover, which they shared with the boy's father and the girls' mother, early on New Year's Day as their parents slept.

"The children wanted to do something really special for the New Year," said police spokesman Holger Jureczko. "They had it all planned out. They had three suitcases, filled with food, swimming costumes, a lilo and even sunglasses."

He said they took a tram to the central station and were about to board a train to the airport when police stopped them.

"They said they wanted to go to Africa 'because it's so nice and warm there'," Jureczko said. The boy had once been to Italy and convinced the girl that Africa would be even warmer, he said.

The police told the trio that it would be difficult to get to Africa without money or tickets and instead gave them a tour of the police station before handing them over to their parents.

monosylab1k
01-06-2009, 04:41 PM
I'm just going to assume there's another thread created for this, no more than 5 or 6 spots down on the front page.

lefty
01-06-2009, 04:43 PM
Where?

I. Hustle
01-06-2009, 04:58 PM
What is a lilo?

baseline bum
01-06-2009, 05:03 PM
What is a lilo?

lilo is a bootloader for Linux. I prefer GRUB.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f4/Lilo.png

http://linux.softpedia.com/screenshots/GNU-GRUB_2.jpg

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-06-2009, 05:19 PM
I commend this boy on his smartly devised threesome.

jack sommerset
01-06-2009, 05:22 PM

:lol

lefty
01-06-2009, 06:39 PM

:rollin

Bender
01-06-2009, 06:44 PM
so what the hell is a "lilo" in their suitcase?

I know about the linux bootloader, LINUX LOADER (I use it)

2Blonde
01-06-2009, 08:26 PM
That's so cute. When we first moved to San Antonio my daughter was in the 3rd grade. After being in school for about a week she came home with some real diamond jewelry ( a necklace and a ring, I think). I found it in her backpack and asked her about it. A little boy in her class told her he wanted to marry her and gave her the jewelry. I told her I was sorry but she was going to have to tell him that her mother said she was too young to get married and give back the jewelry. She did and the boy was so upset he said he was going to marry someone else in the class instead. That's when I called the other mother and told her where her missing jewelry was. :lol