PDA

View Full Version : G.Hill Dunk

Chomag
01-08-2009, 11:43 PM
Hey guys, if anyone could post a clip of Hill's throw-down in the 4th. I would be very much obliged.

Of course of all the times for me to have stepped out the room and completely miss it...heh

Sorry to be a pain Y'all but when any of the spurs dunk the ball its an event worth celebrating.

Thanks!

m33p0
01-08-2009, 11:44 PM
i turned the tv off just as it happened. :shootme

Dr. Gonzo
01-08-2009, 11:45 PM
A Spur dunked? He should be given a max contract.

Chomag
01-08-2009, 11:46 PM

Or traded lol

Amuseddaysleeper
01-08-2009, 11:55 PM
Someone please upload this if possible! :toast

raspsa
01-08-2009, 11:58 PM
I think this dunk was better than the one he had against the Wolves..

duncan228
01-09-2009, 12:02 AM
http://a.espncdn.com/media/apphoto/f8e796fc-62a4-4f46-afef-62f00d2513ca.jpg

bdictjames
01-09-2009, 12:08 AM
Looks nasty.

When was our last dunker that had a regular spot in the rotation?

inb4 Manu

Ditty
01-09-2009, 12:12 AM
GH3

i hope becomes the steal of the draft!

BlackBellamy
01-09-2009, 12:13 AM
Looks nasty.

inb4 Manu
Nazr and Elson both attempted to be 'dunkers'. They achieved more in the 'rimmer' category (sounds dirty). Manu has had some amazing dunks in the past. Would you consider him a 'dunker'? I still wouldn't call Hill one. The two that I've seen him get have been in the open court. Even Tony has been known to do that.

timvp
01-09-2009, 12:13 AM
Hill's dunk was pretty decent. His reverse layup on the break was a lot more impressive though.

Manufan909
01-09-2009, 12:15 AM
Nazr and Elson both attempted to be 'dunkers'. They achieved more in the 'rimmer' category (sounds dirty). Manu has had some amazing dunks in the past. Would you consider him a 'dunker'? I still wouldn't call Hill one. The two that I've seen him get have been in the open court. Even Tony has been known do that.

And he's aso been know to catch rim cuz he has no ups, something I doubt I'll see from Hill.:hat

Yorae
01-09-2009, 12:16 AM
Uhm when was the last spurs alley oop dunk...None yet this season i guess. Could Sugar Hill do it?

MarHill
01-09-2009, 12:21 AM
Hill's dunk was pretty decent. His reverse layup on the break was a lot more impressive though.

Timvp, I agree with that!

The reverse layup was sweet!!

:flag:

BlackBellamy
01-09-2009, 12:23 AM
Uhm when was the last spurs alley oop dunk...None yet this season i guess. Could Sugar Hill do it?
Here's a nice one...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ya8NNFSPVY

Ginobilly
01-09-2009, 12:24 AM
Could somebody please post a clip of that sweet reverse layup and Dunk. I missed the game, was out with the GF seeing marly and me.

BruceBowenFan
01-09-2009, 12:31 AM
im glad i stayed it was pretty awsome.

m33p0
01-09-2009, 12:34 AM
Looks nasty.

inb4 Manu

except for the qualifier, JAMES WHITE!

SpursFanFirst
01-09-2009, 12:40 AM

The announcers called it "Jordan-esque"

exstatic
01-09-2009, 12:52 AM
Looks nasty.

inb4 Manu

Probably Antonio Daniels in 2001-2002.

Buddy Holly
01-09-2009, 01:05 AM

I'm not sure which game it was, the recent Miami game or the one before it but Bowen got a steal or rebound and was on a fast break with Hill as they were nearing the basket you could see Hill getting ready for the the ally oop but Bowen misread or simply didn't read Hill and tried a bounce pass that hit the defenders foot.

So to answer your question, yes I think Hill can do it.

