PDA

View Full Version : Former Spurs Legend Stars in Movie about Basketball Playing Dwarves

Strange Botwin
01-07-2009, 09:42 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1009017/

The Minis

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1009017/usercomments

This first 10 minutes of this movie is so horribly edited, shot, and acted that I almost stopped watching. Luckily from here it gets better. Roger (Joe Gnoffo) and his friends decide to play in the Venice Beach Basketball Tournament in order to raise cash for his son's college tuition. After some convincing, they agree but are still short one player. So they try to enlist the help of Dennis Rodman. Joe Gnoffo struggles with his role at times, and gives a pretty poor performance. That said I was mildly impressed by Gabriel Pimentel in the role of Chevy. Most of the others involved did a fair enough job, with the exception of Megumi Hosogai whom was very over the top. Not sure if I can blame her for that or not. Bad direction perhaps, or maybe her level of campyness was intended. Either way it didn't work and was rather annoying. None the less, it was entertaining at times, and had a decent message.

Seemed like it would be a interesting, funny and all around good film worth watching, until I started watching it. The idea of the film was a descent one. Four little people teaming up with an ex-basketball star to play a local ball contest. That's the best it got. The acting, on all accounts was just bad. The story was nothing original either. Father wants son to play ball, son wants to do something else, son does not get scholarship to school, father doesn't have enough money, so of coarse, enter a local contest to win prize money. Guy likes one girl that doesn't know he's alive. Another girl likes him, but he's to stupid to see it. Those ideas have been done way too many times and they never get any better.

The film tries to send the message, don't call them "midgets", call them dwarfs or little people. But with a terrible script and bad acting all the good morals they try to convey, end up being drowned out by your snoring because you keep falling asleep from complete boredom.

The only thing I can think of saying good about this movie is..... It has descent cinematography. They seem to have use good quality cameras and film, along with someone to run the cameras that appeared like they knew what they were doing. Audio is descent too. You can clearly hear that bad acting going on.

If you want to see a funny and good movie with a ex-basketball star, I recommend saving your money and just rent Space Jam for the hundredth time.

lefty
01-07-2009, 10:25 PM
It hough it was a thread about Avery Johnson

Manufan909
01-08-2009, 10:10 AM
I saw this on a site awhile, back. I'm very glad after reading the OP that I did. Sounds dumber than I imagined.

m33p0
01-08-2009, 10:58 AM
with Dennis Rodman, there's bound to be bad acting. even karl malone can tell you that.

not being a dick but it's "decent" not "descent".

I Love Me Some Me
01-08-2009, 11:47 AM
Little People, Big Hoop

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-08-2009, 12:00 PM
Dennis must really need the money these days.

Obstructed_View
01-08-2009, 08:35 PM
So where's the Spurs legend?

JWest596
01-08-2009, 09:14 PM
Exactly when did Dennis Rodman become a Spurs legend? Did I miss the memo?

peskypesky
01-08-2009, 11:20 PM
It hough it was a thread about Avery Johnson

that is some cold shit.
:lol