PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant, Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, and LeBron James aren't MVP candidates

SpursDynasty
01-10-2009, 07:46 PM
I can't believe these guys are considered in the top five in the MVP race. This is more of like who gives ESPN the most highlight reels, rather than who actually is valuable to their team and makes everyone around them better.

Kobe Bryant...last I remembered, he has failed in his last two NBA Finals trips, wanted Andrew Bynum to be traded until Pau Gasol showed up and saved his sinking Lakers, and pretty much didn't do shit to carry his team to greatness from Shaq's departure to Gasol's arrival. His Lakers teams won 34, 45, and 42 games until Gasol arrived. Hmm, something looks fishy here...if the Lakers weren't doing anything until Gasol arrived, then that means Gasol should be the MVP, not Kobe. So if anything, to call Kobe an MVP candidate is a slap in the face to Pau Gasol. Because without Gasol, the Lakers are shit, right? Kobe is not in the MVP race nor is Gasol, but if anyone on the Lakers deserves the MVP, it's Gasol.

Chris Paul has a solid team, but is still a joke player who flops too much and choked last year when they had homecourt advantage. 38 wins and then 39 wins in Chris Paul's two first seasons..I don't know, that doesn't sound like an MVP type of player. MVP's make their team better, not keep them the same. He gets a lot of credit for his assists, but assists are some of the most misleading stats....they pretty much mean you pass the ball a lot. Wow it must be so hard to see who's closest to the hoop and then pass it to them to get a bullshit assist.

Dwight Howard...not much to be said here other than this guy is a waste of space in the NBA. 36, 36, and 40 wins for Orlando in his first three seasons. Again, not an MVP type player. I believe he even got swept two years in a row in the playoffs. Then he put on a Superman cape and tossed the ball through the hoop, not reaching the rim with his hands, and called it a dunk. That slam dunk award is the only award he'll be getting in his career. Easily the worst #1 draft pick in the history of the league.

LeBron James..just because he wears 23 doesn't mean he's the next MJ nor does it makes his abilities similar to MJ's. Last I remember, he choked in his Finals appearance. Yeah, good going there. That Finals was also the lowest rated Finals in NBA history, shows you how many people actually care to watch the LeBron trash that ESPN throws at us every week. His high scoring comes from the fact that he's a ballhog and takes the most shots. If you take more shots, you make more shots. No MVP-skill required to do that.

Who's the MVP? Dwayne Wade, or Tim Duncan.

DAF86
01-10-2009, 07:56 PM
LeBron James..just because he wears 23 doesn't mean he's the next MJ nor does it makes his abilities similar to MJ's. Last I remember, he choked in his Finals appearance. Yeah, good going there. That Finals was also the lowest rated Finals in NBA history, shows you how many people actually care to watch the LeBron trash that ESPN throws at us every week. His high scoring comes from the fact that he's a ballhog and takes the most shots. If you take more shots, you make more shots. No MVP-skill required to do that.

Who's the MVP? Dwayne Wade, or Tim Duncan.

Dwayne Wade FG Attemps per game: 21.7

Lebron James FG Attemps per game: 19.1

Bob Lanier
01-10-2009, 07:59 PM
Who is Dwayne Wade?

JoeTait75
01-10-2009, 08:14 PM
One fiasco of a thread after another that blows up in his face, but he just keeps coming. You've got to admire the tenacity.

DAF86
01-10-2009, 08:15 PM
One fiasco of a thread after another that blows up in his face, but he just keeps coming. You've got to admire the tenacity.

I loved how he didn't even try to defend his position after beign exposed like that, I guess there's some hope after all.

m33p0
01-10-2009, 08:17 PM
they aren't? :wow

Lakers_55
01-10-2009, 08:20 PM
I can't believe these guys are considered the top five in the MVP race.

Topic is Kobe Bryant, Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, and LeBron James aren't MVP candidates. That's four men. Can you count?

Chieflion
01-10-2009, 08:27 PM
This is one funny piece of shit.

