PDA

View Full Version : Much Ado about nothing?

DPG21920
01-06-2009, 09:09 PM
As Jayc pointed out and some have agreed, do you think Manu has a problem with Hill? It is strange that my dad mentioned to me last night that during the game, twice had Hill gone up to Manu for a high 5 and that Manu brushed him off.

I was dismissive and said I did not notice, but now more people are discussing this dynamic. Does it hold any water?

Kori Ellis
01-06-2009, 09:13 PM
No.

Allanon
01-06-2009, 09:15 PM
No.

No to "Much ado about nothing" meaning Yes there is something.

or No to "Does it hold any water?"

DAF86
01-06-2009, 09:16 PM
Just what we need, another Manu vs PG battle.

DPG21920
01-06-2009, 09:17 PM

Meaning are people seeing something that is not there. (which is what i think)

01-06-2009, 09:21 PM
might be nothing, i haven't seen enough evidence yet but i know what you're talking about. i've noticed hill would pass the ball to ginobili and ginobili would not pass it back. i remember one specific incident where hill was wide open but ginobili still did not pass even though he already gave up the dribble and was close to getting trapped. maybe he just didn't see him.

Yorae
01-06-2009, 09:21 PM
No. Does Manu like donuts?

DPG21920
01-06-2009, 09:28 PM
I personally do not see it, but it was being discussed in another thread and I know how ST loves Manu vs......................

Kori Ellis
01-06-2009, 09:29 PM

:)

No to "Does it hold any water?"

Allanon
01-06-2009, 09:29 PM
Just what we need, another Manu vs PG battle.

The Trade Manu/"Tony is a god" crowd have gotten another ally ... hahah.

DPG, ah, Kori got what I meant by that :lol

DPG21920
01-06-2009, 09:33 PM
The Trade Manu/"Tony is a god" crowd have gotten another ally ... hahah.

DPG, ah, Kori got what I meant by that :lol

NVM, DPG is a little slow today...(no jokes from you Kori)

timvp
01-06-2009, 09:36 PM
The only thing I've noticed is that a few times Manu will run up to Hill and demand the ball. But Hill always gives it to him and runs to the corner.

Manu has no reason to not like Hill, though. When they are on the floor together, Hill is constantly looking to pass Manu the ball. Even to a fault . . .

DPG21920
01-06-2009, 09:38 PM
The only thing I've noticed is that a few times Manu will run up to Hill and demand the ball. But Hill always gives it to him and runs to the corner.

Manu has no reason to not like Hill, though. When they are on the floor together, Hill is constantly looking to pass Manu the ball. Even to a fault . . .

I think that is more of what the people discussing were referring to. Maybe not that Gino does not "like Hill", but does not trust or respect him.

Kind of "looks through him" a lot is what I took from their convo.

DAF86
01-06-2009, 09:41 PM
I think that is more of what the people discussing were referring to. Maybe not that Gino does not "like Hill", but does not trust or respect him.

Kind of "looks through him" a lot is what I took from their convo.

He passed the ball to JV a lot of times through the last 2 seasons, I don't think there's a trust issue with Hill.

Biernutz
01-06-2009, 09:41 PM
He's a rookie,they have to treat him like crap. Hey George --where's the doughnuts?

HarlemHeat37
01-06-2009, 09:46 PM
Ginobili is still getting his offense in a rhythm..he needs chemistry with the new guys..and he's accustomed to being the only option off the bench, so it'll take us a little more time to see a rhythm with the guys off the bench, particularly Manu and George..

