PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on our beloved Mavs tonight

Ghazi
01-08-2009, 10:54 PM
Barely watched, was watching national championship. Did see 4th quarter though. Vexing that yet again we go down to the final minute against a lottery team. Bass's play was nice, but Dirk's shooting touch in the 4th was concerning, and has become somewhat of a trend this year although he's had some nice 4th quarters. What is up with that? WE can't say he's getting passive or gunshy, he took like 6 shots I believe... and missed all of them.

I'll take the win. Now we got @ Phoenix @ Sacramento @ Denver v New Orleans.... home game v divisional rival, Im calling it a must win. As for the road trip, I'll settle for 2-1... so let's hope the Mavs go 3-1 or 4-0 in this stretch

As for what I see on the court, mediocre basketball... it's very irritating and I'm afraid nothing can change it and I have no hope. Some nights, I see a team that can get homecourt and win 1 playoff series, some nights I see a 1 and done team, and other nights I see a team that will finish 9th in the West. Never however do I see a team that's elite.

Let's go Mavs.

Brickhouse
01-08-2009, 11:05 PM
Dirk basically sucked the whole game. He was content to wait for the double team and pass out. Luckily the other players hit some shots and they were playing the Knicks. So I guess he picked a good game to suck.

This team just looks like its going to get demolished by their upcoming schedule. A bounce here and there and they would have lost to the Clippers and Knicks.

Ghazi
01-08-2009, 11:09 PM
I dunno about "demolished", we usually do good against the Suns , Denver is without Melo, and NO and Utah are home games (although that doesn't mean much this year as we're bad at home v good teams and have close wins v bad teams).... we'll see what happens.

Ghazi
01-08-2009, 11:13 PM
I also wanna say the Mavs are probably not as good as their record right now. With all these close calls, we probably deserved to lose atleast 1-2 of those games and be 21-14 or 20-15. It goes both ways but our losses haven't even been close, they've been blowouts recently.

SpursIndonesia
01-08-2009, 11:23 PM
Your team should win against NO and Denver, but lose against Utah and Phoenix, that would be ideal for our team interest, he he. :D

sribb43
01-08-2009, 11:24 PM
Dirk gets slowed by the defensive jugernaat in the Knicks:( Mavs shoot too many 3's against a team that has absolutely 0 inside presence. Another terrible win for this team, it will eventually catch up to them if they contue to play like this

Findog
01-08-2009, 11:51 PM
It's actually kind of a good sign that your best player can suck that bad and you still win. Still, this team needs to pick up its play if it wants to do anything this year.

Ditty
01-08-2009, 11:54 PM
i dont care who wins against phoneix cuz its helps the spurs who ever loses anyways

lose at sacremento but i relly doubt it would happen

dont really care again about denver cuz its helps the spurs again whoever loses

new orleans ill pull for the mavs if they lose to either denver or phoneix

Dirkgreatness
01-09-2009, 05:04 AM
Carlisle said after the game Nowitzki played with a fever of 101 degrees. The Dallas star shrugged it off, saying he had a head cold, and that his performance had more to do with the Knicks throwing constant double teams at him.

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2009/01/09/sports/BKN-Knicks-Mavericks-Folo-Rdp.php