PDA

View Full Version : Next week's game Vs the Lakers is a must win..

The_Game
01-09-2009, 03:57 AM
If there was ever one in the regular season

L.A face the Rockets in Houston the night before while the Spurs will be rested. God if the Spurs fail to win this one with all the Lakers injury problems and it being a back to back for the Lakers it will be hard to see how this Spurs team has much of a chance to beat them down the line without making a trade.

xellos88330
01-09-2009, 04:03 AM
I don't know about this game being a must win. A measuring stick is a more proper term for this type of game. Must win games are in the playoffs.

Druggie
01-09-2009, 04:09 AM
If you want, I can dose the Lakers catering with LSD so they're all tripped out during the game. But beware, there was that one baseball pitcher in the 70's that pitched a complete game shutout while on LSD. So it could make Kobe go off for 100.

m33p0
01-09-2009, 04:58 AM
must win? in the middle of the regular season? are the spurs automatically eliminated from the playoff if they lose?

you're trippin.

LINK (http://www.youfail.org/)

anakha
01-09-2009, 05:07 AM
Whatever you say, Laker fan.

mrspurs
01-09-2009, 08:11 AM
When Pop plays against Phil. Its always a must win. No matter whos on the court. 2 best coaches this league has seen in many many years will not allow their teams to play poorly. Timmy has been playing lights out this year. But so has Gasol. Imo, it will be interior defense that wins this game. Hitting at least 8 3's will also be a must for the Spurs. And we cannot give up all those offensive rebounds like we did against the other LA team. We wont have a good chance of winning if we let the Lakers get 11 offensive rebounds.

exstatic
01-09-2009, 08:14 AM
Don't confuse "I really want this" with "the Spurs must win".

There are no must win games in January.

Brazil
01-09-2009, 08:21 AM
Nope, normally he has the same value for the counter than the game against the Clippers. Now the fans and the team want win it for sure, a W vs. the lakers has a better taste than the W vs. Clippers.

Toni61
01-09-2009, 08:26 AM
It is not a must win game but its importent for us to kick the Lakers in the Ass.

:flag: :flag: :flag:

ForeignFan
01-09-2009, 09:07 AM
time for Bruce to deliver a "special Bowen" for his friend Kobe. It would be fun if he could outsocre KB like he did a few year ago, though that seems farfetched now ...

MannyIsGod
01-09-2009, 09:19 AM
No, its not.

Rockhound
01-09-2009, 09:25 AM
We can't be championship ninjas if we take 1st place =[

dbestpro
01-09-2009, 09:29 AM
We might lose this game and it will be no big deal. Look for the Spurs to get off to a slow start and watch Pop sit his starters for 2 quarters or more. It will be a message to the team and it will prevent LA from having to confidence of beating us in full force. It is the kind of mind game that Pop will do. In the end he will be more focused about winning the Magic game.

EricB
01-09-2009, 09:29 AM

Spot on, as always :tu

m33p0
01-09-2009, 09:30 AM
time for Bruce to deliver a "special Bowen" for his friend Kobe. It would be fun if he could outsocre KB like he did a few year ago, though that seems farfetched now ...
just last season. it was the "brokeback" game. that was a real gem by phil. :lol

gingerwave
01-09-2009, 09:39 AM

I'm with ya ex. season is to long for a must win in Jan. big Want to win most def! http://k08j1016jkra118.imageshacknow.info/img/1932/k09g0108mtjs/flag.gif

benefactor
01-09-2009, 09:41 AM

in2deep
01-09-2009, 10:17 AM
Spurs are usually bad at winning regular season "must win" games. I would not be surprised if they did. doesn't prove anything

JWest596
01-09-2009, 10:29 AM
Two words:

Lakers suck.

MarHill
01-09-2009, 10:39 AM

Yep, I agree!!

To early in the season for that!!

:flag:

Solid D
01-09-2009, 10:49 AM
Next week's game Vs the Lakers is a must win..

:lmao The_Game, you posted this (below) yesterday. Conflicted much?