Lakers_55
01-10-2009, 08:41 PM
Topic is Kobe Bryant, Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, and LeBron James aren't MVP candidates. That's four men. Can you count?

ahh damn, you edited your post, lol. tell tale sign of this is given at bottom of your post.

DAF86
01-10-2009, 08:46 PM
The MVP should be the guy who not only leads his teams in victories, but should be as clutch as they come, but also should have more tricks in his bag than anyone else.

Since when? There's no doubt that from 2000 to 2002 Shaq was the best player in the league and he didn't have a lot of tricks in his bag nor he was clutch, but he was without a question the most dominant player in the world.

Stop trying to make things up to defend Kobe's case.

Lakers_55
01-10-2009, 09:09 PM
I don't care who wins the MVP. I do care who wins the LOB.

lil_penny
01-10-2009, 09:18 PM
I don't know why you mentioned kobe, cp3, howard. they have no chance of a m.v.p. with lebron playing the way he is.. wade is 2nd in the mv.v.p. race as far as I'm concerned the rest of them are a far 3rd. Kobe had his chance at some m.v.p.s got one wich will be his only by the time he's done.

DAF86
01-10-2009, 09:26 PM
Get your head out of your ass man. Shaq has never, I mean never been the best player in the league. I would never give the MVP to a guy who needs other players to bell him out during the clutch moments of the game. Just goes to show how easily people are manipulated.

Sorry but if you trully bealive that Shaq was never the best player in the league then I can't take your BB opinions serious anymore.

ClingingMars
01-10-2009, 09:33 PM
First, it was Duncan, but hes too boring and ugly.

:lmao Duncan's so good, lakerfans have to make up shit to diss him

-Mars

scanry
01-10-2009, 09:36 PM
Sorry but if you trully bealive that Shaq was never the best player in the league then I can't take your BB opinions serious anymore.

He's not Laker fan, more like a Kobe cocksucker.

As i mentioned earlier.

Kobe was the best player for maybe 2 or 3 years. Don't let it fool you that without Shaq, he'd have as many rings as Lebron, Dirk, Nash, Barkley & Malone combined.

Period of dominance:

1985-1998: Jordan :whine
1998-1999: Duncan :hat
2000-2002: Shaq
2002-2005: Duncan
2006-2008: Kobe
2009-2Xxx: James

JoeTait75
01-10-2009, 09:40 PM
Period of dominance:

1985-1998: Jordan :whine
1998-1999: Duncan :hat
2000-2002: Shaq
2002-2005: Duncan
2006-2008: Kobe
2009-2Xxx: James

I'd put Hakeem in there for 1994-95 when MJ was playing baseball. Somehow would try and squeeze in AI right around the turn of the century; he was inch-for-inch the best player in the game at the time IMO and carried an otherwise mediocre team to the Finals. Other than that, solid list.

cobbler
01-10-2009, 09:42 PM
Kobe Bryant...last I remembered, he has failed in his last two NBA Finals trips, wanted Andrew Bynum to be traded until Pau Gasol showed up and saved his sinking Lakers, and pretty much didn't do shit to carry his team to greatness from Shaq's departure to Gasol's arrival. His Lakers teams won 34, 45, and 42 games until Gasol arrived. Hmm, something looks fishy here...if the Lakers weren't doing anything until Gasol arrived, then that means Gasol should be the MVP, not Kobe. So if anything, to call Kobe an MVP candidate is a slap in the face to Pau Gasol. Because without Gasol, the Lakers are shit, right? Kobe is not in the MVP race nor is Gasol, but if anyone on the Lakers deserves the MVP, it's Gasol.

Yet another failure and distortion of the facts. The Lakers were in first place in the western conference prior to both Bynums injury and Gasol's arrival.

