PDA

View Full Version : Lebron is the best

DAF86
01-10-2009, 12:17 AM
Sorry Kobe fans but he's the best player in the world right now, the guy is a beast, since Shaq in the 3 peat of the Lakers that I don't see a player dominate a BB game the way this kid does, and he's a perimeter player. He's everywhere. Scoring, rebounding, blocking shots, stealing, assisting and playing great defense. Let's face it, the only reason the Cavs are this good is him. No other player would turn that group of players into an elite team in the NBA. His only weakness is the 3 pt shooting but in a night when that shot falls for him he turns into the perfect player.

Many PackYao
01-10-2009, 12:20 AM
I'm pretty sure if he reaches the finals again he'll brick critical FTs Karl Malone style.

ClingingMars
01-10-2009, 12:23 AM
I'm pretty sure if he reaches the finals again he'll brick critical FTs Karl Malone style.

or get swept again by a certain team ;)

-Mars

JoeTait75
01-10-2009, 12:26 AM

He'll make them when he has to.

LeBron doesn't choke. He may fail, but he doesn't choke.

And he's BEEN the best player in the league for about three years now.

Reck
01-10-2009, 12:26 AM

-Mars

Keep dreaming.

That shit ain't happening if by a miracle both these teams do make it to the Finals.

ClingingMars
01-10-2009, 12:27 AM

or Dirk style.

-Mars

DAF86
01-10-2009, 12:38 AM
And I say this even though I'm not a fan of him. I think he's a little bit pedantic sometimes and his style of play doesn't atract me, his jumper is ugly to look at and I don't like the fact that he can crab dribble his way to the hoop a lot of times without getting called.

Many PackYao
01-10-2009, 12:39 AM

-Mars
Sorry brah Stern has only three teams(Lakers,C's, n Cav's) in his VIP room who are allowed to win the title and the Spurs ain't invited no mo'.

endrity
01-10-2009, 12:43 AM

That's the homer in you speaking. I gladly admit that he is the best right now, but he was nowhere this good even a couple of months ago. He has everything under control now, pure greatness.

Lakers_55
01-10-2009, 12:45 AM
I don't mind if LeBron is better than Kobe, each is valuable to their team in their own way. Kobe and Shaq don't even make my top 10 favorite Laker list.

IronMexican
01-10-2009, 12:47 AM
Tait, you're homer in you is showing. LeBron is definitely better now. Well, Cleveland, enjoy these next two years.

Many PackYao
01-10-2009, 12:55 AM
I've seen Lebron win a game on a drive to the basket, but has he ever won a game with a jumphot or FT's?IMO he doesn't compare to Kobe when it comes to clutch shooting and to me that is the difference between the two.

IronMexican
01-10-2009, 12:57 AM
If you could win driving it, why take a jumpshot.

DAF86
01-10-2009, 12:58 AM

Exactly

dirk4mvp
01-10-2009, 01:00 AM
I've seen Lebron win a game on a drive to the basket, but has he ever won a game with a jumphot or FT's?IMO he doesn't compare to Kobe when it comes to clutch shooting and to me that is the difference between the two.

Was he doing nothing but dunking against the Pistons when he raped them?

Rockhound
01-10-2009, 01:01 AM
What's also great is Lebron cannot be intimidated.

He knows he is the shit and there is no way the C's can even begin to talk shit to him.

The Cavs can beat the C's in the wcf.

JoeTait75
01-10-2009, 01:02 AM
That's the homer in you speaking. I gladly admit that he is the best right now, but he was nowhere this good even a couple of months ago. He has everything under control now, pure greatness.

I am absolutely a homer. But I've seen the kid turn his game up too many times, in too many games, in too many ways, to think much differently. He's always had a great floor game offensively, great enough so that he can dominate on that end while taking 10 shots in a given night. He just has so many ways of controlling a game, and has had them for quite a while. He is better now, because he's giving total commitment on the defensive end. But he's been legitimately great for quite some time, and he was never so bad on defense as to be a liability. LBJ has always been a 'want-to' guy on defense. He wants to lock guys up now, so he's doing it.

Plus, he's under more pressure to succeed than any player in the game. And he handles it superbly. Has never shied from the moment. He's come up short sometimes, but everyone does. He's always gone after it. The stuff about him not having the killer instinct- bupkus. And he had to bring an entire franchise back from the dead- and has done so, to say the least.

And all while his best teammate was the defensive concepts brought here by Hank Egan and Mike Brown.

Many PackYao
01-10-2009, 01:03 AM
Well, thats what I mean. He's missing that skill that Kobe already has.Kobe can win a game in any fashion i.e., FTs,drives, jumpshots.

dirk4mvp
01-10-2009, 01:04 AM
Well, thats what I mean. He's missing that skill that Kobe already has.Kobe can win a game in any fashion i.e., FTs,drives, jumpshots.

Or there's that thing where he refuses to shoot in the 4th.

peskypesky
01-10-2009, 01:05 AM
Lebron>Kobe

I have to give it to him for his defense (especially the blocks and rebounds) and his ability to bull his way to the rim.

But that doesn't mean that Kobe is not great. He is. I still vote for him as an All-Star and he's the best SG in the game.

JoeTait75
01-10-2009, 01:06 AM
Tait, you're homer in you is showing. LeBron is definitely better now. Well, Cleveland, enjoy these next two years.

Why does Lake Show fan have to be so touchy?

I didn't say Kobe wasn't the shit. I didn't say he didn't deserve his MVP.

Christ.

IronMexican
01-10-2009, 01:07 AM

I'll take a game winning lay in over a game winning jumper % wise.

Many PackYao
01-10-2009, 01:08 AM
Was he doing nothing but dunking against the Pistons when he raped them?
Yeah, but that's not gonna happen very often. Jordan only did that for so long.He played a smarter and a more varied game by improving his jumper.

DAF86
01-10-2009, 01:10 AM
Yeah, but that's not gonna happen very often. Jordan only did that for so long.He played a smarter and a more varied game by improving his jumper.

As long as he can do it, he's the best.

Many PackYao
01-10-2009, 01:13 AM
As long as he can do it, he's the best.
Plenty of people may agree with that, but I would definitely take Kobe over Lebron to take the game winning shot.

Obstructed_View
01-10-2009, 01:15 AM

He'll win the MVP this year, and it should be his third, not his first.

Medvedenko
01-10-2009, 01:17 AM

It's a good thing you don't have any say in voting or really anything that resembles anything judiciary in the NBA.

Allanon
01-10-2009, 01:22 AM
If the Cavs meet the Lakers in the Finals, that can be decided.

Kobe sucked at the beginning of the season when he took too much of a backseat. But for the past month, Kobe's been playing like the MVP.

