PDA

View Full Version : Memphis will sign Miles for 10-day contract

Duncanoypi
01-09-2009, 11:52 PM
TORONTO –- One of the strangest NBA plots ever will thicken Saturday because Darius Miles will rejoin the Grizzlies with a 10-day contract.

That’s the word I got while the Griz were getting blown out by the Raptors.

Miles is expected in Memphis sometime Saturday. He has visited family in Mississippi since Tuesday when the Griz waived him to avoid guaranteeing his contract for the rest of the season.

So Miles won’t have to travel far in order to put an exclamation point on an unprecedented NBA saga given the ramification his return likely will have for the Portland Trail Blazers.

If Miles appears in two more games this season, the $18 million remaining on his salary will count against the Blazers’ salary cap. The development would make the Blazers a luxury-tax payer and limit their future free-agent spending.

Portland is still expected to be under the cap this summer. If the Blazers let Raef LaFrentz’s $12.7 million contract expire and Miles’ contract goes back on their books, they would be approximately $7.5 million under the current cap.

The figure would be $16.5 million if Miles never played.

Check www.commercialappeal.com for more details on this development.

http://www.thememphisedge.com/2009/01/09/griz-signing-miles-to-10-day-contract/

Lakers_55
01-09-2009, 11:55 PM
Let me guess, Jerry West had a hand in this as well, even though he has no axe to grind? Wait, maybe he does...Portland broke up the Jailblazers in 2004 and sent Rasheed Wallace to Detroit. No team would have beaten the Pistons that year after that gift.

don't you all just love Jerry West conspiracies, let's make more of them!

lil_penny
01-09-2009, 11:55 PM
After the shit blazer management tried to pull last night I hope miles does sign, I hope they learn a big lesson from this.. dumbasses.

m33p0
01-09-2009, 11:57 PM
i would think memphis would be one of those teams who would want to keep a healthy relationship with portland.

Double-Up
01-09-2009, 11:59 PM
Get it done Memphis...you have nothing to lose.

br0ken_shad0w
01-09-2009, 11:59 PM
i would think memphis would be one of those teams who would want to keep a healthy relationship with portland.

Portland certainly doesn't want to keep a healthy relationship with the rest of the teams so why should they?

dougp
01-10-2009, 12:01 AM
Memphis is probably the only team who can get away with doing this and playing him in several games, because he was signed with them previously.

ClingingMars
01-10-2009, 12:01 AM
:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

:toast

-Mars

td4mvp21
01-10-2009, 12:03 AM
Suck it Blazers

milkshakeballa
01-10-2009, 12:05 AM
Memphis is probably the only team who can get away with doing this and playing him in several games, because he was signed with them previously.

Any team can sign Miles and get away with it....goodness gracious....you know less about the CBA than Spurs Dynasty AND tlong....my god

dougp
01-10-2009, 12:28 AM
Any team can sign Miles and get away with it....goodness gracious....you know less about the CBA than Spurs Dynasty AND tlong....my god

Hey dumbfuck lakers fan - the Grizzlies are the only team to have had him on contract to legitimately look like they want him to play with them. Go fuckin check out the post on the Spurs forum and see exactly what was posted about the CBA and all the regulation crap.

endrity
01-10-2009, 12:48 AM
Even if a team wanted to sign him purposely to damage the Blazers they could and in fact SHOULD. The Blazers got an unfair advantage. Whether he is a good player or not is not in the question, he was called unhealthy enough to play, which is clearely not the case.

Indazone
01-10-2009, 01:21 AM
Awesome, let Portland Eat Darius Miles Contract! :toast

Obstructed_View
01-10-2009, 01:39 AM
Hey dumbfuck lakers fan - the Grizzlies are the only team to have had him on contract to legitimately look like they want him to play with them. Go fuckin check out the post on the Spurs forum and see exactly what was posted about the CBA and all the regulation crap.

You'll need to post a link to that, because the Blazers didn't send an email out to everyone reminding them that signing Miles violates the CBA.

SmellyFeet
01-10-2009, 01:53 AM
Blazers, how does my ass taste?

-Memphis.