PDA

View Full Version : I want to see a Lakers vs Suns series

DAF86
01-11-2009, 06:18 PM
... In the 1st round of the playoffs. Phoenix could be a hard matchup for Los Angeles. Besides with the recent history (Lakers beign Suns bitches) and the Shaq vs Kobe drama. I think this could be a great and very tight series.

SmellyFeet
01-11-2009, 06:19 PM
... In the 1st round of the playoffs. Phoenix could be a hard matchup for Los Angeles. Besides with the recent history (Lakers beign Suns bitches) and the Shaq vs Kobe drama. I think this could be a great and very tight series.

Are you serious? We own them.

DAF86
01-11-2009, 06:25 PM

Not in the last two playoffs seris that I remember.

SmellyFeet
01-11-2009, 06:26 PM
Not in the last two playoffs seris that I remember.

You gotta stop leaving in the past. We own the west now baby.

DAF86
01-11-2009, 06:28 PM
You ass clown, just come out and admit it. You dont want to face the Lakers. I dont even remember the last time the Suns beat us. Shaq's Suns have never beat the Lakers. I want the Spurs.

I admit it. My dream road to the championship: Thunder, Grizzles, Clippers, Wizards.

Lakers_55
01-11-2009, 06:33 PM
The NBA probably wants to see the matchup. Too early for any team to worry about who they play in round 1. Some are just trying to get there and grab HCA if they can.

DAF86
01-11-2009, 06:37 PM
You gotta stop leaving in the past. We own the west now baby.

I seriously think that the Suns could be a hard matchup for the Lakers.

LA biggest strength (frontcourt) won't be such an advantage against Shaq and Amare, the experience factor is pretty even too in fact I'd give the Suns a slight edge. And Nash is still one of the best PG in the league, so that's why I see a very tight series.

Allanon
01-11-2009, 06:43 PM
The Suns don't matchup well with the Lakers. The Suns have lost to them I think 5-6 straight games now. Pretty much since the first game of the 2007 season.

And I don't recall but I think none of them have been close. It's quite a 180 turnaround from a few years ago when the Suns owned the Lakers.

DAF86
01-11-2009, 06:50 PM
The Suns don't matchup well with the Lakers. The Suns have lost to them I think 5-6 straight games now. Pretty much since the first game of the 2007 season.

And I don't recall but I think none of them have been close. It's quite a 180 turnaround from a few years ago when the Suns owned the Lakers.

The playoffs are a whole diferent story.

cobbler
01-11-2009, 06:52 PM
I seriously think that the Suns could be a hard matchup for the Lakers.

LA biggest strength (frontcourt) won't be such an advantage against Shaq and Amare, the experience factor is pretty even too in fact I'd give the Suns a slight edge. And Nash is still one of the best PG in the league, so that's why I see a very tight series.

The Lakers are the #1 offensive team in the league. The suns defense is horible at best. They have nobody that could guard Kobe. I would love to meet the Suns and send them packing in the 1st round. They barely beat the clippers today and let them score 100 +. Could the Suns pull out a game... maybe two? Possibly. 7 game series... no way!

Allanon

Perhaps. The Playoffs certainly are different.

But even if you talk to Suns fans, they don't want to have anything to do with the Lakers in the Playoffs. I have a cousin that lives in Phoenix and he says his co-workers HATE the Lakers but don't want to play them either.

Lakers and Hornets are the Anti-Suns.

dirk4mvp

Are you serious? Look at the personnel each team had. The Lakers would throttle the Suns.

DAF86
01-11-2009, 06:54 PM
Are you serious? Look at the personnel each team had. The Lakers would throttle the Suns.

I think the Lakers would be favorites but I predict a very close series if these two meet.

dirk4mvp
01-11-2009, 06:55 PM
I think the Lakers would be favorites but I predict a very close series if these two meet.

What evidence do you have that it would be close? The Mavs would have a better chance than the Suns would.

mystargtr34
01-11-2009, 06:56 PM
I would really like to see this series aswell, only because there are so many interesting matchups all over the court. The Lakers won the first matchup with Shaq in the lineup pretty handily but with the way Shaq has been dominant lately i think it would be a lot closer. Add to that Jason Richardson who is a huge upgrade over Bell, every other team has alot more to worry about on that team.

