PDA

View Full Version : If you were ever widowed, would you eventually re-marry?

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-08-2009, 05:27 PM

I. Hustle
01-08-2009, 05:35 PM
She just said that because she is going to bone a ton of dudes.

j/k that was toushing. I'm toushed

thispego
01-08-2009, 05:39 PM
We're both young enough, and she's certainly attractive enough to do so
:rolleyes you have to be attractive to get married/re-married?

to21
01-08-2009, 05:39 PM
Hells yes....

Richard Cranium
01-08-2009, 05:40 PM
Most prison breakers are in no hurry to return.

SpursWoman
01-08-2009, 05:47 PM
I've already come to terms with the fact that I'll most likely be unmarried until the day I die, which if genetics come into play I won't last much past 60.

And even if I DO manage not to die first, I'll be over 40 by then ... and have a better chance of getting hit by lightning. :spin

I. Hustle
01-08-2009, 05:49 PM
I've already come to terms with the fact that I'll most likely be unmarried until the day I die, which if genetics come into play I won't last much past 60.

And even if I DO manage not to die first, I'll be over 40 by then ... and have a better chance of getting hit by lightning. :spin

So you are just boning around then? Can I have your number?

j/k unless your gonna do it.

gatoloco
01-08-2009, 05:50 PM
do you even realize how much extra ass the widower angle would bring home?

you already have the kids, the house, the security,

and then add carte blanche pussy...
why the hell would any self respecting bastard want to get re-married?

but be sure to tell her that it's because no one could replace her...:lmao

SpursWoman
01-08-2009, 05:51 PM
So you are just boning around then? Can I have your number?

j/k unless your going do it.

:lol :lol

I live in sin. :cooldevil

I. Hustle
01-08-2009, 05:52 PM

is that a yes?

mrsmaalox
No way. I would enjoy being on my own I think. AND it's just too much work.

Ed Helicopter Jones
:rolleyes you have to be attractive to get married/re-married?

If you're marrying me you do. :)

But seriously, my point was that she would have no problem drawing the interest of just about anyone she wanted. Should she choose to become un-single there would be no shortage of willing suitors, I'm sure.

But your point is a good one. Everyone is beautiful in their own way. I've heard the song so I know that's true.

I. Hustle
01-08-2009, 05:53 PM
No way. I would enjoy being on my own I think. AND it's just too much work.

I KNOW you would just bone around.

gatoloco
01-08-2009, 05:53 PM

well, his screen name is user. :wakeup

I. Hustle
01-08-2009, 05:54 PM
If you're marrying me you do. :)

But seriously, my point was that she would have no problem drawing the interest of just about anyone she wanted. Should she choose to become un-single there would be no shortage of willing suitors, I'm sure.

But your point is a good one. Everyone is beautiful in their own way. I've heard the song so I know that's true.

Don't fags just put everything into perspective?

SpursWoman
01-08-2009, 05:55 PM
well, his screen name is user. :wakeup

Ouch.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-08-2009, 05:57 PM

I thought thispego was a woman.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-08-2009, 05:58 PM

Mrs. Chopper and I had this joke for years that she was just my girlfriend who'd never go home because that's how it always felt. Chopper Jr. coming along a few years back changed that a bit.

RichardSimmons
01-08-2009, 05:59 PM

In our own way.

ashbeeigh
01-08-2009, 06:00 PM
I'm going to die an old cat lady so this has nothing to do with me.

/thread

gatoloco
01-08-2009, 06:02 PM

/thread

what makes you think the cats would stick around? :lmao

mrsmaalox
01-08-2009, 06:05 PM

Zing!!!! :lol

ashbeeigh
01-08-2009, 06:06 PM

:bang

balli
01-08-2009, 06:07 PM
Bad idea. see: Hamlet

I. Hustle
01-08-2009, 06:07 PM

/thread

If you get lonely and get that itch I'll stick it in ya. Listen to me... I'm just a hopeless romantic.

JoeChalupa
01-08-2009, 06:10 PM
One and done is my motto.

easjer
01-08-2009, 06:28 PM
Too many things that depends on.

I would want SFIE to remarry, if he chose to, because I want him to be happy. I would be open to the idea after awhile, I expect, but it would depend. It would be hard to find another man like SFIE, who would love me and interest me in the same way (the way I think it takes to be married to someone long-term, I mean).

I think - though I can't be sure - that he would like me to remarry, so I was taken care of.

We've only been married 3 years though, and are both still under 30. I think if he died soon, I would be more likely to remarry, because I want children someday. If I were 68, I would be less likely to remarry, I think.

