PDA

View Full Version : Pj Brown saved boston?

ManuTP9
01-06-2009, 06:10 PM
i was watching the beat on nba tv and they were talking about how they dont think the celtics would of beaten the cavs if it werent for PJ brown and posey. they said brown because he knocked down that clutch shot in game 7 to the cavs and he was playing well that whole series.

Allanon
01-06-2009, 06:13 PM
No PJ Brown and no Posey last year, I think the Lakers would have won against the Celtics.

I didn't watch much of the Cavs/Celtics series but I also think Posey's size against LeBron was also key in that series.

Celtics are screwed versus the Cavs this year because they really don't have a guy to cover LeBron. Too bad the Cavs offense still isn't good enough, either team could win the Conference.

I hope the Celtics make it out because the Celtics can't matchup with them this year (unless they get a big man and a better Kobe Stopper).

JamStone
01-06-2009, 06:27 PM
Posey was a major loss. Brown had maybe one really standout game in the playoffs last year against the Cavs. It happened to be game 7 of the series. I don't think he's a huge loss this year.

And, for much of the close fourth quarters in that Boston-Cleveland series, Paul Pierce defended LeBron and defended him well. Posey helped to keep Pierce out of foul trouble. But, Pierce actually matched up against LeBron as well as any other starting small forward in the league other than maybe Ron Artest and Josh Smith (who is still playing power forward anyway). Pierce has size, bulk, strength, adequate length, and athleticism to match LeBron. Not better than LeBron's. Not the same as LeBron's, but in the same league.

Allanon
01-06-2009, 06:37 PM
But, Pierce actually matched up against LeBron as well as any other starting small forward in the league other than maybe Ron Artest and Josh Smith (who is still playing power forward anyway). Pierce has size, bulk, strength, adequate length, and athleticism to match LeBron. Not better than LeBron's. Not the same as LeBron's, but in the same league.

I thought it was the Celtic team defense that stopped LeBron but then again, I didn't really watch the series or any Cavs/Celtics games.

Kobe™
01-06-2009, 06:45 PM
They miss Posey a lot,
their bench took a big hit w/o him.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-06-2009, 08:23 PM
The best 1 on 1 LeBron defender is Shawn Marion IMO. He puts up a bunch of points whenever he plays Marion but Marion makes him work for all of his shots and most importantly is never able to elevate the play of his teammates when Marion is guarding him, which is what makes LeBron so dangerous.

YellowFever
01-06-2009, 08:31 PM
PJ alone?

No.

PJ and Posey?

Yeah.

nkdlunch
01-06-2009, 08:35 PM
yeah role players are valuable and can save a series ala Big Shot Rob

Some players like Rob are made to be this kind of player, Posey is another. Other players just have their one moment, like PJ. Boston now has neither.

JoeTait75
01-06-2009, 09:07 PM
The best 1 on 1 LeBron defender is Shawn Marion IMO. He puts up a bunch of points whenever he plays Marion but Marion makes him work for all of his shots and most importantly is never able to elevate the play of his teammates when Marion is guarding him, which is what makes LeBron so dangerous.

The best one-on-one LeBron defender I've seen is Artest, IMO.

Rogue
01-06-2009, 11:28 PM
Brown is no longer gonna save them again because he has retired. But G davis and powe has made big progresses and already taken Brown's stack, and the celtics are still the best team in the east, or even the whole league.