PDA

View Full Version : Official I hate the Atlanta Braves thread

chode_regulator
01-08-2009, 11:46 PM
How the fuck do you let Smoltz go to the fucking red sox? How the fuck do you not offer Smoltz more than 2 mil/year?

I used to think that Carl Peterson, recently fired GM of the Chiefs was teh worst GM in all of sports. Now it's officially Frank Wren. And not just for this latest debacle.

ClingingMars
01-10-2009, 04:16 PM
i hate the braves. see 1991 - 2005, NL East

-Mars

djohn14
01-10-2009, 08:15 PM
I love the Braves...but this is a dick move. John Smoltz has been here through it all. He is a true Brave like Chipper. When times where tough....he didnt run away like Andruw, Furcal, Glavine, and Maddux. I hate this, but hey...at least he isnt a Yankee. They did sign Kenshin Kawakami today, one of Japans better pitchers, and I have reports stating that they are close to signing Derek Lowe.

sribb43
01-10-2009, 09:05 PM
i hate the braves. see 1991 - 2005, NL East

-Mars

I wish the Rangers made it to the playoffs 15 years in a row:(

AFBlue
01-10-2009, 10:47 PM
I don't think I've spoken with a single person in the middle GA area that likes the move. On the local ESPN radio affiliate the afternoon host was livid...spent his entire show railing on Wren and the Braves FO.

My thoughts on it are that the Braves were probably smart not to offer too much guaranteed money for a 42yr old pitcher coming off surgery. I understand how the move looks bad, mostly because Smoltz is a Braves icon and because the organization had failed (thus far) to bring in any pitching talent to make his departure sting a little less.

If djohn14 is right about Lowe, I'd say some in the area will ultimately be more forgiving...but at this point there are a bunch of pissed off Georgians.

djohn14
01-10-2009, 11:07 PM
I don't think I've spoken with a single person in the middle GA area that likes the move. On the local ESPN radio affiliate the afternoon host was livid...spent his entire show railing on Wren and the Braves FO.

My thoughts on it are that the Braves were probably smart not to offer too much guaranteed money for a 42yr old pitcher coming off surgery. I understand how the move looks bad, mostly because Smoltz is a Braves icon and because the organization had failed (thus far) to bring in any pitching talent to make his departure sting a little less.

If djohn14 is right about Lowe, I'd say some in the area will ultimately be more forgiving...but at this point there are a bunch of pissed off Georgians.
I know...its so sad to say goodbye to an icon like that. Im not saying Lowe will be a Brave...but an offer WILL COME Monday or Tuesday. They met him and spoke with him and they both really enjoyed it. They have said they will offer more than the Mets, which is the current highest bidder, and him and Chipper Jones are friends...so that dosent hurt.

Girasuck
01-11-2009, 09:44 AM
but at this point there are a bunch of pissed off Georgians.

Not just Georgians, but all Braves fans. I've been a Braves fan since the early 80's and I've never been more upset with the franchise as I am right now. John Smoltz is my all-time favorite Brave so this one stings quite a bit.

djohn14
01-11-2009, 10:30 AM
Not just Georgians, but all Braves fans. I've been a Braves fan since the early 80's and I've never been more upset with the franchise as I am right now. John Smoltz is my all-time favorite Brave so this one stings quite a bit.

Chipper is my favorite (Smoltz is a close second) but it kinda gets me wondering. If they are out of it come June/July....are they going to ship Chipper?

BRHornet45
01-11-2009, 07:33 PM
just pathetic on the Braves part. f'n cheapskates

chode_regulator
01-26-2009, 01:30 PM
Chipper is my favorite (Smoltz is a close second) but it kinda gets me wondering. If they are out of it come June/July....are they going to ship Chipper?

im honestly surprised they havent. im surprised bobby is still the skipper too.
i cant believe this organization has fallen this far so quickly, in more ways thanjust losing.

just pathetic on the Braves part. f'n cheapskates

its like they believe they can just get good players/keep their good players without spending money. or theyre trying to pull a cleveland indians theme from major league. :bang

Dr. Gonzo
01-26-2009, 01:50 PM
I don't like the Braves at all. But my girlfriend loves them. She has Braves shit up our closet. It makes for a interesting baseball season.

ATRAIN
01-26-2009, 02:06 PM
I don't like the Braves at all. But my girlfriend loves them. She has Braves shit up our closet. It makes for a interesting baseball season.

LMAO yeah 2 of my good friends are Braves fans because of TBS. They always talk shit about my stros.....which I dont really see why. Its just like Ranger fans talking shit about the Astros. Its pretty damn retarted.

Dr. Gonzo
01-26-2009, 02:32 PM
Braves and Astros are to NL teams that have played each other several times in the playoffs. I can understand that shit talking.

ATRAIN
01-26-2009, 02:37 PM
Braves and Astros are to NL teams that have played each other several times in the playoffs. I can understand that shit talking.

Yeah with the Braves coming on top 99% of the time. We are post season rivals I guess but it isnt hated. I understand what your saying but I still wouldnt call it a "rivalry".

ClingingMars
01-26-2009, 03:22 PM
i fucking hate the fucking Braves fuck 'em

Signed,

all Mets fans

chode_regulator
01-26-2009, 08:38 PM

always sucked for me bc i am both a stros fan and braves fan. never knew who to root for. usually ended upbeing braves. now it will be the other way around.

btw the braves being on TBS forever was awesome. at the time that was why i was sad turner soldthe team. now im even more sad

djohn14
01-27-2009, 11:48 AM
always sucked for me bc i am both a stros fan and braves fan. never knew who to root for. usually ended upbeing braves. now it will be the other way around.

btw the braves being on TBS forever was awesome. at the time that was why i was sad turner soldthe team. now im even more sad

Tell me about it. I grew up an Astros and Braves fan. I always going to Houston in the Summer to see my aunt, and we attended damn near every game. She was real good freinds with Doug Drebek. He was one of my favs. He was a real nice guy, and I loved being around him. I also loved being around Bagwell, and Biggio.

chode_regulator
01-28-2009, 05:04 PM
bison burgers = good

where are you laying your head chode regulator?

webster