PDA

View Full Version : NBA Fan Night

ManuTP9
01-11-2009, 01:41 AM
this tuesday is Rockets vs Lakers, not that it bothers me that much because i only watch Laker games when they face the Spurs but do you guys think the NBA Fan Night is a little rigged? i mean every tuesday its somone vs the Lakers, everyone doesnt like the lakers so i dont know how they always get picked. i always vote for diffrent teams and its the same thing everytime.

Reck
01-11-2009, 02:07 AM
I also find it wierd that this is like the second or third time in a row that Lakers win this so call "Vote."

cobbler
01-11-2009, 02:34 AM
It's not a real tough concept to grasp. The Lakers are the most popular team in then NBA. It's not just Laker fans voting either. I would be willing to bet more teams sellout their home games against the Lakers than any other opponent. Not only do you get the popular vote... but you get the hater vote as well they are hoping to see the Lakers fall.

cobbler
01-11-2009, 02:35 AM
this tuesday is Rockets vs Lakers, not that it bothers me that much because i only watch Laker games when they face the Spurs but do you guys think the NBA Fan Night is a little rigged? i mean every tuesday its somone vs the Lakers, everyone doesnt like the lakers so i dont know how they always get picked. i always vote for diffrent teams and its the same thing everytime.

Rigged? Now your sounding like a Suns fan when they play your spurs. :lmao

...and besides, YOUR particular vote doesn't count.

lil_penny
01-11-2009, 03:14 AM
Lakers every fan night is like yi getting voted as a starter most of america doesn't wanna see it. But until people start voting against it nothing will change.

Many PackYao
01-11-2009, 03:24 AM
The ones responsible other than L.A area fans are those bandwagoning Laker douche fans you see at your team's home games doning those Lakers jerseys because it's cool to root against the home team.What a bunch of trendy fags!

cobbler
01-11-2009, 05:11 AM
The ones responsible other than L.A area fans are those bandwagoning Laker douche fans you see at your team's home games doning those Lakers jerseys because it's cool to root against the home team.What a bunch of trendy fags!

Can you blame em? It's not like living in Houston and rooting for the Rockets would be desirable. Sooner or later... you get tired of losing and go for a winner!:lmao

I guarantee you will see a lot more Laker Jerseys at a Houston home game that Rockets jerseys at a Lakers game. It's not so trendy as it has always been that way. The only thing trendy is the Chinese adoration of the Rockets.

DANILO DRASKOVIC
01-11-2009, 05:22 AM
One of the most popular teams in the world, from one of the most populated cities in the world, with one of the most popular players in the world

Allanon
01-11-2009, 05:38 AM
Kobe is the most popular player in the world...I've been to China, Phillipines, Korea...it's all Kobe. There's some variety in Europe but I still see alot of Kobe jerseys there.

Lakers are the most visited team on NBA.com (both worldiwide and USA only visitors) per some stats the NBA put out last year.

I'm personally tired of seeing the Lakers on NBATV...I already get the games on Fox Sports or KCAL, I'd rather watch a different team on NBATV.

They should remove the Lakers from the Fan Night ballot for a month at least.

Many PackYao
01-11-2009, 06:12 AM
Can you blame em? It's not like living in Houston and rooting for the Rockets would be desirable. Sooner or later... you get tired of losing and go for a winner!:lmao

I guarantee you will see a lot more Laker Jerseys at a Houston home game that Rockets jerseys at a Lakers game. It's not so trendy as it has always been that way. The only thing trendy is the Chinese adoration of the Rockets.
I don't give a fuck if they win or not, I'll always be Rockets fan meanwhile those bandwagon fans will dump the Lakers when they start sucking ass and hop on some other team's bandwagon.:rolleyes

Chieflion
01-11-2009, 07:24 AM
They pick the Lakers and Cavs every week.-Charles Barkley

sook
01-11-2009, 09:16 AM
I don't give a fuck if they win or not, I'll always be Rockets fan meanwhile those bandwagon fans will dump the Lakers when they start sucking ass and hop on some other team's bandwagon.:rolleyes

same here, after the dream yrs its been really tough, i congratulate anyone and myself for sticking to the team. We have got to change the nasty uniforms though:p:

RsxPiimp
01-11-2009, 10:33 AM
i dont know why this is such a surprise. lebron and kobe are the leagues most popular player.

lakers in particular has been the biggest draw even after shaq left. in 05-06,06-07, they lead the league in attendance in road games. kobe's starpower is undeniable. people would love to see him either fail or succeed. eitherway he gains massive interests.

its why you hear an overwhelming mvp chants for kobe all through, practically in every arena (except san antonio,utah and philadelphia). because you have kobe fanbois scattered accross the nation.

Armando
01-11-2009, 11:11 AM
Personally I voted for Hawks/Suns.

SpursDynasty
01-11-2009, 03:45 PM
It's either the Lakers (7 times) or Cavs (3 times) games that they show for this although the very first one was Houston vs. Boston which turned out to be a shit game thanks to shit Houston.

crc21209
01-11-2009, 04:43 PM
Yeah the NBA Fan Night vote is complete bs and trash. It could be a damn pee wee team from Hondo against the Lakers and it would get voted in.

Brazil
01-11-2009, 05:45 PM
Kobe is the most popular player in the world...I've been to China, Phillipines, Korea...it's all Kobe. There's some variety in Europe but I still see alot of Kobe jerseys there.

I'm living in Brazil, I'm french, I have worked in Spain and UK, 1) NBA jerseys in Europe ? 2) Kobe ? I've never ever seen a kobe jersey. Anyway in Europe and South America it's all about soccer.

layupdrill
01-11-2009, 06:14 PM
It's not a real tough concept to grasp. The Lakers are the most popular team in then NBA. It's not just Laker fans voting either. I would be willing to bet more teams sellout their home games against the Lakers than any other opponent. Not only do you get the popular vote... but you get the hater vote as well they are hoping to see the Lakers fall.

That sums it up right there. If the NFL had something like this, we would see the Cowboys, or Patriots(with healthy Tom Brady) every Monday night.

Allanon
01-11-2009, 06:50 PM
I'm living in Brazil, I'm french, I have worked in Spain and UK, 1) NBA jerseys in Europe ? 2) Kobe ? I've never ever seen a kobe jersey. Anyway in Europe and South America it's all about soccer.

I worked in Europe (Moscow/Greece) for about 2 years and it's true that soccer is the number 1 sport. But if you go to basketball sporting events, the only jersey I see are the Euro player ones and Kobe. And Kobe is also in the sports news over there too...I saw him on television news a few times.

I don't know about South America, never been there.

Brazil
01-11-2009, 07:48 PM
I worked in Europe (Moscow/Greece) for about 2 years and it's true that soccer is the number 1 sport. But if you go to basketball sporting events, the only jersey I see are the Euro player ones and Kobe. And Kobe is also in the sports news over there too...I saw him on television news a few times.

I don't know about South America, never been there.

Indeed if you want to see the most BB countries in Europe you problaby go to Greece and Russia, for the rest the number of NBA jerseys you can see is equivalent to the number of 3 points of Shaq during his career.

For South America you can see some Manu jerseys in Argentina.