PDA

View Full Version : Babylon A.D. (the movie)

phyzik
01-07-2009, 03:15 AM
Did this ever make it to theatres? I cant remember seeing it on the billboards. I just "aquired" it and finished watching it. I must say it's got to be Vin diesel's best movie so far (which honestly isnt saying much).

with all the "God" talk going around, it was a pretty damn interesting movie. It shows alot of what religion is really about. I dont want to spoil the movie but the fact that it was a computer AI that created a virgin birth is an interesting concept. It's defiantely total sci-fi at this point but its also definately possible that it can be done within the time frame the movie was set.

It also, metaphorically speaking, raises questions about religion itself..... especially if it wasnt allowed in theatres. I may be mis-informed but the commercials for the DVD said it was "too violent" or some other nonsense for theatres. It wasnt even half as violent as the last Rambo movie that came out. My only conclusion is that the chuch didnt want people to see what they are capable of.

Anyway, my origionaly question stands, was it in theatres?

CuckingFunt
01-07-2009, 03:19 AM
Anyway, my origionaly question stands, was it in theatres?

Yes.

For a day or two, at least.

Avitus1
01-07-2009, 03:24 AM
Yes. Sadly I paid full price to see this movie and wish I would of acquired it like you. Perhaps if I read the book the movie is based off I'd appreciate the movie more but it was honestly one of the most forgettable movies I've seen this year.

phyzik
01-07-2009, 03:26 AM
Yes.

For a day or two, at least.

hmmm, I must have missed it. I dont think it was a bad movie, I actually think it was pretty damn good, Ive seen worse that stay on the billboard longer, so I have to say it was probably some God warrior's that decided to protest it to get it off the list.

Mind you, Im not hating on religion but people who turn a blind eye on what possibly COULD be happening are delusional. when you get as powerfull as the church, things tend to get a little corrupt to "keep the faith".

phyzik
01-07-2009, 03:29 AM
Yes. Sadly I paid full price to see this movie and wish I would of acquired it like you. Perhaps if I read the book the movie is based off I'd appreciate the movie more but it was honestly one of the most forgettable movies I've seen this year.

I guess we just have different views of it. :lol

I was watching it for the metephorical and religious implications and in that aspect it was pretty good. If you delve into the story itself and ignore all the over-the-top crap it raises alot of questions on what "could" be happening in religious sects. As far as the acting, like I said, it was the best acting of Vin fucking diesel. :lol

Avitus1
01-07-2009, 10:45 AM
I'll totally agree with you on that, but you don't really get to that part till the end of the movie. By that time after putting up with terrible characterization, dialogue, over the top really ridiculous fight scenes with camera angles worse then the original Resident Evil, and just general feel of a movie whose budget imploded in on itself I could careless.

Sure on the way home I thought to myself a little bit about this movie and how bad it was and about how easy it might be to start a religion and full the masses, but then it would just returned to the overwhelming terribleness of this movie.

If this movie was done better maybe more would of seen it cause a good movie is a good movie but I think the problem with this one is that everything that makes this movie good is overshadowed by everything that makes it bad. I think the story really leaves you wishing they got to the point much sooner, but guess that's what happens when you put Vin Diesel in a movie. As for best Vin Diesel movie..... maybe I'd go with "The Iron Giant" :lol

Avitus1
01-07-2009, 10:47 AM
oops posted twice :-/

Rockhound
01-07-2009, 10:49 AM
Yes, I'm sure THE CHURCH blacklisted this movie from theaters for questioning religion; a new and daring concept. Meanwhile Bill Maher's latest movie was sneaking under enemy lines.

If you guys feared the government as much as the church, we might get some where.