PDA

View Full Version : Hoopsvibe is reporting

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-07-2009, 10:12 AM
That the Mavericks are in "serious discussion" about trading Josh Howard for Andrea Bustnani and Anthony Parker, so it probably won't happen, but just thought people would want to know.

Lakers_55
01-07-2009, 10:20 AM
maybe the Mavs should consider sending Jason Kidd and a couple of future #1 draft picks to New Jersey for Devin Harris.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-07-2009, 10:38 AM
maybe the Mavs should consider sending Jason Kidd and a couple of future #1 draft picks to New Jersey for Devin Harris.

:lmao

That trade was horrible, but its crappiness is overrated. Terry and Dirk would not be playing nearly as well as they're playing with Harris instead of Kidd. With that said, they might actually be able to defend Chris Paul and Tony Parker better than the Suns can with Harris, or they fact they traded a better version of Tony Parker.

monosylab1k
01-07-2009, 10:41 AM

It only took 1 post :tu

Brickhouse
01-07-2009, 01:30 PM
I think the original source is Hoopsworld, which automatically means it's complete BS.

But playing along, that is an absolute horrible deal.

Xylus
01-07-2009, 01:37 PM
Jason Kidd for Devin Harris, straight up. I think it would be a great trade for both teams.

And oh yeah, 4 rings.

lurker
01-07-2009, 01:41 PM
There aren't many trade ideas that make me say "I'd rather keep Josh", but this might be one of them.

Findog
01-07-2009, 01:45 PM
The deal as proposed doesn't work - the Mavs would have to remove Diop or the Raptors would have to add $5 million in salary. I don't really see how this trade helps Dallas, even with all of the issues with Josh. Parker is a backup, and Bargnani isn't going anywhere because Colangelo staked his rep on him, especially since the Italian has strung a few nice games in a row.

Brickhouse
01-07-2009, 01:49 PM
This trade makes no fucking sense for the Mavs. The last thing on Earth they need is two jumpshooters that don't play D.

I wish I got paid to cook up retarded shit like this (then again, I wouldn't put it past Cuban)

Bruno
01-07-2009, 01:52 PM
This rumor came from Hoopsworld. It likely has zero legs.

spurs_fan_in_exile
01-07-2009, 02:09 PM
Until I hear it from Peter Vescey I will treat this with extreme skepticism.

monosylab1k
01-07-2009, 02:29 PM
This trade makes no fucking sense for the Mavs. The last thing on Earth they need is two jumpshooters that don't play D.

Anthony Parker is a legit defensive player, and a far better defender than anybody on the Mavs right now.

And as much a jump shooting team as we are, we still shoot like ass from the 3 point line. Bargnani might suck but he's proven this year that he can hit the 3 pointer, and of course he's still got tremendous potential for whatever that's worth.

I'd do this trade without thinking twice about it.

You guys are quick to forget just how much Josh Howard sucks.

monosylab1k
01-07-2009, 02:30 PM
I don't really see how this trade helps Dallas, even with all of the issues with Josh.

Are you kidding me? Josh is a shitty jumpshooter who plays lazy ass defense, all we're doing is getting an upgrade on defense AND and upgrade on outside shooting in this deal.

Brickhouse
01-07-2009, 02:43 PM
Anthony Parker is a legit defensive player, and a far better defender than anybody on the Mavs right now.

And as much a jump shooting team as we are, we still shoot like ass from the 3 point line. Bargnani might suck but he's proven this year that he can hit the 3 pointer, and of course he's still got tremendous potential for whatever that's worth.

I'd do this trade without thinking twice about it.

Parker is 33 and only good for open 3s. Saying he is a better defender than anyone on the Mavs isn't really saying much about his defense really.
Bargnani is largely inconsistent and only grabs 4.5 rebounds as a bigman. Playing him and Dirk together is just asking for a layup drill by the other team. He's got upside as a soft jumpshooter, which is exactly what the Mavs don't need.

If the FO wasn't even considering trading Jho for GWallace who is younger and would be a great fit next to Kidd, I don't understand this trade.

I'm not one to be picky about JHo trades, but this is one exception.