PURO SAN ANTO 210!
01-06-2009, 10:23 PM
I Never Noticed Any Of Manu N Hill. But The Other Game When Tony Hit The Buzzer Beater. Mason Went Up To Manu For A High Five N He Turned His Back On Him. I Wuz Like Damn That's Fucked Up. I Love Manu, I Did'nt Like When He Did That Thou.

tmtcsc
01-06-2009, 10:25 PM
That's interesting. I've noticed Manu getting pissed at Bonner quite a few times and I've seen Tim show alot of frustration with the new guys too. He's barked at George, Roger and Bonner. When Bonner missed a dunk and hung on the rim while trying to grab at the ball, you could see Manu throw up his hands as if to say "What the hell are you doing ?"..missing a dunk and then playing the fool. He also looks sick to his stomach when Bonner misses open 3's.

Hell, I'm sitting at home thinking "I know ! I know".

tmtcsc
01-06-2009, 10:27 PM
I Never Noticed Any Of Manu N Hill. But The Other Game When Tony Hit The Buzzer Beater. Mason Went Up To Manu For A High Five N He Turned His Back On Him. I Wuz Like Damn That's Fucked Up. I Love Manu, I Did'nt Like When He Did That Thou.

Did you notice that Tim didn't even jump up or get excited. He didn't congratulate Tony or anything. He just walked off the court.

The Truth #6
01-06-2009, 10:33 PM
I think Manu is just focused on getting points up. I don't think it's anything personal with Hill.

MarHill
01-06-2009, 10:39 PM
I haven't notice Manu's interaction will George that closely. I hope there is nothing going on.

I agree with some earlier posts that George just gives the ball to Manu and gets out of the way. I know he's a rookie and he wants to fit in...but he should be given an opportunity to run the 2nd unit offense some more.

That will help Manu.....I hope he realizes that!!

Rogue
01-06-2009, 10:53 PM
He's a rookie,they have to treat him like crap. Hey George --where's the doughnuts?

it doesn't hold much water either. Hill is a rookie but not a crap. These rookies need some game time to develop their skills and get themselves used to the NBA games, but not those criticle words against them. Manu is a pretty good player but he still sucked last night. I mean no one can always keep him hot throughout all his life, even manu has some games to suck in. Don't press rookies too hard, or they are gonna become real craps like Brown who was pressed from a talented younster to a crap by MJ.

Interrohater
01-06-2009, 11:01 PM
No, there's nothing going on. Watch the interview with George Hill in that other thread. In the last play that they show of George Hill getting the layup with the "and one", Manu walks over and gives him the obligatory "good shit" hand slap. The cameras don't let us see everything, so how can we assume at all the nature of these guy's relationships with each other? For all we know, Manu and Hill might play spades on the team flights to away games. Let's put this issue to rest.

peskypesky
01-06-2009, 11:52 PM
Manu is just playing hard to get.

Kori Ellis
01-06-2009, 11:55 PM
It's weird to me that any Spurs fan would question that Manu would being anything but extremely cool with anyone. And here, you guys are thinking he'd shut out and dislike a rookie teammate?

Please.

Gutter92
01-07-2009, 12:01 AM
Maybe I imagined it, but after Hill got a rebound, or a pass from the rebounder, he started taking it up, Manu asked for the ball...Hill continued dribbling and passed it kinda reluctantly in the last game..

Drachen
01-07-2009, 12:02 AM
Manu is just playing hard to get.

A quote like that (and this whole thread for that matter) is bound to start one of those damned LONG ASS threads chronicling the "romance" between player A and B and the soap opera they have with player C. Like the one we had a few years back complete with pictures. (I really hope someone remembers what I am talking about, because otherwise I will look crazy).

Behrooz24
01-07-2009, 12:04 AM
Time to re-skim the game

DPG21920
01-07-2009, 12:06 AM
I think these thoughts were more of a defending Hill than attacking Manu.

Thompson
01-07-2009, 12:40 AM
I'm sure Manu just didn't see him. I remember when George was having his 20+ point games, or maybe slightly before (when Manu was still out) seeing Manu really excited about Hill's game and running up to George after the game, thumping him on the head and back and walking with him down the hall.

50 cent
01-07-2009, 01:01 AM
Manu's becoming a grouchy old man. Ship his ass back to Argentina.

