PDA

View Full Version : Spurs upcoming draft situation

DesignatedT
01-11-2009, 06:33 PM
i know we dont have our first rounder next draft via oklahoma city but thought i read somewhere that we have an extra 2nd rounder or maybe even a first from someone else.

maybe someone can clear this up? also what would yall think about the spurs bringing in hansbrough from north carolina? seems the mock drafts have him falling late first round.

Thompson
01-11-2009, 06:54 PM
http://www.realgm.com/src_future_draftpicks.php

I went through it a week or so ago to figure out what picks we would have if the season ended then (not reflecting the current order of things, but close).

We would have had

56th (N.O.) this pick would be sent to Charlotte as the less favorable of ours and N.O.'s

55th (S.A.)

47th (Hou.)

36th (G.S.) - the site above forgets to put this pick in our 'credit' column, but has it in G.S. 'debit' column - it comes from the Dragic to the Suns trade.

It would be nice if Omri Casspi would fall to the second round, but even then we'd probably have to have the 31st pick or so.

bigdog
01-11-2009, 08:17 PM
hansbrough is a wuss and will be just a decent player at best in the NBA

I do wish to bring in a big or a small forward though.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-11-2009, 08:20 PM
Hansbrough = next Adam Morrison.

m33p0
01-11-2009, 08:22 PM
it is most likely that hairston and gist will suit up next season so the next draft isn't that important to spurs, imo. they'll probably trade those picks away.

loveforthegame
01-11-2009, 09:48 PM
I can see the Spurs trading those picks away too.

exstatic
01-11-2009, 10:03 PM
Eurostash, like Gist.

They'll actually have roster room for two of them, even if they keep Hairston and bring in Gist.

spurspokesman
01-11-2009, 10:55 PM
Hansbrough = next Adam Morrison.
Hansbrough sucks to me. He beats people mentally. Whenever someone plays him tough he folds. He is also slow. Nba will expose those areas of a players game

bigdog
01-11-2009, 11:00 PM
I bet the picks will be traded. If Mahinmi is healthy then we might not need a big. Bring over Gist and Hairston could possibly play next year. No need to draft players if they aren't going to play or if they're going to be stashed.

Rogue
01-11-2009, 11:20 PM
I think it's too early to debate on the draft, and it will still be early even the day before the draft day. The spurs intent to draft Batum last year but rockets broke in and took him, so it's not smart to reveal the guy you wanna draft before the draft. Don't tell anyone else whom you wanna draft until you have already drafted him.