Findog
01-07-2009, 03:01 PM
Are you kidding me? Josh is a shitty jumpshooter who plays lazy ass defense, all we're doing is getting an upgrade on defense AND and upgrade on outside shooting in this deal.

I want a starter back for Josh. Parker isn't gonna stop Kobe or Chris Paul, and I like how a guy that averages 9 points per game on 42% shooting is touted by Bill Engram as being a "legit scorer who can create his own shot." Bargnani is Colangelo's baby, and they won't give up on him until next year. This trade has no basis in fact.

DPG21920
01-07-2009, 03:28 PM
Bargnani can take it to the rack pretty hard when he is focused. But this trade seems kind of redundant.

DPG21920
01-07-2009, 03:28 PM
Until I hear it from Peter Vescey I will treat this with extreme skepticism.

Ha ha

baseline bum
01-07-2009, 03:32 PM
:lmao

That trade was horrible, but its crappiness is overrated. Terry and Dirk would not be playing nearly as well as they're playing with Harris instead of Kidd. With that said, they might actually be able to defend Chris Paul and Tony Parker better than the Suns can with Harris, or they fact they traded a better version of Tony Parker.

They both managed to murder the Spurs in 06 with Harris running things.

Darthkiller
01-07-2009, 03:42 PM
lol so dallas will have 2 dirk on the court at the same time?

monosylab1k
01-07-2009, 03:56 PM

BlackBellamy
01-07-2009, 04:25 PM
I think this trade scenario was structured by JH. He wouldn't have to hear or observe the U.S. national anthem in Canada, right? Plus, decriminalized weed? Sounds like a match made in heaven, really.

Darthkiller
01-07-2009, 05:18 PM
I think this trade scenario was structured by JH. He wouldn't have to hear or observe the U.S. national anthem in Canada, right? Plus, decriminalized weed? Sounds like a match made in heaven, really.

well if he only plays in home games , sure

baseline bum
01-07-2009, 05:19 PM
I don't think it would be a good idea to completely give up on Howard yet; at least, not for garbage like that.

BlackBellamy
01-07-2009, 05:23 PM
Sure, this was (an obviously failed attempt at) a joke. If you want to view things painfully rational then... yes, only home games. zzzzz

ElNono
01-07-2009, 07:10 PM

Would be an improvement over not playing at home or on the road...

DANILO DRASKOVIC
01-07-2009, 08:14 PM

only if it includes Keith Van Horn

endrity
01-07-2009, 08:28 PM
Caron Butler, plz Donnie find a way to bring him to Dallas. That washington team ain't going nowhere.

DANILO DRASKOVIC
01-07-2009, 08:29 PM
Caron Butler, plz Donnie find a way to bring him to Dallas. That washington team ain't going nowhere.

they have a 100 million dollar guy who sits the bench

Findog
01-07-2009, 08:53 PM

Not interested

endrity
01-07-2009, 08:53 PM

Who is also one of the most selfish stars in the league and who will never lead them anywhere. I'd take Caron over Agent 0 any day.

Findog
01-07-2009, 08:54 PM
Who is also one of the most selfish stars in the league and who will never lead them anywhere. I'd take Caron over Agent 0 any day.

I think he's a good guy, but he just doesn't know how to play outside of himself. He was pretty good two years ago, but it's his injury history that scares me off more than anything else.

Findog
01-07-2009, 08:56 PM
By way of example, the Josh for Kamen talk has died down. On paper, that's a pretty good salvage for Josh, but beware Clipper big men with foot problems.

endrity
01-07-2009, 08:58 PM
I think he's a good guy, but he just doesn't know how to play outside of himself. He was pretty good two years ago, but it's his injury history that scares me off more than anything else.

Yet the Wizards played much more as a team when he was out. Anyway, we ain't gettin Arenas in Dallas, so that's beyond the point. Maybe we can make a deal for Butler, he is good, that team is stuck, and they might need some cap space to make further moves. Stack + filler, and we might get Caron. I mean, Gasol was traded for Kwame so it can happen.

endrity
01-07-2009, 09:33 PM
By the way, Bargnani with another fine performance tonight. There is no doubt in my mind that he is very talented, and he also doesn't seem like a slacker, but for whatever reason it hasn't worked out for him. One possible reason is that he seems to me like a perfect 4, not physical enough to play the 5. But because Bosh is there, he is forced to play another position if he wants minutes. But that's exactly the same situation he would be facing in Dallas, so I am not sure about the trade.

