PDA

View Full Version : Spurs vs. Clippers Previews

duncan228
01-07-2009, 07:00 PM
Los Angeles (8-26) at San Antonio (23-11) Preview (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/preview?gid=2009010824&prov=ap)
Game info: 8:30 pm EST Thu Jan 8, 2009
TV: FSPT
By Dan Pieringer

The San Antonio Spurs pulled out a hard-fought win in their last game to continue their surge toward the top of the Western Conference.

They may not have as much trouble holding off an injury-plagued Los Angeles Clippers team that’s in the midst of a season-high losing streak and has always struggled in San Antonio.

The Spurs go for their 15th win in 18 games Thursday night when they host the Clippers, losers of eight straight overall and 11 in a row at the AT&T Center.

Despite trailing for only one possession, San Antonio (23-11) was never able to pull away during a 91-84 win over Miami on Monday night. The Spurs built a 10-point lead in the first quarter, but had to make 10 of their 17 field-goal attempts in the fourth to hold off the Heat, who rallied several times.

“These guys have been there before,” Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said of the Spurs. “They’re a seasoned, veteran team that’s played in a lot of big games. You could tell how much poise they have out there. They’re totally calm in these type of situations. They’ve experienced it so many different times.”

The performance wasn’t the Spurs’ most impressive one of the season, but it was enough to get them their 14th win in 17 contests, a surge that’s made up for a slow start caused partially by injuries to All Star guards Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker.

“We managed to find a way tonight,” forward Tim Duncan said after leading San Antonio with 19 points and nine rebounds Monday.

The Spurs have found plenty of ways to beat the Clippers (8-26) over the years. San Antonio leads the series 104-28 and 58-8 at home. Los Angeles has lost all 11 of trips to the AT&T Center since it opened in 2002.

The Clippers could have a hard time snapping their skid in San Antonio on Thursday, with Baron Davis (tailbone), Zach Randolph (knee) and Chris Kaman (foot) expected to remain sidelined. Ricky Davis will also be out while serving the third game of a five-game suspension for violating the NBA’s drug policy.

Without most of their top players, the Clippers lost 107-102 at Dallas on Tuesday night. Mavericks forward Dirk Nowitzki blocked a shot and made a go-ahead jumper in the final minute to hand Los Angeles its season-high eighth straight defeat.

“I’m really proud of our guys, how hard they played and what they did,” Clippers coach Mike Dunleavy said. “A couple of bounces didn’t go our way, a couple of calls didn’t go our way and the Mavericks pulled one off.”

Each of the first three losses during the Clippers’ slide came by at least 22 points, but Los Angeles has dropped the last five by two, eight, eight, one and five points.

Though they seem to be getting closer to a victory, they claim that’s no consolation.

“We stopped believing (in moral victories) a long time ago,” second-year forward Al Thornton said after scoring 25 points against the Mavericks. “We just need to learn how to close games out.”

They weren’t able to do that in their first meeting with the Spurs this season. Guard Roger Mason made a 3-pointer with 8.4 seconds left to give San Antonio an 86-83 victory in Los Angeles on Nov. 17.

Duncan had 20 points, 15 rebounds and six blocked shots in that game.

Notes

Clippers:

Tuesday's loss extends the Clippers' season-worst losing streak to eight games. ... F-C Marcus Camby finished the night with 19 reboards after securing 20 in three of his previous four games. ... G Eric Gordon's 32 points against the Mavs marked a career high and gives the rookie back-to-back games of 30 points or more. ... G Mardy Collins had a season-high 17 points. ... With head coach Mike Dunleavy's third-quarter technical foul, he has received a technical in all four games against Dallas this season. ... With injuries and suspensions, the Clippers dressed the league-minimum eight players Tuesday night.

Spurs:

PF Tim Duncan led the Spurs with 19 points and nine rebounds. He had scored at least 20 points in each of his previous five games. ... Rookie G George Hill scored 15 points off the bench, his highest-scoring game since November 26 vs. Chicago, when he scored 19 points. ... The Spurs are 21-2 this season when scoring 90 points. ... The Spurs have won three straight and are 8-1 in their last nine games.