LeBron was better the first month and a half of the season, but right now, Kobe's playing better in my opinion.

dirk4mvp
01-10-2009, 01:24 AM

Kobe sucked at the beginning of the season when he took too much of a backseat. But for the past month, Kobe's been playing like the MVP.

LeBron was better the first month and a half of the season, but right now, Kobe's playing better in my opinion.

Kobe would've folded tonight. And your opinion is shit anyways, since you think Odom is a good player :lol

Kobe™
01-10-2009, 01:26 AM
I put him as 1a. and Kobe 1b.

JamStone
01-10-2009, 01:30 AM
I don't disagree that LeBron is the best player in the league right now. I already felt that way at the start of the season.

But I question the timing of this thread to make the point. LeBron just played great against a team that had lost 6 of its last 8 games whose defense has been horrible in that stretch. Also, Kobe and the Lakers beat the same Boston team when the Celtics were on that ridiculous win streak. Seems like a little overreaction to this one game at this point.

And, it also comes on a night where Kobe drops 36 points, 13 assists, and 7 rebounds in his own right against a Pacers team that actually has been playing better than the Celtics recently. Kobe's been on a tear for the last month or so himself.

SmellyFeet
01-10-2009, 01:31 AM
I don't disagree that LeBron is the best player in the league right now. I already felt that way at the start of the season.

But I question the timing of this thread to make the point. LeBron just played great against a team that had lost 6 of its last 8 games whose defense has been horrible in that stretch.

And, it also comes on a night where Kobe drops 36 points, 13 assists, and 7 rebounds in his own right against a Pacers team that actually has been playing better than the Celtics recently.

Not to mention he usual clutch scoring down the stretch when every point was needed.

endrity
01-10-2009, 01:33 AM

He has as many MVPs as he deserves, and he'll have as many as he deservers after this season too.

Nash's 2006 was ridicolous, but Wade, Dirk, Kobe had better seasons that year. The other MVPs have been legit.

DAF86
01-10-2009, 01:33 AM

That can only decide what team is better, and is clear that the lakers are a much better team than the Cavs

endrity
01-10-2009, 01:36 AM
That can only decide what team is better, and is clear that the lakers are a much better team than the Cavs

It is??? Were you saying the same thing before the Finals last year?

The Cavs play amazing defense, and have a team discipline that is hardly matched by anyone else. Those guys might not be the biggest stars, but they cover for LeBron every inch of the way.

To me the Cavs are easily the best team in the league right now.

DAF86
01-10-2009, 01:38 AM

But I question the timing of this thread to make the point. LeBron just played great against a team that had lost 6 of its last 8 games whose defense has been horrible in that stretch. Also, Kobe and the Lakers beat the same Boston team when the Celtics were on that ridiculous win streak. Seems like a little overreaction to this one game at this point.

And, it also comes on a night where Kobe drops 36 points, 13 assists, and 7 rebounds in his own right against a Pacers team that actually has been playing better than the Celtics recently. Kobe's been on a tear for the last month or so himself.

Kobe coulda scored 81 again for all I care, what Lebron's been doing this season is unbealiveable, and as sick as his numbers are they don't make justice to how much of an impact lebron is in a BB court, he's involved in every single play (offensively and defensively)

JoeTait75
01-10-2009, 01:39 AM
This may all sound good, but guess who Lebron and every other player in the league will tell you who the best is??? Yup, you guessed it. THE MAMBA.

LeBron kills Kobe with kindness.

endrity
01-10-2009, 01:40 AM
This may all sound good, but guess who Lebron and every other player in the league will tell you who the best is??? Yup, you guessed it. THE MAMBA.

Where was the greatest player and what was he doing in the clutch moments of the olympics. Watching Kobe silence the crown.

So you want LeBron to say he is the best? That would look kind of stupid don't you think.

Obstructed_View
01-10-2009, 01:41 AM
It's a good thing you don't have any say in voting or really anything that resembles anything judiciary in the NBA.

It's a good thing for you, because Kobe would win all the awards he actually deserves.

DAF86
01-10-2009, 01:41 AM
It is??? Were you saying the same thing before the Finals last year?

The Cavs play amazing defense, and have a team discipline that is hardly matched by anyone else. Those guys might not be the biggest stars, but they cover for LeBron every inch of the way.

To me the Cavs are easily the best team in the league right now.

What!? I wasn't saying anything last year. But if somebody woulda asked me, I'd have defenetily said that the Lakers are a better team than the Cavs.

TheMACHINE
01-10-2009, 01:44 AM
Kobe coulda scored 81 again for all I care, what Lebron's been doing this season is unbealiveable, and as sick as his numbers are they don't make justice to how much of an impact is lebron in a BB court, he's involved in every single play (offensively and defensively)

Shows how unbiased you are :p:

endrity
01-10-2009, 01:44 AM
What!? I wasn't saying anything last year. But if somebody woulda asked me, I'd have defenetily said that the Lakers are a better team than the Cavs.

I meant to say, were you one of the people who claimed the Lakers were better than the Celtics as well?

People forget how important defense is, and the Cavs have plenty of it right now.
As great as that Celtics defense was last year, LeBron came much closer than Kobe did to breaking it even with a worse team. Remember that.

DAF86
01-10-2009, 01:53 AM
Shows how unbiased you are :p:

And I say this even though I'm not a fan of him. I think he's a little bit pedantic sometimes and his style of play doesn't atract me, his jumper is ugly to look at and I don't like the fact that he can crab dribble his way to the hoop a lot of times without getting called.

DAF86
01-10-2009, 01:55 AM
I meant to say, were you one of the people who claimed the Lakers were better than the Celtics as well?

People forget how important defense is, and the Cavs have plenty of it right now.
As great as that Celtics defense was last year, LeBron came much closer than Kobe did to breaking it even with a worse team. Remember that.[/

The Hawks too, so?

Sometimes it's all about matchups.

DAF86
01-10-2009, 01:57 AM
NO, not stupid at all. Ive still yet to see Lebron do something that Kobe havent already done and is not doing now. At the end of the day, when you compare players and declare one the best, I question who has more in their bag. Who can give you more on their best night. Two seaons ago we wouldnt even be having this conversation because Kobe was torching the league, but since hes only averages 27 points a game people think hes being upstaged by overrated Lebron. By the way, Lebron is also only averaging 27 points a game, while Kobe has admitted that hes not even in 3rd gear yet.
Kobe was player of the month for Dec. and so far player of Jan. Lets see how this turns out. Should be interesting.

The last thing that impresses me about Lebron is his offense. Is for everything else in his game that I'm making this claim.

Allanon
01-10-2009, 02:10 AM
The last thing that impresses me about Lebron is his offense. Is for everything else in his game that I'm making this claim.

