PDA

View Full Version : Which team gets the better deal in this trade?

Girasuck
01-11-2009, 09:39 AM
Jazz get...

Richard Hamilton
Jason Maxiell

Pistons get...

Carlos Boozer
Ronnie Brewer

sook
01-11-2009, 09:53 AM
LOL....the jazz obviously.

What the jazz have lacked is a true SG, the have legit PFs and PGs they just need a versatile SG like hamilton. Millsap is better than boozer b.c of his defense and maxiel is a monster on the boards, high energy guy off the bench.

Btw...why does detroit do this?

Also on a sidenote, where did you get such a cool avatar?

sonic21
01-11-2009, 10:11 AM
jazz

SpursIndonesia
01-11-2009, 10:39 AM
Talentwise, the trade is about even, but purposewise, the Jazz has the upperhand, no doubt.

Rogue
01-11-2009, 08:57 PM
Boozer is pretty good a player but he has decided to opt out his contract and ask for more, and he is still sidelined with his injury that has shown no sign to be cured of. I bet the package of Battier and landry from houston is more attractive to pistons.

endrity
01-11-2009, 09:22 PM
On talent, Jazz. But if the Pistons are rebuilding, and they want an expiring contract it might be a good place to start.

Vinnie_Johnson
01-11-2009, 10:36 PM
On talent, Jazz. But if the Pistons are rebuilding, and they want an expiring contract it might be a good place to start.

Pistons don't need an expiring contract they already will have plenty of jack next year without AI and Sheed. The Pistons will need a SG next year and his name is Rip. Now if you want to work out a trade for Max he can be had because we have a younger version in Amir.

Chieflion
01-12-2009, 04:45 AM
Pistons do this for more capspace and hope that something ridiculous happens like Kobe opting out of his contract.

Darrin
01-12-2009, 02:19 PM
Jazz get...

Richard Hamilton
Jason Maxiell

Pistons get...

Carlos Boozer
Ronnie Brewer

As a Pistons fan, I would do that in a heartbeat. That solves the trouble brewing over Hamilton, it solidifies the guard positions for this season and beyond, and the Pistons acquire a long-term replacement for Rasheed Wallace. Perfect.

As for Utah, it's fine. They still have Paul Millsap and Hamilton/Williams would become my new favorite backcourt. Hamilton goes to a team that run him off screens all day long.

xtremesteven33
01-12-2009, 02:22 PM
man i wish the Spurs could get Rasheed Wallace

Darrin
01-12-2009, 02:34 PM
man i wish the Spurs could get Rasheed Wallace

That would be great as well. I say Manu and a draft pick for Rasheed's expiring contract. Wallace becomes the next Robert Horry!

xtremesteven33
01-12-2009, 02:41 PM
That would be great as well. I say Manu and a draft pick for Rasheed's expiring contract. Wallace becomes the next Robert Horry!

Wallace >>>>>> Horry

Darrin
01-12-2009, 02:45 PM
Wallace >>>>>> Horry

Yes. I was talking about his role. He can step out and make the three. Horry was murder in the postseason with his post defense and rebounding as much as his shot. At least he was in the 2005 NBA Finals. :(

xtremesteven33
01-12-2009, 02:53 PM
Yes. I was talking about his role. He can step out and make the three. Horry was murder in the postseason with his post defense and rebounding as much as his shot. At least he was in the 2005 NBA Finals. :(

alrite. i hear ya....yea they play similar and would have the same role but Wallace is by far the better player.

layupdrill
01-12-2009, 06:18 PM
Why would Detroit do this deal again?

Vinnie_Johnson
01-12-2009, 06:35 PM
As a Pistons fan, I would do that in a heartbeat. That solves the trouble brewing over Hamilton, it solidifies the guard positions for this season and beyond, and the Pistons acquire a long-term replacement for Rasheed Wallace. Perfect.

As for Utah, it's fine. They still have Paul Millsap and Hamilton/Williams would become my new favorite backcourt. Hamilton goes to a team that run him off screens all day long.

But your not a Piston fan so there.:hat

Darrin
01-13-2009, 05:02 PM
But your not a Piston fan so there.:hat

It's 20 years of watching them; it is been tough to quit the mindset.

hater
01-13-2009, 05:35 PM
its a good trade for both