Shaq vs Bynum
Amare vs Pau
Hill vs Ariza
Richardson vs Kobe
Nash vs Fisher

The Suns are probably the only team in the league that has an advantage over the Lakers in the frount court. Kobe would be forced to play on both ends of the court for the first time in a long time, and if Barnes continues to do what hes doing and Barbosa gets back to where he was, they could give the Lakers some real problems.

The Lakers would still go in favourites and probably take the series in 6 games but this Suns team has the potential to be pretty damn good.

DAF86
01-11-2009, 06:57 PM
What evidence do you have that it would be close?

Gasol softness. I don't see him dominating Shaq or Amare. Which means, Kobe'll have to do it all by himself. And we all know that doesn't work most of the times.

dirk4mvp
01-11-2009, 07:00 PM
Gasol softness. I don't see him dominating Shaq or Amare. Which means, Kobe'll have to do it all by himself. And we all know that doesn't work most of the times.

Since they've traded Bell, they hardly have anyone to stay with (clothesline) Kobe. Richardson? :lol Hill? :lol

mystargtr34
01-11-2009, 07:00 PM
What evidence do you have that it would be close? The Mavs would have a better chance than the Suns would.

Suns > Mavs

dirk4mvp
01-11-2009, 07:01 PM
Suns > Mavs

Mavs > Suns > Spurs

mystargtr34
01-11-2009, 07:01 PM
Since they've traded Bell, they hardly have anyone to stay with (clothesline) Kobe. Richardson? :lol Hill? :lol

Matt Barnes. Not exactly a lock down guy, but hes bigger then Kobe and has pretty good quickness.

Besides, Raja Bell was getting torched everytime he faced Kobe since about 2006 so i dont think theyre losing much.

mystargtr34
01-11-2009, 07:02 PM
Mavs > Suns > Spurs

I like your logic.

SmellyFeet
01-11-2009, 07:02 PM
I think the Lakers would be favorites

I'd give the Suns a slight edge

Back paddle much?

dirk4mvp
01-11-2009, 07:03 PM
I like your logic.

Yours makes about as much sense as mine.

dirk4mvp
01-11-2009, 07:05 PM
Matt Barnes. Not exactly a lock down guy, but hes bigger then Kobe and has pretty good quickness.

Besides, Raja Bell was getting torched everytime he faced Kobe since about 2006 so i dont think theyre losing much.

Who?

If Bell, a guy who's a significantly better defender than Richardson, Hill, or Barnes was getting torched, these other guys just don't stand a chance.

DAF86
01-11-2009, 07:08 PM
Back paddle much?

Did somebody teach you to read?

the experience factor is pretty even too in fact I'd give the Suns a slight edge.

SmellyFeet
01-11-2009, 07:09 PM
Did somebody teach you to read?

You is still dumb. We own the suns.

DAF86
01-11-2009, 07:12 PM
The Mavs would have a better chance than the Suns would.

The Mavs don't have a chance against the Lakers

dirk4mvp
01-11-2009, 07:12 PM
The Mavs don't have a chance against the Lakers

Better chance than the Suns.

mystargtr34
01-11-2009, 07:14 PM
Who?

If Bell, a guy who's a significantly better defender than Richardson, Hill, or Barnes was getting torched, these other guys just don't stand a chance.

Im not so sure that todays Bell is that much better than Barnes. He was reliant on his toughness and quickness to limit Kobe because hes only 6'5". Kobe has been abusing smaller defenders his entire career, its the ones with a height/size advantage who have length that have generally given him problems.

Its on the other end of the court that the Suns will benefit. Kobe will be forced to work against Richardson, that can only be a good thing for the Suns.