This was the same LeBron that deferred to Kobe in the final minutes of the Olympics.

This is what separates Kobe and LeBron, Kobe is still the best closer in the game.

Obstructed_View
01-10-2009, 02:14 AM
This was the same LeBron that deferred to Kobe in the final minutes of the Olympics.

This is what separates Kobe and LeBron, Kobe is still the best closer in the game.

Yeah, he closes out the playoffs in spectacular fashion. If only it were spectacularly good. Again, if big performances at the end of FIBA games is the criteria, then Kobe's not even the best closer in the western conference.

SmellyFeet
01-10-2009, 02:18 AM
Yeah, he closes out the playoffs in spectacular fashion. If only it were spectacularly good. Again, if big performances at the end of FIBA games is the criteria, then Kobe's not even the best closer in the western conference.

Are you actually saying kobe is a chocker ala dirk?

hitmanyr2k
01-10-2009, 02:18 AM
Right now Kobe can't compete with Lebron's complete floor game. He's doing it at both ends consistently. It's not just this game tonight. It's been all season. The fact that he's been playing on a high level defensively and still putting up his usual offensive numbers is just too much to ignore. The kid is constantly hustling and no fast break layup for the opponent is safe these days.

Kobe just hasn't brought it on the defensive end like Lebron this season. You get one or the other with Kobe but not both.

DAF86
01-10-2009, 02:25 AM
Lebron is playing as a PG in the offensive end and as a center in the defensive one, I've never seen anything like it.

DAF86
01-10-2009, 02:27 AM
This thread is soley about the Spurs fans trying to find a team and player to outplay Kobe and the Lakers this year, since their pathetic team dont have a shot in a bowl of shit at beating the Lakers this year.

You've 15 or something like that right?

SmellyFeet
01-10-2009, 02:28 AM
You've 15 or something like that right?

Great comeback fuckface.

TheMACHINE
01-10-2009, 02:29 AM
Right now Kobe can't compete with Lebron's complete floor game. He's doing it at both ends consistently. It's not just this game tonight. It's been all season. The fact that he's been playing on a high level defensively and still putting up his usual offensive numbers is just too much to ignore. The kid is constantly hustling and no fast break layup for the opponent is safe these days.

Kobe just hasn't brought it on the defensive end like Lebron this season. You get one or the other with Kobe but not both.

:lol:rollin

DAF86
01-10-2009, 02:30 AM
Great comeback fuckface.

Is the only comeback I can give to such a stupid coment

If I curse, does it make it a better one?

SmellyFeet
01-10-2009, 02:44 AM
Is the only comeback I can give to such a stupid coment

If I curse, does it make it a better one?

Shut it.

DAF86
01-10-2009, 02:45 AM
Shut it.

:lol Talking about great comebacks.

DazedAndConfused
01-10-2009, 02:46 AM
Lebron is a freak of nature.

When his athleticism goes he will be a much different player. I don't forsee him having an extended career like Kobe and MJ will/have. Still, once he reaches his prime he will be like Shaq was in his prime.

DAF86
01-10-2009, 02:52 AM

When his athleticism goes he will be a much different player. I don't forsee him having an extended career like Kobe and MJ will/have. Still, once he reaches his prime he will be like Shaq was in his prime.

Agreed. But as long as that happens he'll be the best, unless Dwight Howard realizes that he should be the one dominating this league.

Cry Havoc
01-10-2009, 03:01 AM

Better than Shaq ever was.

The only weakness James has is his 3 point range. And that's a minor weakness considering how often he gets to the rim. James is going to be doing to teams things we've only seen once a generation. When he peaks, he might be at a higher level than any athlete in any sport in history. It will be Secretariat like dominance, like Ali just crushing opponents, like Phelps did over the summer, only every night.

We're seeing something here that's hard to fathom. A player who might approach Jordan's ability to just crush the opposition. The next 8 years of individual dominance in the NBA belong to LeBron. Of course, that doesn't guarantee him a single ring just yet. But I would be shocked if he leaves with less than 3 or 4 LOB trophies.

And :lmao at the Lakers fans coming in here to distribute hate (not all of you). The fact that James is now already as good or better than Kobe ever has been is too much for most of you to handle. Keep hating on this 24 year old who just might end up the best player ever to wear an NBA jersey outside of Mr. Jordan. And at this point, I'm not sure it would be impossible for him to surpass MJ. He's that damn good. So keep your jealous hate going.

I can't wait for Mr. James to shut you the fuck up.

TheMACHINE
01-10-2009, 03:05 AM
a couple months of Defense and you get this thread.

JoeTait75
01-10-2009, 03:19 AM

LeBron has never been a BAD defensive player. He was lazy and gambled too much. He was also playing 45 minutes a night and had to do everything on the offensive end.

Cry Havoc
01-10-2009, 03:27 AM

Exactly. Imagine what he'll be like in a year, when he's actually learned how to play great defense instead of just bringing effort like he is now. :wow

DAF86
01-10-2009, 03:54 AM
This clownish statment tells us that you may be only 15. Ever heard of a guy named Magic?

I never saw Magic (at his peak) I'm 22 by the way

baseline bum
01-10-2009, 04:00 AM

Easily. Without LeBron, the '07 and '08 Cavs probably win 20-25 games max. It has been obvious James would pretty quickly become the best player on the planet since he was in high school. Every time I watch LeBron, I see Magic.

SmellyFeet
01-10-2009, 04:59 AM
Better than Shaq ever was.

The only weakness James has is his 3 point range. And that's a minor weakness considering how often he gets to the rim. James is going to be doing to teams things we've only seen once a generation. When he peaks, he might be at a higher level than any athlete in any sport in history. It will be Secretariat like dominance, like Ali just crushing opponents, like Phelps did over the summer, only every night.

We're seeing something here that's hard to fathom. A player who might approach Jordan's ability to just crush the opposition. The next 8 years of individual dominance in the NBA belong to LeBron. Of course, that doesn't guarantee him a single ring just yet. But I would be shocked if he leaves with less than 3 or 4 LOB trophies.

And :lmao at the Lakers fans coming in here to distribute hate (not all of you). The fact that James is now already as good or better than Kobe ever has been is too much for most of you to handle. Keep hating on this 24 year old who just might end up the best player ever to wear an NBA jersey outside of Mr. Jordan. And at this point, I'm not sure it would be impossible for him to surpass MJ. He's that damn good. So keep your jealous hate going.

I can't wait for Mr. James to shut you the fuck up.

Talk about sucking lebron's cock.