Then I think of my grandmother, who remarried after my grandfather died (8 years later - hardly right away). After Herb died, she remarried again, about 2 years later. I have never been certain whether she preferred companionship and found it in these men (both long-time friends who were widowed), or if she loved them (in a way different from her 40 year marriage to my grandfather), or if she was just afraid of being alone.

thispego
01-08-2009, 06:33 PM

you'd know. fag.

thispego
01-08-2009, 06:35 PM
I thought thispego was a woman.

seriously? i guess im bitchy, but....

i was just commenting on the fact that you constantly remind spurstalk that your wife is hot

MiamiHeat
01-08-2009, 06:39 PM
Mrs. Chopper and I had this discussion the other night, and have probably discussed it three or four other times over the years, and we both said we probably wouldn't. We're both young enough, and she's certainly attractive enough to do so, but we agreed that we'd probably just live a single life should the other ever pass on.

We've both put a tremendous amount of time and effort into our marriage, and gone through a lot of ups and downs over the years. It probably took 15 years to get into the amazingly great groove we're now in, and we both agreed that we don't know, at this point in our lives, if we'd ever meet someone worthy of putting that much effort into a relationship with. It's funny, our interests are so varied that we've achieved this sort of 'separate togetherness' in that we each lead our own individual lives, but have this great married connection, too. We have different hobbies, different friends and interests, but still have a lot in common. Our ability to be our own person I think allows us to have a relationship that's still fresh and intriguing after 18+ years. From what I see with other couples who are either suffocatingly intertwined, or on the other extreme, can't stand to be near the other person, I'm not sure I'd ever find a relationship like the one I'm in ever again.

Anyone else ever considered what they'll do should their significant other not be there someday?

Let's just get it out of the way now. Your girl is cheating on you

SpursFanFirst
01-08-2009, 06:39 PM

/thread

+1 :depressed

balli
01-08-2009, 06:40 PM
seriously? i guess im bitchy, but....

I've always pictured you as an angry Lloyd Christmas.

thispego
01-08-2009, 06:42 PM
I've always pictured you as an angry Lloyd Christmas.

lol yeah, thats what im going for

ploto
01-08-2009, 06:44 PM
I do not believe that you can really answer this question in advance. My belief at one time was also one and done, but sometimes someone leaves, whether by choice or by death, and eventually you may at least become open to the idea of having another person in your life. I also know that some people with kids may wish for their children to have a step parent, as well.

Not to be unromantic, but I know an older person who is not getting remarried because it would negatively impact Social Security benefits.

td4mvp21
01-08-2009, 06:45 PM
+1 :depressed

You both are young give it time :lol

2Blonde
01-09-2009, 03:06 AM
My hubby and I have talked about it several times. Our feeling is that you go through so much to make a marriage work and the older you get, the less likely you are to take on that load. Also, we have what I consider to be, such an amazing time together after almost 12 years together that I don't think I'd really want to share that with someone else. He is my other half/completes me..yada, yada, yada....

CavsSuperFan
01-09-2009, 10:19 AM
Its not that easy…When women get over 40 they get cranky & constantly compare you to the ex husbands…

You are having beer & eggs for breakfast…I hate that!... My ex always had beer & eggs for breakfast on weekends….

You are going for a bike ride! My ex had a geek bike like you & wore those stupid bike shorts all the time…

You are watching Apocalypse now again? Does the ending change after 100x’s…

You are going to the hobby store to get more stuff for your electric train? Don’t forget to wear your “loser” T-Shirt…

I. Hustle
01-09-2009, 10:21 AM
Its not that easy…When women get over 40 they get cranky & constantly compare you to the ex husbands…

You are having beer & eggs for breakfast…I hate that!... My ex always had beer & eggs for breakfast on weekends….

You are going for a bike ride! My ex had a geek bike like you & wore those stupid bike shorts all the time…

You are going to the hobby store to get more stuff for your electric train? Don’t forget to wear your “loser” T-Shirt…

Wow you have it tough.

tlongII
01-09-2009, 10:21 AM
If I ever got married my wife would kill me thus making the question irrelevant.

Richard Cranium
01-09-2009, 10:23 AM
If I ever got married my wife would kill me thus making the question irrelevant.

So what you are saying is she'd hire someone to "hit it".

Summers
01-09-2009, 10:30 AM

Wow, I'm sorry you suck at making a woman happy. I'm approaching 40 and I find I'm mellowing and becoming more horny with age.

Yes, I'd remarry if I found someone worthy and I'd want my husband to also.

Dr. Gonzo
01-09-2009, 10:32 AM
I don't know.

