PDA

View Full Version : Steve Francis has still not reported to the Grizzlies

Indazone
01-08-2009, 12:26 AM
ok the trade went down on Dec. 24th. Where the hell is this guy? It's now January 7th and Francis recorded an NWT - Player Not With Team.

Is he trying to get out of playing for the Grizzlies and force a trade to China? :lol

lefty
01-08-2009, 12:33 AM
Bison Dele 2.0

Indazone
01-08-2009, 12:36 AM
I think I might have to concede that Franchise is done after reading this post in Rotoworld. I still hold out hope that he'll come around but...

Francis is done on all levels and I realized this a couple of summers ago. On a random Saturday night i attended a popular night club in Washington Dc. Franchise was there with an entourage the whole night just getting absolutely hammered. At the end of the night the guy was stumbling all over place and could barely stand up. He ended up leaving and walking out of the club right before me. After he got outside the guy sat on the curb waiting for his car when he just totally passed out on the sidewalk. He laid there for like 5 mins and people just walked by. After like 7 -8 mins. one of his friends finally picked him up and placed him precariously in his rolls royce. I knew at that point (summer of 2006) that Francis didnt care about playing basketball at a high level.

Ah well...this is me hoping beyond hope that he'll come back aka Grant Hill and be a force again. But I think I will be disappointed much like I was when I hoped against all odds that Vin Baker would make a comeback and conquer his alcoholic demons.

NBA Junkie
01-08-2009, 11:12 AM
It wouldn't be the first time he wanted no part of the Grizzlies organization :lol