He hasn't won shit and he is already a shoe in for "h\greatest athlete in any sport ever"? wtf you smoking biatch?

baseline bum
01-10-2009, 06:25 AM
Stop being stupid!!! First of all, Magic could not fly like Lebron and Lebron could not lead a team like Magic. Magic probably is the greatest team leader in all of sports. Only thing they had in common was an iffy jumper, and same size. Magic was a much better player though... hands down.

Fucking Laker fans are such insecure bitches. You say one good thing about another player and all they do is come and whine about how great their guy is.

Ghazi
01-10-2009, 06:35 AM
Lebron's imprint on a basketball game is far greater than Kobe's. Lebron is the best player in the world and to even debate is actually very stupid.

diego
01-10-2009, 10:09 AM
This clownish statment tells us that you may be only 15. Ever heard of a guy named Magic?

the same magic that played with KAJ and macadoo? Magic did play 4/5 at times for the lakers, but he didnt have to cover as much as lebron does.

lebron is 20 blocks away from matching magic's total career blocks in less than half the years.

now magic was a better rebounder and i agree right now he is still the better player.

but if i had to choose a guy to play center for me and had to choose between LBJ and Magic, I choose LBJ no questions asked, much better athlete and all signs point towards improvement

resistanze
01-10-2009, 10:18 AM
LeBron is the best is the league, PERIOD.

God damn, now I remember why I voted for the fucking Celtics last June. You motherfuckers can get annoying.

m33p0
01-10-2009, 11:05 AM
:lmao @ kobecocksuckers

urunobili
01-10-2009, 11:10 AM

:tu

IronMexican
01-10-2009, 11:20 AM
Prime Shaq is untouchable.

TheMACHINE
01-10-2009, 11:57 AM
LeBron has never been a BAD defensive player. He was lazy and gambled too much. He was also playing 45 minutes a night and had to do everything on the offensive end.

Funny...Kobe before Gasol, played just as much minutes as Lebron, had to run the offensive becuz of retards like Smush Parker and Kwame Brown, but still got 1st Team All Defense.

QUESTION: Why did Lebron suddenly became a defensive player???

ANSWER: Cuz he spent the summer learning from Kobe Bryant

DazedAndConfused
01-10-2009, 12:16 PM
Greater impact than prime Shaq? I don't think so.

The NBA had to change their rules to STOP Shaq.

Typically a player's athleticism reaches it's peak between the years of 24-26. As I said earlier if you think Lebron's body will hold up when he's 30 to the beating he takes every night then be my guest. I don't see that happening.

I see a player who in the next 3-5 years will be an unstoppable force. Someone who SHOULD win at least one championship and likely multiple MVP's.

IronMexican
01-10-2009, 12:22 PM
Like I said, no one could touch prime Shaq. I remember him gettin 30/20 games with ease. Shaq is definitely my favorite Laker from this decade, so take it for what it's worth.

DazedAndConfused
01-10-2009, 12:29 PM
The most dominant player ever was Wilt. Easily the most unstoppable force the NBA had ever seen.

He had athleticism that would make LBJ look like Jason Kapono. I suggest you youngins read up on your history before you start with the

"LEBRONZ IS DA BESTEST EVA!" threads.

hitmanyr2k
01-10-2009, 12:38 PM
Funny...Kobe before Gasol, played just as much minutes as Lebron, had to run the offensive becuz of retards like Smush Parker and Kwame Brown, but still got 1st Team All Defense.

Kobe's first team ALL-D selections for the mostpart have been sick jokes. Last year he actually earned it because he had some commitment to defense for a change. In '06 and '07 there was no way in hell he should have been on first team All-defense or 2nd team for that matter lol. I remember one of those years when it was announced even die hard Laker/Kobe fans were howling that it was bullshit :lol Even the biggest Kobe worshipper on the planet Doug Collins said Kobe got selected based on reputation. And this year his defense has been pretty much like '06 and '07. He's coasting and not even putting in half the effort he did last year.

TheMACHINE
01-10-2009, 12:48 PM
Kobe's first team ALL-D selections for the mostpart have been sick jokes. Last year he actually earned it because he had some commitment to defense for a change. In '06 and '07 there was no way in hell he should have been on first team All-defense or 2nd team for that matter lol. I remember one of those years when it was announced even die hard Laker/Kobe fans were howling that it was bullshit :lol Even the biggest Kobe worshipper on the planet Doug Collins said Kobe got selected based on reputation. And this year his defense has been pretty much like '06 and '07. He's coasting and not even putting in half the effort he did last year.

ok...so was there a better defending shooting guard?

hitmanyr2k
01-10-2009, 01:08 PM
ok...so was there a better defending shooting guard?

It doesn't matter if there was or not. You're the one trying to hype Kobe's ALL-D selections like they mean anything :lol Laker fans who watch the guy all season long know he wasn't deserving of the honor during those years. He just got it by default. The best defenders in the league (Bowen, Battier, Artest, etc) just happen to play Lebron's position.

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=41226&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=alldefense&start=25

These guys are even bigger Kobe groupies than you and at least called it as they (and many others) saw it.

Last year was the first time in ages that I saw Kobe put any consistent effort into defense so I had no trouble with him making the All-Defense team. However, years '06 and '07 were sick jokes.

JoeTait75
01-10-2009, 02:25 PM

If you want to credit Kobe for LeBron's defensive transformation, go right ahead. No question LeBron learned a lot from Kobe, from Coach K, and from the other great players he played with on Team USA. No shame in that. But don't underestimate the impact of Mike Brown, Hank Egan, and the defensive mindset they've brought, and which LeBron is buying into. And LeBron has always had the ability to play great defense. The consistency and the desire to bring it night-in and night-out took a little longer.

Obstructed_View
01-10-2009, 02:28 PM
Are you actually saying kobe is a chocker ala dirk?

No, I'm saying that he's not a great closer like you'd all like to make people believe that he is. I don't know what a chocker is, but I presume it's part chucker, part choker. That might describe Kobe pretty well. When his shots are falling, he's pretty damn good, but somehow he manages not to be able to score when there's a big game going on.

SmellyFeet
01-10-2009, 02:53 PM
No, I'm saying that he's not a great closer like you'd all like to make people believe that he is. I don't know what a chocker is, but I presume it's part chucker, part choker. That might describe Kobe pretty well. When his shots are falling, he's pretty damn good, but somehow he manages not to be able to score when there's a big game going on.

So the olympic finals was not a great game? Team U.S was standing on the verge of becoming the greatest joke in basketball world, every single person in the team was shitting his pants and not daring to take a shot, and you call kobe a chocker?

DazedAndConfused
01-10-2009, 03:22 PM
Spurs fans hate Kobe simply because he has crushed their championship hopes. There is no other reason, don't believe their BS. They're a relatively rational fanbase towards every team EXCEPT the Lakers because the Lakers have crushed them so many times in the playoffs.