Behrooz24
01-09-2009, 01:29 AM
No one posted yet? I'm on it

vote for Yi and CP3 while you wait =] (click sig)

Thompson
01-09-2009, 01:37 AM
I watched this one dozens of times last year. Not an alley-oop, but fun to watch. I especially like hearing the crowds' reaction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNc0xIEnSsk

Behrooz24
01-09-2009, 02:07 AM
crap quality though :o
edit: Higher quality now available- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7ns85fx0G4&fmt=18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7ns85fx0G4

V7ns85fx0G4

m33p0
01-09-2009, 02:12 AM
nice! thanks for the upload.

xellos88330
01-09-2009, 02:13 AM
What is that, 4 dunks and counting for George Hill this season???

Chomag
01-09-2009, 02:20 AM

V7ns85fx0G4

Totally awesome! Thanks man!

Manufan909
01-09-2009, 02:25 AM
Very nice. Only fault I can find is they didn't show the slow-mo replay with a different angle for the dunk. All in good time.

bigdog
01-09-2009, 02:44 AM
Here's a nice one...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ya8NNFSPVY

Ah, I was at that game. It was absolutely sweeeet

Blackjack
01-09-2009, 02:46 AM
I'm not sure which game it was, the recent Miami game or the one before it but Bowen got a steal or rebound and was on a fast break with Hill as they were nearing the basket you could see Hill getting ready for the the ally oop but Bowen misread or simply didn't read Hill and tried a bounce pass that hit the defenders foot.

So to answer your question, yes I think Hill can do it.

Yeah, Hill was trying to tell Bowen to put it up by the rim and Bowen looked at him like he was speaking a foreign language.:lol

Hill can definitely throw down an oop. Hell, Tony actually finished off an oop from Manu on the break after the whistle blew a few years back. It didn't count, and it was one-handed rim-scraper, but it was an oop nonetheless.

I'd actually like to see Pop try to use the play where Manu hands the ball off to Tony at the top of the key, runs around a screen or two, and has the ball lobbed towards the basket for the oop or layup for Hill.

I'd do it with Tim though (a little like the high-low from Tim to Tony, after Tony seals his man on his back) and have Hill be the finisher.

You know Tim's capable, with how successful he was at the high-low lob with Dave, but Pop seems to have completely scrapped that play. Granted, they haven't had a plethora of athletes to utilize the high-low lob, but they've had a few people capable.

I remember seeing them bust it out against Seattle in the 05' playoffs with Nazr and thinking that it would become a pretty common or situational kind of play, only to never really see it again. I can't even recall them even trying it with Elson. (which you'd think would be one thing he couldn't screw up too bad:lol) Who knows, maybe Tim just can't bring himself to throw the lob to anyone other than Dave so they retired the play with him.

I guess there's no one like your first.:lol

bigdog
01-09-2009, 02:47 AM
Yeah, Hill was trying to tell Bowen to put it up by the rim and Bowen looked at him like he was speaking a foreign language.:lol

Hill can definitely throw down an oop. Hell, Tony actually finished off an oop from Manu on the break after the whistle blew a few years back. It didn't count, and it was one-handed rim-scraper, but it was an oop nonetheless.

I'd actually like to see Pop try to use the play where Manu hands the ball off to Tony at the top of the key, runs around a screen or two, and has the ball lobbed towards the basket for the oop or layup for Hill.

I'd do it with Tim though (a little like the high-low from Tim to Tony, after Tony seals his man on his back) and have Hill be the finisher.

You know Tim's capable, with how successful he was at the high-low lob with Dave, but Pop seems to have completely scrapped that play. Granted, they haven't had a plethora of athletes to utilize the high-low lob, but they've had a few people capable.

I remember seeing them bust it out against Seattle in the 05' playoffs with Nazr and thinking that it would become a pretty common or situational kind of play, only to never really see it again. I can't even recall them even trying it with Elson. (which you'd think would be one thing he couldn't screw up too bad:lol) Who knows, maybe Tim just can't bring himself to throw the lob to anyone other than Dave so they retired the play with him.

I guess there's no one like your first.:lol

Manu threw one to Elson off a pick and roll. I don't remember who it was against, but it happened, and yes, Elson actually made the dunk. lol

Yorae
01-09-2009, 02:49 AM
How about....doing it with Bonner? No? Ok. Haha.

Donnie Hathaway
01-09-2009, 02:50 AM
Hill got hops!

