PDA

View Full Version : rofl artest has more all star votes than dirk and gasol

Darthkiller
01-08-2009, 03:24 PM
this system is a joke and needs to be blown up. I am voting for yi everyday now, he is closing up on KG.

Shank
01-08-2009, 03:28 PM
They should just let the Rockets (with Yi) play the NBA All-Stars.

Final score-

NBA All-Stars 160
Rockets 42

balli
01-08-2009, 03:35 PM
Fuck Artest. Fuck Amare. Fuck Dirk. Fuck Crymelo. Duncan's cool. Millsap FTW!

Sportstudi
01-08-2009, 03:38 PM
Now it's proven that the voting system is nothing but a piece of s***! Artest, Amar'e and Melo with more votes than Dirk??? He's having a tremendous season so far, but the result??? Sorry, but that's bulls***! :bang

Rockhound
01-08-2009, 03:40 PM
Even if Yi got more votes than KG, I doubt Stern would give him the nod.

balli
01-08-2009, 03:43 PM
Even if Yi got more votes than KG, I doubt Stern would give him the nod.
I hope he wouldn't. Seriously, the NBA should ban Chinese IP's from voting.

resistanze
01-08-2009, 03:45 PM
Dirk will get chosen by the coaches regardless.

Sportstudi
01-08-2009, 03:53 PM

I agree. Btw, we have the same opinion, that's kinda weird :toast (not meant offensively)
Moreover it's weird that so many Houston players are high placed although most of them either played shitty or are injured almost all the time. See T-Mac, Battier, Artest... Well, thanks China...

Lp26
01-08-2009, 04:10 PM
F KG. I vote for YI whenever i remember. What # is the final return?

Sportstudi
01-08-2009, 04:11 PM
F KG. I vote for YI whenever i remember. What # is the final return?

Thursday, 22nd

Medvedenko
01-08-2009, 04:23 PM
It doesn't really matter who's 2nd or 3rd as the starters seem to be on the money for the most part. Also the coaches vote for the subs and I'm sure they don't look at the voting and decide.

Sportstudi
01-08-2009, 04:30 PM
It doesn't really matter who's 2nd or 3rd as the starters seem to be on the money for the most part. Also the coaches vote for the subs and I'm sure they don't look at the voting and decide.

You're right, but it's still bulls***

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-08-2009, 04:32 PM
Now it's proven that the voting system is nothing but a piece of s***! Artest, Amar'e and Melo with more votes than Dirk??? He's having a tremendous season so far, but the result??? Sorry, but that's bulls***! :bang

Agreed, Duncan and Dirk have been the pride of the Western forwards so far. Also, don't call him Amar'e, he needs to stop bitching about his name and jersey number and Tupac CD's and worry about basketball.

Hopefully if Amare is not voted in and the coaches feel the need to vote a token Phoenix player in because it's in Phoenix, the player who deserves it is Shaq, not Amare.

lurker
01-08-2009, 05:37 PM
If they did, they could still use a proxy to vote. The only way to stop it is to not allow fans to vote at all.

Galileo
01-08-2009, 06:08 PM
democracy is an imperfect system. We elected W twice, didn't we?

The NBA should switch the all-star voting to a Constitutional Republic.

balli
01-08-2009, 06:11 PM
The only way to stop it is to not allow fans to vote at all.
I'd be down. We're all smart because we're super NBA fans who spend our times on NBA message boards. But the average fan's a schmuck. I'd say let the coaches, GM's and players vote before calling it good.

The NBA should switch the all-star voting to a Constitutional Republic.

Interesting idea. Like our GM's get to do the voting for us, but in effect, have to remain more reasonable than the masses? :tu Cool.

Many PackYao
01-08-2009, 06:31 PM
I can't believe you guys are making a big deal out of this.It's a one and done game that doesn't affect the standings.:rolleyes

balli
01-08-2009, 06:32 PM
I can't believe you guys are making a big deal out of this.It's a one and done game that doesn't affect the standings.:rolleyes

Not a big deal at all. Just a conversation to keep me from working. I, and I'd suspect most others, could really give two fucks about who plays in the All-Star game.

edit: Although maybe not the OP.

endrity
01-08-2009, 07:25 PM
Very soon the All-Star game starting lineups will be

West: Yao, Scola, Artest, TMac, Alston
East: Lopez, Yi, Simmons, Carter, Harris

Armando
01-08-2009, 07:46 PM
Agreed, Duncan and Dirk have been the pride of the Western forwards so far. Also, don't call him Amar'e, he needs to stop bitching about his name and jersey number and Tupac CD's and worry about basketball.

Hopefully if Amare is not voted in and the coaches feel the need to vote a token Phoenix player in because it's in Phoenix, the player who deserves it is Shaq, not Amare.

Yeah I think the Suns will at least get 2 players on the team for being the host city. Shaq truly deserves to be on the team this year with how he is playing. Nash and Amare or JRich are toss ups.

Armando
01-08-2009, 07:49 PM

I got an easy fix don't put Yi on the ballot to begin with. Despite what people here think of KG is a travesty that Yi is even within striking distance of getting in as a Starter. Yes I know KG is a douchebag but he should be the starter for the East.

Sportstudi
01-08-2009, 08:12 PM
I got an easy fix don't put Yi on the ballot to begin with. Despite what people here think of KG is a travesty that Yi is even within striking distance of getting in as a Starter. Yes I know KG is a douchebag but he should be the starter for the East.

Agreed

Indazone
01-08-2009, 08:38 PM
Kewl Beans! Ron Artest is gonna be an All-Star!!!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-08-2009, 09:23 PM
Yeah I think the Suns will at least get 2 players on the team for being the host city. Shaq truly deserves to be on the team this year with how he is playing. Nash and Amare or JRich are toss ups.

Grant Hill deserves it over anyone of those idiots. They should have 1 all star the way they have played: Shaq

They don't deserve >1 all star, if they MUST then it's Grant Hill.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-08-2009, 09:24 PM
The Rockets must be proud if Artest gets in, shittiest team in NBA history with 3 all star starters.