Understand this, and then you can understand why their fans call Kobe a chucker and a choker.

1Parker1
01-10-2009, 03:28 PM
It's very rare the a young player of his stature with so much hype not only comes into the league and lives up the hype and even exceeds everyone's expectations, but he also handles it very professionally on the court. He could easily have been cocky ala Kobe in his early years or a bad sportsman like Garnett, but he handles winning and losing pretty graciously and I have to admit, I see him treat his teammates with a lot of respect.

1Parker1
01-10-2009, 03:36 PM
Spurs fans hate Kobe simply because he has crushed their championship hopes. There is no other reason, don't believe their BS. They're a relatively rational fanbase towards every team EXCEPT the Lakers because the Lakers have crushed them so many times in the playoffs.

Understand this, and then you can understand why their fans call Kobe a chucker and a choker.

How exactly has Kobe CRUSHED the Spurs championship hopes? More than half the season is still left and the playoffs are a long time away. Just because the Lakers and Kobe happened to beat the Spurs last postseason, doesn't mean the Spurs can't win the championship this season because of them. Flawed logic.

td4mvp21
01-10-2009, 03:49 PM
How exactly has Kobe CRUSHED the Spurs championship hopes? More than half the season is still left and the playoffs are a long time away. Just because the Lakers and Kobe happened to beat the Spurs last postseason, doesn't mean the Spurs can't win the championship this season because of them. Flawed logic.

I think he meant in the past.

Obstructed_View
01-10-2009, 04:38 PM
Kobe's had good games against the Spurs, but he's way down on the list of causes of dashed hopes of riverwalk parades. I'd put Phil, Shaq, Fisher, George, and Malone above him on my all-bitterness playoff team.

It has nothing to do with that, it has more to do with the fact that the ESPN driven celebrity sports media are dying for another Michael Jordan, and they've been trying to find someone to force into that mold for a long time. Kobe's similar in some ways, and so superstar worshipping LA and their giant Laker fanbase resort to hyperbole to build him up. Jordan never failed to take a shot in the second half of an elimination game, and he certainly never lost by 40 in the last game of the finals. All kudos to Kobe for being able to score on Ime Udoka, really. I mean he should get another trophy just for that, and god forbid anyone mention Manu's ankle, because that had nothing to do with the team's success.

None of that changes the fact that Lebron James is actually better at everything Laker fans want to give Kobe credit for being great at. It's funny how we have to resort to an olympic game that was never really in doubt or a quote from the usually classy and respectful Lebron James to cite as evidence of Kobe's greatness. Now we get to listen to Lakerfan pointing to Barkley calling Kobe "The Closer" as though they don't realize that TNT certainly put their NBA crew up to assigning that title to someone in order to promote their show. At least they didn't call Kobe "Without a Trace".

SmellyFeet
01-10-2009, 04:39 PM
Kobe's had good games against the Spurs, but he's way down on the list of causes of dashed hopes of riverwalk parades. I'd put Phil, Shaq, Fisher, George, and Malone above him on my all-bitterness playoff team.

It has nothing to do with that, it has more to do with the fact that the ESPN driven celebrity sports media are dying for another Michael Jordan, and they've been trying to find someone to force into that mold for a long time. Kobe's similar in some ways, and so superstar worshipping LA and their giant Laker fanbase resort to hyperbole to build him up. Jordan never failed to take a shot in the second half of an elimination game, and he certainly never lost by 40 in the last game of the finals. All kudos to Kobe for being able to score on Ime Udoka, really. I mean he should get another trophy just for that, and god forbid anyone mention Manu's ankle, because that had nothing to do with the team's success.

None of that changes the fact that Lebron James is actually better at everything Laker fans want to give Kobe credit for being great at. It's funny how we have to resort to an olympic game that was never really in doubt or a quote from the usually classy and respectful Lebron James to cite as evidence of Kobe's greatness. Now we get to listen to Lakerfan pointing to Barkley calling Kobe "The Closer" as though they don't realize that TNT certainly put their NBA crew up to assigning that title to someone in order to promote their show. At least they didn't call Kobe "Without a Trace".

You still mad 4-1 babeh?

DazedAndConfused
01-10-2009, 04:41 PM
I did mean in the past, and be honest with yourselves. There can't be any logical reason why you hate the Lakers and Kobe with so much passion other than the fact that they have been responsible for dashing any repeat hopes the Spurs have had in the last few years.

Hell you rooted FOR the Celtics over the Lakers last season. That's how deep your hatred is.

DazedAndConfused
01-10-2009, 04:42 PM

Laker fans don't care about Lebron. They really don't. All they care about is rings.

The only one who cares about Lebron is Spurs fans because they can't stand Kobe and want to see someone surpass him.

It's laughable how transparent your blind hatred is Spurs fans. You're making it too easy for me.

DazedAndConfused
01-10-2009, 04:43 PM
You still mad 4-1 babeh?

:lmao. Look at how hard he tries to rationalize his ridiculous hatred.

It's simple. You hate Kobe because he and the rest of the Lakers past and present are responsible for beating the Spurs 4 times this decade in the playoffs.

DAF86
01-10-2009, 04:44 PM
The most dominant player ever was Wilt. Easily the most unstoppable force the NBA had ever seen.

He had athleticism that would make LBJ look like Jason Kapono. I suggest you youngins read up on your history before you start with the

And I suggest you to go back and read my first post on this thread so you don't make an ass out of yourself.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-10-2009, 04:47 PM

No kidding, the NBA allowed players to double Shaq when he didn't have the ball, what normally would have been illegal defense. They had to though because Shaq would have been able to score at will if only 1 player was allowed to deny him post position.

Obstructed_View
01-10-2009, 04:51 PM
You still mad 4-1 babeh?

Sure, I'm really angry and bitter. Ya got me, just like the Spurs fan in the other thread finally proved I'm a Laker fan. If I'm mad, it's because Manu wasn't 100 percent, not because Kobe is such a differnece maker at both ends. Sasha was the stud defender in that series, so if that doesn't tell you something then you're suffering a massive case of denial.

Doesn't change the fact that Lebron is actually as good as you guys have been saying Kobe is. The only reason you guys fight it so hard is because you know it's true, and it scares the shit out of you because the Lakers aren't going to win with Kobe leading the way and if he isn't at least the best player in the world, you guys have no reason to get up in the morning.

Obstructed_View
01-10-2009, 04:52 PM
I did mean in the past, and be honest with yourselves. There can't be any logical reason why you hate the Lakers and Kobe with so much passion other than the fact that they have been responsible for dashing any repeat hopes the Spurs have had in the last few years.

Hell you rooted FOR the Celtics over the Lakers last season. That's how deep your hatred is.