DAF86
01-11-2009, 07:14 PM

I give you my opinion, Why do you think the Mavs have more chance against the Lakers than the Suns?

turiaf for president
01-11-2009, 07:15 PM
in contrast to other laker fans, i agree with the OP. if the suns stay healthy, they have a sick lineup to combat the lakers. shaq and amare can match up on drew and pau, nash and j rich can equal out kobe and fisher, and barbosa, barnes, and co are a serviceable bench for the suns. the difference tho is the lakers have kobe who can close games, and pau and drew are excellent FT shooters for big men, particularly pau. lakers should win that series but it wont be a cake walk by no means.

all that depends on the health of the suns core guys who are all old except amare. nash shaq and hill are all injury prone

dirk4mvp
01-11-2009, 07:16 PM
I give you my opinion, Why do you think the Mavs have more chance against the Lakers than the Suns?

Your opinion was the Mavs wouldn't stand a chance. My opinion -

The Mavs would have a better chance than the Suns would.

turiaf for president
01-11-2009, 07:17 PM
if i was the lakers, the easiest logical way to the finals is jazz, nuggets, and they spurs in any order

pauls931
01-11-2009, 07:17 PM
All I ask for is someone other than the Lakers or Celtics to win it all this year... I'll even take a Spurs champship behind a Cavs or Suns one...

DAF86
01-11-2009, 07:18 PM
Your opinion was the Mavs wouldn't stand a chance. My opinion -

WHY?

turiaf for president
01-11-2009, 07:18 PM
A perect season for the LAkers would be to get the Suns, Hornets, Spurs, and then the Celtics in the Championship.

that would probably be the toughest road. i say this even tho i have spurs on my easiest, logical list because i think the spurs will make it to the WCF

td4mvp21
01-11-2009, 07:23 PM

Doubt it. I think a Mavs vs. Lakers series would be ugly (for the Mavs).

I'd like to see this series too. Not because I think the Suns would be tough for the Lakers but just because it would be fun to watch. I like watching Suns-Lakers games and now that Shaq is on the Suns it's even better. I LMAO last season when the Lakers bitchslapped Phoenix in nearly every meeting.

turiaf for president
01-11-2009, 07:30 PM
^ yes that would be ideal. but i always said becareful what you wish for. ill take the easier route and have a higher change at victory and less wear and tear on kobe over anything daggers or statement series anyday =D.

im going to tonights game. crappy 300 level seats but oh well better than nothing. wade v kobe!!

mystargtr34
01-11-2009, 07:39 PM
The toughest road for the Lakers would probably be a healthy Utah/Houston, Suns and the Spurs. Even with the recent loss to the Hornets i still think they match up better with them than with the other top 4. If Houston or Utah is missing one of its pieces, which is a 99.9% probability, the Lakers win in 4 or 5.

cobbler
01-11-2009, 08:02 PM
What everyone is forgetting is the age factor and the benches. Odom has torched the Suns on a regular basis. Pau actually plays Amare pretty well and Amare has no D to handle Pau from the outside. Shaq will wear down by the middle of the 3rd qtr. Richardson on Kobe? :lmao Nash's D is probably the worst PG defense in the league. Do they even have a backup PG?

Lakers in 5. 6 if there is some miracle the Suns pull off.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-11-2009, 08:11 PM
lmao @ Dirk4mvp calling the Mavs > the Suns fresh off Friday's ass raping.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-11-2009, 08:13 PM
You is still dumb. We own the suns.

Not in 2006 or 2007. I'm not saying Phoenix would win the series but it would be a 6 or 7 game series.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-11-2009, 08:14 PM
Lakers would beat the Suns mainly cause Gasol & Odom love soft defenders, especially ones named Amare.

SmellyFeet
01-11-2009, 08:24 PM
Not in 2006 or 2007. I'm not saying Phoenix would win the series but it would be a 6 or 7 game series.

English motherfucker, do you speak it?

"Own" = present. Why do you keep bringing 06/07? it's 2009 now babeh, and we owned you for a couple years now.

Ghazi
01-11-2009, 08:26 PM
lmao @ Dirk4mvp calling the Mavs > the Suns fresh off Friday's ass raping.

The Mavs kicked the Suns ass earlier in the season too, or does it go by who won the most recent game? If that's the case, Bobcats > Celtics.

