PDA

View Full Version : NBA Watching Shaky Euro Teams

Biernutz
01-09-2009, 01:54 PM
With a shaky world economy, several European teams, particularly those in Russia, are struggling to make payroll. Players are being paid late, if at all. N.B.A. teams are watching closely, and preparing to pounce if more quality players break free of their contracts. "There are some situations where they're only paying the foreign players on time, and the domestic players are being asked to kind of understand the situation and get paid in due time," said Bryan Colangelo, the Raptors general manager. "And then there's some situations that might even be worse than that." No one expects a mass reverse exodus, at least not immediately. But team executives believe that at least two more players, guards Jannero Pargo and Carlos Delfino, could return to the N.B.A. this season. They are playing in Russia, Pargo with Dynamo Moscow and Delfino with Khimki BC. Josh Childress was the most high-profile player to defect last summer, snubbing the Hawks to play in Greece. He does not intend to return this season, according to his representatives. But he will probably entertain N.B.A. offers this summer, when he has the chance to exercise an out clause in his contract with Olympiacos.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/nba

Lakers_55
01-09-2009, 07:29 PM
So, some Euro team is going to offer Kobe $60 million to jump ship, and then not pay him if he does?

Kill_Bill_Pana
01-10-2009, 09:50 AM
These Euro teams should sue these stupid idiot American writers. Every single player and team they mention is paying players all their money and on time. Is unreal they even dare mention Olympiacos. They can probably buy every NBA owner over between their 3 owners, their fans which pays into club as sponsors, their sponsors and market partners and then the Greek state which also finance them.

Is something like 10 billions US dollars behind them.

Where is article about Portland owner cannot pay his players? He has gone from over $30 billions to around 8-10.

These writers would be sue if I own these teams. They keep imply that these 3 players is not be paid but notice they never actual come out and say that because they know it is a lie. Even Pargo and Delfino had to say in public in Russia TV and newspaper they get all their money and please stop the lies because club is getting angry with them.

Their is some Euro teams in financial trouble and they are Zalgiris, ASK Riga, Lietuvos Rytas, LMT Riga, some Ukraine clubs, teams like this. There is like Loren Woods on Zalgiris and I cannot think of any other American NBA players in these teams that might be able to get contract back in NBA this year.

There is several teams they can mention is in financial trouble in Europe but instead they mention 3 that have zero financial issue at all and pays every player all their money and on time. I think these Euro clubs have lawsuit against these American writers after they keep state this lie at least in 20 different articles.

m33p0
01-10-2009, 10:56 AM
Ha!

DaDakota
01-10-2009, 12:00 PM
They are being paid late, and in some cases very late, the Euro clubs attendence and monies generated pale in comparison to the NBA....if a rich owner wants to over pay for NBA talent, they will, but if they take a hit and are not so rich anymore, they may have some buyers remorse.

If I were an NBA player entertaining European offers, I would have a clause about late payments giving the power to terminate the contract immediatly to the player....

Many Euro teams have been known to pay late, especially those in Russia and Greece.

DD

MaNuMaNiAc
01-10-2009, 01:36 PM
These Euro teams should sue these stupid idiot American writers. Every single player and team they mention is paying players all their money and on time. Is unreal they even dare mention Olympiacos. They can probably buy every NBA owner over between their 3 owners, their fans which pays into club as sponsors, their sponsors and market partners and then the Greek state which also finance them.

Where is article about Portland owner cannot pay his players? He has gone from over $30 billions to around 8-10.

These writers would be sue if I own these teams. They keep imply that these 3 players is not be paid but notice they never actual come out and say that because they know it is a lie. Even Pargo and Delfino had to say in public in Russia TV and newspaper they get all their money and please stop the lies because club is getting angry with them.

Their is some Euro teams in financial trouble and they are Zalgiris, ASK Riga, Lietuvos Rytas, LMT Riga, some Ukraine clubs, teams like this. There is like Loren Woods on Zalgiris and I cannot think of any other American NBA players in these teams that might be able to get contract back in NBA this year.

There is several teams they can mention is in financial trouble in Europe but instead they mention 3 that have zero financial issue at all and pays every player all their money and on time. I think these Euro clubs have lawsuit against these American writers after they keep state this lie at least in 20 different articles.

How you manage to carry the burden of the ENORMOUS chip on your shoulder is beyond me...

You must spend around 95% of your time on this board either trying to sell anyone and everyone on the greatness of Greek basketball teams, or getting bent out of shape when nobody buys it.