I didn't root for anyone, I just hoped whoever lost would do so in humiliating fashion. Fortunately, THE CLOSER was just in time.

DAF86
01-10-2009, 04:56 PM

So the fact that i started a thread saying that Lebron is the best player in the world right now means that Spurs fans hate Kobe?, take your head out of your ass and realize that Raptors, Mavs, Suns, Rockets, Pistons, and even some Lakers fans are agreeing with this steatment. What do they all hate Kobe too?

P.S: I'd much rahter see Kobe than Lebron play, Bryant has a much beatiful game IMO, but that doesn't change the fact that Lebron has a much bigger impact in games.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-10-2009, 04:59 PM

Other than 2008 no Laker team led by Kobe has beaten the Spurs in the playoffs.

And the biggest reason so many fans of other teams hate Kobe IMO is because of how much Laker fans talk about Kobe and get extremely defensive when another player is mentioned in the same sentence as Kobe.

Saying LeBron is better than Kobe isn't this horrendously ridiculous statement some of the Laker faithful act like it is.

baseline bum
01-10-2009, 05:25 PM
So the fact that i started a thread saying that Lebron is the best player in the world right now means that Spurs fans hate Kobe?, take your head out of your ass and realize that Raptors, Mavs, Suns, Rockets, Pistons, and even some Lakers fans are agreeing with this steatment. What do they all hate Kobe too?

P.S: I'd much rahter see Kobe than Lebron play, Bryant has a much beatiful game IMO, but that doesn't change the fact that Lebron has a much bigger impact in games.

Fucking Laker fans are such insecure bitches. You say one good thing about another player and all they do is come and whine about how great their guy is.

sook
01-10-2009, 05:50 PM
lol this is funny.

Lebron is not better than Kobe. Just because Lebron has the ball in his hands all the time and scores more doesn't mean he's better. Kobe lets the game come to him, and his overall approach is more decisive.

peskypesky
01-10-2009, 06:20 PM

Typically a player's athleticism reaches it's peak between the years of 24-26. As I said earlier if you think Lebron's body will hold up when he's 30 to the beating he takes every night then be my guest. I don't see that happening.

I see a player who in the next 3-5 years will be an unstoppable force. Someone who SHOULD win at least one championship and likely multiple MVP's.

:toast

As a Spurs fan, I'm PAINFULLY aware of how unstoppable a force Shaq was in his prime.

peskypesky
01-10-2009, 06:24 PM

Wilt definitely was an incredible force, and his stats are ridiculous, but I think the thing that hurts his reputation is his relative lack of success at winning championships. It's hard when I talk with youngsters and I try to tell them how great Wilt was, and they say, "Well, then how come he only won twice, when Jordan won 6 times and Shaq's won 4 and Tim Duncan's won 4?".

I know basketball is a team game, but when we talk about the greatest ever, the Championship thing seems to carry a lot of weight.

peskypesky
01-10-2009, 06:32 PM

I agree with you that as a Spurs fan, it's hard not to hate Kobe. But guess what? I still vote for him to be an All-Star and I still call him the best SG in the game today.

And it's not just Spurs fans who have been critical of his play. I've heard countless "experts" and even Lakers fans saying that for the Lakers to start winning again, Kobe had to learn to share the ball more and learn how to make his team-mates better. And he has done that. Kobe has matured and become a better player and a team leader. I give him props for that.

That being said, I give Lebron the nod over Kobe due to Lebron's rebounding, blocking and muscular drives to the basket. Kobe fans can counter with Kobe's superior perimeter and FT shooting. I give them that.

It's a close call. No doubt. But i still hate them both! :p:

DazedAndConfused
01-10-2009, 06:40 PM
Kobe can't do anything right. Such is the burden he has had to bear as of the result of being the only real successor to MJ.

How can you follow MJ? He had about as perfect an NBA career as you can have. There is simply no touching that man.

peskypesky
01-10-2009, 06:45 PM
Kobe can't do anything right. Such is the burden he has had to bear as of the result of being the only real successor to MJ.

How can you follow MJ? He had about as perfect an NBA career as you can have. There is simply no touching that man.

Tim Duncan and Shaq are the real successors to Michael Jordan. 4 rings each in the post-Jordan era.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-10-2009, 07:41 PM
lol this is funny.

Just because Lebron has the ball in his hands all the time and scores more doesn't mean he's better.

I guess this is why Kobe is taking more shots than him per game and averaging a grand .5 points less than LeBron this season.

DazedAndConfused
01-10-2009, 07:44 PM
Tim Duncan and Shaq are the real successors to Michael Jordan. 4 rings each in the post-Jordan era.

Tim Duncan and Shaq are POST PLAYERS. God damn you're dumb. Fucking stop drinking tap water over there in SA, I'm pretty sure they don't clean that shit.

DAF86
01-10-2009, 07:49 PM
lol this is funny.

Lebron is not better than Kobe. Just because Lebron has the ball in his hands all the time and scores more doesn't mean he's better. Kobe lets the game come to him, and his overall approach is more decisive.

Have you even seen Lebron play this year? He's dominating in every aspect of the game, he isn't just a scorer. And by the way Kobe is taking more shots than him but making less points.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-10-2009, 07:53 PM

There will never be a successor to Jordan. Even with the rule changes that Jordan caused because Stern has made it his top priority to find the next Jordan even if it means compromising the integrity of the game, no shooting guard will ever win multiples titles while getting virtually no offense from the PF or C.

Obstructed_View
01-10-2009, 08:32 PM

There are a lot of guys that have followed MJ. As of this point, none of them deserve to be mentioned in the same breath with him either, and at least we as fans of those players are smart enough not to even pretend that there's any comparison. Such is the burden the rest of the NBAs fans have to bear as a result of the delusions of Lakerfan.

DazedAndConfused
01-10-2009, 08:59 PM
Kobe Bryant is the only player that CAN be mentioned in the same breadth as Jordan since he retired.

He's the only player that comes close as far as offensive skills, repertoire, killer instinct, and clutchness go.

Your blind hatred is amusing. Spurs fans are generally classy but I can see so easily how much you hate the Lakers and Phil Jackson for knocking your team out of the playoffs so many times this decade.

4-1 :lmao.

KidCongo
01-10-2009, 11:22 PM
Kobe Bryant is the only player that CAN be mentioned in the same breadth as Jordan since he retired.

He's the only player that comes close as far as offensive skills, repertoire, killer instinct, and clutchness go.

Your blind hatred is amusing. Spurs fans are generally classy but I can see so easily how much you hate the Lakers and Phil Jackson for knocking your team out of the playoffs so many times this decade.

4-1 :lmao.

And LeBron isn't mentioned in the same breath as players such as Oscar Robertson, Magic Johnson and Michael Jordan.