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3012863&postcount=12

no point in focusing on the lakers

we are clearly not going to get close to them for the best record...might as well just expect 2nd seed.

MarHill
01-09-2009, 10:52 AM
You guys dont sound too confident in here. Sound like a bunch of fearful pussies if you ask me. The Lakers are the ones with injuries, this should be an easy game for the Great Spurs... especially since the Great Manu is healthy...lol

Were confident, Lakaluva!!

It's only Jan 14th......a good regular season game but not a "must-win" game.

The Spurs are on a championship level and there is no statement that needs to be made. This isn't Dallas or Phoenix or New Orleans who still trying to prove themselves.

The Spurs have proven themselves and I would prefer a WCF playoff series over the Lakers than any regular season wins.

:flag:

Rummpd
01-09-2009, 11:02 AM
Not a must win, nothing in the regular season is unless it is down to the end to get in the playoffs. 3-4 time championship teams (depending on key player) do not get fazed by anything in the regular season.

The_Game
01-09-2009, 11:02 AM
:lmao The_Game, you posted this (below) yesterday. Conflicted much?

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3012863&postcount=12

What did I say that was wrong? the Lakers are younger and are deeper they are going to have a better regular season record. The Spurs are built for the playoffs not getting 60 wins in the regular season anymore. Spurs are already quite a distance away from the Lakers already there is no point going all out to get a better record when it simply won't happen.

m33p0
01-09-2009, 11:04 AM
You guys dont sound too confident in here. Sound like a bunch of fearful pussies if you ask me. The Lakers are the ones with injuries, this should be an easy game for the Great Spurs... especially since the Great Manu is healthy...lol
your attempt at bravado fails to impress.

hater
01-09-2009, 11:07 AM

you forgot that Kobe is also only in third gear and the Machine is running in Safe Mode :lol

tonylongoriafan
01-09-2009, 11:10 AM
disagree...we'll probably lose

z0sa
01-09-2009, 11:16 AM
What did I say that was wrong? the Lakers are younger and are deeper they are going to have a better regular season record. The Spurs are built for the playoffs not getting 60 wins in the regular season anymore. Spurs are already quite a distance away from the Lakers already there is no point going all out to get a better record when it simply won't happen.

That whole 4.5 games is just INSURMOUNTABLE :cry

Solid D
01-09-2009, 11:28 AM

Because you went from don't focus on them....to....they must focus on them next week (focus/win). The Spurs have to focus on every game. They aren't so good that they can lose focus from one game to the next. As far as long-term focus goes, the Spurs never focus on a team. They focus on themselves, growing as a team, and building toward a championship. If the Lakers are in the way, they will deal with them on a game-by-game basis, just like any other team.

EricB
01-09-2009, 11:29 AM

:lol

anakha
01-09-2009, 11:46 AM

Whatever you say, Laker fan.

sa_butta
01-09-2009, 12:38 PM
Every game is a must win. As tight as the West has been every game counts, and could decide the division. This is more a measure to see where we are and how much work we have to do till the playoffs.

Supreme_Being
01-09-2009, 12:53 PM
Spam.

Warlord23
01-09-2009, 01:01 PM

L.A face the Rockets in Houston the night before while the Spurs will be rested. God if the Spurs fail to win this one with all the Lakers injury problems and it being a back to back for the Lakers it will be hard to see how this Spurs team has much of a chance to beat them down the line without making a trade.

hi laker troll

DrHouse
01-09-2009, 01:45 PM

The only really must win game thus far was for the Lakers to beat the Celtics on X-mas day. And that was purely to help dissipate the psychological stigma that LAL couldn't beat BOS.

SenorSpur
01-09-2009, 01:54 PM
As Troy Aikman likes to say, good teams ARE EXPECTED to win home games versus their rivals. Therefore, I expect the Spurs to come out focused and committed, with a recollection of what happened to them in last year's playoffs. Now this game wont mean much come playoff time. However it could factor into HCA. I expect the Spurs to win it.