The sooner you realize that most people in here are not interested, the better off you'll be. Think of the time you'll save. You'll be able to actually go out and get a life. :lol

Drachen
01-10-2009, 01:50 PM

I am surprised at how you entirely misread the article. Nowhere in the article did it state that any of the three players mentioned were not getting paid. They brought up Josh Childress to say that he said he is not going anywhere until this summer if at all. Before this, it stated that foreign born players ARE being paid on time, but that native players are being told to wait for their paychecks. The whole point of the article is that NBA GM's are watching to see if the situation deteriorates FURTHER to the point where the foriegn born players are not getting paid. If this were to happen, the talent mentioned above would likely be on the market. I realize you are greek, but if you are going to come in all angry, you better learn some reading comprehension before you do so. I don't go to greek boards and quote on articles in Greek newspapers because I have very little reading comprehension in Greek. Take note! Oh, and I agree with what the poster above said. There are few if any people here who really care what is going on with Olympiacos, etc.

Kill_Bill_Pana
01-10-2009, 08:44 PM
They are being paid late, and in some cases very late, the Euro clubs attendence and monies generated pale in comparison to the NBA....if a rich owner wants to over pay for NBA talent, they will, but if they take a hit and are not so rich anymore, they may have some buyers remorse.

If I were an NBA player entertaining European offers, I would have a clause about late payments giving the power to terminate the contract immediatly to the player....

Many Euro teams have been known to pay late, especially those in Russia and Greece.

DD

No they are not. How many times this have to be repeat here? In NBA contracts is pay per game but in Europe is pay by either per 1 month, 2 month, or 3 month.

Depend on your contract. Childress get per month and get ALL pay on time. Pargo and Delfino is per 3 month and get ALL pay on time. US writers keep report this means they get "pay late". In other words they make it up complete lie just because they think contracts in Europe is all per game like NBA. They are so stupid they cannot even figure out such basic thing. Whatever contract player agree to when he sign that is his issue if he do not like it later.

NONE of these players mention or teams is pay any players late and this "domestic ones" is complete lie also. These stupid idiots cannot even figure out the domestic ones is much more important in all 3 clubs mention than these NBA players to these clubs. I laugh so hard at these fool writers not even know Russia league have RULE you cannot even play these players hardly half the time in Russia. Stupid fools cannot even get the most simple fact right in story. And they ALREADY have contract termination if they miss payment or gets it late. This is also something FIBA guarantees for any player if he want to leave team then he can. Which is more proof of this complete lies from US press.

At first these stories was funny but now is just ridiculous. And for you to know in Russia you must have 3 Russia players on court every second of game and must have at least 5 Russian players play more than half the game. You can have no more than 3 players from outside Russia even enter the game. Yes of course the team will only bother to pay the non-Russian players. And Childress is not even important to Olympiacos. US writers is make some big deal out of him. He is good player but that is all. They make it seem like he is the whole team and the great player of all Europe which is very laughable.

Players on Olympiacos I rather have over him

Papaloukas
Bourousis
Printezis
Pelekanos
Vasilopoulos

All of those players is better than him IMO. But I would take him over some of their other players which is supposed to be good like Halperin (NBA draft pick), Schortsanitis (NBA draft pick), Greer (NBA player) Vujcic (consider one of best Europe players ever), Teodosic (might be NBA pick this year), so yes he is I think better than all of those players that have some ability.

But there is 5 players better than him on his own team in truth.

Lakers_55
01-10-2009, 08:51 PM
At first when I came here to post I was funny but now I is just ridiculous.

Fixed.

Kill_Bill_Pana
01-10-2009, 08:53 PM
Fixed.

There has been articles for months now from US about how Pargo and Delfino do not get pay and within week or two will be back in NBA because of breach of contract. Every time month and many games go by nothing then again same crap articles. Europe should start writing same crap about NBA clubs and just complete make up that they do not pay players and just print them all over.

Lakers_55
01-10-2009, 09:07 PM
^^^^^^^ methinks you missed the point of my fix.

Kill_Bill_Pana
01-11-2009, 03:41 PM
One of biggest papers in Russia report today on this. Khimki players like Delfino had ALL salary paid on time by Moscow government who is one of sponsors of team. The main marketer of club had financial trouble because of economy so government picked up payments. The marketer will pay the government back. Moscow government is official partner and sponsor of Khimki club.

So Delfino has never miss any payments or gotten them late. As soon as marketer had troubles owners got money from Moscow government and all players get their money.

Dynamo Moscow which is team where Pargo play, ALL players gets all their money and on time. has not been one delay or miss payment for any players this year and will not be and GM of team says it would be not accepted to even consider.

Also was already report by Greek players union that Olympiacos where Childress plays all players gets all their money and on time and gets pay every month instead of every 2 or 3 like some clubs in Europe.

So American NBA fans can stop listen to this crap from US sports writers because is no truth to it. Which is why Delfino and Pargo have not left Russia because otherwise if they was not be paid or getting late FIBA allows them to leave their contracts. It has not happen because whole story is lie from US.