LeBron James is currently a better basketball player than Kobe Bryant.

TheMadHatter
01-11-2009, 01:37 AM
And LeBron isn't mentioned in the same breath as players such as Oscar Robertson, Magic Johnson and Michael Jordan.

LeBron James is currently a better basketball player than Kobe Bryant.

Kobe has been playing at an elite level for over a decade.

We'll see if Lebron has that kind of longevity, I doubt it.

And Lebron will never be mentioned in the same sentence as MJ until he starts winning rings. Getting swept in the Finals is not going to cut it.

Spur-Addict
01-11-2009, 01:42 AM

And Lebron will never be mentioned in the same sentence as MJ until he starts winning rings. Getting swept in the Finals is not going to cut it.

I don't know what footage you've been watching MadHater, but there isn't anything that would indicate he wouldn't outside of a serious injury. He came into the league and played better than Kobe at the same age and has been progressing at a rapid pace.

DazedAndConfused
01-11-2009, 02:22 AM
I don't know what footage you've been watching MadHater, but there isn't anything that would indicate he wouldn't outside of a serious injury. He came into the league and played better than Kobe at the same age and has been progressing at a rapid pace.

His game is still all about his athleticism. IMHO his biggest strength is what will ultimately hinder him when he gets older. Why work on your jumpshot, footwork, post game, etc. when you can just bulldoze your way to the basket for an easy dunk 9/10 times?

Spur-Addict
01-11-2009, 02:24 AM
His game is still all about his athleticism. IMHO his biggest strength is what will ultimately hinder him when he gets older. Why work on your jumpshot, footwork, post game, etc. when you can just bulldoze your way to the basket for an easy dunk 9/10 times?

Do you seriously think that he will not continue to develop his game? Do you think he will not continue to polish his game? If you honestly think this you are delusional. SERIOUSLY.

baseline bum
01-11-2009, 02:31 AM

Really? Because when I bring up the 99 sweep, all Laker fans can tell me is Kobe was just some shadow of himself who wasn't very good and that was the only reason the Spurs won, much less than dominated in that series.

DazedAndConfused
01-11-2009, 02:53 AM
Of course Lebron will develop his game.

But he doesn't have the shooting touch necessary to keep him as effective as he gets older. Kobe has that shooting touch which is why he can still be very effective at the age of 30.

Spur-Addict
01-11-2009, 02:59 AM
Of course Lebron will develop his game.

But he doesn't have the shooting touch necessary to keep him as effective as he gets older. Kobe has that shooting touch which is why he can still be very effective at the age of 30.

And improving your shooting touch isn't apart of developing one's game? Come on sir, lets be real. Furthermore, his shot has been progressing, so the evidence is there. His distance, and tendency to take and make tough jumpers has increased.

01-11-2009, 03:17 AM
lebron is already better than kobe when he was 24. right now i say it's about even. i think lebron has a better court vision than kobe. he manages to get his teammates involved more often. his driving ability far surpasses kobe's and his jumpshot is coming along. bryant is still the better scorer but possesses a lower FG percentage. laker fans can't say lebron's athleticism won't help him when he's thirty because the comparison is in the present.

if you want to talk about the future, lebron in his prime, barring any injuries, with a more developed game + his athleticism will be one of the most dominant players since shaq. lebron has not even reached his full potential yet. surround him with a better team instead of a borderline all star, has beens, and scrub shooters and he will truly dominate. the league has seen how adding one borderline all star on the cavs can impact the team. imagine him actually playing with one or two true all stars. lebron's impact will be compared to shaq and jordan. duncan is also in the equation too because of his four rings but people won't remember him for his utter dominance like shaq and jordan. duncan will likely be remembered for his intelligence, fundamentals, and consistency. oh, i also don't think lebron is the best player in the nba right now. bryant isn't either. it's dwyane wade.

DazedAndConfused
01-11-2009, 03:31 AM
And improving your shooting touch isn't apart of developing one's game? Come on sir, lets be real. Furthermore, his shot has been progressing, so the evidence is there. His distance, and tendency to take and make tough jumpers has increased.

Shooting touch in the NBA is something you either have or you don't.

Many are quick to point that Jordan never had a midrange game until later in his career. That may be true, but he was always a career > 80% F/T shooter. The touch was always there, just never developed because he didn't need to rely on it when he was in his athletic prime.

Can you imagine Lebron trying to manufacture points the way Kobe has to now at the age of 30? To be as effective as Jordan was later in his career and the way Kobe is now requires a whole other level of offensive skill that Lebron does not possess right now. He still does not have a post game despite his humongous advantages in the post.

Spur-Addict
01-11-2009, 03:43 AM
Shooting touch in the NBA is something you either have or you don't.

Many are quick to point that Jordan never had a midrange game until later in his career. That may be true, but he was always a career > 80% F/T shooter. The touch was always there, just never developed because he didn't need to rely on it when he was in his athletic prime.

Can you imagine Lebron trying to manufacture points the way Kobe has to now at the age of 30? To be as effective as Jordan was later in his career and the way Kobe is now requires a whole other level of offensive skill that Lebron does not possess right now. He still does not have a post game despite his humongous advantages in the post.

So players cannot change their shot or form? Players cannot improve upon their ability to shoot from the floor?

A prime example of someone who primarily shot in the paint, but who also expanded their shot is Tony Parker.

Spur-Addict
01-11-2009, 03:46 AM
Parker went from shooting 67% from the line in his rookie season to 80% this year. That's a huge improvement. His jumper improvement isn't up for debate because it just has improved. That's evident whether you like it or not. So it's possible, and it isn't a shot in the dark if you have the tools to do so.

KidCongo
01-11-2009, 07:03 AM

P3Bl2MvTsHs

Armando
01-11-2009, 11:02 AM
:sleep

pauls931
01-11-2009, 01:44 PM
Getting swept in the Finals is not going to cut it.

I attribute that to the east sucking major ass to where any team making the finals that year had not business playing the west. The finals were the Suns vs the Spurs that year...

TheMadHatter
01-11-2009, 01:50 PM
Parker went from shooting 67% from the line in his rookie season to 80% this year. That's a huge improvement. His jumper improvement isn't up for debate because it just has improved. That's evident whether you like it or not. So it's possible, and it isn't a shot in the dark if you have the tools to do so.

Parker definitely improved. But he's still not an elite shooter. It's not something he's comfortable with.

When guarding Parker he must make 2-3 from outside before you need to start guarding him. With MJ and Kobe you simply don't leave them open from the perimeter. Once they get going and in the zone with their shooting it could be too late.