HarlemHeat37
01-09-2009, 02:30 PM
it's certainly not a must-win, but you would be crazy to believe that this isn't an important game..it's a statement game..the Lakers and their fans know that if there's 1 team that they shouldn't count out, it's the Spurs..we know that if there's 1 team that we have to try and measure up to, it's the Lakers..

I wouldn't say it'll be a game for confidence for either team..they just beat us in a series, we're a veteran team that doesn't get shook..but there's no doubt that our guys will want to make a statement, particularly Manu, who was injured in last year's series..

obviously we should expect Kobe to come out with his A-game, since he loves games like these..

it's not a must-win..if they beat us, it's not the end of the world..if we beat them, it doesn't mean we're going to beat them in the playoffs..it's still an important game though, just like it is any time when the 1 and 2 seeds face off, especially when it's a rematch from the WCF..

Allanon
01-09-2009, 02:35 PM
I get tired of the "it's just another game" thing or "It's 1 game out of 82", I agree that it's a "MUST WIN".

Neither team has met the other yet so there is no mental edge either way. Everybody says the Lakers are coming out of the West. Everybody says remember, this is an odd year.

So neither team is getting counted out...until they meet. The loser goes on to start tweeking their roster. The winner goes on with the bravado needed to continue dominating.

Just look at the Christmas day game Lakers vs Celtics where it was "just another game"....it's been a tale of two teams since then. Celtics have gone on to lose 6 out of 8? Lakers lost 1 game when Odom went down. The psychological effect on the team counts for alot more than 1 game. If the Lakers had lost that game, there would be ALOT of Lamar trade rumors.

Teams like the Lakers and Spurs are Championship are bust, you don't sit pat and think everything is "fine" when you lose badly to the other contender in your conference.

If the Spurs win, it might send the Lakers into trading mode. If the Spurs lose badly, it might motivate the Spurs to trade a key player for something else they might need to stack up better.

The trade deadline is only a month away, it's these "must win" regular season games that may determine if your favorite player is still on your team after February 15th.

Rockhound
01-09-2009, 04:01 PM
I get tired of the "it's just another game" thing or "It's 1 game out of 82", I agree that it's a "MUST WIN".

Neither team has met the other yet so there is no mental edge either way. Everybody says the Lakers are coming out of the West. Everybody says remember, this is an odd year.

So neither team is getting counted out...until they meet. The loser goes on to start tweeking their roster. The winner goes on with the bravado needed to continue dominating.

Just look at the Christmas day game Lakers vs Celtics where it was "just another game"....it's been a tale of two teams since then. Celtics have gone on to lose 6 out of 8? Lakers lost 1 game when Odom went down. The psychological effect on the team counts for alot more than 1 game. If the Lakers had lost that game, there would be ALOT of Lamar trade rumors.

Teams like the Lakers and Spurs are Championship are bust, you don't sit pat and think everything is "fine" when you lose badly to the other contender in your conference.

I agree man; good post.

ClingingMars
01-09-2009, 04:10 PM

If the Spurs win, it might send the Lakers into trading mode. If the Spurs lose badly, it might motivate the Spurs to trade a key player for something else they might need to stack up better.

The trade deadline is only a month away, it's these "must win" regular season games that may determine if your favorite player is still on your team after February 15th.

The Spurs won't overreact after 1 loss. You can count on that. We're not the Suns (see Marion trade).

Again, there is no such thing as a "must win" in the regular season. Nope. Never. Unless it means the difference between getting into the playoffs or not.

Also, LOL @ The_Game with yet another "must win" thread. gj.

-Mars

BlackBellamy
01-09-2009, 05:23 PM

Ha! We should just tank the season. Rabble rabble rabble rabble.

NRHector
01-09-2009, 05:25 PM
the spurs will do to the lakers what lakers did to the celtics on dec 25th, shut them up once and for all, I can feel it:flag:

Spursone
01-09-2009, 05:26 PM
:lobt2:I don't think it's a must win, but being that the Spurs have been playing several not so great teams lately it certainly would get peoples attention with a win........................ You know those Old, Boring, small market Spurs!

angelbelow
01-09-2009, 05:27 PM
i think this is certainly a must win.