Blackjack
01-09-2009, 02:57 AM
Manu threw one to Elson off a pick and roll. I don't remember who it was against, but it happened, and yes, Elson actually made the dunk. lol

Yeah, there's been some straight alley-oops, but I was just talking about the high-low lob.:tu

Austin_Toros
01-09-2009, 03:12 AM
I missed the game, was out with the GF seeing marly and me.

For shame!

Austin_Toros
01-09-2009, 03:13 AM
Nazr and Elson both attempted to be 'dunkers'

all i can do about that comment is :lol

YHell, Tony actually finished off an oop from Manu on the break after the whistle blew a few years back. It didn't count, and it was one-handed rim-scraper, but it was an oop nonetheless.

no way! go Tony!

timtonymanu
01-09-2009, 03:31 AM
WOW! Hill fuckin rocks.

Brutalis
01-09-2009, 03:35 AM
Man I am soooo loving this kid. I already got his autographed rookie card.

phyzik
01-09-2009, 03:50 AM

+1

That was Jordanesque. Cutting right before the base-line and doing a windmill reverse lay-up WAY up on the glass was fucking sick!

The dunk was pretty swet through.

twincam
01-09-2009, 04:37 AM
Ever since the season started, I have not been able to watch a game. I'm currently deployed in Afghanistan and just don't have the luxary to watch much here when it comes to the Spurs. I've been reading up on Hill and Mason. I understand Mason is a beast on the long range. I can't wait to get home. Actually I've got about 7 months 20 plus day remaining here. I'm on a one year tour. No, I'm not Army...I'm Air Force filling in an Army tasking. Join the Air Force to do Army work....oh well. Anyhow, I do visit this site just about everyday to get the latest on the Spurs' status. Go Spurs Go.
You've got one true Spurs fan in the war zone. I've even got my Spurs blanket to accompany me.

v/r

TSgt "V"

duncan228
01-09-2009, 04:41 AM
You've got one true Spurs fan in the war zone.

And you have an Army of SpursTalkers supporting you. Thanks for what you're doing.

m33p0
01-09-2009, 04:51 AM
Ever since the season started, I have not been able to watch a game. I'm currently deployed in Afghanistan and just don't have the luxary to watch much here when it comes to the Spurs. I've been reading up on Hill and Mason. I understand Mason is a beast on the long range. I can't wait to get home. Actually I've got about 7 months 20 plus day remaining here. I'm on a one year tour. No, I'm not Army...I'm Air Force filling in an Army tasking. Join the Air Force to do Army work....oh well. Anyhow, I do visit this site just about everyday to get the latest on the Spurs' status. Go Spurs Go.
You've got one true Spurs fan in the war zone. I've even got my Spurs blanket to accompany me.

v/r

TSgt "V"
army jokes seems appropriate right about now. too bad i don't know any. :lol
be safe!

Manufan909
01-09-2009, 04:51 AM
And you have an Army of SpursTalkers supporting you. Thanks for what you're doing.

+1

benefactor
01-09-2009, 06:35 AM
Man, I missed that reverse layup. I was flipping back and forth from the championship game to the Spurs game so it must have happened when I was on the other channel. Thanks for the upload. :tu

amy020
01-09-2009, 07:56 AM
Hill is really a talent young guy with great potential. What a fantastic move!Just keep being confident and make some good play. What a wonderful pick by the Spurs organization.:rollin

mrspurs
01-09-2009, 08:00 AM
It wasnt pretty decent. It got the crowd going crazy. When I heard the crowd I thought something serious had happened. Like a fight in the stands. hahaha. When I seen the replay, I thought I was in LA or NO. hahaha. We just dont get to see those types of moves much in the AT&T. Not from our boys anyways. It was a Great Dunk. I grew up always thinking the dunk was nothing much. I always said Id rather see a pure shooter make shots. But gosh dang I wasnt expecting everyone on our roster to be pure shooters. I must admit, having a player or players who can smash that rock, makes the game more fun to watch.

Fingaroll44
01-09-2009, 09:25 AM
The steal that was made to get the dunk was almost as exciting

Tlegacy7
01-09-2009, 10:10 AM

v/r

TSgt "V"

God bless you sir and may you be safe. Thanks so much for what you are doing for our country.

