PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Randolph anyone?

SenorSpur
01-07-2009, 11:20 PM
Anyone remember this Warriors rookie?

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/anthony_randolph/index.html

I saw this kid earlier in the season, when the Rockets visited the Warriors and Randolph gave them all they could handle. I was impressed with his shooting, rebounding, aggressive drives to the hoop. He even tried to dunk on Yao a few times. His efforts drew a rousing round of applause by the Warriors faithful.

He's not a 7-footer, but he is a versatile forward that seemingly has a good midrange game and can step out and shoot the three. Don't know about his defense, ability to block shots or score down low.

Unfortunately for him, he's caught up in another round of Nelson's mind games. As such, he has been relegated to the Warriors bench. Now Nelson even has him playing behind an inferior forward. He's virtually rotting on the Warriors bench. Reference the bottom of the article below.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113817

I wonder if this kid would be of interest to Pop and the Spurs brass and if he could be had. Thoughts from the masses?

Baseline
01-08-2009, 01:37 AM
I love this guy! He's fearless - still raw, but fearless. I'd love him on the Spurs, but I doubt GS would give him up.

Chieflion
01-08-2009, 01:51 AM
I love this guy! He's fearless - still raw, but fearless. I'd love him on the Spurs, but I doubt GS would give him up.

Don Nelson apparently told him to ask his agent to force a trade.

m33p0
01-08-2009, 01:55 AM
Pop might see him as someone who is too much into himself.
He even tried to dunk on Yao a few times.... he wants highlights, something Pop wouldn't approve.

timvp
01-08-2009, 02:01 AM
The Spurs don't have enough to get him.

ManuTP9
01-08-2009, 02:35 AM
this guy is a beast

Austin_Toros
01-08-2009, 03:16 AM
heaps of potential to become a monster player. some even say that one day he will be in the top 10 players in the league.

landing randolph would be a dream come true- but i don't see it happening.

papashango
01-08-2009, 03:28 AM
Anthony Randolph? The rookie? It would take Parker or Ginobilli to get him. He's probably best suited where he's at. I like his game and his a Texas guy and while he'd probably be at best the 6th or 7th man on this team his trade value is that of a all star due to his young age and potential. Its hard as hell to trade for guys like that because you don't know if they will ever hit their potential.

erikuff
01-08-2009, 04:55 AM
Offer someone who can pop and shoot and you've got yourself Randolph.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-08-2009, 06:24 AM
Offer someone who can pop and shoot and you've got yourself Randolph.

Red Rocket?

:lmao

mrspurs
01-08-2009, 10:01 AM
Once again when it comes to bigs. I dont trust our FO. Since Drob the FO has brought in one failure after another. And here we are today, losing another try out. While at the sametime wondering when will Ian be ready. And with Horry out there it doesnt look good.

tav1
01-08-2009, 10:25 AM
The Spurs don't have enough to get him.

This was my first thought. And while I think Randolph could be good, he can't shoot either. So in some ways he doesn't fit the system. If they could get him for nothing, they should. But they can't, so we're moving along.

Some team could get lucky this season by trading with Golden State. They have several unhappy players and contracts to unload. Everyone knows about Maggette, but I think Monta Ellis wants out too. And Stephen Jackson is unhappy. GS might have to use players like Randolph and Wright to move the bigger contracts of disgruntled rotation guys. Some teams will have to ask themselves if they are willing to depart with an All-Star quality player for, say, Ellis and Randolph or Maggette, Randolph, and Wright.

Red Hawk #21
01-08-2009, 07:01 PM
Randolph is a beast, I watched him a little in college. Dude can do alot, shoot, pass, dribble, rebound, defend. If you guys want him better get him while he is still young, because i think he is a Chris Bosh starter kit.