DrHouse
01-09-2009, 05:28 PM
It's really not a statement game at all for either team. If the Spurs lose I doubt Pop is going to put much stock into it. If the Lakers win I doubt Phil is going to care much.

The Lakers passed their test after defeating BOS. Not saying this game isn't important, but it doesn't have anywhere near the importance that the X-mas game had.

NRHector
01-09-2009, 05:37 PM
It's really not a statement game at all for either team. If the Spurs lose I doubt Pop is going to put much stock into it. If the Lakers win I doubt Phil is going to care much.

The Lakers passed their test after defeating BOS. Not saying this game isn't important, but it doesn't have anywhere near the importance that the X-mas game had.if the spurs win how much of importance is for you? if the spurs win, will they pass the test?:flag:

Yorae
01-09-2009, 08:26 PM
I think it's 'a expected to win' game because of the lakers injuries and b2b. but i think that's bs.

mystargtr34
01-09-2009, 08:36 PM

The only really must win game thus far was for the Lakers to beat the Celtics on X-mas day. And that was purely to help dissipate the psychological stigma that LAL couldn't beat BOS.

The Lakers beat Boston twice in the Finals at home like they did on Christmas. Boston proved they were better by whooping that ass once in Staples and a couple of hidings at the Garden.

The Lakers didnt do much at all to dispell the notiont that the Celtics were, and still are the better team.

DazedAndConfused
01-09-2009, 08:43 PM
The Lakers beat Boston twice in the Finals at home like they did on Christmas. Boston proved they were better by whooping that ass once in Staples and a couple of hidings at the Garden.

The Lakers didnt do much at all to dispell the notiont that the Celtics were, and still are the better team.

I won't address the wild inaccuracies in your post, but the memories of Game 6 were still very much in the minds of the Lakers. They had been looking forward to the X-mas game for nearly 6 months. Trust me, it definitely meant a lot for them to win that game. It didn't mean as much for the Celtics and it shouldn't, they beat LAL last season already. They didn't need to prove anything.

That's why this upcoming game doesn't mean much for LAL. They already beat the Spurs 4-1 last season. Win or lose, they know they can beat the Spurs when it counts. That won't be shattered after a b2b road loss with 3 rotation players out.

mystargtr34
01-09-2009, 09:16 PM
I won't address the wild inaccuracies in your post, but the memories of Game 6 were still very much in the minds of the Lakers. They had been looking forward to the X-mas game for nearly 6 months. Trust me, it definitely meant a lot for them to win that game. It didn't mean as much for the Celtics and it shouldn't, they beat LAL last season already. They didn't need to prove anything.

That's why this upcoming game doesn't mean much for LAL. They already beat the Spurs 4-1 last season. Win or lose, they know they can beat the Spurs when it counts. That won't be shattered after a b2b road loss with 3 rotation players out.

Boston knows they can beat LA when it counts, so who cares about the Christmas game?

The ass whooping Boston gave to LA was bigger than the ass kicking the Lakers gave to the Spurs, desipte it being 4-2 as opposed to 4-1. The Lakers were clearly better than the Spurs in the Conference Finals but in three of the Lakers four wins - each came down to the final 3-4 minutes. The difference between the teams was down the stretch. Lakers were far more clutch and executed better down the stretch - in fact the Spurs were pretty poor late in games. You know why that is dont you? That shouldnt be as big of a problem with a certain healthy guy.

Ans luckily for the Spurs it looks like the great Sasha Vujacic has lost a step from his Pippenesque defensive performance in the Conference Finals last year.

Meanwhile that hiding the Celtics delivered was one of epic and historical proportions. You dont live that shit down easily.

DazedAndConfused
01-09-2009, 10:33 PM
Boston knows they can beat LA when it counts, so who cares about the Christmas game?

