PDA

View Full Version : A couple of predictions for tonight's key games

SpursDynasty
01-07-2009, 03:12 PM
We have these three games on tonight, yet ESPN feels the need to show us Miami vs. Denver. Mediocre match-up there. Why don't the networks stop predicting who will be good and picking shit games, and just show us the games of teams they know will be good or a match up that will be interesting? No one wants to see Miami vs. Denver. Completely meaningless game with no intrigue to it whatsoever.

1. Hawks vs. Magic - The Hawks are one of the best stories of the league in the past year or so. Atlanta already beat Orlando this season (as expected), and they'll do it again tonight. I still don't know who Dwight Howard thinks he is or who the Orlando Magic think they are trying to go out there and be elite. Bunch of jokers. Why don't you wait until Sunday when the Spurs wipe the floor with your fake jump shooting lucky shot asses. They simply are just a jump shooting team that doesn't impress me or anyone else, and no one in the league takes them seriously, if they didn't make their shots they'd be last-place in the East. Atlanta will take this one pretty easily.

2. Rockets vs. Celtics - I honestly don't know who's going to win this one. Common sense would say Boston 120-68, but Boston has been pretty shaky as of late and if I were a Celtics fan I'd be very nervous about where this team might be headed. Since losing to the Lakers (a team Boston BEAT in the Finals) on Christmas, they have been spiraling downward...it surprises me how much of a blow losing to a team they already beat has been to them mentally. Boston isn't a very confident team it seems. It's like they needed a win in L.A. to dignify themselves. The Lakers are not the measuring stick. Why make them it? This one's a toss-up...

3. Hornets vs. Jazz - The Hornets are the 2nd best team in the Southwest Division and the 2nd best team in the West, and did a nice job against the Lakers last night, but that win was nothing spectacular and doesn't prove much. As I said, the Lakers are not the measuring stick. The Hornets will have to deal with a very good Utah team who is 14-4 vs. the Western Conference. In order for New Orleans to be considered the top West team, they will need to win this game AND beat the Spurs CONVINCINGLY, not on a couple of bullshit David West jumpers at the end. Utah will win this one.

sonic21
01-07-2009, 03:21 PM
:tu

slowchild25
01-07-2009, 03:31 PM
3. Hornets vs. Jazz - The Hornets are the 2nd best team in the Southwest Division and the 2nd best team in the West, and did a nice job against the Lakers last night, but that win was nothing spectacular and doesn't prove much. As I said, the Lakers are not the measuring stick. The Hornets will have to deal with a very good Utah team who is 14-4 vs. the Western Conference. In order for New Orleans to be considered the top West team, they will need to win this game AND beat the Spurs CONVINCINGLY, not on a couple of bullshit David West jumpers at the end. Utah will win this one.

I fully expect the Hornets to come out flat and for Chris Paul to get owned by Deron Williams (yet again) that guy (and the Jazz for that matter) just has CP3's number. :ihit

lebomb
01-07-2009, 03:34 PM
I fully expect the Hornets to come out flat and for Chris Paul to get owned by Deron Williams (yet again) that guy (and the Jazz for that matter) just has CP3's number. :ihit

Deron is a big guard and that gives CP3 fits.

Double-Up
01-07-2009, 11:15 PM
Predictions? More like a wannabe ESPN preview.