The Suns are not very good at all, neither are the Mavs for that matter. Boths chances against the Lakers would be around 0% assuming everyone was healthy.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-11-2009, 08:27 PM
The Mavs kicked the Suns ass earlier in the season too, or does it go by who won the most recent game? If that's the case, Bobcats > Celtics.

They beat the Suns when Matt Barnes was starting and before J-Rich came to town.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-11-2009, 08:29 PM
English motherfucker, do you speak it?

"Own" = present. Why do you keep bringing 06/07? it's 2009 now babeh, and we owned you for a couple years now.

I wasn't aware beating the Suns by 5 in Staples center w/o Shaq or Richardson was considered "owning".

SmellyFeet
01-11-2009, 08:30 PM
I wasn't aware beating the Suns by 5 in Staples center w/o Shaq or Richardson was considered "owning".

I noticed you didn't include the game where we beat you with shaq and richardson. Selective memory much?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-11-2009, 08:31 PM
Why do you keep bringing 06/07? it's 2009 now babeh

Why am I not allowed to bring up 2006 or 2007 when all the Laker fans talk about is 2000-2002 when comparing Kobe to LeBron? It's hypocritical.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-11-2009, 08:31 PM
I noticed you didn't include the game where we beat you with shaq and richardson. Selective memory much?

What game where they beat the Suns w/ Shaq and J-Rich? Show me please.

SmellyFeet
01-11-2009, 08:32 PM
Why am I not allowed to bring up 2006 or 2007 when all the Laker fans talk about is 2000-2002 when comparing Kobe to LeBron? It's hypocritical.

Who gives a shit about those laker fans? you're talking to me now biatch, stick to the subject.

Or as SD would put it, "this thread is not about kobe, it's about the lakers owning the shitty suns".

SmellyFeet
01-11-2009, 08:32 PM
What game where they beat the Suns w/ Shaq and J-Rich? Show me please.

What's your record against us for the last couple of years?:toast

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-11-2009, 08:36 PM
What's your record against us for the last couple of years?:toast

I don't have a record against you, the SUNS record against the LAKERS (note the usage of 3rd person and proper English) has been 1-5 the last two years, however 0-2 is more accurate because the first 3 games were with a completely different team and the last 1 half the Suns team was injured (Marion instead of Shaq is important).

Can you please tell me about this supposed win against the Suns when J-Rich and Shaq played?

SmellyFeet
01-11-2009, 08:37 PM
I don't have a record against you, the SUNS record against the LAKERS (note the usage of 3rd person and proper English) has been 1-5 the last two years, however 0-2 is more accurate because the first 3 games were with a completely different team and the last 1 half the Suns team was injured (Marion instead of Shaq is important).

Can you please tell me about this supposed win against the Suns when J-Rich and Shaq played?

So for the last 2 years, we owned you 5-1?

Good. That's all I needed to know.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-11-2009, 08:40 PM
So for the last 2 years, we owned you 5-1?

Good. That's all I needed to know.

you didn't own me, the LAKERS owned the SUNS. You seem to struggle with the difference between 1st and 3rd person.

SmellyFeet
01-11-2009, 08:43 PM
you didn't own me, the LAKERS owned the SUNS. You seem to struggle with the difference between 1st and 3rd person.

Stop being a biatch. That's how fans talk.

Lakers own the suns.

Did that make you feel better?:)

Darthkiller
01-11-2009, 08:46 PM
the suns dont wann see lakers in the first round, lakers is the best team in the west. no one wants to see the lakers in the first rouond. I dont think the suns will see the lakers in the frist round though, more likely to be the blazers or jazz.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-11-2009, 08:47 PM
Stop being a biatch. That's how fans talk.

No, it's how Laker fans that have convinced themselves they are a major contributor to the Laker's success talk.

I know proper English isn't taught extremely well at Compton Elementary so I should be more understanding. "Ebonics 101" has a few chapters that cover LA.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-11-2009, 08:50 PM
the suns dont wann see lakers in the first round, lakers is the best team in the west. no one wants to see the lakers in the first rouond. I dont think the suns will see the lakers in the frist round though, more likely to be the blazers or jazz.