The ass whooping Boston gave to LA was bigger than the ass kicking the Lakers gave to the Spurs, desipte it being 4-2 as opposed to 4-1. The Lakers were clearly better than the Spurs in the Conference Finals but in three of the Lakers four wins - each came down to the final 3-4 minutes. The difference between the teams was down the stretch. Lakers were far more clutch and executed better down the stretch - in fact the Spurs were pretty poor late in games. You know why that is dont you? That shouldnt be as big of a problem with a certain healthy guy.

Ans luckily for the Spurs it looks like the great Sasha Vujacic has lost a step from his Pippenesque defensive performance in the Conference Finals last year.

Meanwhile that hiding the Celtics delivered was one of epic and historical proportions. You dont live that shit down easily.

Can you read? I said the Laker game mattered way more the Lakers than it did the Celtics. The same way this upcoming game will matter more to the Spurs than the Lakers.

The Lakers already have the best record in the WC. They aren't using the Spurs as some kind of measuring stick to see how good they are.

daslicer
01-09-2009, 10:37 PM
I hope the spurs win so we don't have people on ST committing suicide over this game. Plus it would be nice to get atleast 2-3 weeks of temporary troll relief from then stupid ass lakerfans who post here.

Solid D
01-10-2009, 12:35 AM

This is bogus propagada you've been fed or you're feeding some unsuspecting soul. This isn't game 7 of the playoffs. Two seasons ago, the Lakers beat the Spurs the first two times they played and then lost the third to the Spurs in OT, yet the Spurs won the Championship. Was that first game in 2006-07 a "must win" game"? Of course not. The Lakers never even faced the Spurs in the playoffs. Sometimes games can be measuring sticks to see how much growth and improvement is necessary. History may prove out that a loss is needed for growth to occur in some teams. Then why not call this game a "MUST LOSE" game?

The Spurs need to take care of Orlando first, and they will need to play nearly perfect to beat them with the way the Magic are playing. The Lakers @ Spurs contest is for the advance scouts to focus on prior to Monday.

Allanon
01-10-2009, 02:58 AM
This is bogus propagada you've been fed or you're feeding some unsuspecting soul. This isn't game 7 of the playoffs. Two seasons ago, the Lakers beat the Spurs the first two times they played and then lost the third to the Spurs in OT, yet the Spurs won the Championship. Was that first game in 2006-07 a "must win" game"? Of course not. The Lakers never even faced the Spurs in the playoffs. Sometimes games can be measuring sticks to see how much growth and improvement is necessary. History may prove out that a loss is needed for growth to occur in some teams. Then why not call this game a "MUST LOSE" game?

The Spurs need to take care of Orlando first, and they will need to play nearly perfect to beat them with the way the Magic are playing. The Lakers @ Spurs contest is for the advance scouts to focus on prior to Monday.

I disagree, I believe you don't understand the importance of these "Must win" games.

I can guarantee you the Celtics will be making a move prior to the trade deadline. Prior to losing to the Lakers on Christmas, there was no such talk.

Same goes for the Spurs or the Lakers, if either team gets blown out/loses badly in that game, they will make a trade/sign a player and the other will stand pat.

We'll know who is right by February 19th because I know neither team is playing for 2nd place.

m33p0
01-10-2009, 04:45 AM
I disagree, I believe you don't understand the importance of these "Must win" games.

I can guarantee you the Celtics will be making a move prior to the trade deadline. Prior to losing to the Lakers on Christmas, there was no such talk.

Same goes for the Spurs or the Lakers, if either team gets blown out/loses badly in that game, they will make a trade/sign a player and the other will stand pat.

We'll know who is right by February 19th because I know neither team is playing for 2nd place.
that would be an overreaction even if its a blowout. the outcome of that game will only add tallies on the standing and give each coaching staff a look at their possible playoff opponents.

phyzik
01-10-2009, 04:52 AM
Spurs win. Book it.

smeagol
01-10-2009, 05:31 AM
Because you went from don't focus on them....to....they must focus on them next week (focus/win). The Spurs have to focus on every game. They aren't so good that they can lose focus from one game to the next. As far as long-term focus goes, the Spurs never focus on a team. They focus on themselves, growing as a team, and building toward a championship. If the Lakers are in the way, they will deal with them on a game-by-game basis, just like any other team.