Team Stat Leaders

Zach Randolph LAC 22.0
Tony Parker SA 21.0

Rebounds

Marcus Camby LAC 13.7
Tim Duncan SA 10.3

Assists

Baron Davis LAC 8.0
Tony Parker SA 6.8

Team Comparison

Team Record Standings PF PA Road/Home Streak L10

Los Angeles 8-26 4th Pacific / 13th West 93.7 99.9 Road 5-12 Lost 8 1-9

San Antonio 23-11 2nd Southwest / 3rd West 96.9 93.5 Home 13-6 Won 3 8-2

duncan228
01-07-2009, 07:04 PM
Spurs Team Report (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AuuRJiMY6TY0ytaxZLI0N7.M0bYF?slug=teamre ports-2009-nba-sas&prov=sportsxchange&type=team_report)

Getting Inside

The Spurs have been in a lot of close games—just like their 108-106 win over Philadelphia on Saturday that was decided on Tony Parker’s 15-footer at the buzzer.

“We’ll take that any day,” San Antonio coach Gregg Popovich said. “Tony hit a big shot and got it done for us. It was great effort on the back-to-back, even though they had a back-to-back, too. For us it was a little bit of a different story.

“That’s a hell of an athletic team. They score more fast-break points than anyone in the league. So, that athleticism is really tough for us and we hung in one second long enough to get it done. We’re thrilled to get the victory.”

The Spurs have been at their best in the close ones. San Antonio is 8-3 in games that go into overtime or are decided by four or fewer points.

Even though the 76ers own a losing record, the Spurs aren’t about to give the win back. Each “W” is crucial in the bunched-up Western Conference.

“To win in this league is always special,” guard Roger Mason said. “Sometimes it’s ugly, like (against Philadelphia), but we’ll take it. They’re a very athletic and talented team. On any given night they can give anybody problems. For us to get the win is huge.”

Spurs 91, Heat 84: Tim Duncan scored 19 and San Antonio was in control throughout in winning Monday night at Miami. The Spurs (23-11) won their third straight and trailed only once, for about 30 seconds, against the Heat.

Backup point guard George Hill added 15 points for the Southwest Division-leading Spurs. Roger Mason and Matt Bonner each scored 11, and Manu Ginobili had 10. Duncan also grabbed nine boards.

Dwyane Wade led Miami with 24 points and 12 assists. Shawn Marion scored 15, and rookie Michael Beasley had his first double-double with 15 points and 12 rebounds.

Notes, Quotes

• The Spurs raced to a 40-19 lead on Philadelphia on the strength of eight 3-pointers in the first quarter. The Sixers made the inevitable rally and it was anyone’s ballgame down the stretch.

“That happens to every team every now and again,” coach Gregg Popovich said. “A lead like that in the beginning, not always, but sometimes is a nightmare, because you know that shots like that are not going to fall like that for the entire game.

“The game isn’t that long, if the game was a 24-minute game, it would be great. In the NBA teams always come back and it’s a dogfight.”

• Roger Mason started a stretch of nail-biters with a 3-pointer at the buzzer to beat Phoenix Christmas Day. Since then, the Spurs went to double-overtime to beat Memphis, had Tim Duncan miss a layup at the buzzer that would have sent a loss to Milwaukee into OT and beat Philadelphia on Tony Parker’s jumper at the horn.

The surge has San Antonio leading the Southwest Division as of Monday. But the uneven performances are cause for concern.

“Three of the last four wins were like this—at the last second, or a lucky bounce,” Manu Ginobili said before facing Miami. “It means we are not playing that well. We are winning, but we can’t be satisfied.”

Quote To Note: “It’s always hard when you get a great start. We shot the ball very well and we were up 20 really fast. It’s always hard to keep a lead like that, especially early in the game, because you know they are going to make a run.”—PG Tony Parker on squandering a 21-point first-quarter lead in the win over Philadelphia.

Roster Report

Rotation:

Starters—Point guard Tony Parker, Shooting guard Roger Mason, Small forward Michael Finley, Power forward Tim Duncan, Center Matt Bonner.

Bench—Forward Kurt Thomas, Guard Manu Ginobili, Forward Ime Udoka, Forward Bruce Bowen, Center Anthony Tolliver, Center Fabricio Oberto, Guard George Hill.

Player Notes:

• G Tony Parker not only hit the game winner over Philadelphia, but he teamed with G Manu Ginobili to set up the Spurs’ final possession. Ginobili deflected a pass from Sixers guard Andre Miller and Parker scooped it up.

Parker took it from there after looking over to Gregg Popovich on the sideline.

“We got the steal and I was going kinda fast,” Parker said. “I didn’t know if Pop wanted the timeout, so I just looked at him and he told me ‘Go, go!’ I just made sure we got a pick-and-roll and I got a shot for Manu.

“He missed it and I got the rebound and just tried to put it up there because I knew there were not a lot of seconds left on the clock. It was just a good shot and I was happy it went in.”