Of course I don't want Phoenix to play LA in the first round, the whole point is Phoenix would be a tougher than usual first round matchup for LA that could win a few games to drag the series out, pardon the LA fans for their defensive listening and argumentative nature.

SmellyFeet
01-11-2009, 08:52 PM
No, it's how Laker fans that have convinced themselves they are a major contributor to the Laker's success talk.

I know proper English isn't taught extremely well at Compton Elementary so I should be more understanding. "Ebonics 101" has a few chapters that cover LA.

you mad?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-11-2009, 08:53 PM
you mad?

I've been mad at fans who refer to the team they root for as we loooooooooong before this argument.

cobbler
01-11-2009, 08:56 PM

It's very common on sports forums to talk in the 3rd person. Bringing it down to a racial level is petty and only shows your ignorance and pathetic character as a person.

cobbler
01-11-2009, 08:58 PM

Unless the Suns get their act together.... they may not even be in the first round. :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-11-2009, 08:59 PM
It's very common on sports forums to talk in the 3rd person. Bringing it down to a racial level is petty and only shows your ignorance as well as pathetic character.

How is it racial, I know plenty of retarded white people who speak in Ebonics.

PS - 3rd person is the way I'm saying people SHOULD refer to their teams, 1st person is using words such as "I" or "we".

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-11-2009, 09:00 PM
Unless the Suns get their act together.... they may not even be in the first round. :lol

Idk, they suck right now but Houston and Dallas are shitty as well. I'd rather them miss the playoffs then lose in the 1st round, that gets old after awhile.

YellowFever
01-11-2009, 09:11 PM
I admit it. My dream road to the championship: Thunder, Grizzles, Clippers, Wizards.

LoL...

you're a smart guy. :toast

pauls931
01-11-2009, 09:24 PM
Idk, they suck right now but Houston and Dallas are shitty as well. I'd rather them miss the playoffs then lose in the 1st round, that gets old after awhile.

It's only happened once in recent history....

Armando
01-11-2009, 09:36 PM
I rather see the young inexperience Blazers in a 7 game series.

cobbler
01-11-2009, 10:54 PM
How is it racial, I know plenty of retarded white people who speak in Ebonics.

Nice try! When you comment on Compton and Ebonics in the same reference we all know what your implying.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-11-2009, 11:00 PM
Nice try! When you comment on Compton and Ebonics in the same reference we all know what your implying.

OK, whatever, I didn't make it about race, you did, I'm not responding to any accusations of me being racist after this post. In fact the ignore button comes in handy here.

cobbler
01-11-2009, 11:35 PM
OK, whatever, I didn't make it about race, you did, I'm not responding to any accusations of me being racist after this post. In fact the ignore button comes in handy here.

No... you did...and i called you on it... and now your backpeddling like the pussy you are.

:lol

pauls931
01-12-2009, 08:51 AM

Not if you play them like you did when they were short handed after the richardson trade... If you play to your potential, you should have no problem. But I agree, it would be a very entertaining series.

GetNashty
01-12-2009, 03:16 PM
Lakers v Suns in the WCF

book it

DAF86
03-01-2009, 06:33 PM
Bump

DrHouse
03-01-2009, 06:38 PM
If Andrew Bynum is able to play in the series Sun fan will wish he never commented in this thread.

The bottom line is sans Bynum the Lakers are an elite team. Not the favorites, but definitely an elite team that COULD make it to the Finals and win it all.

With Bynum, the discussion completely changes. Bynum is the piece that would turn a competitive series between the Lakers and Suns into a Laker blowout. He would simply make the Shaq matchup not an issue anymore.

Xylus
03-01-2009, 06:41 PM
I've wanted to play the Lakers in the postseason all year. If we make it into the playoffs, I think we'll have that chance.

Kobe™
03-01-2009, 06:42 PM
No homecooking in the post season kiddies
I'd love to see L.A. sweep your guys asses out across the floor come April.

DAF86
03-01-2009, 06:45 PM
This would be probably the toughest first round oponent for the Lakers.

DrHouse
03-01-2009, 06:48 PM
The Suns are the toughest matchup period of Bynum is not available to play.