Regardless of the Douchbag of SpursTalk post, The 3 that deserve MVP consideration at this point in time are LBJ, Wade, and Kobe. Wade played the best ball in the olympics and IMO is also right now. He wont get MVP because his teams record wont warrant it. Just like Kobe didnt get them when he had far superior years to Nash. Lebron is playing great ball as is Kobe. Kobe is actually having his best shooting year of his career and is indeed playing "team ball". LBJ is also having a career year and has always played team ball. If either team falters or pulls away from the other record wise, that will be the defining parameter.

scanry
01-10-2009, 09:45 PM
I'd put Hakeem in there for 1994-95 when MJ was playing baseball. Somehow would try and squeeze in AI right around the turn of the century; he was inch-for-inch the best player in the game at the time IMO and carried an otherwise mediocre team to the Finals. Other than that, solid list.

Jordan was easily the best player even in 1994-1995. He was that good.

BTW Rockets fans, you wouldn't have one freaking banner if it weren't for Jordan kidding around in Minor league baseball for 2 years.:lol

BlackBellamy
01-10-2009, 09:51 PM
Man, no more threads like these. I am getting f*cking tired of having to agree with Lakers fans.
(However, Tim SHOULD always be in the running)

BlackBellamy
01-10-2009, 10:02 PM
Stop hugging Jordan's nuts you cockhound. How could the man be the MVP when he was retired. Give Hakeem his due. He had the greatest playoff performances of any player in history... including Jordan.

I'd never seen D-Rob more frustrated than when "The Dream" was on the court. I mean he could handle young Mutumbo and Shaq more, but Hakeem gave us fits. As a kid I remember cursing "the dream shake". Straight baller! He might have the best footwork for a seven footer in the league ever.

cobbler
01-10-2009, 10:05 PM

BTW Rockets fans, you wouldn't have one freaking banner if it weren't for Jordan kidding around in Minor league baseball for 2 years.:lol

Do you honestly think he chose to play baseball on his own? He wasn't kidding around. It was go on hiatus for a year or two or get suspended and tarnish that media and nike hyped reputation.

BlackBellamy
01-10-2009, 10:08 PM
Do you honestly think he chose to play baseball on his own? He wasn't kidding around. It was go on hiatus for a year or two or get suspended and tarnish that media and nike hyped reputation.

Wait, my memory fails me. Why would he have had to face suspension if he didn't take a B-Ball sabbatical?

baseline bum
01-10-2009, 10:13 PM
Wait, my memory fails me. Why would he have had to face suspension if he didn't take a B-Ball sabbatical?

Jordan had a major gambling problem. The hype from Jordan's retirement and baseball career kept the media from asking too many questions about his gambling.

BlackBellamy
01-10-2009, 10:17 PM
Jordan had a major gambling problem. The hype from Jordan's retirement and baseball career kept the media from asking too many questions about his gambling.

Scandalous. I might have been a bit young to have been told something so reprehensible about a hero. I remember his father was shot at an ATM or something, wonder if the gambling was related?

scanry
01-10-2009, 10:18 PM

Exactly it was as if Stern forced Jordan to retire.

The media was too stuck up to move. The "When will Jordan return" hype was way off the charts those two years.

scanry
01-10-2009, 10:20 PM
Stop hugging Jordan's nuts you cockhound. How could the man be the MVP when he was retired. Give Hakeem his due. He had the greatest playoff performances of any player in history... including Jordan.

As i seem to recall you have Kobe's two nuts in your mouth. :nope:nope

And the worst part about it is when you jack off all over this forum. :bang:bang:bang

baseline bum
01-10-2009, 10:31 PM
Scandalous. I might have been a bit young to have been told something so reprehensible about a hero. I remember his father was shot at an ATM or something, wonder if the gambling was related?

Nah, his father was murdered while sleeping in his car on the side of the highway. I won't speculate as to whether it was anything more than a random robbery though.

m33p0
01-11-2009, 12:13 AM
None of these allstars should be listed in the same category as Kobe. This is a lame attempt to dwarf Kobe's world wide recognition as the worlds greatest player. The league has done everything they could to try and find a face of the NBA besides Kobe.

Second, it was Iverson, but no one likes crybabies and players that hate to practice.

Third, it was Carter, and he was afraid of the pressure moments.