Brickhouse
01-07-2009, 09:47 PM
By the way, Bargnani with another fine performance tonight. There is no doubt in my mind that he is very talented, and he also doesn't seem like a slacker, but for whatever reason it hasn't worked out for him. One possible reason is that he seems to me like a perfect 4, not physical enough to play the 5. But because Bosh is there, he is forced to play another position if he wants minutes. But that's exactly the same situation he would be facing in Dallas, so I am not sure about the trade.

He still can't rebound for shit.

BTW, Hoops-shit retracted their stance. Now it's supposedly, Mavs are shopping JHo which is great news, just not for two soft jumpshooters.

dirk4mvp
01-07-2009, 09:50 PM
Howard for Kleiza

Findog
01-08-2009, 12:31 AM

If Bargnani is playing well, that will increase The Bry Guy's determination not to move him. It's not a good thing when you have to pull the plug and acknowledge a #1 overall pick is a bust. Teams will avoid that fate if they can.

Ghazi
01-08-2009, 01:00 AM
It's gonna be hard to get good value for J-Ho IMO. We'd probably get fleeced to some extent, but I wouldn't mind it that much since J-HO fucking sucks.

monosylab1k
01-08-2009, 09:40 AM
Mavs fans are fucking ridiculous. We all hate Josh and think he sucks, but when it comes time to move that piece of shit, suddenly nothing is good enough. Sorry but we're not going to pull off a Gasol-type raping with Josh Fucking Howard. That Bargnani/Parker deal is more than adequate. What is with Mav fans and their undying loyalty to shitty players?

stretch
01-08-2009, 11:30 AM
They both managed to murder the Spurs in 06 with Harris running things.

Harris absolutely was not running things. So say that is absolutely fucking stupid. He had a couple good games in that series, and a couple games where he didn't do crap. That series was completely ran by Dirk and Terry.

stretch
01-08-2009, 11:57 AM
as for that trade idea... I like it.

Mavs need scoring/3pt shooting off the bench, both players are capable of scoring points and shooting the three.

I'd say go back to a starting lineup of Kidd, Barea, Wright, Dirk, and Damp. Then the second unit consists of Terry (6th man), Parker (3pt shooting/scoring), Bass (hustle, athleticism), Barginani (for scoring needs), and Diop (for defense/rebounding needs).

Keep in mind, the offense was much smoother when Howard was out, and the defense was fantastic. The only problem was we didn't have enough shooting/scoring off the bench. That trade can definitely solve that problem.

Findog
01-08-2009, 12:36 PM
Mavs fans are fucking ridiculous. We all hate Josh and think he sucks, but when it comes time to move that piece of shit, suddenly nothing is good enough. Sorry but we're not going to pull off a Gasol-type raping with Josh Fucking Howard. That Bargnani/Parker deal is more than adequate. What is with Mav fans and their undying loyalty to shitty players?

Tell it to the Bry Guy. He's not moving Bargnani.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-08-2009, 01:38 PM
Harris absolutely was not running things. So say that is absolutely fucking stupid. He had a couple good games in that series, and a couple games where he didn't do crap. That series was completely ran by Dirk and Terry.

I agree, however, he defended Parker arguably better than anyone has. It's not like Kidd is a slouch on D though. They def. would have beat Miami with Kidd, the big thing that made the trade bad was timing. If it was done a year earlier when the Mavs were top contenders, they would have won it all in 2007.

monosylab1k
01-08-2009, 01:40 PM

The legitimacy of the rumor isn't what irked me. It was Mavfan reaction to the trade rumor. Seems like everybody hates Josh Howard until trade rumors surface, and then suddenly getting anything less than LeBron James in return is a bad trade.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-08-2009, 02:03 PM

He says he's willing to but I doubt he's serious. Aside from Marion and Amare, Bry Guy has been a horrible drafting GM, and he's always been stubborn in refusing to accept when a player he drafted/traded for is a bust. Big Jake Tsakalidis was supposed to be the "answer to Shaq" when he was on the Suns.