DAF86
01-07-2009, 01:51 AM
Manu's becoming a grouchy old man. Ship his ass back to Argentina.

No, let's better send him to Golden state for Jackson. What do you think Fity?

Yorae
01-07-2009, 01:55 AM
How about making him a human sacrifice to the basketball gods so that the next Tim Duncan will bounce our way next season?

ElNono
01-07-2009, 02:02 AM
I think more often than not, Manu is just pissed with his own game. A bad shot, a bad move, a turnover. I don't think it has anything to do with teammates. I think Pop would sit his ass immediately if he thought something like that is going on.

Hemotivo
01-07-2009, 02:18 AM
As Jayc pointed out and some have agreed, do you think Manu has a problem with Hill? It is strange that my dad mentioned to me last night that during the game, twice had Hill gone up to Manu for a high 5 and that Manu brushed him off.

I was dismissive and said I did not notice, but now more people are discussing this dynamic. Does it hold any water?

:lmao

Hemotivo
01-07-2009, 02:21 AM
and manu gets angry when there are problems with the def. rotations

i remember manu angry with francisco elson in off. and defense

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-07-2009, 02:21 AM
It's weird to me that any Spurs fan would question that Manu would being anything but extremely cool with anyone. And here, you guys are thinking he'd shut out and dislike a rookie teammate?

Please.

Exactly.

I have never seen Manu disrespect a teammate or anyone else for that matter. He's class all the way. Why the hell would he disrespect a talented, hardworking rookie?

No substance to this at all.

TMTTRIO
01-07-2009, 02:47 AM
I wouldn't take much out of it. I kind of agree that sometimes he gets frustrated with himself a lot and I don't think there's anything more than that. By the way I've seen him on the bench a lot talking in a friendly manner to George Hill so I think that erases this theory. Hey if we're going to make things up then I did see Manu also give Tony a hug the other day too:wow:lol.

m33p0
01-07-2009, 02:52 AM

everyone was.

deadratsam
01-07-2009, 03:05 AM
Exactly.

I have never seen Manu disrespect a teammate or anyone else for that matter. He's class all the way. Why the hell would he disrespect a talented, hardworking rookie?

No substance to this at all.

Didn't he place his used towel on Mighty Mouse during a team huddle?

elRxqGCZ520

Though, about Hill and Manu... when the Silver Stars were playing in the finals, Tim, Hill, Manu, Fab, and someone else went to see them and Hill sat between Fab and Manu. There's pictures from Getty but I can't post them or they'll fine me a bunch of money.

Kori Ellis
01-07-2009, 03:27 AM
I just think it's crazy for anyone to think that Manu would dislike Hill or consciously be trying to freeze him out in a game. Just because Manu shakes someone off on a play, or doesn't pass to them doesn't mean there's animosity. Maybe it just means he sees an opening or has thinks there's a better pass to make. There have been times when both Tony and Manu haven't trusted their new teammates in the past couple years, and both of them have admitted that. But that doesn't mean that they dislike them :lol which is what some posters try to imply. It just means that they aren't acclimated to them yet.

Anyway, I think Manu is trying his best to get his rhythm back and if that takes him being a little more selfish (though I don't see that), then that's okay. The Spurs need an in-rhythm, healthy Manu in the post season.

Manu, Tony, Tim and Bruce all get a little angry when there are problems with the rotations. And just about everyone got frustrated with Elson (on both ends).

But if I ever see Manu really pissed off on the floor/bench, it's usually when he thinks he himself f'd up.

Hey if we're going to make things up then I did see Manu also give Tony a hug the other day too.

:lol I think I see that almost every game. Don't tell the haters though.

anakha
01-07-2009, 03:33 AM
So, so far this season, we've had people speculating that Mason dissed Manu in an interview, Parker freezes out Mason, Manu freezes out Hill (any other 'controversies' I missed out on?)...