Have you guys decided on what George Hill nickname will be? Someone on hear was calling him "The Future". I like that one:king

MoSpur
01-09-2009, 10:11 AM
That reverse layup was sick.

m33p0
01-09-2009, 10:21 AM
God bless you sir and may you be safe. Thanks so much for what you are doing for our country.

Have you guys decided on what George Hill nickname will be? Someone on hear was calling him "The Future". I like that one:king
George "Shifty" Hill (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110894&highlight=george+%22SHIFTY%22+hill) :hat

ORION
01-09-2009, 10:34 AM
I was impressed and that says a lot

m33p0
01-09-2009, 10:35 AM
I was impressed and that says a lotyou played like shit today.

ORION
01-09-2009, 10:43 AM
you played like shit today.

no dude. I'm not him. I'm superman

MarHill
01-09-2009, 10:47 AM
+1

v/r

TSgt "V"

Thank you for what your doing and your service to our country! My wife is in the military as well and I'm honored for what she has done and all of you!!

God Bless!!

Raoul Duke
01-09-2009, 11:10 AM

:lmao

Kent_in_Atlanta
01-09-2009, 11:40 AM
edit: Higher quality now available- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7ns85fx0G4&fmt=18

V7ns85fx0G4

DAMN... this kid's got a chance to be something special.

Manufan909
01-09-2009, 02:09 PM
DAMN... this kid's got a chance to be something special.

Indeed. I loved how he jogged off after the layup went in like it was nothing special. It's awesome how the Spurs have 3 slashers now.

Kent_in_Atlanta
01-09-2009, 02:48 PM
QUOTE OF THE DAY:

"Oops"

- At least 20 of the 25 teams that passed on George Hill in the draft.

Yuixafun
01-09-2009, 03:11 PM
Back when the Spurs had Derek Anderson and and AD they used to dunk some.

Pretty finish by Hill on the reverse layup, and also great timing on the pass by Vaughn to give Hill some space to operate.

Spurs Brazil
01-09-2009, 04:06 PM
Thanks for the video

Very good

ceperez
01-09-2009, 05:24 PM
Back when the Spurs had Derek Anderson and and AD they used to dunk some.

Pretty finish by Hill on the reverse layup, and also great timing on the pass by Vaughn to give Hill some space to operate.

That was a bad pass! He was one on one and he passed it to a guy who was covered by two players. If he had any talent himself, he would have taken it to the rim himself.

Fortunately, Hill had the talent to avoid to players with a windmill reverse layup.

Gino2882
01-09-2009, 06:11 PM
The dunk was nothing spectacular. However, that reverse was off the charts. Very impressive.

tp2021
01-09-2009, 06:56 PM
That was a bad pass! He was one on one and he passed it to a guy who was covered by two players. If he had any talent himself, he would have taken it to the rim himself.

Fortunately, Hill had the talent to avoid to players with a windmill reverse layup.

BS. There was one defender in front of both of them, and another sprinting to catch up with both of them. If anything, JV didn't enter the paint enough from the right side to spread the defender out more, but point being he wasn't open, and Hill wasn't guarded by 2 people. The defender just did a good job of not choosing too soon.

mojorizen7
01-09-2009, 07:06 PM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/013X8k5gRQbNf/340x.jpg
:p:

tp2021
01-09-2009, 07:10 PM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/013X8k5gRQbNf/340x.jpg

dFzlqns0y78

mojorizen7
01-09-2009, 07:13 PM
dFzlqns0y78

Yep, you heard it right.....merry x-mas San Antonio.
:bang

koriwhat
01-09-2009, 08:31 PM
GH3, "The Real Deal", "The Real #1 Pick of '09"

milkyway21
01-09-2009, 09:36 PM

right! :tu

Taking it to the Hole
01-09-2009, 10:20 PM
George Hill is just starting to get warmed up. The more freedom Pop gives him, I think it is going to be beneficial for him to blossom more. He obviously has more athleticism than people give him credit for. It is time to start utilizing that athleticism. Notice how he got those plays when he wasn't playing the point. I think having TP or even Vaughn out there is preferable because I think Hill plays much better off the ball. Put him at the 2 and let him slash and create. Or set him up on back screens where he can get to the basket. I am pumped because this guy can be a difference maker in our rotations off the bench! I wish we would have kept another guy with hops like Gist or even Hairston would fill that role as well so they can play together.