• F Tim Duncan banged his knee Friday night at Memphis, only to come back the next night to score 26 points and grab 12 rebounds in a win over the 76ers.

“Timmy plays hurt, tired, every which way,” Gregg Popovich said. “He competes defensively, rebounding-wise, every night. Some nights he defers offensively, some nights he’s the key, but it all starts with him.”

• G Roger Mason bounced back from a 1-for-11 shooting performance in a loss to Milwaukee to make all five of his 3-pointers in a win over Philadelphia.

“It’s always a challenge,” he said. “You had a rough night. It tests your character. It tests your will. For me, I take it as a challenge.”

Medical Watch:

• C Ian Mahinmi (sprained ankle) is inactive.

Brazil
01-07-2009, 07:34 PM
Spurs Team Report (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AuuRJiMY6TY0ytaxZLI0N7.M0bYF?slug=teamre ports-2009-nba-sas&prov=sportsxchange&type=team_report)

• G Tony Parker not only hit the game winner over Philadelphia, but he teamed with G Manu Ginobili to set up the Spurs’ final possession. Ginobili deflected a pass from Sixers guard Andre Miller and Parker scooped it up.

Parker took it from there after looking over to Gregg Popovich on the sideline.

“We got the steal and I was going kinda fast,” Parker said. “I didn’t know if Pop wanted the timeout, so I just looked at him and he told me ‘Go, go!’ I just made sure we got a pick-and-roll and I got a shot for Manu.

“He missed it and I got the rebound and just tried to put it up there because I knew there were not a lot of seconds left on the clock. It was just a good shot and I was happy it went in.”

Wow this guy is quite amazing, in this context he took the time to watch Pop to check if he wanted a time out. cold blood for sure.

duncan228
01-07-2009, 11:32 PM
Slumping Clippers travel to San Antonio (http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/clippers/la-sp-clipperstonight8-2009jan08,0,1129183.story)
Clippers, who have lost eight in a row, take on a hot Spurs team.

Records: Clippers 8-26, Spurs 23-11.

Record vs. Spurs: 0-1.

Update: It was a bit of a quirky day for the Clippers. But then again, aren't they all? Swingman Hassan Adams, a Westchester High product, was a Clipper for about an hour, if that, on Wednesday. They acquired him from the Toronto Raptors, along with cash considerations, for a future conditional second-round draft choice and then waived him. The reason? Guard Fred Jones (sore foot) became available to play tonight, making Adams expendable. "We expect to sign him to a 10-day contract," Clippers assistant general manager Neil Olshey said of Jones. "We were kind of hedging our bets" with Adams. Jones hurt his foot in Sunday's loss to the Pistons, and X-rays were negative. His pain threshold was such that he should be able to play against the Spurs, having cleared waivers Wednesday. The Clippers placed him on waivers Monday, along with Paul Davis. The 10-day contract will be worth $58,729 for Jones. San Antonio is 8-2 in its last 10 games, and the Clippers have lost their last eight games.

scanry
01-07-2009, 11:49 PM
Hey D228, i'm looking for a good Duncan poster.

Have any idea where i could find a good poster of his?

duncan228
01-07-2009, 11:57 PM
Hey D228, i'm looking for a good Duncan poster.

Have any idea where i could find a good poster of his?

To buy? Here's a few, google will bring up lots. If you want wallpaper let me know, I've got plenty.

http://www.allposters.com/gallery.asp?startat=%2Fgallery.asp&CID=21451CF020A44B9DB2EA318FFBD210D6&txtSearch=tim+duncan&imageField2.x=20&imageField2.y=12

http://posternet.com/ShowSearch.aspx?s=tim+duncan&x=23&y=3

http://www.sportswall.com/posters-basketball-tim-duncan.html

NBA.com has a couple of nice pieces, but they're pricier than posters.

$70.
http://store.nba.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3063749&cp=1421565.2996861

$100.
http://store.nba.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3035287&cp=1421565.2996861

duncan228
01-08-2009, 12:07 AM
Thursday: Clippers (8-26) at Spurs (23-11) (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/Thursday_Clippers_8-26_at_Spurs_23-11.html)
Express-News

Time: 7:30 p.m.
TV: KMYS
Radio: WOAI-AM 1200, KCOR-AM 1350

STARTING LINEUPS
POS - SPURS - CLIPPERS

PG - 9 Tony Parker (6-2, 8th yr) - 10 Eric Gordon (6-3, 1st yr)
Rookie Gordon has topped 21 points in five straight games.

