PDA

View Full Version : Spurs ‘Call-Up’ Fan From Toros

duncan228
01-07-2009, 05:41 PM
Spurs ‘Call-Up’ Fan From Toros (http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/fancallup_090107.html)

SAN ANTONIO (January 7, 2009) – The San Antonio Spurs called up Austin Toros season ticket holder Joey Miller as the first Spurs Fan Call-Up of the season, it was announced today by Toros General Manager Dell Demps.
Miller will be recognized for his passion, dedication and support of the Toros, the Spurs NBA D-League affiliate. On Jan. 8 he will travel to San Antonio to be acknowledged during halftime of the Spurs vs. L.A. Clippers game, in addition to receiving Toros and Spurs merchandise and tickets.

"One of the missions of the NBA D-League is to promote players, coaches, referees and front office personnel to the NBA. We want to reward one of our faithful fans with the same opportunity," said Demps. "Without our fans' support, which is our most important asset, we would not be as successful.”

ChumpDumper
01-07-2009, 05:45 PM
I wuz robbed.

Joey's a good guy though. I think he was a season ticket holder from the start. Clever promotion.

duncan228
01-07-2009, 05:47 PM
It says it's the first, maybe you're up next Chump. You sure deserve it.

CubanMustGo
01-07-2009, 05:54 PM
Richers like Chump :bking with Toros front-row seats can afford their own dang Spurs tickets.

j/k Chump, hope you get it next

EricB
01-07-2009, 06:21 PM
Richers like Chump :bking with Toros front-row seats can afford their own dang Spurs tickets.

j/k Chump, hope you get it next

I'd assume the Toros are a cheap season ticket like the Rampage.

I'm 8 rows off the ice from the Rampage and for 45 games its only 750 bucks a seat for the season.