Blake
01-09-2009, 11:35 AM
if I ever remarried again, I would be verrrry picky.

Even if I liked her a lot, if she isnt smart and can't sustain herself financially, then the answer is no.

balli
01-09-2009, 12:16 PM

Holy shit. No offense if you somehow still love your wife or are catholic, but man, you need a fucking divorce, ASAP.

JudynTX
01-09-2009, 12:31 PM
Negative

SpursWoman
01-09-2009, 12:45 PM
...and no, I wouldn't re-cohabitate. It took me almost 33 years to find the one guy I totally & absolutely trust, adore, like, love ... etc.

That kind of lucky find only happens once in a lifetime. :makeout :angel

So, I'd die alone surrounded by a bunch of cats. http://www.laymark.com/i/c/c17.gif

I still think I'll die first, though. :lol

angel_luv
01-09-2009, 01:06 PM
Bo and I came up with this idea:We live happily married, still completely in love until I am 121 and he is 120 at which point, hopefully, the Rapture would come, so we'll never be apart from each other.

Trainwreck2100
01-09-2009, 01:23 PM
Bo and I came up with this idea:We live happily married, still completely in love until I am 121 and he is 120 at which point, hopefully, the Rapture would come, so we'll never be apart from each other.

Why wait for the rapture, if you want to go together there's always a plane crash.

gatoloco
01-09-2009, 01:28 PM

i can see you coming up with that idea...and bo happily nodding while trying to get your bra unhooked...:lol

spurs_fan_in_exile
01-09-2009, 01:33 PM
It would have to be a pretty small window of time for me to really consider remarriage, namely either some time very soon or some time in the fairly distant future. I'm only 25, so it's tough to see myself going through the rest of my life alone should something happen. I couldn't give an exact cut off date, but at some point I think I'd come to feel that I don't feel like investing the time and energy that it takes to make something that big work.

Or if easjer should go first when we're in our 80's or 90's, I will live the rest of days throwing down little blue pills and nailing the hottest gold digging nympho stripper I can find until my heart and/or hips give out.

Dr. Gonzo
01-09-2009, 01:38 PM
I'd marry either a stripper or an 18 year old runaway.

Darrin
01-09-2009, 02:42 PM
No. I have a hard time getting over a person, especially if I am in love with them. I'd stay a spinster.

jack sommerset
01-09-2009, 02:53 PM
I'd marry either a stripper or an 18 year old runaway.

Strippers are just nasty. Coming home with after spreading her glory hole to the world would not get me off. Now the 18 year old runaway is the way to go.

I Love Me Some Me
01-09-2009, 02:54 PM
I'd probably call Findog's girl and ask her to give me a handjob with her good arm.

jack sommerset
01-09-2009, 02:58 PM
I'd probably call Findog's girl and ask her to give me a handjob with her good arm.

Thats funny. Poor findog. He thinks he is playing it smooth only to have that one arm slut IMing him describing how she jerk some dude off. :lol I am tearing up with laughter.

CuckingFunt
01-09-2009, 03:37 PM
Why wait for the rapture, if you want to go together there's always a plane crash.

Or a suicide pact.

Dr. Gonzo
01-09-2009, 03:43 PM
Thats funny. Poor findog. He thinks he is playing it smooth only to have that one arm slut IMing him describing how she jerk some dude off. :lol I am tearing up with laughter.

:tu

BlackSwordsMan
01-09-2009, 03:45 PM
i'd bone a widowed chick

IronMexican
01-09-2009, 03:45 PM
I probably wouldnt

Rockhound
01-09-2009, 03:54 PM
Probably not.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-09-2009, 04:20 PM
i was just commenting on the fact that you constantly remind spurstalk that your wife is hot

Damn, I'm an asshole.

If it's any consolation I've also done my best over the years to point out the beauty of the other women of Spurstalk...Shelly, SW, Kori, 2Blonde, etc.

I just call 'em as I see 'em.

2Blonde
01-10-2009, 05:30 PM
Damn, I'm an asshole.

If it's any consolation I've also done my best over the years to point out the beauty of the other women of Spurstalk...Shelly, SW, Kori, 2Blonde, etc.

And your doing a Damn good job, as usual! :toast

TheSuckUp
01-10-2009, 06:54 PM
Damn, I'm an asshole.

You know damn well what you are doing.

thispego
01-11-2009, 03:06 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103805

gloat much?

just saying

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-12-2009, 12:29 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103805

gloat much?

just saying

You're kind of downer, dude.

I've only scratched the surface on my gloatability when it comes to Mrs. Chopper. Stick around.