SG - 8 Roger Mason Jr. (6-5, 5th yr) - 25 Mardy Collins (6-6, 3rd yr)
Mason only player ranked in top 6 in 3-point percentage and 3-pointers made.

SF - 4 Michael Finley (6-7, 14th yr) - 12 Al Thornton (6-8, 2nd yr)
Durable Finley has played 275 of a possible 280 games since joining Spurs.

PF 21 Tim Duncan (6-11, 12th yr) - 8 Brian Skinner (6-9, 11th yr)
Duncan averaging most minutes (35.4) and points (20.8) since 2003-04.

C - 15 Matt Bonner (6-10, 5th yr) - 23 Marcus Camby (6-11, 13th yr)
Bonner remains league’s second-best 3-point shooter at 48 percent.

SPURS RESERVES

12 Bruce Bowen, F, 6-7, 13th yr
20 Manu Ginobili, G, 6-6, 7th yr
3 George Hill, G, 6-2, 1st yr
7 Fabricio Oberto, C, 6-10, 4th yr
40 Kurt Thomas, C/F, 6-9, 14th yr
5 Ime Udoka, G/F, 6-5, 5th yr
11 Jacque Vaughn, G, 6-1, 12th yr

CLIPPERS RESERVES

1 Baron Davis, G, 6-3, 10th yr
31 Ricky Davis, G/F, 6-7, 11th yr
6 Jason Hart, G, 6-3, 8th yr
9 DeAndre Jordan, C, 6-11, 1st yr
20 Steve Novak, F, 6-10, 3rd yr
34 Cheikh Samb, C, 7-0, 2nd yr

COACHES

Spurs: Gregg Popovich
Clippers: Mike Dunleavy

INJURIES

Spurs: Ian Mahinmi (sprained right ankle) is out.

Clippers: Ricky Davis (NBA suspension), Chris Kaman (strained left arch), Mike Taylor (fractured right arm), Baron Davis (bruised tailbone), Jason Hart (right elbow tendinitis) and Zach Randolph (sore left knee) are out.

PROJECTED INACTIVE PLAYERS

Spurs: Mahinmi, Malik Hairston

Clippers: Kaman, Hart, Randolph

NOTABLE

Spurs are 6-2 in games decided by three points or less, tied with Orlando for most such victories in the league. ... Spurs have won nine in a row against Clippers and 11 in a row at home.

- Jeff McDonald

scanry
01-08-2009, 12:10 AM
To buy? Here's a few, google will bring up lots. If you want wallpaper let me know, I've got plenty.

http://www.allposters.com/gallery.asp?startat=%2Fgallery.asp&CID=21451CF020A44B9DB2EA318FFBD210D6&txtSearch=tim+duncan&imageField2.x=20&imageField2.y=12

http://posternet.com/ShowSearch.aspx?s=tim+duncan&x=23&y=3

http://www.sportswall.com/posters-basketball-tim-duncan.html

NBA.com has a couple of nice pieces, but they're pricier than posters.

$70.
http://store.nba.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3063749&cp=1421565.2996861

$100.
http://store.nba.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3035287&cp=1421565.2996861

Thanks D228. I like the $100 photomint. :hat

duncan228
01-08-2009, 12:13 AM
Thanks D228. I like the $100 photomint. :hat

Me too. I've yet to find a poster I'd buy, but I like the Highland Mint stuff they've done. They've all been really nice.

scanry
01-08-2009, 12:20 AM
Me too. I've yet to find a poster I'd buy, but I like the Highland Mint stuff they've done. They've all been really nice.

http://www.adamhershposters.com/storefrontprofiles/processfeed.aspx?sfid=43435&i=25370256&mpid=36&dfid=1

I like this poster poster though. The 1999 retro one looks good except the background on it. I wish they didn't have the name and the background animation.

duncan228
01-08-2009, 12:32 AM
I like this poster poster though. The 1999 retro one looks good except the background on it. I wish they didn't have the name and the background animation.

Hope you find one you like enough to buy. I've got some pics and walls I'd love to have poster size, but I haven't found them out there ready made.

Check NBA.com's Photo Gallery, they've got some good shots for sale. They come in 8x10 and 16x20.

http://photostore.nba.com/perl/gal/nba?process=gallery&gallery_id=816

Austin_Toros
01-08-2009, 03:19 AM
who thinks Camby will get 20+ rebounds????

gingerwave
01-08-2009, 11:54 AM
Thx for the preview. Luv Game day!! :flag:

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-08-2009, 11:58 AM
I hope the Spurs get an easy victory. Sometimes teams exhale when the opponents big guns are out, so the Spurs will need to guard against getting too comfortable.

