PDA

View Full Version : Best Advice to keep yourself sane during this hopeless political/economic ordeal...

Rockhound
01-09-2009, 07:38 PM
You don't have to outrun the bear. You just have to outrun your buddy.

We are, for the most part, all good people here; we just have different views on how to solve the same problems. What have you guys found to keep yourself from becoming totally pessimistic?

johnsmith
01-09-2009, 09:13 PM

We are, for the most part, all good people here; we just have different views on how to solve the same problems. What have you guys found to keep yourself from becoming totally pessimistic?

Continue working for a living.

SnakeBoy
01-10-2009, 03:42 AM
My best advice, stay pessimistic.

And listen to Aesop...

IN a field one summer’s day a Grasshopper was hopping about, chirping and singing to its heart’s content. An Ant passed by, bearing along with great toil an ear of corn he was taking to the nest.
“Why not come and chat with me,” said the Grasshopper, “instead of toiling and moiling in that way?”
“I am helping to lay up food for the winter,” said the Ant, “and recommend you to do the same.”
“Why bother about winter?” said the Grasshopper; “we have got plenty of food at present.” But the Ant went on its way and continued its toil. When the winter came the Grasshopper had no food, and found itself dying of hunger, while it saw the ants distributing every day corn and grain from the stores they had collected in the summer. Then the Grasshopper knew:
“IT IS BEST TO PREPARE FOR THE DAYS OF NECESSITY.”

DarkReign
01-11-2009, 10:31 AM
Plan for the Revolution, because this country is 3 steps away from being a Banana Republic.

Crookshanks
01-11-2009, 11:27 AM

The 2010 elections and the fact that "The Messiah" can only serve 8 years - and maybe, if we're lucky, just 4.

SnakeBoy
01-11-2009, 12:25 PM
The 2010 elections and the fact that "The Messiah" can only serve 8 years - and maybe, if we're lucky, just 4.

It's likely to be only 4 IMO, but it really doesn't matter. In case you haven't noticed there is virtually no difference between the parties on issues that actually matter.

boutons_
01-11-2009, 01:08 PM
I expect everything to get significantly more expensive as oil prices go up to the targeted $75+, and stay up, meaning for a given income, less disposable income.

There's really not much the govt can do for all of us, and no one knows whether whatever will be done will increase economic activity. The govt exists to serve corporate and capitalist interests, as we see in the bailout of the financial sector.

Get and hang on to a job(s), reduce cost of living to the minimum, and don't get sick and/or get lean and fit. The health care industry will impoverish you with extreme speed and efficiency.

JoeChalupa
01-11-2009, 02:08 PM
Pray and keep working and saving for the future.

ploto
01-11-2009, 04:39 PM
Reduce your expenses.

balli
01-11-2009, 05:09 PM
And when I feel my finger on your trigger
I know nobody can do me no harm
Because happiness is a warm gun, momma
(Bang Bang Shoot Shoot)

smeagol
01-11-2009, 06:51 PM
Hope I don't get fired. Continue to save for the future.

CubanMustGo
01-11-2009, 08:36 PM
Hope I don't get fired. Continue to save for the future.