PDA

View Full Version : BCS may violate anti-trust laws

Flintstones32
01-07-2009, 08:26 AM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-bcs-utahlawsuit&prov=ap&type=lgns

leemajors
01-07-2009, 08:49 AM
nice waste of resources Utah :tu

Blake
01-07-2009, 09:29 AM
I like it. Go Utes.

lebomb
01-07-2009, 10:54 AM
I like it. Go Utes.

X2.........the BCS is a bunch of bullcrap.

D1 BCS football is the only sport on the planet that decided this way............it sucks! :ihit

balli
01-07-2009, 11:03 AM
Kornheiser ripped this guy apart on PTI yesterday... and rightfully so. Mark Shurtleff is a cocksucker. Do some real work asshole.

doobs
01-07-2009, 02:02 PM
Utah just needs to join a major conference, like the Pac 10 or the Big 12 (North). Problem solved.

lebomb
01-07-2009, 02:28 PM
Utah just needs to join a major conference, like the Pac 10 or the Big 12 (North). Problem solved.

For Utah yeah, but what about everyone else that goes undefeated like Utah? Should all teams join the Pac10 or Big12? :wakeup

chode_regulator
01-07-2009, 02:49 PM
regardless of what utah may or may not have accomplished this year, i find it sad that their atty general is getting involved, for two reasons

first being that does he really have nothing better to do? are there no bigger issues in utah right now than college football?

second ebing, as if the govt getting involved will fix anything. maybe college football coaches and presidents and ADs should start investigating congress and tell them how to do things. i bet senators/congressman wouldnt like that very much

lebomb
01-07-2009, 02:57 PM
regardless of what utah may or may not have accomplished this year, i find it sad that their atty general is getting involved, for two reasons

first being that does he really have nothing better to do? are there no bigger issues in utah right now than college football?

second ebing, as if the govt getting involved will fix anything. maybe college football coaches and presidents and ADs should start investigating congress and tell them how to do things. i bet senators/congressman wouldnt like that very much

yeah, I do have to agree with you on this one. He must be a Utah grad. :lmao

balli
01-07-2009, 03:55 PM
are there no bigger issues in utah right now than college football?
Actually, no. But I agree, he should stick to real crimes.

fyatuk
01-07-2009, 04:04 PM
At least challenging it under the anti-trust laws makes more sense then the stupid false advertisement basis for the proposed legislation requiring anything calling itself a "national championship" to require a playoff.

Government has been way too involved with sports since the SBA in the 60's, if not before (wasn't around back then, so can't say for sure).

cool hand
01-07-2009, 10:42 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3815656

tsb2000
01-07-2009, 11:18 PM

Utah has been trying to do that for 20 years now. Utah and BYU almost got into the (then) Pac-8 in 1978, but they took Arizona and ASU instead. No way Utah gets in now. Imagine Utah going into the coliseum and laying one on USC? Everyone in LA would shit, and USC would be screwed in terms of any kind of argument to the title.

tsb2000
01-07-2009, 11:20 PM
Actually, no. But I agree, he should stick to real crimes.

IMO, Utah getting robbed of BCS money is a crime, as I understand antitrust laws.

bostonguy
01-08-2009, 04:01 AM
Utah needs to schedule a game @ Texas, @USC,@Florida since this plan to prove something in the bcs isnt working. I hate the bcs but why not schedule 1 or 2 non-conference games against a top 5 team or two. Hell make that game a road game. That would do wonders for them if they were to win that game.

Clandestino
01-08-2009, 06:27 AM
if this was just for bragging rights, then i'd say bullshit... it is not though.. this is about lucrative bowl money. maybe we can get our college playoff!

baseline bum
01-08-2009, 07:04 AM
Utah needs to schedule a game @ Texas, @USC,@Florida since this plan to prove something in the bcs isnt working. I hate the bcs but why not schedule 1 or 2 non-conference games against a top 5 team or two. Hell make that game a road game. That would do wonders for them if they were to win that game.

You sure Texas, 'SC, Florida, etc. want any part of scheduling Utah?

lebomb
01-08-2009, 08:36 AM
You sure Texas, 'SC, Florida, etc. want any part of scheduling Utah?

LMAO, no shit, look at what marvelous things Michigans scheduling of Appalachian St. did for them. :lmao:lmao

I Love Me Some Me
01-08-2009, 11:37 AM
Wasn't Utah in a BCS bowl?

I guess I'd be more sympathetic if they finished ranked 1 or 2 and the BCS invited someone else to the NT game, but that didn't happen. They were still included in a BCS bowl.

Blake
01-08-2009, 11:45 AM
my next hope is that Obama puts Israel and our economy on the backburners and goes straight at the BCS honks, forcing them to come up with a 16 team playoffs.

This is the kind of change I voted for.