PDA

View Full Version : The Powermat System

tp2021
01-08-2009, 03:03 AM
http://www.powermatusa.com/powermat-system.html

The Technology:
Innovative, safe, efficient and wireless. Finally!

Ever since Nikola Tesla experimented with the transmission of energy through the air in 1893, scientists have known that the possibility of wireless power exists. Unfortunately, it has been unfeasible to wirelessly transmit energy in an efficient, safe and economically viable manner. Until now.

Based on principles of magnetic induction, Powermat technology renders traditional conductive charging technology obsolete, in favor of an entirely new energy distribution process. Using a shared magnetic field, Powermat technology transmits electrical power via an ultra-thin mat embedded in, or overlaid on, any surface or wall to any enabled electronic device placed on it.

The cornerstone of the technology is a data protocol between the Powermat and Powermat receivers that constantly monitors and regulates the power delivery. It also allows for the implementation of advanced power management capabilities within the system, such as optimized standby consumption, automatic termination of the charging application, and much more.

This data protocol also enables an authentication process, which once completed, invokes the power transmission. When a Powermat-enabled device is placed on the Powermat, the authentication process identifies:

* Is there a valid connection between the mat and the device
* The amount of power required by a device and its existing level of stored battery power
* Which component in the Powermat should be activated to transfer the required power.

Then and only then does the transfer of power begin. The Powermat system then continuously monitors the power level of each device on it and automatically discontinues power transfer to each device individually when that device’s need for power is satisfied.

We're launching our product line first as a multi-device recharging system for handheld consumer electronics and laptops. But Powermat technology is a scalable solution that can be incorporated into surfaces such as walls, tables and desks. No more searching for an electrical outlet - Powermat technology will revolutionize the way we use power.

Stumbled upon it. Looks pretty cool. Thought I would share.

Trainwreck2100
01-08-2009, 03:04 AM
so how will it help me lose weight?

tp2021
01-08-2009, 03:39 AM
so how will it help me lose weight?

The better question is, what happens when you put your balls on it?

ORION
01-08-2009, 10:02 AM
The better question is, what happens when you put your balls on it?

That is definitely not a better question.

tp2021
01-08-2009, 10:16 AM
That is definitely not a better question.

Just a joke.

I hoped putting it in the club instead of the geek forum would get more responses.

ORION
01-08-2009, 10:48 AM
Just a joke.

I hoped putting it in the club instead of the geek forum would get more responses.

maybe your wang would absorb so much radiation that it would grow to 36 inches but be pencil thin.