Too much focus for just one paragraph :lol

phyzik
01-10-2009, 05:39 AM
Lets put it out there. Its a big game, certainly, but its not a "must win" for either team. Its a measuring stick.

I know "laker fan" wants to make this a big deal so I will make a bet.

If the Lakers win, you can change my title to whatever you want and I will keep it until after we meet in the playoffs (or if we get knocked out before we meet), win or lose. Im taking on all comers so you can all decide amongst yourselves what you want it to say.

If Spurs win I want all the Laker fans in this post who take my bet to have thier title changed to whatever I, and the rest of Spurstalk, want it to be changed to, you will wear it until the next regular season meeting weather Lakers win or lose.

Remeber the difference, I have to keep it until we face off in the playoffs or Spurs get eliminated, you only have to keep it until our next regular season meeting.

You can complain all you want about the fairness of 1 against many Laker fan but the fact is your on a SPURS message board. Do you have the guts to call me out?

Spurs will WIN!

Kori, Mark this down please....

m33p0
01-10-2009, 05:47 AM
Lets put it out there. Its a big game, certainly, but its not a "must win" for either team. Its a measuring stick.

If the Lakers win, you can change my title to whatever you want and I will keep it until after we meet in the playoffs (or if we get knocked out before we meet), win or lose. Im taking on all comers so you can all decide amongst yourselves what you want it to say.

If Spurs win I want all the Laker fans in this post who take my bet to have thier title changed to whatever I, and the rest of Spurstalk, want it to be changed to, you will wear it until the next regular season game between Spurs and Lakers.

Remeber the difference, I have to keep it until we face off in the playoffs or Spurs get eliminated, you only have to keep it until our next regular season meeting.

You can complain all you want about the fairness of 1 against many Laker fan but the fact is your on a SPURS message board. Do you have the guts to call me out?

Spurs will WIN!

balls of brass. :tu

tmtcsc
01-10-2009, 10:06 AM
YES !!! We MUST win or the league will make the Spurs play the remaing games on the schedule. Pffft.

NO game in the regular season is a must win. The season is filled with ups and downs, with winning streaks and set backs. This game should be a great game for the Spurs to see where they are at right now. Since the Lakers represented the West in the finals last year, we can see how our new guys and new rotation players fit in with match-ups.

If we win, no big deal. Its going to be a nice regular season win. If we lose, no big deal. We can see where we need to improve.

Orlando will be a great game to see how we compete against a very good team on the road.

djohn2oo8
01-10-2009, 12:46 PM
Hopefully the Rockets destroy them at home since they play NO defense, and then it's the Spurs turn to feast on em'.

MarHill
01-10-2009, 12:48 PM
YES !!! We MUST win or the league will make the Spurs play the remaing games on the schedule. Pffft.

NO game in the regular season is a must win. The season is filled with ups and downs, with winning streaks and set backs. This game should be a great game for the Spurs to see where they are at right now. Since the Lakers represented the West in the finals last year, we can see how our new guys and new rotation players fit in with match-ups.

If we win, no big deal. Its going to be a nice regular season win. If we lose, no big deal. We can see where we need to improve.

Orlando will be a great game to see how we compete against a very good team on the road.

+1

weebo
01-10-2009, 01:00 PM
Every game is a must win...that's why the play the game. It's called competition.

Solid D
01-10-2009, 02:56 PM

No, actually I disagree with you on the definition of a "Must Win" game. This January game is not a game 7 nor is it the last game of the season to decide whether a team makes the playoffs or not. That is how I define a "Must Win" game. What you describe as a "Must Win", appears to be more of a "measuring stick" game. Adjustments, other than in-game adjustments, should be made before "Must Win" games.

samikeyp
01-10-2009, 03:01 PM
measuring stick yes, must win, no.

No such thing in January.

TheMadHatter
01-10-2009, 03:11 PM
measuring stick yes, must win, no.

No such thing in January.

this.