Ya gotta love SpursTalk. :lol

m33p0
01-07-2009, 04:23 AM
So, so far this season, we've had people speculating that Mason dissed Manu in an interview, Parker freezes out Mason, Manu freezes out Hill (any other 'controversies' I missed out on?)...

Ya gotta love SpursTalk. :lol
yes. apparently Tim didn't appreciate Tony's buzzer-beating hail mary. (or, is it halle berry? doesn't matter.)

ChumpDumper
01-07-2009, 04:32 AM
He obviously misses Beno.

Brazil
01-07-2009, 07:28 AM
So in the Manu / TP battle, Manu is the bad guy ?

Slomo
01-07-2009, 08:07 AM
Manu, Tony, Tim and Bruce all get a little angry when there are problems with the rotations. And just about everyone got frustrated with Elson (on both ends).

:lol

This reminded me how pissed off they used to get with Nazr on offense (and quite a bit on D too).

manustarting2gd
01-07-2009, 08:16 AM

Man, I noticed that one too! but later i saw Manu give Mase some dap after the buzzer, I think he just didnt notice him. But yeah, Mase went up to Manu and was like calling him " G, G, and had his hand up for a high five and Manu turned away and started barking at the others on the court. It was just in the heat of the moment, nothing big. The post game dap made it apparent nothing was wrong. Manu is like chuck norris, how easily we forget.

GHILL just needs to earn the love. Period. Rook is doing his thing but where u earn the love is in the playoffs, when most cat's nuts schrivel up like prunes.

SHOW AND PROVE!

ManuTastic
01-07-2009, 09:31 AM
I think more often than not, Manu is just pissed with his own game. A bad shot, a bad move, a turnover. I don't think it has anything to do with teammates...

I've been thinking the same thing, because Manu is usually scowling these days when walking off court. But also he seems to be calling out teammates more for mistakes. My theory is he feels that when he's in without Tony and Timmy he's the team leader and Top Dog. Sort of as compensation for not starting. Not a criticism, really, but he just seems less easy-going on court this season. I personally chalk it up to his being extremely intense; I just hope it doesn't become assholishness, as it sometimes does with other star athletes. And of course, the defense has been pretty lacking so far this season, so maybe he's got good reason to frown.

tmtcsc
01-07-2009, 09:49 AM
I went back to watch the Miami again and saw G.Hill and Manu laughing together and walking together back to the locker room after the game. No worries. I don't think there is anything to it.

Like Kori mentioned, I think Manu reserves most of his performance venom for his own play.

hater
01-07-2009, 09:55 AM
Maybe the OP needs to stick to watching desperate housewifes :rolleyes

mrspurs
01-07-2009, 10:44 AM
Pretty funny stuff. You know after the lights go out, and the only people you see are people on the floor working their behinds off, or temp. people in the stands working on cleaning up the place. When the Spurs come out their locker rooms. They come out at their own pace, they go home with their familys. Sometimes you hear "see you there, or see you here at this time or another". As long as your personality's work on the court, thats all that matters. Thats Pop's way.

Fingaroll44
01-07-2009, 10:49 AM

lol...and grab my bags while youre at it

Fingaroll44
01-07-2009, 10:56 AM

Please.
for real...in every interview you can hear and see how humble and rational Manu is. there are times when Manu passes the ball when he has the BEST shot and im like "shoot it Manu!". and sometimes Manu might wave somebody off not to be rude but just to say "sorry but this one is all mine". he has to be semi-selfish sometimes

50 cent
01-07-2009, 11:07 AM
No, let's better send him to Golden state for Jackson. What do you think Fity?

That's a pipe dream at this point. :lmao

DPG21920
01-07-2009, 11:27 AM
Maybe the OP needs to stick to watching desperate housewifes :rolleyes

Eat shit. I clearly said I do not think this is the case, I just saw it being discussed in another thread by Jayc and others and thought most would find it "interesting".

Hence the thread title.........Much ado about NOTHING.