Lebron is an even worse shooter than Parker. Whatever improvements he makes will be marginal at best IMHO. A tiger can't change his stripes, by the time you are 6 years into the NBA you pretty much are who you are.

pauls931
01-11-2009, 02:00 PM
F'in parker's jumper is a big part of them being able to stay on top of the suns, he's improved a lot. Suns adapt to endure duncan and then parker starts hitting outside shots... *sigh*

z0sa
01-11-2009, 05:59 PM
I would honestly say Parker is one of the best midrange jumpshooters in the League. The whole "he has to make 2-3 jumpers before you guard him" thing just doesn't work anymore, and hasn't for quite some time. He is pretty good at open three's as well, but its not part of our offense for him to be shooting three's obviously; we have a shit load of 3pt shooters.

SmellyFeet
01-11-2009, 06:08 PM
I would honestly say Parker is one of the best midrange jumpshooters in the League. The whole "he has to make 2-3 jumpers before you guard him" thing just doesn't work anymore, and hasn't for quite some time. He is pretty good at open three's as well, but its not part of our offense for him to be shooting three's obviously; we have a shit load of 3pt shooters.

Are you fuckin high???!!! "best midrange jumpshooters in the league"???

Talk about homers

DazedAndConfused
01-11-2009, 06:48 PM
Parker is an acceptable midrange shooter.

But he is by no means the best or even close to the best. If I'm drawing up my gameplan I'm giving Parker the midrange jumper until he proves he can make them.

KidCongo
01-11-2009, 07:12 PM
Parker definitely improved. But he's still not an elite shooter. It's not something he's comfortable with.

When guarding Parker he must make 2-3 from outside before you need to start guarding him. With MJ and Kobe you simply don't leave them open from the perimeter. Once they get going and in the zone with their shooting it could be too late.

Lebron is an even worse shooter than Parker. Whatever improvements he makes will be marginal at best IMHO. A tiger can't change his stripes, by the time you are 6 years into the NBA you pretty much are who you are.

Best player in the league so that's ok.

dirk4mvp
01-11-2009, 07:19 PM
Michael Jordan wasn't know for his midrange fadeaway J 6 years into his career.

DazedAndConfused
01-11-2009, 08:03 PM
Michael Jordan wasn't know for his midrange fadeaway J 6 years into his career.

I've already addressed this. Please learn how to read.

JoeTait75
01-11-2009, 08:07 PM
Whatever improvements he makes will be marginal at best IMHO. A tiger can't change his stripes, by the time you are 6 years into the NBA you pretty much are who you are.

No reason LeBron can't develop a back-to-the-basket game as his career progresses- or a hook shot like the one Magic (who also wasn't a natural shooter) developed. You're underestimating his aptitude and basketball IQ if you assume he won't make any improvements to his game.

Allanon
01-11-2009, 08:11 PM
Give me Kobe any time to win a game.

With the Pacers game-winner, Kobe tied Jordan's record of game winning shots. I think it's pretty safe to say Kobe will have more game-winning shots than even His Airness by the time he's done.

LeBron has a long ways to go in this department.

DazedAndConfused
01-11-2009, 08:14 PM
No reason LeBron can't develop a back-to-the-basket game as his career progresses- or a hook shot like the one Magic (who also wasn't a natural shooter) developed. You're underestimating his aptitude and basketball IQ if you assume he won't make any improvements to his game.

When MJ came into the league he averaged nearly 85% from the F/T line. His shooting touch was already there. Transitioning to the midrange game was relatively painless for him because he was already a pretty good shooter. It was just a matter of practice for him.

Let's look at Lebron. He came in averaging around 75% from the F/T line and actually got progressively worse the next 3 seasons shooting 74%, 69%, and 71%. He's finally shooting around 78% this season which marks the first time in his career where he has improved upon his percentages since coming into the league. Lebron's problem is more than just practice. It's shooting mechanics and form. That is a far more serious problem to address at this stage in his career.

I've been around the NBA for a long time. Players typically don't change who they are after 5-6 seasons in the NBA. It just doesn't happen that often.

SmellyFeet
01-11-2009, 08:29 PM
I love kobe's nuts as much as any of you lakers fans,

But all this talk about how lebron will not improve is just wishful thinking on your part. You just can't stand him to become better than kobe, can't you?

Stop bringing shit like "shooting touch", lebron has greatly improved his ft% and mid range game a lot, who'se to say he won't improve it even more?

endrity
01-11-2009, 08:35 PM
I do agree with D&C though that LBJ mechanichs are just bad. All of the great shooters have some "imperfection" to their mechanics, guys like Peja or Reggie come to mind. But LeBron's are just bad. However, most basketball guys that I know tell me that learning how to shoot isn't that difficult of a thing, with practice everyone can improve, and LeBron has. Now, is he gonna be MJ level? Probably not, but as everyone has said, LeBron doesn't have to have the skills of a Kobe or MJ. His physical attributes alone make him one of the most unique players the game has ever seen.

z0sa
01-11-2009, 08:36 PM
Are you fuckin high???!!! "best midrange jumpshooters in the league"???

Talk about homers

Uh, no. The other guy is a Suns fan first off - the anti-Spurfan. This isn't 2004 Parker anymore. His jumpshot is tremendously improved, again one of the best in the L.

dirk4mvp
01-11-2009, 08:37 PM
I've already addressed this. Please learn how to read.

All I see from Lakerfans is how good Kobe's dick tasts. I dont' care to read that.

SmellyFeet
01-11-2009, 08:38 PM
All I see from Lakerfans is how good Kobe's dick tasts. I dont' care to read that.

It tastes great. Best cock I ever tasted.

z0sa
01-11-2009, 08:38 PM
Parker is an acceptable midrange shooter.

But he is by no means the best or even close to the best. If I'm drawing up my gameplan I'm giving Parker the midrange jumper until he proves he can make them.

:huh He already proved that back in the 2007 Finals.

dirk4mvp
01-11-2009, 08:39 PM
Uh, no. The other guy is a Suns fan first off - the anti-Spurfan. This isn't 2004 Parker anymore. His jumpshot is tremendously improved, again one of the best in the L.

:rollin

Rogue
01-11-2009, 08:42 PM
Lebron is not that bad at shooting though he misses some shots frequently. He always hit the 3s when his team needs his points urgently.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-11-2009, 08:43 PM
Give me Kobe and Shaq any time to win a game.

fixed.

Allanon
01-11-2009, 08:53 PM
fixed.

Nah, Kobe will win without Shaq this year. It's not just coincidence that Kobe is tied with Jordan in game winners.

We'll see who has the will to win this year, Kobe or LeBron or <insert your favorite player here>. Whoever holds the ring at the end of the year is the winner, the other the loser.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-11-2009, 08:57 PM
Nah, Kobe will win without Shaq this year.

And if he does I'll be the first to say Kobe > LeBron.