Fourth, it was Carter's cousin TMAC, fear of pressure moments also ran in his blood.

Fifth, it was Dirk, and his backbone was just too weak to carry a team.

Now its Wade, James, CP3, and Howard, and Hoaward should not even be discussed... so I wont mention him ever again as anything but an allstar.

Wade is not quite there and shouldnt be mentioned as an MVP because there are quite a few players in this league who can lead the league in scoring, touch fouls, injuries and turnovers at the same time. So hes out!!! By the way , he cries... I mean literally... so hes out!!!

CP3 is a legite candidate, but lacks the superstar quality and also is faced with two mountains to climb in the Lakers and Spurs.

James is only recieving votes because of his hot dog mentality. He has the mindset that he either wants to shoot the ball, or be the one getting the assist.

The MVP should be the guy who not only leads his teams in victories, but should be as clutch as they come, but also should have more tricks in his bag than anyone else.

That person today is none other than Kobe

Its obvious that the voters of this award have a somewhat scewed idea of what an MVP is, because look at some of the recent winners... Nash twice!!! Dirk!!! Karl Malone in a year that Jordan was a God!!! These voters are doing their best to try and make this an equal opportunity award. If this is what this award has become, then lets give it guys like Granger, Bosh, Roy, Pierce, and the many other B-list players that have a good month or two.

By the way, giving this award to any other player than Kobe is like giving an Oscar to Halle Berry.

tell me something. do you put lipstick on before you shove kobe's cock down your throat?

angelbelow
01-11-2009, 12:50 AM
those cant really be your arguments on why they shouldnt be mvp candidates can it?

Kobe™
01-11-2009, 05:15 AM
I love how you fail to mention that Pau Gasol never won a playoff game before coming to L.A.
Anyways LeBron is clearly the MVP ATM.

Armando
01-11-2009, 11:28 AM
Who is Dwayne Wade?

Go watch games from the 2006 ECF. You can get the entire series on dvd from NBA.com.

Armando
01-11-2009, 11:32 AM
I go with Wade for MVP. He is everything for that team. Is nothing short of amazing that he has them in the playoff chase with a rookie point guard and no actual center outside of Magloire. Can you imagine that roster without Wade? But knowing the press they won't resist giving it to LeBron.

JoeTait75
01-11-2009, 12:36 PM
I go with Wade for MVP. He is everything for that team. Is nothing short of amazing that he has them in the playoff chase with a rookie point guard and no actual center outside of Magloire. Can you imagine that roster without Wade? But knowing the press they won't resist giving it to LeBron.

:rolleyes

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-11-2009, 12:47 PM

Whatever you say Amare.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-11-2009, 12:49 PM

Agreed. I'm SUUUUUUUUUUUUUURE he thought this when Shaq was on the Lakers. I'll bet he was doing cart wheels when Shaq was traded.

pauls931
01-11-2009, 01:16 PM
The title has SD written all over it, God Bless you!

That said, I think it may come down to Kobe and Lebron. Yes, I'm hanging from leb's sack. I first saw him as a ball hogging iverson type, but over the last couple years see that he is probably going to be one of the most dominating players in NBA history. He's so flexible, they can fit Ben Wallace and a couple scrubs into the starting lineup and still win. The last player that could do that wore #23.

Galileo
01-11-2009, 01:55 PM

Hakeem was better than Jordan. That's why he was drafted first. Jordan was weak on rebounding, shot-blocking and defense.

Hakeem had a winning record against Jordan.

endrity
01-11-2009, 08:49 PM
Hakeem was better than Jordan. That's why he was drafted first. Jordan was weak on rebounding, shot-blocking and defense.

Hakeem had a winning record against Jordan.

6-2, with the two coming when Jordan wasn't playing. Hakeem, might have been better than MJ for those two years, but that was it.
I will admitt though, that for that two year period, Hakeem hit a peak that was incredibly high. If he was judged on those two years alone, you could argue convincingly that he is the best center ever.

Rogue
01-11-2009, 08:59 PM
I would like to contend the MVP if they were not contenders.