YoMamaIsCallin
01-08-2009, 12:20 PM
Wow. They'll be starting Camby, Collins, E. Gordon, Thornton, and Skinner -- not a great starting lineup to begin with. That's not the worst of it. They will only have three bench players! And they're all bigs! And they're all scrubs! Talk about your decimated lineup.

shelshor
01-08-2009, 12:29 PM
Referee Assignments
Thurs. Jan. 8
L.A. Clippers @ San Antonio: S. Javie, C. Kirkland, P. Robinson

Dex
01-08-2009, 01:34 PM
No TNT tonight? WTF NBA?

I wonder if FSN-SW is getting this, or only the locals.

braeden0613
01-08-2009, 02:17 PM
No TNT tonight? WTF NBA?

Yeah I dont understand it either. Does TNT usually take a day off in January? Both games are at 730 tonight so it was planned without a TNT game from the beginning.

duncan228
01-08-2009, 03:41 PM
Banged-up Clippers hope to snap skid in San Antonio vs. Spurs (http://64.246.64.33/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=nba/news/news.aspx?id=4202142)

(Sports Network) - The banged-up Los Angeles Clippers hope to avoid their ninth consecutive loss tonight when they face the surging San Antonio Spurs in the Alamo City.

The Clips, who have never won in the AT&T Center, will also attempt to halt a nine-game slide against the Spurs.

The Clippers dropped the opener of a three-game road trip in Dallas on Tuesday when Dirk Nowitzki dropped 34 points, going 4-for-4 from beyond the arc, as the Mavs got by Los Angeles, 107-102.

Rookie Eric Gordon followed up a career-high 31 points in a loss to Detroit on Sunday with 32 points and six assists in another losing effort.

Al Thornton netted 25 points and grabbed eight boards, Mardy Collins contributed 17 points with six rebounds and Marcus Camby delivered a game-high 19 rebounds and scored 10 points for LA, which was without starters Zach Randolph (knee) and Baron Davis (tailbone) for a third straight game.

Both Randolph and Davis are expected to remain on the sidelines for tonight's contest. LA is also without big man Chris Kaman (foot) and athletic swingman Ricky Davis, who will be serving the third game of a five-game suspension for violating the NBA's drug policy.

The Clippers, who are 5-12 as the visitor this season, will finish their trek in New Orleans on January 9.

The Spurs, who are opening a three-game homestand tonight, won their third straight game in Miami on Monday when Tim Duncan recorded 19 points and nine rebounds, as San Antonio defeated the Heat, 91-84, at American Airlines Arena.

George Hill had 15 points and seven rebounds for the Spurs, who have won eight of nine. Matt Bonner and Roger Mason had 11 points apiece, while Manu Ginobili posted 10 points in the win.

Tony Parker contributed eight points and seven assists for San Antonio.

San Antonio, which is 13-6 at the AT&T Center, will also face Orlando and the LA Lakers on its residency.

The Spurs are 11-0 against LA at the AT&T Center since the arena opened in 2002, and an unbelievable 58-8 all-time versus the Clippers franchise at home.

duncan228
01-08-2009, 03:53 PM
Interesting Q&A with a Clippers fan/blogger.

At Center Court with Kevin Arnovitz (http://48minutesofhell.blogspot.com/)

duncan228
01-08-2009, 04:23 PM
Clippers @ San Antonio - Game Preview and Open Thread (http://www.clipsnation.com/2009/1/8/713639/clippers-san-antonio-game)
by ClipperSteve

Probable starters:

PG
Mardy Collins
Tony Parker

SG
Eric Gordon
Roger Mason, Jr.

SF
Al Thornton
Michael Finley

PF
Brian Skinner
Tim Duncan

C
Marcus Camby
Matt Bonner

The Back Story:

November 17, 2008 in LA: San Antonio 86 - Clippers 83 Box Score Recap

The Big Picture:

Eight losses in a row and counting, the Clippers face the Spurs in San Antonio where they haven't won since Tony Parker was un petit enfant. OK, he wasn't that petit - it was seven years ago and he was a rookie of dix-neuf. But with the Clippers still missing five key players, I don't expect this to be the night where they break their Alamo losing streak. Of course, I didn't expect them to be in the game in Dallas either, and they were up by five with a couple minutes to go, so I guess anything is possible. I haven't gotten to watch a lot of Clippers basketball lately, what with vacation and no TV on the Dallas game, so I for one am looking forward to this. It will be fun to watch the new Eric Gordon, even if my expectations are pretty low for the game.