ClingingMars
01-10-2009, 03:12 PM

The Lakers passed their test after defeating BOS. Not saying this game isn't important, but it doesn't have anywhere near the importance that the X-mas game had.

+1

Spork KIller
01-10-2009, 03:29 PM

Pathetic mother fuckers, even being a b2b for the Lakers your sorry ass team will still lose to them!!!

Your team is overrated and suck, you have been feasting on equally lowly teams.

YOU WILL BE EXPOSED ONCE AGAIN.

BUNCH OF PHONIES!!

Spork KIller
01-10-2009, 03:31 PM
And here we come, already these pathetic homers making excuses "Not a must win in January" blah blah blah...

Face it bitches you SUCK!

50 cent
01-10-2009, 03:49 PM
There are no must wins in January PERIOD.

anakha
01-10-2009, 04:20 PM
And here we come, already these pathetic homers making excuses "Not a must win in January" blah blah blah...

Face it bitches you SUCK!

How are things in Rocketland, Louis?

Allanon
01-10-2009, 06:37 PM

If Spurs win I want all the Laker fans in this post who take my bet to have thier title changed to whatever I, and the rest of Spurstalk, want it to be changed to, you will wear it until the next regular season meeting weather Lakers win or lose.

Spurs will WIN!

Lakers will be on the 2nd night of a B2B after visiting the Rockets and the game is in San Antonio, Lamar might still be out with Luke and Farmar ...........

Alright Spur fan, I'll take the bet with 1 change...not the title but either Avatar or signature. Changing the title is a pain, the other two we can do ourselves.

And since you're rooting for the Spurs, I'll even up the bet a little, you only have to keep the sig or avatar until the next Spur/Laker meeting.

Also, if anybody thinks this isn't a "must win", I'll make the bet that if the Spurs lose badly/easy Laker win, the Spurs will make a trade or sign another player/change the roster (not including Mahinmi who is already a Spur of sorts).

If the Spurs lose badly and DON'T change their roster, I lose and it's a sig bet until Playoffs.

Trade Deadline is February 19th, any takers?

peskypesky
01-10-2009, 06:42 PM
It's not a "must win". That's idiotic. Why? It's a regular season game. If it was game 7 of a series, then yes, it's a must win. If it's a game near the end of the season which determines whether you make the playoffs, then again, it's a must win. Aside from those two cases, there really are no must-win regular season games.

Know how I know? Because I'm a Spurs fan, and there were 4 Championship seasons where we lost these supposed must-win games and still went on to get the trophy.

xtremesteven33
01-10-2009, 06:46 PM
Lakers will be on the 2nd night of a B2B after visiting the Rockets and the game is in San Antonio, Lamar might still be out with Luke and Farmar ...........

Alright Spur fan, I'll take the bet with 1 change...not the title but either Avatar or signature. Changing the title is a pain, the other two we can do ourselves.

And since you're rooting for the Spurs, I'll even up the bet a little, you only have to keep the sig or avatar until the next Spur/Laker meeting.

Also, if anybody thinks this isn't a "must win", I'll make the bet that if the Spurs lose badly/easy Laker win, the Spurs will make a trade or sign another player/change the roster (not including Mahinmi who is already a Spur of sorts).

If the Spurs lose badly and DON'T change their roster, I lose and it's a sig bet until Playoffs.

what defines a "bad loss"??

m33p0
01-10-2009, 07:59 PM

spurs have one roster spot open. 99% possibility they will sign someone.

Allanon
01-12-2009, 07:03 AM
what defines a "bad loss"??

Sun Yue/DJ mBenga/Josh Powell or Malik Hairston/Udoka/Vaughn playing out the last 3-5 minutes of the 4th quarter.

Allanon
01-12-2009, 07:08 AM
spurs have one roster spot open. 99% possibility they will sign someone.

I'm not counting the whatever signings like a scrub D-League player...I'm talking about a serious signing like a Alonzo Mourning/PJ Brown kind of impact.

Alot of NBA teams have 14 roster spots....Spurs/Lakers and I think like 7 other teams...somebody made a list of them.

I think most of them will end up with just 14 players to end the season.