Kurt Warner and Shaun Alexander

for

Drew Bledsoe and Marshall Faulk.

coz
08-28-2003, 06:05 PM
No

Warner/Alexander >> Bledsoe/Faulk

Reasons:

Bledsoe is a beginning of the year QB, and he also has the Dolphins and Pats in his division, two notoriously good pass defenses. Once the season changes in Buffalo, Bledsoes numbers will drop. You've got to look at how you will win in the playoffs in FFL IMO, and Bledsoe is not the guy to do it.

Also, Faulk won't play in all 16 games this season. Scenario A: Warner and the Rams come back to life and dominate their weak division, Marshall is held back in last 3 games. Scenario B: Marshall suffers nagging injuries throughout the season, highly likely when you look at Marshalls past. He only has 3 seasons where he played every game in his entire career.

Warner will be sharp this year. He'll provide plenty of points on his end. Alexander is more of a stretch, but you have to look at his improvements. The Seahawks say that Alexander will be more involved in the passing game. Shaun also has a great O Line, and offensive firepower. He is a durable back who will get EVERY carry. Shaun has great potential this year looking at his very weak schedule.

my opinion, stick with Warner/Alexander. Of course, it is fantasy, I could be 100% wrong.

SAmikeyp
08-28-2003, 06:15 PM
so if you are the team with Faulk and Bledsoe and someone offers you that....you take it?

Patrick Davis
08-28-2003, 07:25 PM
I'd have to say that Warner and Alexander are better, even with my hatred of warner.

granted i pulled off

warner, green and muhhomed for eddie george.

coz
08-28-2003, 11:37 PM
"Faulk and Bledsoe and someone offers you that....you take it?"

I would take it, but this person might be overvalueing Faulk a bit. See if you can squeeze another upgrade somewhere. Bledsoe will play like you made a mistake in the early season, but come November, you'll be a lot happier with Warner. I would tell the trader that Bledsoe = Warner, and Faulk > Alexander; and try to get a coveted backup WR, TE, or D.

IcemanCometh
08-29-2003, 02:40 AM
**** yes

kurt warner sucks
and shaun alexander is over-rated

SAmikeyp
08-29-2003, 12:38 PM
^^^that signature line is hilarious. :wacko

exstatic
09-06-2003, 08:13 PM
Alexander had like 3 great games and 13 sucky ones last year. Even if Faulk is hurt, he will out produce Shaun over the course fo the year.

Warner is probably a good bet, though. Tough call on the trade.

coz
09-07-2003, 12:00 AM
Alexander had an off year and he still was like the number 6 point producer. Don't get too sour on a player after one off year. Seattle has offensive weapons, Alexander doesn't share carries with anyone, Holmgren promises Alexander will be more involved in the passing game, Seattle has one of the easiest schedules against the run this year, he is still a very young man, and he is one of the most talented runners in the game.

A few known fantasy tips:

Take WR's in their third year, they always produce.

Buy low, sell high.

The stud RB for the year is never the guy who did it the year before.

Don't draft Fragile Taylor, no matter how tempting.