Nobody else could really give the Lakers trouble because nobody else has a Center as dominant as Shaq.

The Spurs are actually less of an issue than the Suns for LA.

der Kaiser
03-01-2009, 06:51 PM
I still think Phoenix is too small, even with Shaq playing all juiced up. They would not be a cakewalk ala Denver but still too small.

Lets face it in the playoffs when you have time to prepare things are different. That and the Lakers will get most of the calls. Ho Yeah!

Xylus
03-01-2009, 06:52 PM

Nobody else could really give the Lakers trouble because nobody else has a Center as dominant as Shaq.

I agree that if Bynum is back and healthy, and we have no Amare to cancel out Gasol, then the Suns would be fucked against the Lakers. Without Bynum, the Suns are able to push the pace faster than the Lakers are comfortable with, and it closes the gap. Lakers would still be the favorites, of course, but it's not as lopsided as most Lakers fans think.

Xylus
03-01-2009, 06:54 PM
Make the playoffs and you will get your wish.

My boys are working on it. Injuries aren't helping us at all, though.

Muser
03-01-2009, 06:56 PM
I'd love to see Bynum make shaq his bitch, then presenters could get off the shaq/kobe dick.

Ghazi
03-01-2009, 07:08 PM
Suns will crumble during this road trip.

Xylus
03-01-2009, 07:08 PM
I'd love to see Bynum make shaq his bitch, then presenters could get off the shaq/kobe dick.

Of the 4 Suns-Lakers matchups this season, Shaq and Bynum have only played each other once. Shaq had 15 and 8, Bynum had 10 and 7. Wasn't much ownage going on.

pauls931
03-01-2009, 07:13 PM
Suns will crumble during this road trip.

I thereby dub thee... "Most Bitter Mavs Fan of the NBA 2008/2009 Season". Congratulations.:toast

Ghazi
03-01-2009, 07:18 PM
You must be bitter.

turiaf for president
03-01-2009, 07:23 PM
couple losses to playoff caliber teams isnt the end of the world. lakers need to shore up their D and just ride the wave to the 1st seed in the west.

Spur-Addict
03-01-2009, 07:28 PM
couple losses to playoff caliber teams isnt the end of the world. lakers need to shore up their D and just ride the wave to the 1st seed in the west.

http://s.bebo.com/app-image/7925650119/5411656627/PROFILE/i.quizzaz.com/img/q/u/08/04/08/StewieGriffin2_400w.jpg

Yes yes, ride the wave. I'm not sure what's worse, your insufferable comments, or your complete lack of basketball etiquette. Begone Laker Vermin!

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
03-01-2009, 07:51 PM
Lakers take 3-1 season series , I'll take it. But what's up with Sasha. Is this the way you perform after getting resing. Oh Boy! Mitch K must be having nightmares on Sashas shooting. He wishes that he would've gone after Turiaf. at least you get full effort from him. The bench hasn't showed up in the last two games. Kobe and Pau are the ones keeping them in the ball game. This last two games couldve gone our way but the rest of the team were a no show in parts of the game. Were still in the front seat in the WC. But you don't want to start playing the game of its only one game, that could comeback to haunt you. We haven't had a three game skid. With Memphis coming into staples, in paper that game should be a win. I would not be surprise if they come in and make it a game.

BeeGee
03-01-2009, 08:10 PM
Yeh, I'm sure David $tern wants to see Lakers v Suns too. Only 22 games to go. If we have Drew back and homecourt advantage, I'll be happy.

mystargtr34
03-01-2009, 08:35 PM

A healthy Bynum obviously makes a huge difference, especially against a team with a C like Shaq. But even with both teams at full strength, the Suns are the only team that can match the Lakers in terms of size, and better size at that. As much as Bynum has developed, Shaq is still the better, and more dominant player. Amare and Pau probably cancel each other out.

The Lakers would still go in as favourites obviously, but the Suns would give them alot of problems.

iggypop123
03-01-2009, 08:38 PM
without bynum the suns can present problems for the lakers as evidence shaq destroying gasol with elbows and hands. but if bynum is playing the suns are just another denver like last seasons playoff