The Antagonist:

We've said it before, but this season is perhaps the best example ever. The Spurs just keep going, putting whatever spare parts they can find out on the floor with Tim Duncan, Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili. Their fourth leading scorer and starting shooting guard started 12 NBA games in his career before joining the Spurs and he's 28. Their starting center is one of three redheads in the NBA, and the other two are Brian Scalabrine and Robert Swift, so that is not good company. And their starting small forward is 106. But they're 23-11 and winners of 8 of their last 9, because, well, they're the Spurs - they have three really good players and a system that just plugs in other guys and keeps working. By the way, it's not a coincidence that the 28 year old, the redhead and the 106 year old can all SHOOT. Still, one wonders how long this can last. In years past, they would at least bring in a Brent Barry or a Robert Horry. But they seem to have given up on Fabricio Oberto, the latest in a long line of guys they tried to use starting next to Tim Duncan. And they don't seem to have even brought in much help this time. Duncan is 32 and Ginobili is 31 (with a lot of miles on him as well). It seems likely that the days of the Spurs contending for a title with this group are coming to an end.

The Subplots:

* Eric Gordon - Think San Antonio watched some tape of the Dallas game? Think they may be dusting off Bruce Bowen to try to slow him down? Eric found out in the fourth quarter of the Mavs game what it's like to be the main focus of an NBA defense. He better get used to it, because for the time being the formula is pretty simple - stop Eric Gordon and beat the Clippers.

* Bad matchup for Camby. MDsr will put Brian Skinner on Tim Duncan to start the game, because that's the value that Skinner adds. But that leaves Camby to defend Bonner, a 48% three point shooter. No one wants Marcus standing out at the three point line, least of all Marcus. Of course the Clippers have been playing a lot of zone lately to try to keep people out of foul trouble, and they'll probably try it tonight as well. But if they're manning up, their rotations had better be sharp, because the Spurs always have at least three shooters on the floor, and Marcus is going to be cheating off Bonner all night.

* Speaking of the Zone. I'm sure they'll try it, since they've been playing so much of it with this short-handed roster. But it seems to me that the Spurs are going to destroy the zone. Zone defenses break down completely when teams are able to penetrate against them, and Parker and Ginobili are two of the best penetrators in the league. With Mason and Bonner and Finley spreading the floor, there will be open looks everywhere against the zone unless the Clippers execute perfectly.

* Fred Jones. As I write this there's no official announcement (UPDATE, now there is), but supposedly Fred Jones will be back with the team and ready to play in this game. According to Ramona and Lisa, the reason the Clippers turned around and waived Hassan Adams a couple hours after trading for him was because they found out that Jones was healthy enough to play tonight. That's good news for the weary muscles of Eric Gordon and Mardy Collins, who played 46 and 45 minutes respectively on Monday.

* First meeting. In the first meeting of the season, erstwhile Clipper Cat Mobley tied the game with a three pointer with 64 seconds left. But Roger Mason Jr. drained a three of his own on the Spurs final possession, and the Clippers failed to get a decent look in the final 8 seconds. Call it Number 152 in 'How to lose a close game'. The Clippers know them all. Of course, neither Parker NOR Ginobili played in that first meeting, so the Clippers essentially lost to Duncan and a bunch of non-descript guys. This time it's the Spurs at full strength and the Clippers severely depleted.

* Speaking of injuries. I watched a few minutes of Lakers-Warriors tonight - heard John Ireland talk about how bad the Lakers injury situation is - how they're missing 3 of their top 9 players. Then the game started and they featured the starting lineup they've used most of the season. Cry me a river, Ireland. Try 5 of the top 9, 3 starters and every damn point guard injured.

phyzik
01-08-2009, 04:38 PM
* Speaking of injuries. I watched a few minutes of Lakers-Warriors tonight - heard John Ireland talk about how bad the Lakers injury situation is - how they're missing 3 of their top 9 players. Then the game started and they featured the starting lineup they've used most of the season. Cry me a river, Ireland. Try 5 of the top 9, 3 starters and every damn point guard injured.

Haha, I liked that last part.

YoMamaIsCallin
01-08-2009, 06:20 PM
No TNT tonight? WTF NBA?

there's this little sports event going on called the BCS Championship... I guess TNT didn't think their probable ratings warranted the cost of doing a national double header.